What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Waiver Wire Gems - Week 6 (1 Viewer)

It seems like we are underestimating Marlon Mack as a FA pickup, especially in PPR.

The guy is electric, adequate size, gets GL attempts, catches well, backs up a corpse, his coach just said he earned more work and is one yard short of 4 touchdowns on 28 touches.  (3 for sure, one wasn’t challenged)   Looks like the Colts got him involved in week 1, hurt in week 2.   Re-involved in his week 5 return. 

I am a little concerned by his shoulder on the last play of week 5 though  

Week 1

Week 5
Preseason Week 2

Keep an eye on Kevin hogan.  This kid seems like a baller.  He's flat out better than kizer.  If he gets the start he's got a great matchup.  Could be a great streamer, and if he holds onto the job maybe more.  He threw for 194 yards and accounted for 2 tds in one half against the jets. Plus he's got the legs for rushing yards.  

In deep deep leagues keep an eye on tre mcbride.  I think he's got the talent and chemistry with trubisky to rise up the ranks fast in chicago. Waldman compared him as a rookie to amari cooper from a smaller school.  

Doctson is a good stash coming off a bye.  He is the best wr on his team.  And there trying to get him more involved. 

Anything to see with Michael Floyd?
He did play, has one target one reception for 19 yards.

Treadwell played more snaps (60%) than Floyd (42%) did in the recent game vs the Bears but he didn't have any targets and hasn't been very involved as a receiver since the second game.

Diggs was hurt so this is part of why Treadwell and Floyd played as much as they did. Theilen and Diggs are definitely ahead of Treadwell and Floyd for the Vikings but it is possible that Floyd overtakes Treadwell in terms of playing time but it doesn't strike me as a situation where you need to pick up Floyd yet. If his playing time does increase then perhaps Floyd would be a guy to pick up next week if he does.

WW RBs in order for me in PPR:

McKinnon

Aaron Jones

Collins

Mack

Any thoughts on the order?  Maybe Jones goes to first on the list.  Pretty comfortable with the placement of Collins and Mack. 
Your guess is as good as mine but I would say Mack over Collins, not sure about McKinnon over Jones but I would rather have either of those two over Mack.

I think all 4 are very promising.

Keep an eye on Kevin hogan.  This kid seems like a baller.  He's flat out better than kizer.  If he gets the start he's got a great matchup.  Could be a great streamer, and if he holds onto the job maybe more.  He threw for 194 yards and accounted for 2 tds in one half against the jets. Plus he's got the legs for rushing yards.  
It's worth remembering at one point the KC regime thought he could be a successor QB. They obviously moved on, but he's getting an opportunity. Someone in the game thread said 'Tyler Thigpen'. Take that how you like but I think he can maybe open up the offense for Crowell, the 2 TEs & Ricardo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just put in my claims for this week (16-team, standard scoring, start 2 RB/WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/TE flex):

1. Atlanta D
  2. Ryan Griffin
  3. Kittle
  4. JuJu
My logic: I'd love to go after some of the available RBs, particularly McKinnon, but I'm next-to-last in priority, so I probably won't get him anyway, Meanwhile, with Diggs potentially out and Dez on bye, I desperately need someone who can start at flex. The WR options really suck -- I don't want Roger Lewis or his Spanish/French cousin Ricardo Louis -- so I'm going after TEs with good match-ups and hoping for a TD. At the same time, I'm kind of indifferent to which of these guys I get (and don't figure to have a lot of competition for TEs), so I figured I'd go after the top WW defense first.

Just put in my claims for this week (16-team, standard scoring, start 2 RB/WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/TE flex):

1. Atlanta D
  2. Ryan Griffin
  3. Kittle
  4. JuJu
My logic: I'd love to go after some of the available RBs, particularly McKinnon, but I'm next-to-last in priority, so I probably won't get him anyway, Meanwhile, with Diggs potentially out and Dez on bye, I desperately need someone who can start at flex. The WR options really suck -- I don't want Roger Lewis or his Spanish/French cousin Ricardo Louis -- so I'm going after TEs with good match-ups and hoping for a TD. At the same time, I'm kind of indifferent to which of these guys I get (and don't figure to have a lot of competition for TEs), so I figured I'd go after the top WW defense first.
It never hurts to try. I always put a waiver in on people I want even if I know I probably won't get them. You never know what others will do.

It never hurts to try. I always put a waiver in on people I want even if I know I probably won't get them. You never know what others will do.
You know what? I was about to disagree with you and say that I wasn't going to do it because then I'd have to drop one of my other RBs. But then I looked at the guys at the bottom of my bench (Riddick, Collins) and realized that I'd gladly take McKinnon over them. Thanks for helping me see the light! 

You know what? I was about to disagree with you and say that I wasn't going to do it because then I'd have to drop one of my other RBs. But then I looked at the guys at the bottom of my bench (Riddick, Collins) and realized that I'd gladly take McKinnon over them. Thanks for helping me see the light! 
Np. Just make sure you drop Riddick and not Collins  :)

Did my waiver claims for this week (16-team, standard scoring, start 2 RB/WR, 1 TE, Double Flex - 1 WR/TE and 1 WR/RB/TE)

I was stocking up on bench RB tickets (Collins, Gallman) and paid $36 in FAAB for Murray ($100 FAAB Budget), and then Mack (who I drafted and dropped in Week 3 when he got hurt ) blows up the minute he comes back. I completely forgot to pick him back up before the Sunday games, and now I have to bid for him back... I don't have too much FAAB cash left and I have 3 backs, so I probably shouldn't break the bank for him,,, or should I?

I got frustrated and dropped Buck Allen last Saturday. Of course with West out I want him back. How would you guys rank waiver priority, vs Mckinning Ap and Mack?

I got frustrated and dropped Buck Allen last Saturday. Of course with West out I want him back. How would you guys rank waiver priority, vs Mckinning Ap and Mack?
Short term?

Allen > Mack > McKinnon > AP

Allen right now gets the passing work, some carries AND goalline carries, though that is expected to decline once Woodhead comes back and Collins progress without fumbling

Mack re-established himself as a name to monitor now, his time is coming. I have him over McKinnon because his starting path is clearer.

McKinnon has earned more work going forward but Murray will still get 10+ carries and goalline work, MIN pretty much said they rode the hot hand.

AP "should" get 15+ carries and goal line work, but keep in mind he's not a pass catcher. Not sure he's that much better than CJ700H was.

Some dude spent the rest of his FAAB on Peterson in my league--just got the FAAB report. Wow--$57, and we only get a $100 budget. I only bid $7! He's 4-1, somehow, after what we thought was a questionable draft. He is heavily invested in the GB Offense with Rodgers/Montgomery/Jones/Adams. All power to him.

Some dude spent the rest of his FAAB on Peterson in my league--just got the FAAB report. Wow--$57, and we only get a $100 budget. I only bid $7! He's 4-1, somehow, after what we thought was a questionable draft. He is heavily invested in the GB Offense with Rodgers/Montgomery/Jones/Adams. All power to him.
There was a $99/$100 bid in one of my redraft leagues and another league a guy dropped $20/200 on Matt Bryant.

I guess we're doing it wrong...

Wow I got fairly lucky.

In one league I was able to get Henry where i lost clay, and Peterson and mkinnon for virtually nothing.

In another snagged Mack and fleener for one week for Graham's bye.

Pretty happy with that. :thumbup:

There was a $99/$100 bid in one of my redraft leagues and another league a guy dropped $20/200 on Matt Bryant.

I guess we're doing it wrong...
As someone who's getting burned on my kicker week after week that doesn't seem that unreasonable for Bryant.

and another league a guy dropped $20/200 on Matt Bryant.
I haven’t played in auction yet and I get that 10% of total budget in a kicker is expensive but is this move really that outlandish?

Cementing a Top 3 kicker on a high powered offense who is past his bye and you can set and forget for rest of season?

Doesn't sound that terrible to me.

I missed on McKinnon but Jones, Mack, and Peterson still remain after waivers.  But with Kamara, Smallwood, Abdullah, Powell, and Henry, on my roster it just seems like they're all the same.  Any can bust out but who knows...

Seems like burning a waiver or waiver money on a kicker seems like a waste. So hard to predict. I usually just look for a dome kicker without a bad weather playoff schedule. That $20 can cost you later on a more important pickup but ya, I guess not a huge deal. Just seems like a dart throw most of the time.

Seems like burning a waiver or waiver money on a kicker seems like a waste. So hard to predict. I usually just look for a dome kicker without a bad weather playoff schedule. That $20 can cost you later on a more important pickup but ya, I guess not a huge deal. Just seems like a dart throw most of the time.
I agree. Even for the most accurate kicker in a high powered offense, game flow is so dependent on a kicker's fantasy success. Very hard to predict that flow.

Short term?

Allen right now gets the passing work, some carries AND goalline carries, though that is expected to decline once Woodhead comes back and Collins progress without fumbling

Mack re-established himself as a name to monitor now, his time is coming. I have him over McKinnon because his starting path is clearer.

McKinnon has earned more work going forward but Murray will still get 10+ carries and goalline work, MIN pretty much said they rode the hot hand.

AP "should" get 15+ carries and goal line work, but keep in mind he's not a pass catcher. Not sure he's that much better than CJ700H was.
Mack is going to get more work but not replace Gore as the lead RB.  Not saying that is what should happen, but that is what came out of the coach's mouth. 

McKinnon certainly seems like the starter in MIN.  He is the starter today.  He outplayed and greatly out-touched Murray.  It was not even close. 

I am staying away from AP.  It is not impossible for him to put up solid numbers but seems doubtful at his age and behind that AZ Oline.   

I have the same dilemma.

When I get the #1 priority, good luck if you are sitting behind me waiting.

I can and will sit on it until the bitter end if I think its not the right guy.  In one league last year I sat on it from week 2 until the playoffs, and never spent it. I always had depth.

Full disclosure - in  one league, I have the #1 priority, and Mack is available, so is Peterson, and a few other interesting candidates.

I have Martin/Rodgers, Miller/Foreman, Hyde/Breida.  So I am good at RB, at least not desperate.  I really don't think in my situation I will be using priority honestly.

I will likely comb the wire after they process, and see whats left, if I really feel the need to get depth.  Although I think there are a few decent grabs, I just don't think the must have guy is there yet.... at least for ME.

TZM
100% agree with your logic here. I had Hunt, CJA, Abdullah, Duke, Thompson and Powell so I was pretty set at RB and no reason to burn #1 on a lottery ticket. My league is a 10 man and West/Charles have both been dropped so having #1 is sort of like having both of those guys right now. And I got McGuire for free so no reason to go hard for JAG

If Hogan starts for CLE he loves Ricardo Louis. I haven't watched last Sunday's game yet but I remember when he went in for Kizer two weeks ago he started targeting Louis like mad.
I think there may be something here. 6 of his 8 targets were in the 2nd half with Hogan. And Louis showed up in preseason too. He lacks red zone opportunities and big play potential but maybe he can start to take over as a primary WR.

I think there may be something here. 6 of his 8 targets were in the 2nd half with Hogan. And Louis showed up in preseason too. He lacks red zone opportunities and big play potential but maybe he can start to take over as a primary WR.
Hogan named starter. Was able to get Louis this morning to fill in for byes/injuries

I would spend quite a bit to get Peterson, I'm pretty sure he will get an opportunity to shine or else he would not have gone there. Its not a sure thing, heck he might not even get that many reps this week, but I would think he will get games with a lot of attempts in the near future. (Keyword is "attempts")

1. Atlanta D
  2. Ryan Griffin
  3. Kittle
  4. JuJu
I know no one cares about my league, but one thing I found interesting was that I got Griffin despite the fact that two people ahead of me got TEs I hadn't even considered (Dickson and Kroft). Which just goes to prove my point that TEs are the ultimate crapshoot, and no one knows nuthin'.

I would spend quite a bit to get Peterson, I'm pretty sure he will get an opportunity to shine or else he would not have gone there. Its not a sure thing, heck he might not even get that many reps this week, but I would think he will get games with a lot of attempts in the near future. (Keyword is "attempts")
The opportunity will be there, sure. But I'm not confident he does much with it. It's not like he was setting the world on fire in New Orleans. He averaged a whopping 3ypc behind the Saints OL and now gets to go to a worse OL in Arizona. The Saints as a team were averaging 4.0ypc. The Cardinals are at 2.6ypc, the worst in the league.

Cohen was dropped .. worth picking up over McGuire and Mack in non ppr?

If you need a win desperately THIS WEEK , then get McGuire.   Due to injuries, he will get literally all the work this week, and should have a high floor.

If you are just building depth, looking for a future  starter in a few weeks then I would lean towards Cohen or Mack. Mack is who I would be looking at, but even then its likely a bit of a timeshare.

OTOH, If you own Jordan Howard, I wouldn't blame you for getting Cohen.  (but even then don't burn your priority, you will likely get him for free....his numbers declined sharply)

This week for the win = McGuire.

For a solid add for the rest of season = Mack.

TZM

If you need a win desperately THIS WEEK , then get McGuire.   Due to injuries, he will get literally all the work this week, and should have a high floor.

If you are just building depth, looking for a future  starter in a few weeks then I would lean towards Cohen or Mack. Mack is who I would be looking at, but even then its likely a bit of a timeshare.

OTOH, If you own Jordan Howard, I wouldn't blame you for getting Cohen.  (but even then don't burn your priority, you will likely get him for free....his numbers declined sharply)

TZM
If Powell sits and McGuire puts on a show he could easily have ros value on top of being a great start this week. The coaching staff seems to love him and they seem reluctant to make Powell the lead back.

Short term?

Disagree on Mack having a clearer path.  Gore is entrenched as the starter in Indy much moreso than Murray is in Minny.

Mack is exciting but I think folks are fooling themselves if they think Gore is going away.

Mike Williams set to debut this week.  I wouldn't be surprised to see him on this list next week if he gets a few catches or more against Oakland.  The draft pedigree is there at a minimum.

Mike Williams set to debut this week.  I wouldn't be surprised to see him on this list next week if he gets a few catches or more against Oakland.  The draft pedigree is there at a minimum.
Just plucked him this morning off of free FA. Had one space left, figured it could pay off down the road this season?

TZM
"Due to injuries".  Is there new word that Powell is out?  I have him and need to play him if he plays but McGuire is still available.  Don't really have room for him though without dropping some decent guys...

"Due to injuries".  Is there new word that Powell is out?  I have him and need to play him if he plays but McGuire is still available.  Don't really have room for him though without dropping some decent guys...
There are reports that Powell maybe out this week.

Tex

Jets just resigned a RB to practice squad. May or may not be a sign about Powell being out possibly.

That seems bold but you have my attention.
Obviously he has to stay on the field for that to happen, which has been a struggle for him so far... but he is their best WR when he’s on the field, and Cousins looks for him in big moments. 

Nice flier on the end of your bench. 

I'm in a very short bench best ball league and am having a hard time choosing which RB I want with the #1 waiver priority

Ingram (someone dropped him before last week's games)

Kamara (surprised nobody picked him up yet, I waited as I needed the RBs and he was on bye)

McKinnon (looks like a potential workhorse even though Murray will still get carries, including goal line...)

I'm not saying he can't become their best WR but what do you base the bolded on? The guy has 5 career catches (3 this season).
Two weeks in a row, with their game on the line he threw to Doctson in tight man coverage giving him the opportunity to make a play on the ball. He trusts his talent and ball skills... and there are plenty of sound bytes out there of Cousins gushing over Doctson. Most of his teammates feel like he can be their top WR, but you have to dig a little to find that information. I’ll see if I can find some links.

Disagree on Mack having a clearer path.  Gore is entrenched as the starter in Indy much moreso than Murray is in Minny.

Mack is exciting but I think folks are fooling themselves if they think Gore is going away.
Don't understand how a 34 year old RB averaging 3 yds a carry is going to continue to get the load.  Really bad logic here.

Users who are viewing this thread