What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Waiver Wire Gems - Week 6 (1 Viewer)

elijah mcguire

150 total yards sunday.
:confused:

I am holding McGuire in a couple dynasty leagues, but he managed a paltry 20 yards rushing on 11 carries and 2 receptions for 10 yards this weekend vs. the Browns in extended duty with Powell and Forte injured.  

I don't see AP as anywhere near his former self, but to think he can't outperform a washed up Chris Johnson is just putting blinders on. With all the injuries & now bye weeks, you'd be foolish to not at least entertain that he could be a rosterable flex RB with low RB2 upside. 
I entertained that idea, but decided he probably isn't.

Bojang0301 said:
Outside of Marlon Mack, Ricardo Louis has seen 17 targets the past two weeks. Jarvis Landry sees those types of targets consistently and he’s a really bad athlete but we all know the value he carries in PPR. Louis is a must add if that’s the kind of league you play in. Doubt you’ll even need to spend that much FAAB on him. 
:thumbup:

:confused:

I am holding McGuire in a couple dynasty leagues, but he managed a paltry 20 yards rushing on 11 carries and 2 receptions for 10 yards this weekend vs. the Browns in extended duty with Powell and Forte injured.  
Browns have been good against the run. He is about to play the Patriots who are good against.....nothing. The Jets usually play the Patriots tough and even if it gets out of hand McGuire is a great receiver. He caught 129 passes in college.

I think the real question is with this Peterson news, how does it affect the value of guys like Ingram or Kamara? It could only mean more touches for Kamara I would suspect and could make his value go even higher.

I don't see AP as anywhere near his former self, but to think he can't outperform a washed up Chris Johnson is just putting blinders on. With all the injuries & now bye weeks, you'd be foolish to not at least entertain that he could be a rosterable flex RB with low RB2 upside. 
Why is Chris Johnson washed up at 32 and Peterson not washed up at 32?

Wouldn't it mostly mean more (and better) touches for Ingram?  No more token goal-line carries for AP any more...

Are you suggesting that no waiver wire pick up can be as good as players who are healthy and we're drafted simply because their inaction to draft a player deems them less valuable?

As weeks unfold and players continue to prove their worth it doesn't matter when or if they were drafted.... alls that matter is their production and situation going forward. Watson seems to be proving his worth as each week unfolds.
bill belichick

Nobody is gonna trade you an rb1 for a qb. It simply doesn't happen. Most teams have an established qb1. And the one or two teams who don't would just stream rather than trade a top rb or we.

I have cousins, wentz, and Watson and put all 3 on the block. Still waiting for my first offer. 
Yea I traded Rodgers (have Wentz and Watson) and only got Hyde and Cooks back. Single QB leagues have almost no value for QBs.

I think the real question is with this Peterson news, how does it affect the value of guys like Ingram or Kamara? It could only mean more touches for Kamara I would suspect and could make his value go even higher.
In the Saints most recent game where they had a 35 minute time of possession advantage Peterson played on 8% of the snaps and had 4 opportunities to touch the ball.

So I don't see much of a bump for either of them. The way Sean Payton is there will likely be another RB mixing in before long as well. So there goes the 4 touch bump you shouldn't be counting on.

Thoughts on Burkhead?

He was dropped a couple weeks ago, and with Gilly looking so TD dependent without heavy usage, maybe the Pats decide to mix it up with a more versatile back?

Thoughts on Burkhead?

He was dropped a couple weeks ago, and with Gilly looking so TD dependent without heavy usage, maybe the Pats decide to mix it up with a more versatile back?
I think we saw the extent of Burkhead’s role with all 4 RBs healthy.  Gillislee not attempting 1 yard TDs over the last few weeks shouldnt change his usage. 

It seems like we are underestimating Marlon Mack as a FA pickup, especially in PPR.

The guy is electric, adequate size, gets GL attempts, catches well, backs up a corpse, his coach just said he earned more work and is one yard short of 4 touchdowns on 28 touches.  (3 for sure, one wasn’t challenged)   Looks like the Colts got him involved in week 1, hurt in week 2.   Re-involved in his week 5 return. 

I am a little concerned by his shoulder on the last play of week 5 though  

Week 1

Week 5

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems like we are underestimating Marlon Mack as a FA pickup, especially in PPR.

The guy is electric, adequate size, gets GL attempts, catches well, backs up a corpse, his coach just said he earned more work and is one yard short of 4 touchdowns on 28 touches.  (3 for sure, one wasn’t challenged)

Week 1

Week 5
To have solid value over the season, he needs a fair amount of touches each week.  Gore seems to be in the way for now. 

This year's WW has been crap. I'm gonna waste my #1 on AD. Yeah he's 32 but I didn't like how the Saints were using him. He would get subbed in for 1 play, then the defense would be all over him since it was transparent he was gonna get the ball. That's why his numbers are so bad this year. If he actually gets 15 to 20 carries a game in Zona, he's worth a pick up, imo...

This year's WW has been crap. I'm gonna waste my #1 on AD. Yeah he's 32 but I didn't like how the Saints were using him. He would get subbed in for 1 play, then the defense would be all over him since it was transparent he was gonna get the ball. That's why his numbers are so bad this year. If he actually gets 15 to 20 carries a game in Zona, he's worth a pick up, imo...
Do you think that he is going to get 15 to 20 carries a game?  Is the Oline good enough for an average RB to rack up yards?

What is everyone's thoughts on Evan Engram TE NYG?

I traded gronk for upgrades at WR and RB and still have Ertz and ASJ.  Teying ti decide between Engram and ASJ.

With injury to OBJ and Marshall and Sheperd hobbled, would think Engram would be the logical benefactor.

And that will be different in Arizona how?  Ellington can't run, and Peterson can't catch.

I traded gronk for upgrades at WR and RB and still have Ertz and ASJ.  Teying ti decide between Engram and ASJ.

With injury to OBJ and Marshall and Sheperd hobbled, would think Engram would be the logical benefactor.
I had that decision last week and went with Engram, even though I suspected ASJ had the better Week 5 match-up (though Lord knows, I wasn't expecting Engram to put up a goose egg).

I think they're both solid choices ROS. They're both pretty much their team's best weapons at this point. Neither has much of a track record, neither plays on a good offense, and it wouldn't shock me if either or both of them turned into a pumpkin. My advice is not to overthink it. Just go with your gut and don't second-guess your decision.

One question: If you have Ertz, why do you need to hold on to a second TE? Assuming you can only start one of them, I'd try to trade ASJ (whose current value is higher than Engram's) for upgrades elsewhere. Then just stream during Ertz's bye week.

The guy is electric, adequate size, gets GL attempts, catches well, backs up a corpse, his coach just said he earned more work and is one yard short of 4 touchdowns on 28 touches.  (3 for sure, one wasn’t challenged)   Looks like the Colts got him involved in week 1, hurt in week 2.   Re-involved in his week 5 return. 

I am a little concerned by his shoulder on the last play of week 5 though  

Week 1

Week 5
I like what I see there.  I might pull the trigger on him.  Any word on the shoulder?  It did look like he left with the arm hanging.  

I had that decision last week and went with Engram, even though I suspected ASJ had the better Week 5 match-up (though Lord knows, I wasn't expecting Engram to put up a goose egg).

I think they're both solid choices ROS. They're both pretty much their team's best weapons at this point. Neither has much of a track record, neither plays on a good offense, and it wouldn't shock me if either or both of them turned into a pumpkin. My advice is not to overthink it. Just go with your gut and don't second-guess your decision.

One question: If you have Ertz, why do you need to hold on to a second TE? Assuming you can only start one of them, I'd try to trade ASJ (whose current value is higher than Engram's) for upgrades elsewhere. Then just stream during Ertz's bye week.
After a 4 year hiatus from fantasy football and playing in multiple leagues every year I got back into an 8 team work league where the thought of rosyering ASJ or Engram isnt even thought of as adding value.  I picked ASJ up off waiver before game time to replace gronk and moved Ertz to my flex.  Yes i drafted Ertz and Gronk with intent to ride Gronk first couple weeks and then trade him befire the injuries mount which I did this week.  At this poi t trading ASJ isnt even an option as no one in the league views him as having a value.  Otjer players cant understand why i have pulled a different kicker and team defense ofd waiver wire eacj week based on matchup.

So back to your point I am overthinking in a league i shouldn't.

Engram has to get a bunch of targets each week. 

WW RBs in order for me in PPR:

McKinnon

Aaron Jones

Collins

Mack

Any thoughts on the order?  Maybe Jones goes to first on the list.  Pretty comfortable with the placement of Collins and Mack. 

WW RBs in order for me in PPR:

McKinnon

Aaron Jones

Collins

Mack

Any thoughts on the order?  Maybe Jones goes to first on the list.  Pretty comfortable with the placement of Collins and Mack. 
I did not see any of Collins, but I liked what I saw in Jones and Mack bursting. It's also apparent that McKinnon earned himself some serious playing time. McKinnon perhaps the long term safer pick? 

I've been holding the #1 priority move for a couple weeks.   Mack is the easy choice to use it this week.

I have the same dilemma.

When I get the #1 priority, good luck if you are sitting behind me waiting.

I can and will sit on it until the bitter end if I think its not the right guy.  In one league last year I sat on it from week 2 until the playoffs, and never spent it. I always had depth.

Full disclosure - in  one league, I have the #1 priority, and Mack is available, so is Peterson, and a few other interesting candidates.

I have Martin/Rodgers, Miller/Foreman, Hyde/Breida.  So I am good at RB, at least not desperate.  I really don't think in my situation I will be using priority honestly.

I will likely comb the wire after they process, and see whats left, if I really feel the need to get depth.  Although I think there are a few decent grabs, I just don't think the must have guy is there yet.... at least for ME.

TZM

Mack, Peterson, and Breida all there.   Mack is the easy choice.  Hoping to catch Kearse on the second round as he's there as well.

Sorry man, you are talking to someone who is an ADP fan and drafted him late as a hopeful flier watching nearly ever run with hopes of discovering the fountain of youth behind a better OL than we will have in Arizona. You are kidding yourself. The burst and explosion are gone. Fork & done. Pick him up and burn that WW position. There are 6 backs on my WW I'd rather have.

Mack, Peterson, and Breida all there.   Mack is the easy choice.  Hoping to catch Kearse on the second round as he's there as well.
Mack?  Not so sure about that - when Luck comes back it's all going to be about RB's than can pick up a block.  

No idea if that is him or not

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry man, you are talking to someone who is an ADP fan and drafted him late as a hopeful flier watching nearly ever run with hopes of discovering the fountain of youth behind a better OL than we will have in Arizona. You are kidding yourself. The burst and explosion are gone. Fork & done. Pick him up and burn that WW position. There are 6 backs on my WW I'd rather have.
I'm not sure about that. I've watched his runs as well. Peterson seems to be a rythmn runner. At least we will find out sooner rather than later.

Mack or Peterson - who to take with a priority pick?

Gore still plugging away. Mack showing burst and earning more time. Peterson will get his chance. How he does, who knows?

JJ Nelson

Hear me out, I know people will dismiss this since he was the hot add 3 weeks ago & one of the most dropped players in FF last week, plus it feels like you’ve got 3 ARI of roughly the same value. But look at his last 10:

2/1-42-1 11.2

2/1-8-1 7.8

11/5-38-1 14.8

7/3-132-1 22.2

12/-4-75 11.5

6/5-43-1 15.3

7/5-120-1 23.0 (injuried)

3/0-0-0 0.0

4/3-34-0 6.4

6/4-80-0 12.0

The only two games he wasn’t productive were the two weeks he was limited in practice & his snap counts were down. When he is healthy he produces. Currently WR24 in our format. Going up against a TB team that gives up the most FF points to WR week 6, good bye week filler Baldwin, AJ, or Dez owners.
I enjoyed this, great work BobbyLayne... Nothing gets me goin like target data

I would think it not wise to take a 32 year old RB going to a new team with a bad OLine over a 21 year old RB known for his receiving ability showing the ability to be a flex with limited touches and could be top 10 should he take on a feature back role.

Mack or Peterson - who to take with a priority pick?

Gore still plugging away. Mack showing burst and earning more time. Peterson will get his chance. How he does, who knows?
Peterson is 32.  Bad OL.  Gore is 34 and averaging 3.2 yds a carry.  A changing of the guard is coming.

I would think it not wise to take a 32 year old RB going to a new team with a bad OLine over a 21 year old RB known for his receiving ability showing the ability to be a flex with limited touches and could be top 10 should he take on a feature back role.
Who is the 21 year old?

Peterson is getting a guaranteed starting job.  That is worth 25%.  McKinnon appears to be the lead back, bit it's questionable if that will be the case so I'll designate 15%.  Mack has potential, but is in a timeshare so I'll designate 10%.  These are non ppr values.

Users who are viewing this thread