What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Unofficial President Kamala Harris thread (1 Viewer)

Seriously. Pretty sure this was a conference for people with disabilities. I imagine everyone was asked to announce themselves this way so that visually impaired folks would know who she was. 

Pretty sad state that we are in where someone being kind and welcoming to all, especially the disabled, is viewed as some flaw and something to be mocked. 
Thanks for clarifying, it explains the cut out mask then as there must have been someone who is deaf there.  

Sheesh, awful snarky for a guy who didn't announce the color of the high horse he was riding.

Also . . . why would a blind or deaf person need to know what she was wearing?
A deaf person can see just fine, so this would have nothing to do with them.

It is for the blind and visually impaired. Others at the meeting also introduced themselves the same way. 

From the American Association of People with Disablities

We're hearing some folks may have questions about visual descriptions. Here's how and why to give one: Visual descriptions are an accessibility practice for blind and low-vision people. We do them to ensure that everyone can have context that sighted people may take in visually.

Visual self-description should briefly give others a sense of what you look like. At AAPD, when we do visual self-descriptions, we usually include our gender and race, hair, the color of one's clothing, and any distinguishing features (glasses, signature earrings, etc).

https://twitter.com/AAPD/status/1552111391670243332

This all feels eerily similar to the early post election conjecture that The Dems just used Biden as a ruse to get Kamala in the seat and he’d step down 6 months into the job.  Strange how all those theories just evaporated.  
Because I think even the staunchest opponents of Biden realized how big a moron Kamala actually is. They may not have watched the campaign trail but every time she speaks now, it becomes clear that she's the only thing keeping Joe safe from his party. 

Yes I got that. My question is why?
When we introduce ourselves at a meeting, we all take in so much information with our eyes. What you are wearing, whether you have glasses on, what color your hair is, whether you are attractive, etc. Visually impaired people get no such info from someone just stating their name. So descriptions just sort of help level the playing field.

:shrug:

This is all new to me, so I suppose you could google just like I did.

Here is something I just read

For a visually impaired person who has some level of sight, having descriptions of physical characteristics can help them recall individuals and identify them on a second meeting.

When we introduce ourselves at a meeting, we all take in so much information with our eyes. What you are wearing, whether you have glasses on, what color your hair is, whether you are attractive, etc. Visually impaired people get no such info from someone just stating their name. So descriptions just sort of help level the playing field.

This is all new to me, so I suppose you could google just like I did.

Here is something I just read

For a visually impaired person who has some level of sight, having descriptions of physical characteristics can help them recall individuals and identify them on a second meeting.

Thanks. 

The more interesting question IMO is why not?  Why does this clip, or any pronoun-related hijinks, bother anyone?  

Thanks. 

The more interesting question IMO is why not?  Why does this clip, or any pronoun-related hijinks, bother anyone?  
There’s nothing necessarily wrong with it.  But many people, myself included, find it annoying when a person announces their pronouns.  Especially when it’s a woman that everyone on the planet knows is a woman. 

It’s not the end of the world. Just annoying.

There’s nothing necessarily wrong with it.  But many people, myself included, find it annoying when a person announces their pronouns.  Especially when it’s a woman that everyone on the planet knows is a woman. 

It’s not the end of the world. Just annoying.

Why do you find it annoying? I've never done it myself, but I can't imagine actually caring about this. 

Doesn't bother me - just curious. We can have a discussion without me knowing what you're wearing - like now. And I'm not sure if anyone gains any insight by knowing I'm in jorts and a Nickelback concert T.

Why do you find it annoying? I've never done it myself, but I can't imagine actually caring about this. 
Because our entire lives we’ve never had the need to announce our pronouns and now people feel the need to do it.  Not a fan of unnecessary language, especially when it’s only being done to make a social point.  

Doesn't bother me - just curious. We can have a discussion without me knowing what you're wearing - like now. And I'm not sure if anyone gains any insight by knowing I'm in jorts and a Nickelback concert T.
If everyone else knew what you looked like and what you were wearing, I would want to know as well. 

Because our entire lives we’ve never had the need to announce our pronouns and now people feel the need to do it.  Not a fan of unnecessary language, especially when it’s only being done to make a social point.  

So it's the added words and the time they waste? Do you feel the same way about honorifics? 

"It is time for us to do what we have been doing and that time is every day." -Kamala Harris.

I'm betting her SOTU addresses would be the most words, with the least amount of pertinent information, ever uttered.

Never underestimate the power of virtue signaling. Its pull is is so great that an entire political side of the aisle can't escape it. 

Its the ultimate being able to show people how much you care without having to put any skin in the game.

When you see a person tell everyone about how they put a shopping cart back or gave old clothes to their church or wore a mask to show what a good person they are, what do you feel?

Never underestimate the power of virtue signaling. Its pull is is so great that an entire political side of the aisle can't escape it. 

Its the ultimate being able to show people how much you care without having to put any skin in the game.

You got that right, gb. Of course there's only one side of the aisle getting their panties in a twist about pronouns, and it ain't Kamala's side.

You got that right, gb. Of course there's only one side of the aisle getting their panties in a twist about pronouns, and it ain't Kamala's side.
WHAT?   this is a joke post right?  Right?   Cause I'm pretty sure the left gets it's non-gender underwear in a bunch if the correct pronouns aren't used.   to the point where there have been accusations of that being VIOLENCE...

Give me a break.  

Yes.   No.

Compare the following. Hint: One is 6x longer than the other.

Ms.

my pronouns are she and her

Wow, I had no idea. I am sorry that you have been so thoroughly oppressed. I mean if there's one thing I know about the party of Donald Trump, it is that its members value brevity.  Let me know what I can do to help free you from this tremendous burden.

I apologize for only extending my offer to stoneworker. If there are any others here who have been victimized by strangers clarifying their pronoun preferences, please let us know what we can do to help. Is there a Gofundme to help victims of people declaring their pronouns?  Maybe some sort of charitable organization that funds research efforts? 

I apologize for only extending my offer to stoneworker. If there are any others here who have been victimized by strangers clarifying their pronoun preferences, please let us know what we can do to help. Is there a Gofundme to help victims of people declaring their pronouns?  Maybe some sort of charitable organization that funds research efforts? 
Hilarious from the guy that makes himself a victim in every conversation he enters.  Well done.

Wow, I had no idea. I am sorry that you have been so thoroughly oppressed. I mean if there's one thing I know about the party of Donald Trump, it is that its members value brevity.  Let me know what I can do to help free you from this tremendous burden.
Perhaps start by not asking anymore silly questions.

If everyone else knew what you looked like and what you were wearing, I would want to know as well. 
If you never had the ability to see, what context would the words blue or suit have to you?

Not all blind people have been blind their whole life. Not all blind people are completely blind.

As I said, this is all new to me, but it apparently is the preferred way to introduce yourself if there are visually impaired people present. I try my best to appease people, especially if it is as simple as saying something like "my name is moops, I am terribly handsome and wearing a sweet checkered button down shirt exposing some sexy chest hairs".

She’s cert competent. I don’t love her personality (from what I know of it); I’m not sure she’s a good person. But that wouldn’t disqualify her from being a good President. She’s got some very good ideas; I agree with her on most issues. She’s not too far to the left: I think she would do a pretty good job. 
I think many if not most people would think she's failed so far at VP, which in theory is a much easier position than POTUS. Curious as to what makes you think she's be a good pres when she's done little of note as VP. I'd like to like her, but just don't see anything positive she's done really as vice. 

Like all the R’s who pretend to believe in and agree with Trump, but criticize him behind closed doors?  That type of virtue signaling?   ;)  

So it's the added words and the time they waste? Do you feel the same way about honorifics? 
It’s the unnecessary words.  As an example in the speech that started this, Kamala said she was a woman. That’s all that’s needed. There’s literally no reason for her to tell us her pronouns. Woman is sufficient.

Has anyone claimed to be victimized? Many people just find it highly annoying and/or like to poke fun at how ridiculous it is.  

No idea, I don't know anyone who declares any of these things on a regular basis. Sorry.
If you watch MNF this fall and during the first drive when they show the starters they say …”John Smith, running back , THE Ohio St., my pronouns are he,him” would you think that’s odd?

:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm Kamala Harris, my pronouns are she, her, and I'm wearing a white and gold dress . . . 

Excuse me Madam Vice President but that's a black and blue dress.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA it's white and gold.

Black and blue.

If you watch MNF this fall and during the first drive when they show the starters they say …”John Smith, running back , THE Ohio St., my pronouns are he,him” would you think that’s odd?

Is he not going to tell us what color he is wearing, a number and where he lines up? My wife would actually love that.

If you're going to tell people about yourself, why would you waste time on something as superficial as what you look like? Screw that. Tell them your free-throw percentage.

This is why people vote for Trump, and honestly, I understand.

Other things equal, I think preserving American democracy seems like a good idea. But if the price is having to tell everyone you're wearing a blue suit, I'm out. How bad can a dictatorship be, really?

So dumb.  And a waste of time.  Like most of what the left does

Has anyone claimed to be victimized? Many people just find it highly annoying and/or like to poke fun at how ridiculous it is.  

Ever hear the phrase "they can dish it out, but they can't take it?" 

I sure would! But I'm also fairly certain I wouldn't still be talking about it several days later.

Users who are viewing this thread