What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Waiver Wire & FAAB Discussion prior to the Week 6 games (1 Viewer)

Picked up Claypool for 29%.  

CROWDSOURCING:

Who do we like better (this week only):

C Kirk (@Dal)   
K Cole (DET)   
Unicorn (NYJ)

leaning Kirk then Preston

Wide Receiver Three & the melancholy of infinite sadness

A guy I've seen cut in a few leagues who feels like a worthwhile pickup to me is Jarvis Landry. He came into the year with a hip injury, and they seemed to pass a bit more without Chubb. 

Landry feels like a sneaky start this week too, in a game where the Browns won't likely be able to just assert their will in the running game.

Just missed on Claypool; $200 FAAB budget, winning bid was $58... I bid $56 

:wall:

my consolation prize was nabbing FitzMagic to play this week over Matt Ryan (who i'm tempted to drop outright)

Ryan really needs a healthy Jones back.   Amazed at how much he struggles with out the elite WR.   
I thought he'd be slightly less effective since Ridley is still there and is arguable a better WR at the present than Julio... but holy hell has Ryan been down right pathetic. 

He's single-handedly lost me the past 2 weeks (lost by 4pts last week and 2.5 the previous week with Ryan scoring 7 & 12pts respectively. 

Since this is a WW/ FAAB thread, I'll put it in terms of this: he's a hold for me until I can see how he looks with Julio back unless I NEED the roster spot. then he's gone and I'm rolling with Fitz. 

I thought he'd be slightly less effective since Ridley is still there and is arguable a better WR at the present than Julio... but holy hell has Ryan been down right pathetic. 

He's single-handedly lost me the past 2 weeks (lost by 4pts last week and 2.5 the previous week with Ryan scoring 7 & 12pts respectively. 

Since this is a WW/ FAAB thread, I'll put it in terms of this: he's a hold for me until I can see how he looks with Julio back unless I NEED the roster spot. then he's gone and I'm rolling with Fitz. 
Sound logic.  

With Bell in transition phase and Alvin & Murray on bye it's tough to find a one week fill in at rb.  Any suggestions outside the top 35?

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/rankings/rb.php
If it's PPR I like McKissic. 4th in RB targets, 16 catches the last 3 weeks.

Jaamal Williams if he isn't already rostered.

Standard/non-PPR, take a stab at L Perrine. Or hope Gus Edwards or Wilkins or Gallman accidentally falls into the end zone.

How desperate are you?

I really like Preston Williams and Christian Kirk as what the heck Flex plays this week. Trending in the right direction and good matchups, still widely available.

If it's PPR I like McKissic. 4th in RB targets, 16 catches the last 3 weeks.

Jaamal Williams if he isn't already rostered.

Standard/non-PPR, take a stab at L Perrine. Or hope Gus Edwards or Wilkins or Gallman accidentally falls into the end zone.

How desperate are you?
Non ppr, just looking for a warm body on the floor. Maybe the rookie taking Bells spot?

Last edited by a moderator:
Non ppr, just looking for a warm body on the floor. 
D'Ernest qualifies as a mouth breather, many dropped him this week even though he ran good last week.

Cam Akers coming off 9-61(long run) and since he has a tough matchup, would be an especially meta pick nobody saw coming. Your leaguemates will be astonished! "I just had a feeling."

this week I love Fitzmagic

ros:

• Herbert
  • Nope
Carr is Carr, he's going to have some good weeks but hard to trust. We haven't forgotten who Any Dalton is, yes tons of weapons but IMO they'll rely heavily on Zeke as much as they can. Intriguing possibilities because of their defense. Cousins I would rank last, they just don't have enough playmakers ATM. Mayfield gets bagged on a lot but he's going to be a decent FF QB (not great) so who cares.

Herbert is going to have some rough weeks where he turns the ball over but I love his mentality right now. They're 1-4, Lynn is a dead man walking, don't see him backing down ever. They're gonna take shots and play with some abandon, see what they've got in him. 
shouldn't cousins be near the top this week against a putrid ATL pass D though?  They are the worst by a mile.

shouldn't cousins be near the top this week against a putrid ATL pass D though?  They are the worst by a mile.
maybe. he has played much better at home this year.

last weekend he had a plus plus matchup against a Seahawks D that has allowed more completions and passing yards than anyone. meh. now he's missing the team's best weapon.

In a big conundrum and would value the Pool's advice.

Which of the following, if you saw on the wire, would you snap up if you saw:

1. Brandin Cooks -- silent all year except for this past game. Sign of things to come? Or is Fuller really still the guy and this past week was an outlier?
  2. Joshua Kelley -- Justin Jackson looked to take the helm, and Kelley looked worse than he did earlier in the season. But Ekeler is still out for a few weeks, and Kelly may still have volume, and backs are in shorter supply. But he's on a bye.
I need to pick up a bye week TE, and I'll need to shed one of these guys to cover. I'm relatively thin at RB, but not sure Kelley is going to pan out. Also don't know if Cooks is going to rate higher than my existing WRs (Julio, Moore, Jefferson, Jeudy). Guess I could also drop my backup QB Tannehill, but with Brady as my other QB, seems like it pays to have both just in case.

Trying to establish a regret minimization framework for who I have to shed. 

Which of the two guys do you think is a safer drop?

1. Brandin Cooks -- silent all year except for this past game. Sign of things to come? Or is Fuller really still the guy and this past week was an outlier?
  2. Joshua Kelley -- Justin Jackson looked to take the helm, and Kelley looked worse than he did earlier in the season. But Ekeler is still out for a few weeks, and Kelly may still have volume, and backs are in shorter supply. But he's on a bye.
I need to pick up a bye week TE, and I'll need to shed one of these guys to cover. I'm relatively thin at RB, but not sure Kelley is going to pan out. Also don't know if Cooks is going to rate higher than my existing WRs (Julio, Moore, Jefferson, Jeudy). Guess I could also drop my backup QB Tannehill, but with Brady as my other QB, seems like it pays to have both just in case.

Given your stable of WRs I think it's probably Cooks. I just picked him up but different league, different situation.

Also, Regret Minimization Framework had a couple of great albums in the early 80's. ;)

Without knowing how bad your RB group is, I'd say I value Cooks quite a bit higher than Kelley. I'm a pretty big Cooks believer though. I think he's actually a better bet at WR than Jeudy and maybe Jefferson going forward. Better QB/offense, more proven, and a great upcoming schedule. 

Without knowing how bad your RB group is, I'd say I value Cooks quite a bit higher than Kelley. I'm a pretty big Cooks believer though. I think he's actually a better bet at WR than Jeudy and maybe Jefferson going forward. Better QB/offense, more proven, and a great upcoming schedule. 
Jacobs, RoJo, Chase Edmonds (injuries galore). Would you drop Jeudy if you had him? Guy gets targets and while Tim Patrick and Fant draw them away, Jeudy (aside early week drops) seems to have a solid (if unspectatuclar) floor. 

Last edited by a moderator:
RE: Kelley, it's hard to quit on an RB in redraft and the landscape can shift quickly and significantly under your feet. That tends to be less the case with WRs. That said I'm just waiting for Fuller to get his annual injury, at which point Cook is more or less it there. Tough call.
I know -- I really try hard to not bug people about my team, but this is a tough one.

Will Kelley last through the weekend because he's on a bye?

Will Cooks look attractive because of his blow-up game?

Tempted to drop Cooks because of my stabel of WRs, but I have a bad feeling that Kelley just took a permanent backseat to Jackson, even when Ekeler returns.

RE: Kelley, it's hard to quit on an RB in redraft and the landscape can shift quickly and significantly under your feet. That tends to be less the case with WRs. That said I'm just waiting for Fuller to get his annual injury, at which point Cook is more or less it there. Tough call.
I think Cooks is being underrated. The goose egg in the Minnesota game looms, but I think it was an aberration. He started the year hurt, but is hitting his stride. I expect solid WR 2 numbers from him the rest of the way.

Non ppr, just looking for a warm body on the floor. Maybe the rookie taking Bells spot?
Lamical Perine. I haven't even watched this guy I am so disappointed with his cousin but who knows maybe hes great. I would trust Frank Gore a lot more if I had to use a piece of that teams dumpster fire.

Miami supposedly a good match up. I am not seeing anyone I would prefer to Gore for this week.

Kelly is the safer drop. I think Jackson looked better than him in most recent game anyways.

I have kelly and jackson and dropping kelly for the aforementioned Johnson or Higgins. Kelly just has looked off the past couple weeks and jackson seems to have the trust of the coaches.

Jacobs, RoJo, Chase Edmonds (injuries galore). Would you drop Jeudy if you had him? Guy gets targets and while Tim Patrick and Fant draw them away, Jeudy (aside early week drops) seems to have a solid (if unspectatuclar) floor. 
I think Kelley is droppable. I trust Jones and Edmonds enough. 

I'd prefer to keep Jeudy, as we really haven't seen him as the #1 with Lock, other than week 1.

I think Kelley is droppable. I trust Jones and Edmonds enough. 

I'd prefer to keep Jeudy, as we really haven't seen him as the #1 with Lock, other than week 1.
I don't know what to think about Jeudy. Guy looked a little shaky in his first two games dropping balls he shouldn't have, but had a few crisp routes he simply blew by guys.

He's getting targets, but Fant has the most and seems like a first look in this offense, and Tim Patrick has been surprising in terms of drawing targets and production.

Jeudy seems capable of being a solid WR2 but he's a bit of a TD dependent flex -- steady but unspectacular floor and very little ceiling.

Anyone have any super deep RB sleepers for the week. I have Carson and Jacobs on byes. I had planned for Ekler and Bell to start this week. I picked up Jackson to sub in. Then the NFL moved the Chargers bye week and Bell gets cut. I am looking at a goose egg. Deep league, so very little left.

Anyone have any super deep RB sleepers for the week. I have Carson and Jacobs on byes. I had planned for Ekler and Bell to start this week. I picked up Jackson to sub in. Then the NFL moved the Chargers bye week and Bell gets cut. I am looking at a goose egg. Deep league, so very little left.
Possibly McKissic or Patterson 

Another player I thought of if he’s available in your league is Jamaal Williams and he’s actually the one I would choose if he’s available

Drunken Cowboy said:
McKissic and Perine are good, Royce Freeman another, but imagine in a deep league radars are up on these guys already.

Wonder if Jamaal Williams may be a good play. Jones is the man but Williams has a role, and this game projected to ber a bit of an "open all pages on the playbook" type of game.

Gus Edwards and Mike Boone (and to a lesser extent D'Ernest Johnson, and Gio Bernard) are clearly passengers to the RB1, but might continue to see snaps they can turn into production in relief.

McKissic and Perine are good, Royce Freeman another, but imagine in a deep league radars are up on these guys already.

Wonder if Jamaal Williams may be a good play. Jones is the man but Williams has a role, and this game projected to ber a bit of an "open all pages on the playbook" type of game.

Gus Edwards and Mike Boone (and to a lesser extent D'Ernest Johnson, and Gio Bernard) are clearly passengers to the RB1, but might continue to see snaps they can turn into production in relief.
Freeman and Boone are on my list.

Drunken Cowboy said:
Ito Smith 

Users who are viewing this thread