What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Wednesday is the day..... College Move in (1 Viewer)

I should probably ask my kids about their grades at some point....

Checking location on an 18 year old college student seems really weird to me. Like.....really weird.
17 ....and that was the first couple days. Just seeing if she was trying what her therapist told her over her social anxiety and leaving her dorm. Haven't done it since....but thanks

I get it. I might change my tune when my daughter goes to college but the thought never occurred to me for my sons. I don't even know how to do it.

I don't like the idea of somebody watching me everywhere I go with their phone either. Feels like an enormous invasion of privacy to me.

So how often if any did you guys ask for your kids grades? End of semester? middle? not at all.

We have access if I call in but there is no online portal for me to check.....

Just curious
not at all
I mean at some point I have too I am paying for it under the stipulation she does ok :)

Once she turns 18 she is not obligated to share them with you. So I am told.

But yeah, if I am paying I'd like to know!

Checking location on an 18 year old college student seems really weird to me. Like.....really weird.
17 ....and that was the first couple days. Just seeing if she was trying what her therapist told her over her social anxiety and leaving her dorm. Haven't done it since....but thanks

I get it. I might change my tune when my daughter goes to college but the thought never occurred to me for my sons. I don't even know how to do it.

I don't like the idea of somebody watching me everywhere I go with their phone either. Feels like an enormous invasion of privacy to me.
Sorry if I came of dickish. She is young for her grade, and was bullied unbeknownst to us. So I have some guilt for telling her to basically suck it up it's typical teenage stuff. She's been great after therapy but she's always been the youngest in school and sports so I just wanted to check on her the first couple days. Plus the school isn't in the best neighborhood off campus. That being said, I agree. I hate it. I argue with my wife all the time about me not having it on lol

So how often if any did you guys ask for your kids grades? End of semester? middle? not at all.

Just curious
not at all
I mean at some point I have too I am paying for it under the stipulation she does ok :)

There are forms that if they sign you can have access to them but they also can. After they turn 18 go and undo the form lol

Just curious
not at all

There are forms that if they sign you can have access to them but they also can. After they turn 18 go and undo the form lol
Treat it like a dwi... if you refuse, you fail.

Just curious
Unless you’re footing the bill here, you have to let them learn and fail/succeed on their own. The hardest adjustment for freshmen living away from home is budgeting resources - mainly time.

I remember my first class at Western Mich, there were more people in it than in my high school. It was a shock.

Sorry if I came of dickish. She is young for her grade, and was bullied unbeknownst to us. So I have some guilt for telling her to basically suck it up it's typical teenage stuff. She's been great after therapy but she's always been the youngest in school and sports so I just wanted to check on her the first couple days. Plus the school isn't in the best neighborhood off campus. That being said, I agree. I hate it. I argue with my wife all the time about me not having it on lol
Read this after my first response - if she’s in a dorm, usually the floor mates watch out for each other, unless they are just hated. If she didn’t like it there, she probably would have asked to come home by now.

Just curious
Unless you’re footing the bill here, you have to let them learn and fail/succeed on their own. The hardest adjustment for freshmen living away from home is budgeting resources - mainly time.

I remember my first class at Western Mich, there were more people in it than in my high school. It was a shock.
I am paying for now. I'm not too concerned she's smart but a slight study just enough kid. So far she said she's doing well and I'll probably ask end of semester. Was just curious

Last edited:
Same. It's an invasion of my privacy but they don't seem to care. In reality, My wife just likes to check it in the morning to make sure he's safe and got home okay. But then again, she didn't really question it when she realized he didn't come home last Saturday night.

My response when she noticed: :pickle:

She smacked me. LOL

Twas I who was dickish, not you. I hope she has an amazing year and you enjoy your reunions with her as much as I enjoy mine with my boys.

A week ago my daughter asked me if I could come down for parent's weekend - next weekend. Thanks for the advanced notice to travel to another state, kid! Her sorority is doing a brunch, then a tailgate with one of the fraternities before the huge UC Davis vs Portland State football game. We have a Duck game here in Eugene that weekend and as @General Malaise can attest, we run a pretty decent tailgate for 20-30 people every home game.

So I gave her a hard time for not giving me some notice and told her it probably wouldn't work. But then she asked again...and again. And I realized, for whatever reason, how important this is to her. So last night I booked the trip. My lady and my friends can figure out the tailgate here that weekend and I can miss the Ducks (hopefully) boat racing Cal. I'll be in Davis, CA, getting another glimpse into my daughter's college experience. And probably shotgunning a beer or doing a shot-ski with some fraternity kids.

Users who are viewing this thread