What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (5 Viewers)

I see a lot of upper level player use her as well. 
I haven't played in a month because I got tired of games being decided by two things.

1. Who has the better pharah

2. Does your team have 2 exceptional hit scan players (mecree, soldier, widow) to counter pharah. 

If you don't have #2 you just get pounded.

I haven't played in a month because I got tired of games being decided by two things.

1. Who has the better pharah

2. Does your team have 2 exceptional hit scan players (mecree, soldier, widow) to counter pharah. 

If you don't have #2 you just get pounded.
What do you think they need to do to limit her?

Either revert her booster buff from a few months ago that allows her to stay in the air forever or have her rockets explode after a certain distance. 
Her health isn't that great. I've noticed that as long as she's the focus of a couple people she goes down pretty quick. Most people will make her the number one priority once they see her. 

Her health isn't that great. I've noticed that as long as she's the focus of a couple people she goes down pretty quick. Most people will make her the number one priority once they see her. 
While I get what you are saying. It's hard to do when the other 5 enemies are charging you.

Edit:

She is the only character in the game who 90% of the heroes can not even damage.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's about her being in the hands of a capable/great player. She seems like an "defensive" offensive character in that she should just be hanging back (or in the sky) and just picking off injured opponents in the melee. If an opponent is playing a Pharoah Killer (like an Agent 76)...they have to be dedicated to concentrating on her.  

I think she loses a lot on certain maps though. 

While I get what you are saying. It's hard to do when the other 5 enemies are charging you.
True but it's back line characters that attack her. Zen, 76, etc. even Torbs turret is usually enough help to get her down. Your teams tanks should hold long enough to take her out. 

It all depends on the skill level tree that you're at too. Some teams/people are terrible. A bad Pharah is easy to take down. A bad (not paying attention) team can get torn up by a Pharah. 

I think it's about her being in the hands of a capable/great player. She seems like an "defensive" offensive character in that she should just be hanging back (or in the sky) and just picking off injured opponents in the melee. If an opponent is playing a Pharoah Killer (like an Agent 76)...they have to be dedicated to concentrating on her.  

I think she loses a lot on certain maps though. 
Because there is such easy and obvious counters to Pharah I don't think she's that bad to play against. 

Tracer however, when she's where she's supposed to be (flanking and behind the other team) trying to hit her is extremely difficult. And if you do hit her she rewinds and refills her health. Then usually sprints away. 

Because there is such easy and obvious counters to Pharah I don't think she's that bad to play against. 

Tracer however, when she's where she's supposed to be (flanking and behind the other team) trying to hit her is extremely difficult. And if you do hit her she rewinds and refills her health. Then usually sprints away. 
What rank are you? Above diamond? She is a monster above diamond and the winning team always has a pharah. I'm a bastion only player though lol.

I gotcha.  I've tried to learn guitar no less than three times.  The last time was Rocksmith.  It's just not something I'm going to be able to learn to do.  It was fun in the beginning, but then you hit the part in the learning curve where it starts to get tough, and progress slows down.  At that point it felt more like work, and less like having fun.  That's not what I play video games for.

Plus, while I played Rock Band, I was never a master.  I couldn't play the hardest difficulty level for any but the easiest songs.  And to be honest, the most fun I have with rock band is when I play guitar, sing, and rope someone else in the family to join me for a few songs.  None of those are options with Rocksmith.
I totally get where you're coming from. Rocksmith in particular goes from easy to insane. You screw up and it takes you back down to easy then ranks it way back up again. I wonder if the newer version does a better job of that. 

As as far as playing guitar, I also see where you're coming from. When I first started to play, daunting doesn't even begin to describe how difficult it was. 

What rank are you? Above diamond? She is a monster above diamond and the winning team always has a pharah. I'm a bastion only player though lol.
How do you use Bastion?  Do you sit back and guard a point....or are you more aggressive and want to be near the front line?

I didn't complete the ranking matches for this or last season but I'm not good. I've gotten steadily worse as time goes on. So it's probably fair to say that different tiers have different OP characters. I have no idea what is happen in the upper tiers.

When the game first came out I was an above average Mercy but as I dropped tiers I had to switch to dps (picked 76). 

How do you use Bastion?  Do you sit back and guard a point....or are you more aggressive and want to be near the front line?
I actually prefer bastion on offense more than defense. Bastion is really exposed on defense to flankers and has a rough time against a multi tank pushes since they took away head shot damage from sentry mode. I play him pretty aggressive though. In diamond I had a 50+ kill game and 65k dmg on a win, one of my best ranked games. I really enjoy mini gun classes in fps games like tf2 and dirty bomb. You will get grief playing bastion in general from teammates even if you are carrying.

I've been playing the hell out of Players Unknown Battleground lately. That game is alot of fun if you have friends to play with consistently.

I have a dumb question....have this Xbox One.  I had two "adult" account and want to switch one of them over to a "kid" account.  I've figured out how to create that profile, but how do I move all the progress he's made on this Forza racing game to the new account so he doesn't lose all his cars?
I still can't figure this out...it has to be a permission thing, but I went to the xbox forum to follow the steps they have and the options I say I should have, I don't. :wall:  

I finally caved and sprung for Horizon Zero Dawn -- was planning to wait for a price drop, but whatever.  You guys all know this already, but it really is a phenomenal game and I can see why it got so much praise in this thread earlier in the year.  It's hard to put my finger on why this game is so good.  It's basically Far Cry only with robot dinosaurs (which of course Far Cry had, too), but whereas the last FC I played bored me to tears, HZD is completely gripping.     
But most of them aren't dinosaurs! :hot:  

I finally caved and sprung for Horizon Zero Dawn -- was planning to wait for a price drop, but whatever.  You guys all know this already, but it really is a phenomenal game and I can see why it got so much praise in this thread earlier in the year.  It's hard to put my finger on why this game is so good.  It's basically Far Cry only with robot dinosaurs (which of course Far Cry had, too), but whereas the last FC I played bored me to tears, HZD is completely gripping.     
on sale for 40 bucks on Amazon today. may have to finally pony up for it.

Just an XCOM 2 rant because I'm a little pissed off right now. No value to this post whatsoever.

Commander level is just the most unbalanced thing I have ever seen in an XCOM game. First try, breeze through it, don't even break a sweat. 2nd try, documented earlier. A dozen misses in a ROW at over 75% probability of hit. Squad wipe. Third try, breeze through it. Tonight, try another. First mission, not a scratch, which is unusual for me on this level. Feeling good. First "easy" mission, go in with my 4 squaddies. This is scripted, it gets your engineer. Easy. Uh-huh. FOUR pods, and it drops in rein-#######-forcements as I am engaged with two pods! First off, this mission has NEVER had four pods before. It's supposed to be EASY. Then another pod of reinforcements? Are you ####### kidding me? Needless to say I had ZERO chance and my great start was quickly wiped off the map. What a crock of ####.

PlasmaDogPlasma said:
The video timesuck in my life right now is a game that just came out in 2003 called Eve Online. I don't know how I missed out on spreadsheets in space all these years. 
There's a really good streamer named hateless_gaming on Twitch that does a lot of Eve runs. Makes me want to play but I know I'd be sucked right in for months. 

Ugh... looks like I'll skip another year. 

Although the EA boxing game had a pretty solid story.  It was a pretty tough challenge too. 
Madden is also switching over to the Frostbite engine. FIFA switched over in 17 

I would like to give Madden credit for trying something new (with the story mode not the game engine) but it's EA. So it's just as likely that they did minimal work to the actual game and sent their time switching over to the new engine and just threw in this story as a "See we are trying something new". 

I think Madden should be a $5 a month subscription and then just have constant updates, patches, events, etc.

Downloaded Friday the 13th last night for PS4. It's only $40. Basically its a survival horror game where you play as the camp counselors or as Jason. It's actually pretty fun and scary as hell! I've only "survived" twice. 
Crazy stupid fun. Unfortunately it's interrupted by terrible server issues constantly. It was a kick starter company that built it but they were no where near prepared for those first few weeks of launch. I'm XB1 and that's apparently worse than PS4 and PC.

But a great party game to play with friends.

I think Madden should be a $5 a month subscription and then just have constant updates, patches, events, etc.
I guess it sort of is on Xbox where they have that EA Live sub.  $5 is pretty cheap.  $60 for the year which is equal to the game.  I think $7.50 to $10 is still pretty fair.  That'd be more in line w like gamefly or something.  

I guess it sort of is on Xbox where they have that EA Live sub.  $5 is pretty cheap.  $60 for the year which is equal to the game.  I think $7.50 to $10 is still pretty fair.  That'd be more in line w like gamefly or something.  
I just divided $60 by 12 whatever number works for me. For the sake of discussion let's roll with my price. At $5 a month they don't have anyone complaining about the price and they still have all their in game stuff (coins maybe?). My guess would be that the the online subscription would balance out initially with those who cancel the subscription without paying for the whole year and those who wouldn't be able to buy it second hand. Plus, I'm sure they would have some kind of thing where if you pay for a whole year it is $60 for the year but month by month is $7 or whatever. Plus, they'd get you with an expansion every few years. 

Madden has a choke hold on it's fan base anyways but if they were to switch to a subscription based system (like World of Warcraft) I think they could make more money and they wouldn't have to focus as much on new gimmicks every year to pitch. It just seems like such an old way of doing things to put out a game every year. Especially when they know they are going to always have a consumer base and the subscription model has proven success. 

Madden is also switching over to the Frostbite engine. FIFA switched over in 17 

I would like to give Madden credit for trying something new (with the story mode not the game engine) but it's EA. So it's just as likely that they did minimal work to the actual game and sent their time switching over to the new engine and just threw in this story as a "See we are trying something new". 

EA Access (if you're on Xbox) - or $30/year and you have access to other EA games, like Fifa and the rest.  Sure you won't be able to play the new game until after the NFL season, but you won't be paying full price for all of that.   Personally, I'm fine waiting a few months.   I never bought the games at launch anyway and was usually a season behind to save money.

I totally get where you're coming from. Rocksmith in particular goes from easy to insane. You screw up and it takes you back down to easy then ranks it way back up again. I wonder if the newer version does a better job of that. 

As as far as playing guitar, I also see where you're coming from. When I first started to play, daunting doesn't even begin to describe how difficult it was. 
I mastered rock band and GH, but Rocksmith taught me that if I wanted to play the actual guitar, I needed lessons.  2 years later just starting to play music beyond chords.  It's not intuitive enough for a large majority of people I'd imagine.  

Side note: I only take one 30 min lesson a week. You could learn real guitar from an instructor in no time at all if you put time and effort to it. 

EA Access (if you're on Xbox) - or $30/year and you have access to other EA games, like Fifa and the rest.  Sure you won't be able to play the new game until after the NFL season, but you won't be paying full price for all of that.   Personally, I'm fine waiting a few months.   I never bought the games at launch anyway and was usually a season behind to save money.
Ditto, but don't forget that you get 10 hours to test drive the full version of games when they come out, or you can ration those hours out closer to when they finally hit the vault.

This will be the first year that I'll just wait for Madden and FIFA to hit the Vault.

Anyone playing the Morrowind MMORPG game? I remember trying it for 5 minutes and hating it when it first came out years ago. Is it worth giving another shot?

Maik Jeaunz said:
Was $40 for digital on PSN this weekend.  I bought it but barely had time to get started.  

Maik Jeaunz said:
Was $40 for digital on PSN this weekend.  I bought it but barely had time to get started.  

I rarely used a sling. Never used a rope caster. I found bows and stealth, along with override, were more than enough to get me through the game. A few traps were nice and fun to play with. But never felt any of that was necessary.
I started mixing it up to keep it fun for me personally. My Bows were used most of the time with time slow down of course. But using that Rope Caster on the big gigantic machines was huge when you had a bunch of smaller ones around to fend off.

The slings were good to sometimes scare off herds of ram's and other grazer type of machines to clear some space without having to stealth and override. 

Just some variety and different strategies to traversing the map.

I started mixing it up to keep it fun for me personally. My Bows were used most of the time with time slow down of course. But using that Rope Caster on the big gigantic machines was huge when you had a bunch of smaller ones around to fend off.

The slings were good to sometimes scare off herds of ram's and other grazer type of machines to clear some space without having to stealth and override. 

For big machines I would use the ropecaster to tie them down and then the sling to shoot explosive bombs at the weak spots until they broke free. Repeat until dead. The bombs would also effectively blow off armor plating to expose said weak spots. Thunderjaws were an exception - blast off the disc throwers before it knows you're there, then use those on it, targeting the guns on the head first. Once the discs were gone, go to ropecaster and sling.

so when you use the rope....do you need to run around the beast in circles to tie up his legs?  yeah, i know, stupid question.......

The bombs would also effectively blow off armor plating to expose said weak spots.
It's been awhile l since I played so I forget names. But I would use those explosive arrows that were made to knock off parts. They were pretty deadly against just about any creature.

I learned the value of those in the quarry or whatever when you first encounter those beasts.

Anyone playing the Morrowind MMORPG game? I remember trying it for 5 minutes and hating it when it first came out years ago. Is it worth giving another shot?
I'm actually playing this currently. It's a much better game than when it first came out, but it's still much closer to something like World of Warcraft than to Skyrim.  Depends what your expectations are.

Users who are viewing this thread