What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WAIVER WIRE PICK-UPS AFTER WEEK 1 (1 Viewer)

Still mad at myself for not taking Hockenson in the last round because I had a solid starter in Howard 😑  I'll never get him now.

The law firm of Brown, Brown, Brown, Brown(I stupidly drafted Henderson) and McLaurin are on my list this week.

Look here boys........

If the Miami players are asking for trades, let's be real.

Fitzpatrick will be flinging it, and really doesn't care.  There is definitely a few guys still on Miami that will be looking to make money, and try and score.

Is the play here DeVante Parker or Preston Williams...???

This is a legit question, as one of these guys could well put up very relevant fantasy numbers.

(The mere fact that I'm in a start 3 WR league, and lost JuJu Smith Schuster, Tyreek Hill, and Anthony Miller was already gimpy is irrelevant).  :wall:

Seriously not a "who do I grab", but I've always looked for value in even the bottom of the barrel teams.... always have .

There has to be someone here (outside of Gesicki) that will help fantasy teams.  

I know the Preston Williams apologists are sure to chime in. Haha I actually have him on my bench.  But I am wondering if everyone is sleeping on Devante Parker yet again.

I have a sneaking feeling someone from this group is going to help a LOT of owners down the stretch.

Either way, I'm starting to think one of these guys is going to be a great WR2/3 play very soon.

TZM

DaVante almost looked like a real WR yesterday but I'm still not going to bite. What about Gesicki? 6 targets and could turn out to be useful.

think im passing on all these options w the #1 waiver pick this week. (redraft)

really not blown away w the options, and seeing hollywoof only played 12 snaps makes me really give pause

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys aren't sold on Hollywood?  What happens when they actually have to try for a whole game?  Dude was shot out of a cannon. Monster monster upside. 

Hockenson and Hollywood are on my waiver wire in PPR and I've got top priority. Gonna be a tough choice.

Have OJ Howard but might look to flex Hock, WRs are looking pretty weak after Julio and Diggs though.

Hockenson isn't on my waiver wires because he's on two of my three teams and on one he was starting. :pickle:

You'll all be chaising Marquise Brown's points all year if you weren't already all-in on him. Who is #1 in B'More? Snead? Boykin?

It's M. Brown just waiting to boom and bust on your team, like a more talented Denarius Moore before him seven or eight years ago.

John Ross III is not the guy to have. Dalton threw the ball fifty times with Mixon out. That likely will not happen again.

Giovani Bernard is also a waiver watch with Mixon's ankle. 

As usual, perhaps the thing to do is to sit back, do nothing and let yourself move up the waiver wire priority by several places whilst everyone else panics and goes wild. 

Chance of missing a great player for ROS of course, but so often there are week 1 break outs that go nowhere and the chance that some of the sneakier grabs like a Chark, may slip through the net 

As usual, perhaps the thing to do is to sit back, do nothing and let yourself move up the waiver wire priority by several places whilst everyone else panics and goes wild. 

Chance of missing a great player for ROS of course, but so often there are week 1 break outs that go nowhere 
Yeah, last year I had #1 priority to start for the 1st time and valued it way too much and missed out big time not using it week 1. I'd be happier if there was a great looking RB to pick up, but there does look like a lot of quality options out there this week.

Chance of missing a great player for ROS of course, but so often there are week 1 break outs that go nowhere and the chance that some of the sneakier grabs like a Chark, may slip through the net 
I thought he announced his presence with authority, actually, but maybe that's because he went in my leagues and people were talking about him on this board. This board is so much different than your average league-goer. 

This is the part where my solid drafting doesn't help me because my opponents all get better after these waivers. I'll try to add Mostert and Gio. Most of the names I'm reading here are already rostered in my leagues but there are probably a few that will legitimately help.

I nailed TE in the draft everywhere but there are a couple where Hock is available. But I have Andrews, Njoku and Waller. Probably take him over Waller but we'll see what happens tonight. I can see him over Njoku as well but I don't think I even want 3 TEs on some rosters, let alone debating taking on a 4th.

No. What happens is someone else takes him and gets better. The rhythm of the fantasy season.

Agreed. He’s the real deal. 
I think Brown is an incredible talent. 

I also think the Dolphins Defense may be one of the worst ever.  The whole team asked to be traded afterwards.  No one wants to be there.  The team is devoid of talent. 

The reality is--the Dolphins defense wasn't stopping anyone.  If Kenny Stills was the #1 WR for Baltimore, he probably also has a huge day.  I think it's dangerous to draw major conclusions about the Ravens offense from this game. 

If I've got Brown in dynasty, I'm very excited about it.  If he's on waivers in redraft leagues, I'm not sad about getting him. 

I also don't think he's going to continue to average 14 years per SNAP.

John Ross III is not the guy to have. Dalton threw the ball fifty times with Mixon out. That likely will not happen again.

Giovani Bernard is also a waiver watch with Mixon's ankle. 
This is not helping my regret of passing on Cook for Mixon! (Looks like I lost Coleman for awhile, too.)Thought Mixon got hurt pretty early in game; would have expected more pts from Bernard.

This is not helping my regret of passing on Cook for Mixon! (Looks like I lost Coleman for awhile, too.)Thought Mixon got hurt pretty early in game; would have expected more pts from Bernard.
Mixon did get hurt fairly early in the game -- then they threw the ball fifty-one times.

As for Cook and Mixon...ah, yes, the non-decimal Sundays...league. I made it a point to draft Hockenson in all my leagues besides that one, where I felt like the person (my Week One opponent) jumped a bit. Whoops. I also made it a point to stay away from Conner and Cook except in that league. Again, oops, in both directions. I almost sent you a Cook for Mixon offer earlier in the week, too. That league is sort of my aberration, one might say.

I got hit by both of those trains yesterday. It's not looking like the best of years in that league. I wasn't prepared for my draft spot and was caught off guard.  Next year or the latter half of the year will be different, I hope, otherwise... :ptts:

so, we really think hollywood is the real deal?

why just 12 snaps tho? that's criminal, folks. u got the #1 waiver pick, u want a guy who is playing 12 snaps in a monster blowout out there?

T.J. HOCKENSON

Gonna win a lotta people a lotta leagues.
So happy he and Mark Andrews are sitting on my bench with 35+ points each.  However, no way I was starting either  of them over Mike Evans or Todd Gurley.  My thought process is rapidly changing though.

why just 12 snaps tho? that's criminal, folks. u got the #1 waiver pick, u want a guy who is playing 12 snaps in a monster blowout out there?
I think Hollywood is as boom-or-bust as it gets. Twelve snaps is too few for my liking. He didn't score his points during blowout time, though, those came well within the game script of a competitive game.

One thing that concerns me: it looks like the Dolphins played zero safety on one of the touchdowns and didn't rotate safety help over to Brown on the bomb. He beat straight man coverage for both the slant (it was Tebow-esque coverage, Dolphins dared Jackson to complete a quick pass, and he did) and the deep ball.

It's all about how you feel about losing a potential #1 in Balt's offense. Who else? Willie Snead? 

So happy he and Mark Andrews are sitting on my bench with 35+ points each.  However, no way I was starting either  of them over Mike Evans or Todd Gurley.  My thought process is rapidly changing though.
Hockenson was in the game plan from the jump, too. They were running long-developing, clear-out play action for him in the first half. Twice. 

That doesn't mean that it happens every game, but it is something to note. But just that. A note for about a quarter of the way through the season. He starts in my league, though, and I did start him as a TE yesterday in one league, Waller in the other. 

well, maybe i'll regret it, but i think im gonna pass on hollywood. honestly, im stacked at WR (my FIFTH option is crowder/watkins right now) so probably gonna hold out for some RB stud to come along. 

He was questionable coming into the game and hes a rookie and the game was over at halftime. You seriously think that snap count wont rise dramatically?

Adrian Peterson - if anyone panic dropped him after that healthy scratch. 

MRI on Guice’s knee = lots of AP

Not a professional rapper, that was accidental. 

12 snaps are low and I would like to know why he only received that many

But on the bright side, he was targeted on 5 of his 12 snaps. Which was the 2nd most targets on the team.

peronsally Im looking mostly at McLaurin, I don't trust John Ross, and I think DJ Chark did his damage with foles in there, Minshew seemed to like Conley & DeDe more.

those are the guys in left in my deepest league at WR. 

As far as the ravens go, they play the Cards at home, and they are going to romp them, garbage points for murray and fitz again, Im not sure why you would sell any of them, the Ravens O is gonna blast the Browns the Bengals and Steelers all year, Andrews and Ingram are every week plays, and Lamar is probably your back up, good one to have.

12 snaps are low and I would like to know why he only received that many

But on the bright side, he was targeted on 5 of his 12 snaps. Which was the 2nd most targets on the team.
I'd love a breakdown of when those snaps came and the overall trend for the game.

If Brown was in on those 12 snaps in the first half, I'd be less worried as BAL went up earlier and likely went run-heavy (another thing to look at in terms of game log stats).

If Brown wasn't involved in the offense much in the first half and was in and targeted more when the game was put away, that may tell a completely different story.

Either way, no matter when these snaps/targets were distributed, the performance is meaningful. If I am BAL I would want to ensure he stays involved.

I'd love a breakdown of when those snaps came and the overall trend for the game.

If Brown was in on those 12 snaps in the first half, I'd be less worried as BAL went up earlier and likely went run-heavy (another thing to look at in terms of game log stats).

If Brown wasn't involved in the offense much in the first half and was in and targeted more when the game was put away, that may tell a completely different story.

Either way, no matter when these snaps/targets were distributed, the performance is meaningful. If I am BAL I would want to ensure he stays involved.
He caught both TD's in the first quarter I believe.

Hockenson was in the game plan from the jump, too. They were running long-developing, clear-out play action for him in the first half. Twice. 

That doesn't mean that it happens every game, but it is something to note. But just that. A note for about a quarter of the way through the season. He starts in my league, though, and I did start him as a TE yesterday in one league, Waller in the other. 
TE scoring in our league is modified...yardage bonus is lower.

Compare Larry Fitz who had 8-113-1 (4 yard TD) to Mark Andrews who had 8-108-1 (3 yard TD)...Fitz scored 30, Andrews scored 36.

Delanie Walker also on my bench.  😒

Miami looks epically bad. Florio reporting that after the game several players called their agents and told them to demand trades. They feel the FO and coaching staff are tanking.
Of course they're tanking.  You would think the players should be the first to know.

peronsally Im looking mostly at McLaurin, I don't trust John Ross, and I think DJ Chark did his damage with foles in there, Minshew seemed to like Conley & DeDe more.

those are the guys in left in my deepest league at WR. 

As far as the ravens go, they play the Cards at home, and they are going to romp them, garbage points for murray and fitz again, Im not sure why you would sell any of them, the Ravens O is gonna blast the Browns the Bengals and Steelers all year, Andrews and Ingram are every week plays, and Lamar is probably your back up, good one to have.
I like McLaren a lot but Wash is going to spread the ball a lot.  They have a few decent receiving options.  

Conley is on my list.  

I like McLaren a lot but Wash is going to spread the ball a lot.  They have a few decent receiving options.  
Agreed, but even when they eventually make the switch to Haskins, another positive is that Haskins and McLaurin played together in college. A lot is often overblown about guys that played in college together, but given the situation, I'm on board with McLaurin.

So with a fixed #1 waiver priority, and John Ross, Hollywood Brown, and TJ Hockmandzadeh available....would you act on any of those or hold?

So with a fixed #1 waiver priority, and John Ross, Hollywood Brown, and TJ Hockmandzadeh available....would you act on any of those or hold?
Hockenson.  He's a fantastic TE just like his college teammate Kittle.  It's much easier to find a decent WR off waivers than it is a TE.  Get him while you can.

Agreed, but even when they eventually make the switch to Haskins, another positive is that Haskins and McLaurin played together in college. A lot is often overblown about guys that played in college together, but given the situation, I'm on board with McLaurin.
Doesn't seem like Wash has to rush Haskins.  

All of his targets were in the first half including a target that won’t show up because he drew a penalty. I didn’t watch the entire second half but I don’t think he played at all. He came in with a questionable designation and still isn’t 100% from the foot thing so it would make sense to sit him after it was 42-10 at half. There were only 34 plays in the first half a few of which were goal line formation and one kneel down. 

Conley is on my list.  
If Washington’s receiving options are considered decent than every other team in the league has decent or better options...

I thought he announced his presence with authority, actually, but maybe that's because he went in my leagues and people were talking about him on this board. This board is so much different than your average league-goer. 
Yes indeed, I was thinking of my own longest running re-draft league and I reckon Chark may slip through the cracks in that one for some more well known commodities that did well in week 1. The vast majority of leagues will of course be on top of it. 

Keenum threw for 380.  Either he is good enough to hold off Haskins on his own or he has decent WRs.   
Keenum is both criminally underrated and overrated. If he were as tall or big-armed as Flacco, he'd have been starting without question in the NFL. For years. Somehow, people that write the blurbs set the tone for fantasy and they're down on him so he can't possibly be one of the best thirty-two in the game.

Newsflash: he just led Minnesota to a divisional playoff game a few years ago with their weapons and lost to Philly, who went on to win it.

He's really not that bad of a quarterback when you give him a realistic corps of receivers and a solid game plan. 

Yes indeed, I was thinking of my own longest running re-draft league and I reckon Chark may slip through the cracks in that one for some more well known commodities that did well in week 1. The vast majority of leagues will of course be on top of it. 
Yeah, when I say went, I mean that he went in two out of three leagues and was watched (by most) in another. I wonder if he slips...I mean, he only had four targets and his backup QB is unproven. That may nudge him into the realm of budget bidding if you use FAAB, IMHO. 

Users who are viewing this thread