What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Vancouver CA - cool stuff to do? (1 Viewer)

Sand

Footballguy
Headed there for a cruise and being paranoid about airlines we're going Friday for a Sunday departure. We'll see if that's warranted but I took no chances on getting to the boat.

Any can't miss items to see there for a day?

Last edited:
Aside from Stanley Park’s awesomeness, University of BC has awesome museums and gardens. You can get a pass for all of them. Highly worth it imo.

Such a beautiful city. I'd probably hit the Suspension Bridge park and Grouse Mountain since you only have a day. Victoria seems like too much travel if you're just there for a short time.

Rent bike or e-bike ride the outerloop
of Stanley Park then stop at the Brewery in the park.

Grouse Mountain is neat.

Take passenger ferry over to Granville Market for lunch.

I’d head a little further to Whistler, for some of the best mountain biking on the continent. Or get a guide, and canyoneer or climb in Squamish.

Having just one day would be pretty ambitious to get up and mountain bike. Victoria is cool but that would really be a lot IMO.

Weather will most likely be perfect :fingers crossed: and city is a very unique and picturesque setting so staying in the city / outer neighborhoods for good diner would be my move.

Was up there earlier this year and I would point out there are some areas that are a bit sketchy adjacent to some very otherwise touristy and foody areas (Gastown). I wouldn’t avoid them or anything just if you are walking something to note.

If you have only one day, I fully agree with biking or walking around Stanley Park and having some lunch/drinks over at Granville Market. That might fill up a good chunk of the day. Trips to Victoria, Whistler or even Squamish are really good ideas, but may be a bit much for one day.

@waiver wire lives near there. He will have some local knowledge.

Sorry that I missed this
I was in Mexico , checking out resorts for a week and got home last night at 230
Was up today at 730 for a Celebrity Solstice ship inspection

Weather is great so have a great cruise , who are you sailing with : RC, HAL or Celebrity ?

@waiver wire lives near there. He will have some local knowledge.

Sorry that I missed this
I was in Mexico , checking out resorts for a week and got home last night at 230
Was up today at 730 for a Celebrity Solstice ship inspection

Weather is great so have a great cruise , who are you sailing with : RC, HAL or Celebrity ?
HAL. No particular reason other than they have their music walk, which sounded cool.

At LAX now. Just paid $45 for two sandwiches in here. I hate LA.

Vancouver is an extremely beautiful city, without a lot of stuff to do besides nature based activities. Hope you have a blast on your cruise.

I usually recommend Granville Island and Capilano suspension bridge(very nice but way overpriced).

Vancouver is an extremely beautiful city, without a lot of stuff to do besides nature based activities. Hope you have a blast on your cruise.

I usually recommend Granville Island and Capilano suspension bridge(very nice but way overpriced).
Thanks for your kind offer Zigg. I also hope we have a blast on the boat. Weather looks good!

Did Granville Island a rented a bike for a loop around Stanley Park. Nice day. Thanks for all the help, all.

Users who are viewing this thread