What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 09 2022 who should I start thread **OFFICIALLY UNOFFICIAL** (1 Viewer)

Chaka

Footballguy
This is where we ask questions and offer help. And thank you to all of the posters who come here to offer that help.

A couple notes:

I attempt to give well considered responses to all questions posted. I can't get to everything, but I'll try.

1) This only works if people participate. If you ask for help it is good form to offer help to someone else.

2) It helps if you post the matchup. e.g. Mayfield vs Den or Matt Ryan @ Mia

3) Please post important league scoring considerations (e.g. PPR, super-flex etc).

4) Please go easy on the nicknames, save that for other threads. We can't help if we don't know who you are talking about.

View this as an exercise to help focus your thoughts about teams in general. Players you own may not be involved in these WDIS questions but certainly you will own players on many of these teams. Analyzing other players will help you identify things you may have otherwise not considered.
Let's kick off Week 9!

I always post results of my head-2-head choices for the previous week and keep a season long tally. I compare those results to the results if I used a coin toss instead.

I don't keep a tally when asked to choose between more than two players because I'm not sure how to score it and don't want to get into fractions to keep the tally.

Week 5:
I went 19-18-1 in my calls and it was a rough week for the coin toss with 16-21-1

On the season I am: 157-127-16 and the coin to1ss is 133-151-16

On to Week 9

Thanks as always for doing this Chaka, my questions are all standard scoring

I am (currently) starting in my 4 main positions - D.Cook (@ Commanders), K.Walker (Cards), D.Foreman (@ Bengals), AJ Brown (@ Texans)

I could pivot to G.Edwards (@ Saints) or T.Boyd (Panthers)...should I bother or stay put?

Also at TE

Pitts vs Chargers
M.Gesicki @ Bears
I.Likely @ Saints
G.Everett @ Falcons

Thanks

Okay, I'll kick it off.

Super-Flex, PPR League

Goff v GBP
Dalton v BAL

Went with Dalton last week because I also have Swift, Jamaal & ARSB as pretty much weekly starters. Love the Lions at home but they have still only scored 6 combined points in 10 of their last 12 quarters played (8 on the raod). But 27 points in 2 quarters at home is compelling. Still, I think I Dalton is the smart choice considering the composition of my team.

FLEX:
Kenyan Drake @ NO
Gus Edwards @ NO
Khalil Herbert v Miami

Herbert is pretty much the obvious choice in this situation IMO but I am throwing it out there just in case I am missing something.

I am (currently) starting in my 4 main positions - D.Cook (@ Commanders), K.Walker (Cards), D.Foreman (@ Bengals), AJ Brown (@ Texans)

I could pivot to G.Edwards (@ Saints) or T.Boyd (Panthers)...should I bother or stay put?

Also at TE

Pitts vs Chargers
M.Gesicki @ Bears
I.Likely @ Saints
G.Everett @ Falcons

Thanks
No way I roll Boyd or Gus over any of those guys, even if Gus were entirely healthy.

You know I hate TE questions HOWEVER!!! IF Mark Andrews misses this game I roll Likely out there without hesitation. That offense, and that QB loves them some TEs.

If Andrews play I honestly flip a coin between Everett & Gesicki. I probably lean Everett just because Williams is out and the Dolphins may have just improved their running game.

Okay, I'll kick it off.

Super-Flex, PPR League

Goff v GBP
Dalton v BAL

Went with Dalton last week because I also have Swift, Jamaal & ARSB as pretty much weekly starters. Love the Lions at home but they have still only scored 6 combined points in 10 of their last 12 quarters played (8 on the raod). But 27 points in 2 quarters at home is compelling. Still, I think I Dalton is the smart choice considering the composition of my team.

FLEX:
Kenyan Drake @ NO
Gus Edwards @ NO
Khalil Herbert v Miami

Herbert is pretty much the obvious choice in this situation IMO but I am throwing it out there just in case I am missing something.

As we speak right now, I think you go Herbert over the Ravens RBs simply because it's up in the air as to the health of Gus and it's a Monday night game so clarity will be hard to find. Herbert appears to be slowly taking over.

Also at TE

Pitts vs Chargers
M.Gesicki @ Bears
I.Likely @ Saints
G.Everett @ Falcons

Thanks
I would keep your main 4 as is. To do any different is overthinking things. I just go with my best, and understand theres going to be times when someone on my bench has a big game. Obviously Likely depends on Andrews but Pitts had 9 targets last game - is that a realization they are underutilizing him? I'd go pitts over Gesicki and Everett. If Andrews doesn't play, It seems Jackson likes his tight ends and I might take a flyer on Likely.

Okay, I'll kick it off.

Super-Flex, PPR League

Goff v GBP
Dalton v BAL

FLEX:
Kenyan Drake @ NO
Gus Edwards @ NO
Khalil Herbert v Miami

I agree with Herbert as the other 2 are just "wishful thinking" Drake more so than Edwards. I would never want to start Dalton If I could help it but I see your logic in diversification. I like Goff a little better as it feels like Dalton is a 3 INT day waiting to happen. That could just be personal bias though.

0.5 ppr;

I have Deebo out onbye this week and either:

Boyd vs panthers or
Juju Smith-schuster vs Ten

as candidates to replace him. Thoughts?

Okay, I'll kick it off.

Super-Flex, PPR League

Goff v GBP
Dalton v BAL

FLEX:
Kenyan Drake @ NO
Gus Edwards @ NO
Khalil Herbert v Miami

I agree with Herbert as the other 2 are just "wishful thinking" Drake more so than Edwards. I would never want to start Dalton If I could help it but I see your logic in diversification. I like Goff a little better as it feels like Dalton is a 3 INT day waiting to happen. That could just be personal bias though.
I can absolutely see that, and the Ravens have one of the best ball hawking Ds in the league and they just got a lot better.

But even on his 3 INT days Dalton is still capable of 350+ & 4TDs. It's a conundrum. The problem I have with Goff, besides diversification, is he rarely throws over 250 yards and even when he does, he rarely throws multiple TDs. But, he is definitely capable of both as well.

0.5 ppr;

Boyd vs panthers or

Thanks for answering mine. Boy, that's tough. Both home, both doing well 2-3 weeks running. Super close on the surface, in these cases, I generally go with the better team and QB. So I marginally pick JSS while conceding it's a bit of a dart throw.

Okay, I'll kick it off.

Super-Flex, PPR League

Goff v GBP
Dalton v BAL

FLEX:
Kenyan Drake @ NO
Gus Edwards @ NO
Khalil Herbert v Miami

I can absolutely see that, and the Ravens have one of the best ball hawking Ds in the league and they just got a lot better.

But even on his 3 INT days Dalton is still capable of 350+ & 4TDs. It's a conundrum. The problem I have with Goff, besides diversification, is he rarely throws over 250 yards and even when he does, he rarely throws multiple TDs. But, he is definitely capable of both as well.
I'll add as a Ravens fan, obviously it may not be the same in NO, but Dalton has always dialed it up playing the Ravens. I'm not saying he will here, but I doubt he'll be intimidated.

Chaka -- if you don't mind, I have more of a trade question this week --

In standard league, I'm in need of a WR2 -- I have Kupp, ----------> then next is Sutton, then B. Cooks --I did just pick up Doubs today but want to make a move for a more reliant WR1/2.

We start 1 RB and mine are : Swift, Foreman, Stevenson, Pollard, Benjamin, and on IR Cordarrelle and Kryen Williams. I have 2 flex spots to use my RB's but the WR2 is still weak.

Offered Pollard and Eno (he also has Conner) to the Waddle owner --but no bite

Other potential owner has WR's : Diggs, Chase, Dj Moore, R. Moore and Mooney and RB's Gibson and Drake

Do you see anything there that might have potential ? Maybe Chase owner would bite with him out for a few more weeks?

0.5 ppr;

Boyd vs panthers or

I think they are very similar for both opportunity & upside. They also both have great matchups at home. And both have great QBs throwing the ball.

I think I would lean Boyd with Chase out but, even when trailing most of the game he only generated 5 targets on Monday. Juju has almost been like a metronome with his target consistency (exactly 8 targets in 5 of 7 games).

Honestly anything I say will be mostly a WAG but my gut is saying:
Boyd>JuJu

Chaka -- if you don't mind, I have more of a trade question this week --

In standard league, I'm in need of a WR2 -- I have Kupp, ----------> then next is Sutton, then B. Cooks --I did just pick up Doubs today but want to make a move for a more reliant WR1/2.

We start 1 RB and mine are : Swift, Foreman, Stevenson, Pollard, Benjamin, and on IR Cordarrelle and Kryen Williams. I have 2 flex spots to use my RB's but the WR2 is still weak.

Offered Pollard and Eno (he also has Conner) to the Waddle owner --but no bite

Other potential owner has WR's : Diggs, Chase, Dj Moore, R. Moore and Mooney and RB's Gibson and Drake

Do you see anything there that might have potential ? Maybe Chase owner would bite with him out for a few more weeks?
Even with an injury I doubt the Chase owner would bite, and even if he did you don't see RoI for a couple weeks and you don't know what you have for at least a week after that. But, I get that and it doesn't hurt to ask.

DJ Moore is an interesting possibility and you may want to try and get him now as his price is rising. It's a bigger gamble obviously, and I hate giving up Pollard but, I guess you can withstand it (as long as Swift is healthy), but we know DJ can play at a high level and his price is probably as low as it's going to get.

pour yourself a drink @Chaka

Kalif Raymond vs GB
KJ Osborn @ WAS
Van Jefferson @ TB
LOL, really?

I can't go Van Jefferson because TB is still dangerous, they have the tools to exploit the Rams terrible offensive line and I have to imagine they haven't forgotten how last season ended.

Osborn definitely has the better matchup but that offense has a ton of options and just added another very good one. Starting him is banking on another TD.

Over the last four games Raymond has been a more consistent option (22 targets to 17, 16 receptions to 11, 234 yards to 73).

The Lions have potential at home and I'm inclined to try and capture it so:

Raymond>Osborn>Jefferson

.5 PPR

Pittman at New England
Godwin vs LA Rams
DJ Moore at Cincinnati
Lockett at Arizona

SIT ONE

Lockett has had GREAT games Vs Arizona in the past, Moore is looking better and Cincinnati’s CB’s are ailing, Godwin is getting targets, and Pittman has toughest matchup with a QB in his second start. Leaning towards sitting Pittman, but he’s ranked above them all currently on FBG’s.

Thanks as always!

.5 PPR

Pittman at New England
Godwin vs LA Rams
DJ Moore at Cincinnati
Lockett at Arizona

SIT ONE

Lockett has had GREAT games Vs Arizona in the past, Moore is looking better and Cincinnati’s CB’s are ailing, Godwin is getting targets, and Pittman has toughest matchup with a QB in his second start. Leaning towards sitting Pittman, but he’s ranked above them all currently on FBG’s.

Thanks as always!
I sit Pittman and don't even think twice. 9 targets was nice and all but Bill Belichick always brings special to noobie QBs. Obviously every situation is different but I view Indy as a big time "avoid" this week.

Hate to ask this question as it's a trade question and I don't want to pollute this thread so if you want to keep it as just WDIS questions, understood. Standard scoring.

RBs - D.Cook, K.Walker, D.Foreman, G.Edwards, K.Herbert, D.Harris
WRs - C.Lamb, AJ Brown, T.Boyd, C.Kirk, A.Lazard

Do you trade Cook and Lamb for CMAC and Evans? It has been offered to me already. I feel like it's almost a no-brainer, although I prefer Lamb to Evans quite a but as Bucs are imploding it seems and Evans is very hit or miss. That said, CMAC looks incredible and the only worry with him is injury.

Hate to ask this question as it's a trade question and I don't want to pollute this thread so if you want to keep it as just WDIS questions, understood. Standard scoring.

Do you trade Cook and Lamb for CMAC and Evans? It has been offered to me already. I feel like it's almost a no-brainer, although I prefer Lamb to Evans quite a but as Bucs are imploding it seems and Evans is very hit or miss. That said, CMAC looks incredible and the only worry with him is injury.
I'd take that deal pretty quick. Shanahan with a legit, 100% bona fide, super upper tier, Alpha, apex predator in his backfield? I'd do that.

Any chance you could get Elijah Mitchell on the wire? That would be helpful but I'd do it either way.

If you see this before kickoff Thursday. FFPC scoring:

I need TWO of the following:

B.Cooks vs Phi
C.Kirk vs LAV
D.Smith @ Hou(Gesicki is my TE)

B.Cooks vs Phi
C.Kirk vs LAV
IMO you can't trust Cooks. That team isn't very good, it's a brutal matchup and, while garbage time may be a legitimate consideration it probably means you didn't get squat for 3 quarters to get to garbage time in the first place. I mean with Nico Collins trending out this week, where else is Philadelphia going to rotate their coverage? Chris Moore? Jordan Akins? Bevin Jordan (Bevin?)...I'll stop when I get to a name anyone has heard of...OJ Howard!!! Finally.

Of course, anything can happen, he could go for 180 & 3 TDs. But given the choice between that and 5 for 43 & 0, I'm betting the latter.

Once again, things I didn’t anticipate asking earlier in the year (in part, because I only recently acquired Brady):

12 team PPR, .3 PPC, all TD 6 pts, Ru1st .1

Tom Brady Vs LAR
Justin Fields vs MIA

Currently have Fields in the lineup

Same League, need a RB2 with Stevenson at RB1 & Barkley on a BYE.
Jamaal Williams Vs GB w/Swift still gimpy
AJ Dillon at DET

Same league - need a flex:
AJ Dillon at DET
Josh Palmer at Falcons
Gabe Davis at Jets

Currently have Dillon - hoping this is finally a game where GB will be able to run 73x.

Also, is benching Gabe Davis to start both Dillon & Palmer crazy talk?

Is it crazy to start Jamaal Williams at RB2?

Just not feeling like maybe the Bills don’t need a ton of Davis to win.

Last edited:

B.Cooks vs Phi
C.Kirk vs LAV
I think this one's an automatic. Kirk + Smith

Cooks is pissed he didn't get traded and allegedly has a hurt wrist - one that wasn't hurt enough to "like" 50 or so trade rumor tweets about himself, and type a pissed off trade on the twitters.

Makes him very hard to trust in FF lineups, IMO.

I smash accept as fast as possible.

.5 PPR

Pittman at New England
Godwin vs LA Rams
DJ Moore at Cincinnati
Lockett at Arizona

SIT ONE

Thanks as always!
I sit Pittman, and it's an easy call.

Colts are falling apart & Pittman is a primary victim. Sucks - I have him in a league I can't afford to bench him (lack the depth + BYE for others) but if I could bench him I would.

0.5 ppr;

Boyd vs panthers or

I like Boyd with Chase still out.

Juju could have a huge week or disappear entirely. I don't know if TEN is going to be scoring a ton of points, which could limit KC's need to do the same. Also, TEN loves to control clock with Henry.

Feel like Cinci is going to be airing it out a little more, and even if they air it out the same as KC, there are just so many targets in KC to bank on a 3rd straight big game from Juju.

Maybe it's a coin flip. I'd hate to recommend benching Juju coming off of 2 good games, but that's my thought process at least.

Only TNF decision, half PPR - start Sanders @ Texans (TNF) or Stevenson vs Colts? Am moderately favoured

I think the half PPR probably swings it in favor of Stevenson. Sanders has been running well and I actually think with how poor Houston are against the run, might see Philly really run up the score via the ground game this week. Shame you can't start both but I lean RS personally.

Only TNF decision, half PPR - start Sanders @ Texans (TNF) or Stevenson vs Colts? Am moderately favoured

I think the half PPR probably swings it in favor of Stevenson. Sanders has been running well and I actually think with how poor Houston are against the run, might see Philly really run up the score via the ground game this week. Shame you can't start both but I lean RS personally.

Have Kamara and am loaded at WR so never starting both

I like Stevenson in this format. Sanders usage is a hit less predictable, and this is a Colts team that should be dominated by the Pats, leading to another run-heavy script.

Stevenson has been too good and too consistent to bench. Sanders touches and production have both tapered off and he seems a bit less plug and play than he did earlier in the season.

Once again, things I didn’t anticipate asking earlier in the year (in part, because I only recently acquired Brady):

12 team PPR, .3 PPC, all TD 6 pts, Ru1st .1

Tom Brady Vs LAR
Justin Fields vs MIA

Currently have Fields in the lineup

Same League, need a RB2 with Stevenson at RB1 & Barkley on a BYE.
Jamaal Williams Vs GB w/Swift still gimpy
AJ Dillon at DET

Same league - need a flex:
AJ Dillon at DET
Josh Palmer at Falcons
Gabe Davis at Jets

Currently have Dillon - hoping this is finally a game where GB will be able to run 73x.

Also, is benching Gabe Davis to start both Dillon & Palmer crazy talk?

Is it crazy to start Jamaal Williams at RB2?

Just not feeling like maybe the Bills don’t need a ton of Davis to win.
I have no problem with Fields ATM. Plus matchup at home and he has a reasonable floor because of his running ability. Brady will have a great game at some point, possibly this week but why risk it?

Fields>Brady

Personally I play Jamaal & Gabe Davis, but can understand starting Dillon over one of them. Not sure which one I would bench though. You drafted Davis for the upside, knowing there would be down weeks. If you don't need your home run threat this week send him to the bench. Jamaal is going to get 15 or so opportunities and all the goal line stuff, he's your floor guy but also has plenty of TD upside.

Last week was Dillon's best performance since week one and it amounted to 11 touches for 63 yards. I believe in starting anyone you can against the Lions so if you want to believe this is Dillon's big game then put him. But I still feel that, after 8 weeks we are chasing rainbows with Dillon. If I were to ride Dillon, I would probably bench Davis.

Palmer isn't even on my radar, way too much downside and you have better options.

Jamaal>Davis>Dillon>>Palmer

Palmer isn't even on my radar, way too much downside and you have better options.

Allen missed practice again. In a plus matchup the Chargers starting WR tandem may be Palmer/Carter.

That’s why he’s an option.

ETA: now Allen is saying his hammy got worse during the BYE. If Allen is out, Palmer is their WR1

Last edited:
Good problem to have, so make your decision and be confident it was a good one.

Sanders only down side(s) is (are) he isn't terribly involved in the passing game and, the Eagles seem willing to rest him if the game is out of hand.

Rhamondre has received 8 targets two games in a row, even better is one was a bad loss and the other a pretty smooth victory so it's not necessarily game script dependent production. It is also two consecutive games where Damien Harris has been healthy and both games he was an afterthought.

IMO the stars are lining up a tad better for:
Rhamondre>Sanders

Allen missed practice again. In a plus matchup the Chargers starting WR tandem may be Palmer/Carter.

He's been without Williams or Allen for all but one game this season and so far, bupkis. Maybe without both things will change, or maybe Ekeler puts up 200 & 3 scores.

Either way, I'm not parking Gabe Davis, or Jamaal, or almost anyone going against Detroit in the garage based on the hope that Palmer finally does something nice.

He's been without Williams or Allen for all but one game this season and so far, bupkis. Maybe without both things will change, or maybe Ekeler puts up 200 & 3 scores.

Either way, I'm not parking Gabe Davis, or Jamaal, or almost anyone going against Detroit in the garage based on the hope that Palmer finally does something nice.
Fair.

Also I face Eke in 2 leagues so I hope he doesn’t do anything resembling that.

Nice. Palmer it is…I’m in a 12 team 0.5 ppbupkis and I’ll slide him in my flex 💪

Nice. Palmer it is…I’m in a 12 team 0.5 ppbupkis and I’ll slide him in my flex 💪
I actually think he’s a potential breakout if Allen and Williams are both out.

As of now he’s on my bench, but full PPR o could see myself swapping out Dillon for hi if the mood strikes

Okay, I'll kick it off.

Super-Flex, PPR League

Goff v GBP
Dalton v BAL

FLEX:
Kenyan Drake @ NO
Gus Edwards @ NO
Khalil Herbert v Miami

Goff and herbert

Half PPR flex position:
a hobbled Jonathan Taylor v. Patriots
or Gabe Davis v. NYJ

in fairness probably should be looking at Thur/Fri practice before making any call

Pick 3 rbs from

Jones @ det
Sanders @ hou
Stevenson vs ind
Walker @ arz
Sorry but I don't remember your league format. PPR?

Great options but it seems very clear to me.

I bench Miles Sanders on the premise that Houston will roll and Scott/Gainwell will see more time.

Half PPR flex position:
a hobbled Jonathan Taylor v. Patriots
or Gabe Davis v. NYJ

in fairness probably should be looking at Thur/Fri practice before making any call
You do need to wait but, ATM even if he's healthy I am hating the Colts at Indy.

Davis is a tough substitution call for a guy like Taylor but he has as much upside as any player in the league and it's not like Taylor has done anything worth making him a lineup lock every week.

ATM:

Davis>Taylor

Users who are viewing this thread