What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (3 Viewers)

belljr said:
Loving NHL 22. The goal horn through the controller is 💰 the best small improvement is passes are no longer sucked onto the stick no matter what
That sounds so simple yet so cool. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I am interested in far cry 6 because of Gus Fring. Went to buy it and see the option to buy bonuses and credits etc - I am not interested in any of that crap. Is the game playable without it?

I enjoyed Hades from the get-go, but figured this would be something I spent 7-8 hours with. I ended up doing 60+ runs to finish the story plus the epilogue. I thought it was a strangely fascinating and fun game. 
The feeling when you beat the final boss the first time is comparable to that rush from beating a hard Dark Souls-type boss.  And really all you've done is scratched the surface of the game.  It really doesn't open up completely for quite a while, as you've seen.

The replay value of this game is just tremendous.  The enemies in Elysium are a little spongy for my tastes, and the satyrs in the next area really get on my nerves bad.  When I start getting tired of the game, it's always because of those areas and enemies.  But this is definitely a game that I feel totally comfortable recommending to anyone who likes video games.

The feeling when you beat the final boss the first time is comparable to that rush from beating a hard Dark Souls-type boss.  And really all you've done is scratched the surface of the game.  It really doesn't open up completely for quite a while, as you've seen.

The replay value of this game is just tremendous.  The enemies in Elysium are a little spongy for my tastes, and the satyrs in the next area really get on my nerves bad.  When I start getting tired of the game, it's always because of those areas and enemies.  But this is definitely a game that I feel totally comfortable recommending to anyone who likes video games.
It's also just a good game for grownups without a lot of time.  You can turn it on at the end of the day and play a nice contained run in about 30 minutes.  It has a good vibe, and you can listen to some podcasts or something while playing.

My Local Gamestop is having a Physical PS5 drop tomorrow morning. Last time they had one only 3-4 people were in line. Since I have work tomorrow afternoon gonna try and run over there and see if I can scoop one up 

Anybody have the oculus rift? Worth buying or wait for the next one? 

I would need a fairly good PC, right?

I don't want to play parlor games, I want the immersion. 

I want to play Co-op RPGs. 

ETA - I watched a super cringy add with some asian lady and the facebook dude that looks like DATA from Star trek and that didnt make me feel good about the future of this technology. 

I'll somewhat disagree. Far Cry Primal was a fairly significant departure - at least in some respects.

That is true but Im not crapping all over the game. I think they are fun. I played almost all of them. It's just after I get over the amazing graphics I get bored because Ive done all that stuff before. 

That is true but Im not crapping all over the game. I think they are fun. I played almost all of them. It's just after I get over the amazing graphics I get bored because Ive done all that stuff before. 
They do come up with new entertaining ways to overtake the camps.

It's fun to hide in the bushes and listen to the guards talk.

To this day, I still use this schtick in real life from one of the earlier games:

"I'm getting bored now!"

Huh, so saw a trailer for a new Resident Evil movie. Apparently they are rebooting the movie franchise with something much closer to the original games, or at least the GameCube remake of RE-1 combined with RE-2. Claire and Chris Redfield are in it, looks like characters for Leon and Jill Valentine, and definitely William Birkin and Chief Irons.

And I mean shot for shot remakes of famous scenes from the games so it looks like a complete mash-up of the stories from the first 2 games vs the loosely based on original Milla Jovovich movies. In the trailer I saw the 18 wheeler that picks up Claire at the beginning of RE-2, the RPD police station multiple times including the scene where Chris happens upon the cop that is alive earlier but then reanimates when you visit the same room again, the Licker, the Spencer Mansion, Brad Vickers the doomed STARS helicopter pilot, the always present dobermans, the famous first zombie shot from RE-1 in the first room of the mansion where the zombie looks over it’s shoulder at the camera, and a ton more. Even Lisa Trevor from the GameCube remake made a quick appearance.

If you are a fan of the games give the trailer a look and it’s amazing how close they stayed to iconic scenes. Unfortunately the movie looks low-budget as heck and some real low level actors for the cast. The zombies look was bad too IMO, seemed like a lot of actors in rubber masks with bad contacts.

Edit: The better trailer here https://youtu.be/VjtZ02DZL_k

Apparently the US trailer is crap

I :wub:  Milla  

My Local Gamestop is having a Physical PS5 drop tomorrow morning. Last time they had one only 3-4 people were in line. Since I have work tomorrow afternoon gonna try and run over there and see if I can scoop one up 

Package secured!!!!!!!!!!! Got up to my local Gamestop line already. ended up being #25. They bundled it with Ghost of Tsunami and NBA2k. I want to play GT put realized I didn't make the right digital purchase on my Madden or FIFA. GameStop was letting up trade the bundle games in right away and pick 2 we wanted so I replaced both with Madden and Fifa. Super excited right now. Spent a lot of hours at work for this. Only sucks because I just got home and work at 2-8 and then work at 8AM tomorrow. Either way super excited right now  :towelwave: :headbang: :pickle: :wub:

Looking forward to Forza Horizon 5 for PC.  Years ago my son said "Dad, you bought an XYZ copy of FH4 for XBox.  I read this article that said you can also run a copy (w/out buying another copy) on your PC, can you please do that so I can show you how cool this game is and we can play together?"  And I did that, of course we never play together at the same time (different schedules) but I fell in love with FH4, neither of us game that much but we both play Forza from time to time and we're both looking forward to FH5.  In fact, I need to d/l it this weekend, apparently he told me we can d/l it ahead of time.  I should say, he plays with his school buddies and I don't want to be creepy/overbearing/helicopter or trying to be hip Dad, so I just generally game by myself.

Looking forward to Forza Horizon 5 for PC.  Years ago my son said "Dad, you bought an XYZ copy of FH4 for XBox.  I read this article that said you can also run a copy (w/out buying another copy) on your PC, can you please do that so I can show you how cool this game is and we can play together?"  And I did that, of course we never play together at the same time (different schedules) but I fell in love with FH4, neither of us game that much but we both play Forza from time to time and we're both looking forward to FH5.  In fact, I need to d/l it this weekend, apparently he told me we can d/l it ahead of time.  I should say, he plays with his school buddies and I don't want to be creepy/overbearing/helicopter or trying to be hip Dad, so I just generally game by myself.

Never hurts to game with the kids once in awhile. Had an old ASD in his late 30s who gamed and we played with him and against him online. The last Cod ModerWarfare we all did together. It was kind of cool playing against the younger guys though. 

Forza is the only reason Id consider getting an Xbox, but I think my years of dual systems is at an end

Forza is the only reason Id consider getting an Xbox, but I think my years of dual systems is at an end
I'd love to say the same, but there's no way I can miss out on Elder Scrolls 6. Not that that's coming out anytime soon. Will probably be in the last year or two of this console generation  :lmao:

####### joke  :mellow:

It's also just a good game for grownups without a lot of time.  You can turn it on at the end of the day and play a nice contained run in about 30 minutes.  It has a good vibe, and you can listen to some podcasts or something while playing.
Great point. This is where the Switch really shines in general for me. Takes about a minute to get into the actual game from the time that I pick it up. 

FYI, Deathloop for PS5 is only $40 on Amazon. (I just bought it a few days ago from Amazon for $60. Amazon doesn't do price adjustments anymore, so I bought the $40 version and set up a return for the $60 one.)

Played some Fifa 22 on the PS5 last night and I absolutely love all the new features for next gen. It really adds to realism. Also the gameplay they made it a bit slower to make it less arcade more realistic and I loved it and it makes it tougher. Only thing that sucks is my roster I created doesn't carry over from last gen so I might be spending the next week creating guys.

FIFA really would be better if they had the community Creations EFootball has which btw PES absolutely is getting destroyed on this year. The game is apparently terrible, bugs every where in the game and it just seems like a copy and paste from last year. 

Booted up Metro Exodus yesterday. Not a reader of the books, but the games have all been great. I played through the first 2 PS4 remasters in short succession 3 years ago, so figured it was time to catch myself up.

I enjoyed Hades from the get-go, but figured this would be something I spent 7-8 hours with. I ended up doing 60+ runs to finish the story plus the epilogue. I thought it was a strangely fascinating and fun game. 

Wait, how many times did it take you to reach the surface for the first time?   

Man, I may need to try Hades, my gaming time has been shot since having the baby, need to look at something i can actually accomplish something in with an hour or so.  I started up Greedfall a couple weeks back, and while I'm enjoying it, 2 weeks in i've played like 6 hours, going to take forever to finish at that rate.

Man, I may need to try Hades, my gaming time has been shot since having the baby, need to look at something i can actually accomplish something in with an hour or so.  I started up Greedfall a couple weeks back, and while I'm enjoying it, 2 weeks in i've played like 6 hours, going to take forever to finish at that rate.
I was about to fire up Greedfall the other night, but it seemed like too much of a commitment so I downloaded Full Throttle instead. I haven’t played it since it came out in the mid 90s and I’m enjoying it so far. 

I didn't realize how not good I am.   I wonder if only playing handheld on Switch is a handicap.   I had several close calls but it took me a little over 100 (!) to finally beat Hades.   I can't imagine doing it with that much efficiency going into the game fresh. 

I might do a new save at some point.  

I didn't realize how not good I am.   I wonder if only playing handheld on Switch is a handicap.   I had several close calls but it took me a little over 100 (!) to finally beat Hades.   I can't imagine doing it with that much efficiency going into the game fresh. 

I might do a new save at some point.  

I'm not unusually good at the game by any stretch, I just had God mode on or whatever it's called that increases your damage resistance after you die.  I liked the game but not enough to beat my head against the wall like that.  Once my resistance hit a certain percentage (like ~50%), I had like a 90% clear rate after that.

I'm not unusually good at the game by any stretch, I just had God mode on or whatever it's called that increases your damage resistance after you die.  I liked the game but not enough to beat my head against the wall like that.  Once my resistance hit a certain percentage (like ~50%), I had like a 90% clear rate after that.

Ah, that explains it.    I got it just before a long flight and probably would've finished before my destination on that mode.  I didn't mind the grind.  

One thing about the PS5 I really like is the lack of loading screens.  When I die in a game, it doesn't even give me a chance to take a sip of my drink -- I'm right back in the game nearly instantly.  This even applies at start-up.  Literally from the time I turn on the system to the time I'm controlling my character in-game is under 20 seconds.  It's unreal.

One thing about the PS5 I really like is the lack of loading screens.  When I die in a game, it doesn't even give me a chance to take a sip of my drink -- I'm right back in the game nearly instantly.  This even applies at start-up.  Literally from the time I turn on the system to the time I'm controlling my character in-game is under 20 seconds.  It's unreal.
On some games you're lucky if you can even finish reading a loading screen tip!

thecatch said:
Dude I should have done this. I'll probably load up again soon and try it. I was playing the normal way and was well over 100 tries without even getting close to the final level.

Dude I should have done this. I'll probably load up again soon and try it. I was playing the normal way and was well over 100 tries without even getting close to the final level.

If you still haven't reached the surface on your original start, don't give up, you're probably close. 

Yep I noticed in Madden this year having played both Versions in PS5 you don't have the load wait screen before games comparing position player individual stats. Right in the game within 10 seconds. 

I also like with madden next gen stats and when the game starts Gaudin has some decent history if its a rival game like 7 of the past 8 X team has won. Seems to be a bit different commentary involved at times. 

I've yet to play AC Vahalla on it though. 

Are you maxing out the stuff in the mirror of night? 

The first time I picked up Hades was on PC.  It took me about 25 tries to reach the surface the first time.  It wasn't long before any "zero heat" run was pretty much 90% likely to result in a successful clear.  

I double-dipped on PS5 and managed to reach the surface on run #8.  A bunch of things helped:

• First, I'm just better at the game.  I know the enemies, what they do, what boons are good, what boons go well together or pair well with certain weapons, decent strats, etc.
  • Second, my first handful of runs went much deeper than the first time around.  That means more darkness, which means faster mirror upgrades.  I also knew what mirror upgrades to prioritize although honestly those are pretty darn obvious from the get-go.  (Gee, I wonder if more HP would be helpful?)
  • Finally, I got lucky rolls on my first several boons.  But that goes back to the first point of knowing what boons to be on the lookout for.  

Users who are viewing this thread