What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (13 Viewers)

My Xbox X wasn't supposed to be here till mid October but showed up yesterday. Perfect timing, as the FIFA 22 download drops today. Setting it up now.

My Xbox X wasn't supposed to be here till mid October but showed up yesterday. Perfect timing, as the FIFA 22 download drops today. Setting it up now.
Guess you can't play it yet unless you buy and EA Play pass or bought the ultimate edition.

It allowed me to "pre-download" it, but I'm not sure what purpose that serves???

What size did you go with?  heatsink?  I need details.  Told my wife that's my Xmas present.
I got 1tb...  WD_BLACK 500GB SN850 NVMe Internal Gaming SSD Solid State Drive with Heatsink - Works with Playstation 5, Gen4 PCIe, M.2 2280, Up to 7,000 MB/s - WDS500G1XHE https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08SWFTP9N/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_W2CQ9TB80E0N27MS9BCX?psc=1

I will say the prices have skyrocketed... I seriously considered just reselling it when I saw how much prices went up 

The 500gb was $147 barely a week ago

Last edited by a moderator:
I got 1tb...  WD_BLACK 500GB SN850 NVMe Internal Gaming SSD Solid State Drive with Heatsink - Works with Playstation 5, Gen4 PCIe, M.2 2280, Up to 7,000 MB/s - WDS500G1XHE https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08SWFTP9N/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_W2CQ9TB80E0N27MS9BCX?psc=1

I will say the prices have skyrocketed... I seriously considered just reselling it when I saw how much prices went up 

The 500gb was $147 barely a week ago
Yeah, the price spike is why I'm going to wait a bit.  I'm also somehow not out of space yet, in fact I could probably delete a game or two now if needed.  

Yeah, the price spike is why I'm going to wait a bit.  I'm also somehow not out of space yet, in fact I could probably delete a game or two now if needed.  
I don't need the space either, and my mistake. I did only get the 500.  It was 147... But it literally took 5 minutes to install.

I also have an external hooked up, I probably won't need anymore

ShamrockPride said:
Are they pretty much just running the DII remaster off the DIII engine? If so I'll get it. Never played a Diablo before III, and I absolutely loved it.

Yes, pretty much.  Will caution thought that it still has old school controls and some interface stuff, so definitely not as smooth as DIII.    

I'm not backlogged though. I beat Vahalla already, still on Watch Dogs to an extent and really don't have anything saved I need to play. 

Yeah the money is a bit much plus she only wants cash so thats a bit tough. Might see if I can justify a Venmo transaction with her. If I can do that I can pick it up tomorrow or Monday. However I am making some good money at work with holiday and time and a half and OT right now. 
If you still haven't snagged a PS5 and are ok with bundles  Gamestop is where it's at. Sub to their Pro thing for 15 bucks and then you'll get an email the next time they are releasing and people with Pro get first crack. I was able to get one the first time they released after I signed up. I know a ton of other folks who have been able to get one that way as well.

If you still haven't snagged a PS5 and are ok with bundles  Gamestop is where it's at. Sub to their Pro thing for 15 bucks and then you'll get an email the next time they are releasing and people with Pro get first crack. I was able to get one the first time they released after I signed up. I know a ton of other folks who have been able to get one that way as well.

Yeah don't do Walmart there's still people who got them the last drop but they haven't physically shipped, delayed them or Walmart canceled orders. Reports of a few people getting them weeks after ordering it or having it canceled. Customer Service isn't great either. I might just go this Gamstop route if I can. I'll be on Vacation in mid October (Hopefully they are still doing this) so I'll try my best to get one then. A little hard when you work and they do these things and can only use a cellphone and have to try and sneak away for a few minutes

ShamrockPride said:
Are they pretty much just running the DII remaster off the DIII engine? If so I'll get it. Never played a Diablo before III, and I absolutely loved it.
I finally installed DIII a couple of weeks ago and while it looks great, I've found it disappointingly boring. 

Just installed The Lost Judgement. It's a etective game from Sega but has a lot of similar gameplay as the Yakuza series. Came out today and I saw the title last night just browsing stuff to kill time before FIFA comes out. Can't play Madden Franchise as they are doing the big scouting draft update not coming out till November (Kind of wish I had waited to buy Madden despite it being better this year for that simple reason) and saw this Last Judgement is a Japanese Game and watched the story Trailer and it looked amazing. Backstory is a case about a guy in Dec 2021 accused of groping a Female on a train but at court admits to possible murdering someone who killed his daughter 2 yrs earlier but was never charged with a crime do to the broken justice system. Basically the murder happened around the same time as the accused assault.  You play as a Private I who was former Yakuza and have to determine by evidence you get from both crimes to charge this guy and withhold the system or go on a moral campaign of proving why the justice system is so broken and that this guy may or may not have committed the murder himself. 

Wish I had a PS5 already because it looks fantastic on there. 

2/3 of the way through Mass Effect Legendary. Finished ME 1 & 2, and just started 3. They really need to make a TV show out of this. Story, characters, and setting are all fleshed out and top notch.

it should be with a female Shepard though. FemShep is a baller. 

Since getting the PS5 I have finished both Spider-man and Miles Morales. Just finished up God of War. Just 3 incredible games, sucks they are exclusive since they are just so awesome. Next up is Uncharted and then I think Horizon Zero Down. Anything else from the PS4 era that are must play exclusives? I am really just a fan of single player RPG, action or otherwise. Not a fan online / multiplayer.

Since getting the PS5 I have finished both Spider-man and Miles Morales. Just finished up God of War. Just 3 incredible games, sucks they are exclusive since they are just so awesome. Next up is Uncharted and then I think Horizon Zero Down. Anything else from the PS4 era that are must play exclusives? I am really just a fan of single player RPG, action or otherwise. Not a fan online / multiplayer.
Ghost of Tsushima

Yeah Im a fan of those style games as well. Days Gone is another good one but probably a step below the ones you mentioned. The Last of Us 1 & 2 are also both masterpieces. And Ghost of Tsushima is the most gorgeous game I ever played but IMO got a bit monotonous.

Definitely Ghosts of Tsushima.

Lord of the RIngs Shadows of Mordor

Assassin's Creed Origins and Odyssey are both fantastic

If you haven't already played the Witcher- that would be at the top of the list.

After seeing jobarules post: Last of Us is amazing, must-play, too.

Yeah Im a fan of those style games as well. Days Gone is another good one but probably a step below the ones you mentioned. The Last of Us 1 & 2 are also both masterpieces. And Ghost of Tsushima is the most gorgeous game I ever played but IMO got a bit monotonous.
Agree with this, but I thought Days Gone was fantastic.  An easy platinum as well, if that matters to you.  

Definitely Ghosts of Tsushima.

Lord of the RIngs Shadows of Mordor

Assassin's Creed Origins and Odyssey are both fantastic

If you haven't already played the Witcher- that would be at the top of the list.

After seeing jobarules post: Last of Us is amazing, must-play, too.
Just looking for Sony exclusives, have played all the the ACs, Witchers, ES, FO, types.

Just looking for Sony exclusives, have played all the the ACs, Witchers, ES, FO, types.
Not sure if it's a Sony exclusive but I really enjoyed the Mass Effect Leagonary Edition. Very seamless in transporting your character through 3 games. Liked how the decisions in the first two games came into play in the final game.

Not sure if it's a Sony exclusive but I really enjoyed the Mass Effect Leagonary Edition. Very seamless in transporting your character through 3 games. Liked how the decisions in the first two games came into play in the final game.
It’s not, but Sony somehow landed the KOTOR remake as a timed exclusive. That may be what gets me to buy a PS5 at some point a couple of years down the road. 

I want to play TLOU but my only option is streaming it to my PC through PSN.  Tried that a little for Bloodborne and it sucked enough to quit after an hour or two.  Try again?  

It's a remaster from PS2, so you may have played it, but I'd highly recommend Shadow of the Colossus. Not a long game either, but a magnificent minimalist story, and tons of fun action. The game is literally 16 boss fights and that's it. And it plays incredibly smooth now on PS4.

Can anyone speak of Lost Judgement...

I've never played their games but this one intrigues me

Similar to the Yakuza games but this time you play as "the good guy" or so one might think of at the start. You are a PI and the story leads off with a small case to get you familiar with gameplay. Then an old friend calls you about a case on Bullying you need to investigate at a private well known school that was in the news a few yrs prior. After solving that case the story gets really interesting and involves the current case you just helped with. 

I like it so far but do to work and now vacation this weekend into next Saturday I haven't had much time to really play. If you played the Yakuza series and liked it you will this game too. Make sure you play with the Japanese dialogue on with English Subs as it makes it even better 

Got lucky and landed a PS5 during Target's re-stock yesterday.  Now it's like I've suddenly got this backlog of console games that I've been putting off -- Deathloop, Hitman, Resident Evil, and Demon's Souls are all on my must-play list in some order or another.

Got lucky and landed a PS5 during Target's re-stock yesterday.  Now it's like I've suddenly got this backlog of console games that I've been putting off -- Deathloop, Hitman, Resident Evil, and Demon's Souls are all on my must-play list in some order or another.
If you have disc version, willing to sell demon souls for cheap

DallasDMac said:
Thoughts? I have heard it has been underwhelming, but that's just word of mouth.
I've been pleased with it.  The story is intriguing and you jump straight into the action.  It feels very similar to FarCry 5 in terms of gameplay.  I'm only a few hours in, been finishing up Jedi Fallen Order, which I just beat this morning.  Hoping to put some miles on Far Cry the next few days.

Where we at with Back 4 blood?

I couldn't find the L4D thread
It's good. Unfortunately I never got to play L4D so I have no frame of reference with that. Am yet to play the hoard mode, but played the first 6 or 7 story missions with some friends. Lot of fun. Definitely gets chaotic and can also be a good challenge. The card game/power up mechanic keeps things interesting and dynamic.

If you enjoyed L4D, I'd imagine you'll like this a whole bunch. Most of the friends I game with met years ago over L4D, shortly before I came along and we've stuck together since. I know they're all loving it.

DallasDMac said:
Thoughts? I have heard it has been underwhelming, but that's just word of mouth.

Also I saw a review by someone one Vice who clearly has never played these types of games even complaining about the large map. Like Dude I'd hate to see you play AC Vahalla then. 

One of the things I see players complain about is the new weapon mechanics of crafting them and such. I haven't gotten real big in detail on any of the game as I'm waiting for that first big update and check review after while I finish other stuff 

DJackson10 said:
Also I saw a review by someone one Vice who clearly has never played these types of games even complaining about the large map. Like Dude I'd hate to see you play AC Vahalla then. 

One of the things I see players complain about is the new weapon mechanics of crafting them and such. I haven't gotten real big in detail on any of the game as I'm waiting for that first big update and check review after while I finish other stuff 

I'm right with you on that update but I'm also waiting on the first big sale. Hopefully around thanksgiving they'll have it for something like half off.

Huh, so saw a trailer for a new Resident Evil movie. Apparently they are rebooting the movie franchise with something much closer to the original games, or at least the GameCube remake of RE-1 combined with RE-2. Claire and Chris Redfield are in it, looks like characters for Leon and Jill Valentine, and definitely William Birkin and Chief Irons.

And I mean shot for shot remakes of famous scenes from the games so it looks like a complete mash-up of the stories from the first 2 games vs the loosely based on original Milla Jovovich movies. In the trailer I saw the 18 wheeler that picks up Claire at the beginning of RE-2, the RPD police station multiple times including the scene where Chris happens upon the cop that is alive earlier but then reanimates when you visit the same room again, the Licker, the Spencer Mansion, Brad Vickers the doomed STARS helicopter pilot, the always present dobermans, the famous first zombie shot from RE-1 in the first room of the mansion where the zombie looks over it’s shoulder at the camera, and a ton more. Even Lisa Trevor from the GameCube remake made a quick appearance.

If you are a fan of the games give the trailer a look and it’s amazing how close they stayed to iconic scenes. Unfortunately the movie looks low-budget as heck and some real low level actors for the cast. The zombies look was bad too IMO, seemed like a lot of actors in rubber masks with bad contacts.

Edit: The better trailer here https://youtu.be/VjtZ02DZL_k

Apparently the US trailer is crap

I enjoyed Hades from the get-go, but figured this would be something I spent 7-8 hours with. I ended up doing 60+ runs to finish the story plus the epilogue. I thought it was a strangely fascinating and fun game. 

I enjoyed Hades from the get-go, but figured this would be something I spent 7-8 hours with. I ended up doing 60+ runs to finish the story plus the epilogue. I thought it was a strangely fascinating and fun game. 
Tremendous game.  Played it to death on my laptop and then bought it again on playstation.   I hope they come up with a sequel or similar game soon

GameStop will possible have 2 restocks this week on PS5s. One possible restock online tomorrow. Friday is the in store possible. If it's Friday I work at 2 so I might try to get in line for that. Last GS INstore in my area I went to work around 8 and there was literally 2 people in line. So I think if I can get there early I got a chance. It's bundles only which sucks and I rather then a Digital instead of a disc but disc I can make some money back selling whatever games I get physically in the bundle. 

Loving NHL 22. The goal horn through the controller is 💰 the best small improvement is passes are no longer sucked onto the stick no matter what

Users who are viewing this thread