What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Washington (1-6) at Minnesota (5-2) (-16.5) TNF Game Thread (3 Viewers)

Did anyone see Griffen talking on the sidelines in the Lions game? Had flashbacks of Mike Tyson, for a very large man he’s got a very dainty voice with a lisp. 

Edited to say - nothing wrong with that, just surprised me.

Last edited by a moderator:
WAS with no "go to" play from the 2 yard line...

So you're telling me that if they went for a 2 point try, they would fail 3 out of 3 times? Yikes.

Why is Yards per attempt a stat? 
 Because it’s a way to combine how far a QB is throwing it downfield per completion with completion percentage.

You can have a high yards per completion but be a terrible QB because you always just chuck prayers up and rarely complete them. Or you can be a bad QB because you complete 75% of your passes but they all go for 2 yards.

YPA attempts to factor both of those things into one stat, so completing a high percentage of passes further down the field is rewarded.

Terrible play calling on that 2nd and goal from the 5. Considering the circumstances they should have been trying to pound the ball 2, and maybe three times.

Because it’s a way to combine how far a QB is throwing it downfield per completion with completion percentage.

You can have a high yards per completion but be a terrible QB because you always just chuck prayers up and rarely complete them. Or you can be a bad QB because you complete 75% of your passes but they all go for 2 yards.

YPA attempts to factor both of those things into one stat, so completing a high percentage of passes further down the field is rewarded.
Exactly.

I about burst out laughing when Aikman, one of the most overrated QBs of all time, said he didn't like that stat.

Pretty stupid to run all that clock what if there is a holding or a PI call on Washington you will get a 1st down and have to kick a FG anyway.

Idiotic coaches have no clue.

Users who are viewing this thread