What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*WAIVER WIRE PICK-UPS AFTER WEEK 12* (1 Viewer)

Jack Doyle might be an option.  His usage/scoring is noticeably higher without Ebron (injured).  Decent week 13 matchup for TE and then great week 14 matchup vs TB
I agree, I was going to jump all over Doyle, until I read this...

4th&inches said:
Few TE's I forgot to list

• Mo Alie-Cox - In DEEP/ dynasty/ keeper leagues - I think the move of Ebron to IR might actually mean MAC gets the bump and not Doyle..
When he's gotten playing time this year MAC has generally been used as a blocker (8 total targets all year).  Doyle seems to be a much more natural pass-catcher. 

Are you picking MAC up over Doyle if they're both available?

When he's gotten playing time this year MAC has generally been used as a blocker (8 total targets all year).  Doyle seems to be a much more natural pass-catcher. 

Doyle for me based on this:

With Ebron(278 snaps) 3.4% target% 8.8% RZ target%

Without (378 snaps) 21.5% trg 20% RZ target%

Colts are 5th or 6th in total TE points this year 

I'm picking up Gallman on all of my teams this week.  Saquon could be mothballed at any time.  In Week 15, the Giants face the Dolphins.  In Week 16, the Giants face the Redskins.  Gallman is an elite pass blocker so he'll most likely be guaranteed a lead role if Saquon is out because they will want to protect Daniel Jones.  They don't need to audition a young running back for next year's lead role because they have Saquon.   And Gallman is a plus receiver so he could put up nice fantasy numbers while being a minus rusher.  And he could still put up nice rushing totals based on volume.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm picking up Gallman on all of my teams this week.  Saquon could be mothballed at any time.  In Week 15, the Giants face the Dolphins.  In Week 16, the Giants face the Redskins.  Gallman is an elite pass blocker so he will be guaranteed a lead role if Saquon is out because they will want to protect Daniel Jones.  They don't need to audition a young running back for next year's lead role because they have Saquon.   And Gallman is a plus receiver so he could put up nice fantasy numbers while being a minus rusher.  And he could still put up nice rushing totals based on volume.
The Giants aren't going to "mothball" their best player.

John Ross III back at practice and should be coming off IR soon...with Dalton at QB could be a nice WR2 down the stretch.
I'd be more intrigued if AJ Green stays out but it looks like AJ might be coming back.  Hard to imagine that Dalton can produce a big enough pie to properly feed Ross, Green, and Boyd.  Also, Ross' first game available is Week 14 and no one will trust to start him his first game back.  Week 15 is against the Patriots.  So rostering him would essentially just be for Week 16 against the Dolphins.

I'd be more intrigued if AJ Green stays out but it looks like AJ might be coming back.  Hard to imagine that the Dalton can produce a big enough pie to properly feed Ross, Green, and Boyd.  Also, Ross' first game available is Week 14 and no one will trust to start him his first game back.  Week 15 is against the Patriots.  So rostering him would essentially just be for Week 16 against the Dolphins.
Do you have something new in regards to AJG? I agree with him back it's too many mouths to feed but the odds are still against him returning unless I'm missing something.

As for the schedule, I would concede NE is not the best of matchups...but Ross did put up 11/270/3 in the first two games of the year vs. SEA and SF. 

Do you have something new in regards to AJG? I agree with him back it's too many mouths to feed but the odds are still against him returning unless I'm missing something.

As for the schedule, I would concede NE is not the best of matchups...but Ross did put up 11/270/3 in the first two games of the year vs. SEA and SF. 
I have nothing concrete on AJ but the tone surrounding AJ has been more optimistic since Dalton was named starter.  It's understandable that he wouldn't want to come back with Finley at quarterback.  But maybe it's just rumor/speculation.  He is still listed day-to-day.  It is impressive what Ross did against Seattle and San Fran but I'd still have to be desperate to start him his first game back or against the Patriots.  And it's hard to be truly desperate at wide receiver since there is always a player on the waiver wire who has nice circumstances as a one week play.

for the immediate, I agree that Doyle is likely the better play. That being said, I also wouldn't be surprised if from week 13 till the end of the year that MAC ends up being the better Indy TE. 

In one QB leagues, Darnold and Tannehill are now potential starters since quality QBs are tough to find this season.   Guys like Carr are fading.   Ryan is struggling.  Pburgh is a mess.   Washington, Denver, and Cincy don't have a QBs.   
Ryan is indeed struggling. Even the upgrade/downgrade report for FBG's has him listed as a downgraded QB that's hard to trust as a QB1.

That said, would you really risk starting Tannehill over Ryan through these next few weeks? It's upside vs FOMO of leaving points on the bench.

It is common for teams to shelve elite players at the end of the year with minor injuries when they are out of playoff contention.  Saquon clearly isn't 100%
On one hand, Saquon suffering through ankle issues is clearly hampering him. On the other hand, they were 2-8 going into this last week, and were utterly way out of contention. Yet they still played Barkley.

I could see them sitting Barkley for week 17, maybe 16. But I can't see them sitting him over the next three weeks if they haven't sat him already.

Lot of great insight into this thread. Trying to work through the following:

• Is Engram ever going to contribute, or should I really be burning a bench spot to protect myself on a guy like Doyle or Hollister? Or is Engram actually droppable for those two?
  • Picking up Penny as a Carson owner, or another contributor like Snell, Gallman, or Darrel Williams who may be last man standing given injuries.
  • One of the backs above, who may not be high flex contributors, vs a guy like Pollard, Armstead, or Bonnafon who become instantly more valuable than the above if the starter goes down.

On one hand, Saquon suffering through ankle issues is clearly hampering him. On the other hand, they were 2-8 going into this last week, and were utterly way out of contention. Yet they still played Barkley.

I could see them sitting Barkley for week 17, maybe 16. But I can't see them sitting him over the next three weeks if they haven't sat him already.
Maybe they thought he'd come out of the bye healthy but last week would indicate he did not.  They might leave the decision up to Saquon and the fact that he came back from a high ankle sprain after 2 weeks might mean that he will choose to keep playing.  It just seems counterproductive to trot out a hobbled played and risk more injury when there is nothing to gain.  The Giants will be mathematically eliminated from playoff contention with one more loss or a Cowboys win.  That might be the catalyst that causes him to be put on IR.  But it would be a beautiful thing if the Giants ended the year 5-0 and the Cowboys ended the year 0-5.  A boy can dream.

Placed bids for Rashaad Penny, Carolina, A.J. Brown, Benny Snell Jr., and Allen Hurns. Hopefully I hit gold since they were all pretty low bids.

Maybe they thought he'd come out of the bye healthy but last week would indicate he did not.  They might leave the decision up to Saquon and the fact that he came back from a high ankle sprain after 2 weeks might mean that he will choose to keep playing.  It just seems counterproductive to trot out a hobbled played and risk more injury when there is nothing to gain.  The Giants will be mathematically eliminated from playoff contention with one more loss or a Cowboys win.  That might be the catalyst that causes him to be put on IR.  But it would be a beautiful thing if the Giants ended the year 5-0 and the Cowboys ended the year 0-5.  A boy can dream.
That's literally the reason AJ Green shouldn't come back.

I'm picking up Gallman on all of my teams this week.  Saquon could be mothballed at any time.  In Week 15, the Giants face the Dolphins.  In Week 16, the Giants face the Redskins.  Gallman is an elite pass blocker so he most likely be guaranteed a lead role if Saquon is out because they will want to protect Daniel Jones.  They don't need to audition a young running back for next year's lead role because they have Saquon.   And Gallman is a plus receiver so he could put up nice fantasy numbers while being a minus rusher.  And he could still put up nice rushing totals based on volume.

The Giants aren't going to "mothball" their best player.

It is common for teams to shelve elite players at the end of the year with minor injuries when they are out of playoff contention.  Saquon clearly isn't 100%
I'm on board with the Gallman pick up. I did acquire Saquon via a trade and he's been garbage in fantasy scoring. Just doesn't seem right. Usually we hear about how bad the injuries really were after the season is over. There is that chance that Barkley gets shelved for whatever reason. I had Gallman, then had to drop him last week for a bye fill. I thought who would even be interested besides my team? Well, the knowing I let him go gave me consternation all week. My #1 priority was to get Gallman back and stop messing around. While the Giants may suck this year, and Jones misses Barkley coming out of the backfield for those open field runs that Manning used to do, the schedule for the remaining games negates the disadvantage. I may never use Gallman, but the peace of mind is worth it. Plus, our league goes 17 weeks. We all know what kind of crazy things happen in week 17.

Ryan is indeed struggling. Even the upgrade/downgrade report for FBG's has him listed as a downgraded QB that's hard to trust as a QB1.

That said, would you really risk starting Tannehill over Ryan through these next few weeks? It's upside vs FOMO of leaving points on the bench
Ryan is struggling.   It may be his ankle.   It may be his ankle and loss of weapons.   Hoopers's absence is hurting him.   If Julio is out or less than 100%, I don't see where Julio is going with the ball.   I plan on sitting Ryan this week for Darnold or Tannehill depending on who I grab off the WW.   

A fresh, healthy Matt Breida down the stretch?

I just took a flier on him for $1. The other bidder had 0 dollars left.

Dropped Tyrell the Gazelle. 

Specifically looking at Flex play down the road. On the bench for now.

SF running game supports 2, sometimes 3 RB's.

I'd be more intrigued if AJ Green stays out but it looks like AJ might be coming back.  Hard to imagine that Dalton can produce a big enough pie to properly feed Ross, Green, and Boyd.  Also, Ross' first game available is Week 14 and no one will trust to start him his first game back.  Week 15 is against the Patriots.  So rostering him would essentially just be for Week 16 against the Dolphins.
How do you guys feel about Boyd with red rifle back? If AJ comes back does it kill his value? What is his upside if he doesn't? Good game scripts from behind I would think?

How do you guys feel about Boyd with red rifle back? If AJ comes back does it kill his value? What is his upside if he doesn't? Good game scripts from behind I would think?
Boyd did better last year in games that AJ played.  People speculated that he did better as the second target getting less defensive focus.  The Bengals will likely be playing from behind so game script could lead to some high passing numbers.  Week 15 is against the Patriots which probably won't translate to high passing numbers even though they will be behind.

I'd call that rare, not common.  What's common is that guys that are healthy enough to play, play. 

As Herm taught us, "you PLAY to WIN the GAME", and it's true, regardless of your record.

Happy to revisit in a few weeks.  :hifive:

• Is Engram ever going to contribute, or should I really be burning a bench spot to protect myself on a guy like Doyle or Hollister? Or is Engram actually droppable for those two?
  • Picking up Penny as a Carson owner, or another contributor like Snell, Gallman, or Darrel Williams who may be last man standing given injuries.
  • One of the backs above, who may not be high flex contributors, vs a guy like Pollard, Armstead, or Bonnafon who become instantly more valuable than the above if the starter goes down.
FWIW, my moves this week:

Drop Jaylen Samuels, add Darrel Williams

Drop Brian Hill, add Snell

Drop a bye week kicker, add Armstead

Still thinking about whether to pull the plug on AJ Green to add Bonnafon.  Waiting on AJG practice reports the next few days.

A fresh, healthy Matt Breida down the stretch?

I just took a flier on him for $1. The other bidder had 0 dollars left.

Dropped Tyrell the Gazelle. 

Specifically looking at Flex play down the road. On the bench for now.

SF running game supports 2, sometimes 3 RB's.
Was actually coming back to this thread to ask you guys your thoughts on Tyrell Williams. I've been holding this guy on a couple of my teams all season and have only started him like once; maybe twice...of course he did nothing. 

Question to pose you all:

• Is Tyrell the type of player you target as a potential upside flyer for ROS or is he basically bench/ ww fodder and will be nothing more than WR3 at best?

Lost on Penny but another owner blew almost all his FAAB to bid one dollar higher than my total thinking I'd blow my budget on him (Carson owner), which I didn't. Plus for me!

Lost on Carolina D but picked up Dallas D

Got A.J. Brown for $4, Benny Snell Jr. for $3, and Allen Hurns for $2 (had to drop him though, hoping to get him back).

Was actually coming back to this thread to ask you guys your thoughts on Tyrell Williams. I've been holding this guy on a couple of my teams all season and have only started him like once; maybe twice...of course he did nothing. 

Question to pose you all:

• Is Tyrell the type of player you target as a potential upside flyer for ROS or is he basically bench/ ww fodder and will be nothing more than WR3 at best?
I just dumped Tyrell Williams for Tyler Boyd ROS.

The last two weeks have been perfect matchups (CIN/NYJ) and Tyrell did squat, plus the Derek Carr benching scared the crap out of me. 

In Week 16 Tyrell faces Casey Hayward and a revamped LAC secondary with Derwin James and Adrian Phillips returning. Tyrell put up 3/25 in his first LAC mtg this year.

With McCoy always eating popcorn before games/concussed and Williams missing practice I think Darrell is a good stash/potential flex. Imo he has looked like their best back all year.

With McCoy always eating popcorn before games/concussed and Williams missing practice I think Darrell is a good stash/potential flex. Imo he has looked like their best back all year.
As a Damien owner I picked up Darrell, held him through the bye, thinking he may be a good play. I'm not entirely sure if I can play him yet as I have a few backs in a similar situation.

As a Damien owner I picked up Darrell, held him through the bye, thinking he may be a good play. I'm not entirely sure if I can play him yet as I have a few backs in a similar situation.
Grabbed McCoy last night and now this news. However, Darrell is sitting in FA as well.

Who is the better play? Not just this week but long term? Have secured a bye in the playoffs so hoping I have the right lotto ticket.

Yeah I'm in the same boat. Need to flex one of Bo/Snell/Darrel with Conner out. Leaning Snell or Bo though.

FWIW,

dropped Samuels for Snell (missed out on Darrel Williams); dropped Goedert for AJ Brown; dropped that stiff Brian Hill for Pollard. I’m now holding Armstead and Pollard as possible lottery picks.

Three other possible moves:

(1) drop Daniel Jones for Darnold (who knew that I would not be able to count on even average production from Rodgers);

(2) drop Jax D for Jets D (have Carolina); and,

(3) drop Freeman for either Robbie Anderson or Emmanuel Sanders.

Playoff schedules are the primary concern now...

Ended up snagging Penny to back up Carson. It's a good insurance move but I think it's a waste of a roster spot. Best case, Carson recovers like he did earlier and has monster games and the 15+ carry load. Most likely case is that both backs see 10-12 carries in the next game or two and make either untrusworthy fantasy starts.

Wondering if I should drop Guice for an upside pick I could use now -- Snell, Chase Edmonds, Daniel Jones to back up a struggling Matt Ryan (Tannehill/Darnold not available), or a lotto ticket like Gallman, Pollard, Darrel Williams, etc.

Wondering if I should drop Guice for an upside pick I could use now -- Snell, Chase Edmonds, Daniel Jones to back up a struggling Matt Ryan (Tannehill/Darnold not available), or a lotto ticket like Gallman, Pollard, Darrel Williams, etc.
I'm holding Guice for now, but I'm also in the position where I've secured a bye week so I can wait Guice out a bit. Maybe AP is sent out to pasture by then.

Tempted to grab Edmonds though as I already own Drake. Could see AZ ending the season on an explosive note.

And Darrell just became more valuable with Damien looking iffy.

Only so many roster spots...

Does anybody think AJ Brown will be startable in any given week (other than desperation)?  The targets are not there

Also, regarding KC - I would not be surprised if they worked during the bye to get Thompson some receptions - maybe limiting Darrell's value - but still worth picking up

That said, would you really risk starting Tannehill over Ryan through these next few weeks? It's upside vs FOMO of leaving points on the bench.

Thinking of dropping Engram too. Have Goedert and only 4 bench spots, carrying 2 TEs is expensive. Engram didn’t practice today.

Thinking of dropping Engram too. 
Wish I could...locked him up cheap so he's stuck as a zero point lump at the end of my short bench.  He's someone I can easily see the Giants sitting until 2020.

Right now it's me and Irv Smith taking the Thelma and Louise drive off of the playoff cliff.  He's been doing ok lately, and I was always a fan of the talent.

For those looking for TE help - Might want to take a look at Eifert with Dalton coming back.

Thinking of dropping Engram too. Have Goedert and only 4 bench spots, carrying 2 TEs is expensive. Engram didn’t practice today.
I dropped My backup thinking Engram back this week, we thinking he’s out or a decoy? He just can’t stay healthy. Is Djoku back this week?

Does anybody think AJ Brown will be startable in any given week (other than desperation)?  The targets are not there
If Tannehill is for real even in that run-first O he's a playmaker and the #1 WR in the offense. He's a perfectly acceptable upside Flex play.

I dropped My backup thinking Engram back this week, we thinking he’s out or a decoy? He just can’t stay healthy. Is Djoku back this week?
I’ll hold as late as Sunday morning. If philly d is still there I might drop him for them.

If Tannehill is for real even in that run-first O he's a playmaker and the #1 WR in the offense. He's a perfectly acceptable upside Flex play.
Tannehill is 6th ranked QB in my league since week 8 in FPG. he's elevated his play since leaving Miami and Gase.

Tannehill is 6th ranked QB in my league since week 8 in FPG. he's elevated his play since leaving Miami and Gase.
In my league, he has averaged the 3rd most for a quarterback from weeks 7-12 (6 point passing tds and .05 pts/passing yard).  His lowest scoring game over that period is 26.8 points.

Users who are viewing this thread