What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

US Men's National Team (7 Viewers)

This is complicated.

Roma has met the Dallas transfer fee request but not personal terms with Reynolds and the opposite is true for Juventus and Brugge.

=======

[Filippo Biafora] Update on Reynolds situation: Roma has not raised their offer yet to the player (Reynolds), who yesterday found an agreement with Juvenuts (going on loan to Cagliari is not an issue to Reynolds) and found an agreement this afternoon with Club Bruges

This is complicated.

Roma has met the Dallas transfer fee request but not personal terms with Reynolds and the opposite is true for Juventus and Brugge.

=======

[Filippo Biafora] Update on Reynolds situation: Roma has not raised their offer yet to the player (Reynolds), who yesterday found an agreement with Juvenuts (going on loan to Cagliari is not an issue to Reynolds) and found an agreement this afternoon with Club Bruges
BUT WAHT ABOUT CADEN?!

Bryang Kayo is probably a brand new name to most.  He is the youngest on the roster at only 17.   He came up through DC United's academy.  He played for the US U17's.

I am unsure why he is considered unattached.  I assume he wants to make the move to Europe when he turns 18 and needs to stay out of contract to move easily.

Here is a highlight of one game he played in the USL this summer.  He looks like he needs to still grow into his frame but he is a bundle of energy for a tall player.  He reminds me a little of Sharlrie Joseph from back in the day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q75rPNiivAo
Almost an anniversary posting....

Thanks for posting that, it was a very nice watch.

For years we have had some amazing athletes play but with out any useful technical skills they all peaked well short of being very good international players.  The best of that group was probably Yedlin and we all know how limited he is.

But starting with Pulisic, we seem to finally be pairing good technical skills with high athleticism that really only Donovan had as a pair (if EJ had a good development environment, he would have possibly been another).  Now it feels like so many of the young players have a decent amount of both sides of the player profile.

I think this stat is self biased in that Fulham is probably under attack more than most teams in the league.  That being said, from the minute Robinson got his chance, I don't think he has come off the field so he must be doing quite well.

============

OneGoal

@OneGoalUS

Antonee Robinson (23) leads all EPL left backs in clearances and blocked crosses per game played this season
Reminds me of my sons college team. They were so bad that the goalie lead the nation in saves by a huge amount. Poor kid was pelted night after night and we’d usually be out shot by 15-20 a game. Worked out from him as he got a transfer opportunity to play for a top 20 team and go to grad school. Defenders had great clearance stats, but booting a ball down field rather than passing it outdidint help with possession 

:popcorn:

==================

Big Bad MLS

@BigBadMLS

#BreakingNews I’m hearing from my Sources Bryan Reynolds to #Juve is close to being a done deal. Things can change but I’m being told it’s almost a done deal barring anything unexpected or a #Roma last attempt. Massive move for the #FCDallas homegrown and future #USMNT star.

The rumors about Brugge are true with them having an agreement with FC Dallas on the complete terms of the deal. Juve heard this and have come back in aggressively today. I expect it be completed soon. Don’t see Brugge happening as the final destination. Two Americans at Juve!

Only way this falls apart is if Juventus fail to meet the financial demands which I don’t see happening based upon what my sources have told me. As long as they meet the personal terms it will be no problem. Brugge potentially being used to up the price. Smart business by FCD.

FC Dallas always do right by their players on homegrown transfers. They’ll let Reynolds go wherever he wishes. Juve sign and loan not ideal but a must for the deal. Up to meeting the personal terms now.Bring out the BRINKS truck for the contract and he’s yours.  Close but not done.

:popcorn:

==================

Big Bad MLS

@BigBadMLS

#BreakingNews I’m hearing from my Sources Bryan Reynolds to #Juve is close to being a done deal. Things can change but I’m being told it’s almost a done deal barring anything unexpected or a #Roma last attempt. Massive move for the #FCDallas homegrown and future #USMNT star.

The rumors about Brugge are true with them having an agreement with FC Dallas on the complete terms of the deal. Juve heard this and have come back in aggressively today. I expect it be completed soon. Don’t see Brugge happening as the final destination. Two Americans at Juve!

Only way this falls apart is if Juventus fail to meet the financial demands which I don’t see happening based upon what my sources have told me. As long as they meet the personal terms it will be no problem. Brugge potentially being used to up the price. Smart business by FCD.

FC Dallas always do right by their players on homegrown transfers. They’ll let Reynolds go wherever he wishes. Juve sign and loan not ideal but a must for the deal. Up to meeting the personal terms now.Bring out the BRINKS truck for the contract and he’s yours.  Close but not done.
Interesting. I just saw an article linking Araujo to Juve too, which would seem overkill...but he would also seem to have the upper hand in terms of more experience at the same age. Argument could be made that Reynolds looks like more of the modern FB prototype.

Either way...no way he gets 1st team minutes any time soon, imo. Sign and loan, most likely and then bring him in over the summer to see how he fits in. But of course I'd love to be completely wrong there.

Interesting. I just saw an article linking Araujo to Juve too, which would seem overkill...but he would also seem to have the upper hand in terms of more experience at the same age. Argument could be made that Reynolds looks like more of the modern FB prototype.

Either way...no way he gets 1st team minutes any time soon, imo. Sign and loan, most likely and then bring him in over the summer to see how he fits in. But of course I'd love to be completely wrong there.
Sign and loan I think is the only path with Juve.  Juve are out of non EU slots in their roster.

I'm curious why teams do this. Is there some benefit to buying and loaning a player out immediately?
They are buying into the kid's potential and trying to beat other teams to the punch. Reynolds can't possibly be ready for a top 5 team after one season of MLS. He'll get sent somewhere to season for a bit and Juve (or whatever other buyer) gets to see if/how the kid develops getting minutes for another team. Or he doesn't get minutes and they cut bait.

They are buying into the kid's potential and trying to beat other teams to the punch. Reynolds can't possibly be ready for a top 5 team after one season of MLS. He'll get sent somewhere to season for a bit and Juve (or whatever other buyer) gets to see if/how the kid develops getting minutes for another team. Or he doesn't get minutes and they cut bait.
Only half a season to boot.  He started playing after Cannon left for Portugal. Dallas also had to miss the MLS Is Back tournament because of Covid.

Pulisic starts again today. 

According to ESPN he is on the right again, where his production is very low.  I hope that can change today, he needs to get involved in goals on the right if Lampard wants to stick with Werner on the left.

I have to say I still don't get it.  Werner has done nothing on the left and Pulisic is strong on the left.  It feels like Lampard is weakening two spots at the same time.   But he clearly must see something that I can't as a fan.

Brutal half from Chelsea.  Arsenal's kids are off to a well deserved 2-0 lead.

Pulisic barely touched the ball on the right.  he had two good runs fairly early and that was pretty much it.

Yedlin starting for Newcastle against Man City, part of a fifth-tier lineup that is Bruce’s way of saying “We’re getting smashed anyway, may as well rest anyone of consequence and get REALLY SMASHED.”

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to say I still don't get it.  Werner has done nothing on the left and Pulisic is strong on the left.  It feels like Lampard is weakening two spots at the same time.   But he clearly must see something that I can't as a fan.
Nope.

Not sure of the exact details, but I believe Chelsea haven't taken three points from any team in the top ~half.

solid second half for Pulisic as he moved to the left but no where near enough to help the rest of his team, many of whom who had poor efforts
I just don't understand it watching the Chelsea games.  They have so much attacking talent, yet many times(like today) it seems like if Christian doesn't superman through the defense and either score or set up a key play then Chelsea can't score.  Something with their system just isn't working because he shouldn't have to be in that situation.  Also, I have issues with Lampard's selection.  A few games back Chelsea was trying to run in behind or play through the middle and they started Giroud, who's really more of a target man.  Then today, it felt like their only plan was to ping in crosses and Giroud is sat in favor of Tammy, who really seems to be terrible at getting on the end of crosses.  I think switching the two for those two games would've made the situations look much nicer.

Maybe it'll look much better once Ziyech gets back.  They looked much more dangerous in the second with Pulisic on the left and an actual winger in CHO on the right.  I wouldn't be surprised to see Pulisic and CHO start against Villa.

.  I wouldn't be surprised to see Pulisic and CHO start against Villa.
I think you will see this.  Lampards comments after the game made it clear that he is finally acknowledging that Werner is not giving them enough in the wide spot.

Lampard on Werner: "Goals not going in is something an attacking player will get judged on. Timo wasn’t giving us enough with or without the ball. Some of it we have to give him time. I keep saying the same thing because it’s a different league, but we have to get there quickly"

Good info here on Reynolds and the possible 6th month loan should he go to Juve

===================

Future USMNT

@FutureUsmnt

As of this morning, it looks like Juventus is back in pole position to land FC Dallas right back Bryan Reynolds. While initially Roma looked like the best landing spot, going to Juve with an immediate loan to Cagliari makes a lot of sense upon further examination.

As we know, Juventus can sign Reynolds but can't play him this season since they've maxed out their non-eu roster spots. Therefore, a 6 month loan will be necessary. Both Cagliari and Sampdoria have been mentioned as loan spots, but Cagliari looks to be a much more likely option.

Cagliari currently sit 15th in Serie A, and play either a traditional back 4 or back 5 with wingbacks. Either system will suit Reynolds, who grew up playing right wing but was recently converted to right back.

Cagliari also don't have a preferred right back. They've flipped between Paolo Farago and Gabriele Zappa, neither of which have done particularly well this season. If Reynolds does land there on loan, there would be a good chance that he gets immediate playing time.

Reynolds would get his feet wet in Serie A and would gain familiarity with the league before he goes back to Juve for the start of next season. This would put him in a good spot to compete for serious minutes there. A lot to like about this imo

Maybe it'll look much better once Ziyech gets back.  
After they spent so much money, it seemed like the lineup would choose itself offensively:

Puli on left, Werner in middle, Ziyech on right

Abraham as first sub for Werner, Odoi as first sub on wing.   Giroud transferred.

None of this has come to pass.  I am not sure the expected lineup has played once together, due to the injuries.   Giroud has been the best striker and even Abraham continues to score (I don't like him as a player but he does get the ball in).

Looks like Owen is making the transition from dressing every game and never playing, to being a choice now to play.

I believe he has played over 110 minutes combined in the last three games for Wolves.

After they spent so much money, it seemed like the lineup would choose itself offensively:

Puli on left, Werner in middle, Ziyech on right

Abraham as first sub for Werner, Odoi as first sub on wing.   Giroud transferred.

None of this has come to pass.  I am not sure the expected lineup has played once together, due to the injuries.   Giroud has been the best striker and even Abraham continues to score (I don't like him as a player but he does get the ball in).
Lamps isn’t doing Werner any favors either.  It’s past time they put Werner back in his preferred position.

I also think their midfield has been pretty putrid during this stretch.  There’s no creativity and it seems at times that they’re very disjointed and static.  

NewlyRetired said:
Looks like Owen is making the transition from dressing every game and never playing, to being a choice now to play.

I believe he has played over 110 minutes combined in the last three games for Wolves.
Otasowie has not been bad and may continue to get the odd minutes because Wolves isn't exactly a deep side. But the primary reason he's playing right now is Dendocker has been hurt (and has missed the last 3 games). He will probably return in the next week or so.

Its also possible that Otasowie will just beat the competition to death with his bare hands and take his preferred position by force.

Its really not out of the realm of possibility

Christian Pulisic is starting for Chelsea today against Aston Villa - part of a front 3 with CHO on the other wing and Giroud in the middle.  Not that it matters in the USMNT topic, but coach Lampard has picked a rare centerback pairing of Andreas Christenson and Tony Rudigger.  This could be an end to end affair today.

Let's Go!

I only got to watch the last 20+ of the Chelsea game.  In those minutes Pulisic looked good and dangerous.   I hope something breaks for him soon in terms of goals or assists as it has been quite a dry spell, which is weird because he is playing consistently well. He does have two hockey assists at least in the last two games but his play looks like it should be more productive than it is.

At least the hamstring looks fully healed.

I only got to watch the last 20+ of the Chelsea game.  In those minutes Pulisic looked good and dangerous.   I hope something breaks for him soon in terms of goals or assists as it has been quite a dry spell, which is weird because he is playing consistently well. He does have two hockey assists at least in the last two games but his play looks like it should be more productive than it is.

At least the hamstring looks fully healed.
He had a great chance in the first half that he pushed just wide. It was one of those where I'm sure he's extremely disappointed not to have scored,  but it would have been a great goal had he converted it.  I've been working all morning and had the game on in the background, so don't have much else to say about it.

From goal...

Pulisic fails to inspire 

He was lively enough on the left flank and worked hard, his 10.8 kilometres covered second only to N'Golo Kante, but Pulisic just was not effective enough during proceedings. He should have done better with his early chances and he otherwise failed to produce a single key pass.  

Lampard seemed happy with Pulisic

===========

"Christian was really bright all game. That’s great for him, fitness-wise, to play two games in such a short space of time. He created plenty of chances, he had an opportunity himself when he hit the side-netting and it looked like it was in but overall, he was really bright."

Users who are viewing this thread