What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 09 2023 who should I start thread **OFFICIALLY UNOFFICIAL** (1 Viewer)

Flex Spot Full PPR
Henderson v GB
Singletary v TB
TIA for the help.
I think it has to be Henderson. Singletary has played all season and it isn't like he has been lighting it up or anything. The Texans are just a poor running team.

The Rams haven't been great but they seem to like feeding their RBs near the goal line and that counts for something. I don't think that philosophy changes if Stafford misses the game and Green Bay isn't good enough on defense to simply stifle them all day regardless.

Henderson>Singletary

1/2 Pt PPR- bottom of barrel as McCaffrey on bye, Achane and Herbert on IR.
my choices are..
McKinnon vs Miami
Ahmed vs KC
Dowdle vs Philly

yes gross…hoping for a TD
Hoping for a TD? In that case I begrudgingly say McKinnon because, occasionally he has that kind of game.

I don't like Ahmed with Mostert a full go and Wilson also active and the Philly game doesn't feel like one where Dowdle will get much opportunity.

McKinnon>Dowdle>Ahmed

But really you know it's a total guess.

my choices are..
McKinnon vs Miami
Ahmed vs KC
Dowdle vs Philly

Hoping for a TD? In that case I begrudgingly say McKinnon because, occasionally he has that kind of game.

I don't like Ahmed with Mostert a full go and Wilson also active and the Philly game doesn't feel like one where Dowdle will get much opportunity.

McKinnon>Dowdle>Ahmed

But really you know it's a total guess.
Thanks…yeah feel the same 100% if McKinnon is active as CEH is all ready ruled out.

Need a WR. PPR league.

* J. Njigba @BALT -- Not a great matchup. Lockett and Metcalf cleared for takeoff. That guy Bobo in the mix as well.

* W. Dale Robinson @LV -- D. Jones back. Not sure if that's good or bad. Had eyes for Robinson before getting hurt. With D. Waller out, there could be a volume opportunity for Robinson. LV statistically tough against the pass. Could be a lot of Barkley here.

* K. Shakir @Cinci -- Had 6 for 90+ last week. Surprise. D. Knox being out clearly had something to do with it, but it could also be a shift in philosophy of throwing short and taking what the D gives you. No idea if this is the start of a trend or just a blip on the radar.

Honestly, I'd love 10+ points out of one of these guys.

Note: I'd have to drop J. Njigba for one of the other two.

Which one?

Thanks!
I think Njigba is probably the choice here. He has really come on the past two games and seems to be a more consistent part of the offense than the others.

Shakir had six consecutive games with 0 (week 1) or 1 (weeks 2-6) target. 10 targets the last two games is nice but feels like an aberration.

Last I saw the Raider game was still off the board in Vegas and I think that's smart. It did seem that Jones likes Wan'Dale and in a PPR that has value. The Giants are also without Waller so there isn't much behind Wan'Dale for targets. He could be a nice volume play and would definitely be my second choice. Personally I am expecting some kind of bump from the Raiders defense, Davante & Jacobs this week. They won't be good enough to stifle the Giants entirely but if they knock Jones out of the game, which I see as a possibility, you are stuck with [checks PFR] Tommy DeVito at QB and he throws the ball about as well as Danny DeVito.

Wan'Dale is fine but he carries more risk for a floor that is maybe only marginally better than Njigba with less upside.

Njigba>Wan'Dale>Shakir

PPR league

After a full practice on Friday Jerome Ford is again on my radar.

Jerome Ford v Ari
Rashee Rice v Miami
Zay Flowers v Sea

Currently rolling with Rice

Need 1 RB in a NON-PPR league...

Jerome Ford v Ari
D. Henderson @ GB
I'm risking it with Ford ATM. He was a full go in practice today in a plus matchup and he's simply a better back than Henderson ever was.

The Rams definitely utilize their RBs near the GL and you could argue if Stafford is out they will.try to run a lot but I think that is probably the Browns game plan too with Deshaun still dealing with a shoulder issue. And the Browns have an excellent o-line.

Unless there is a setback
Ford>Henderson

.5 PPR need one for flex

Puka - @ aLambeau w/Rypien? not sure now
Zay - vs Seattle
Cooks - Eagles secondary can be had

PPR-need one.
Dotson at NE
G. Edwards vrs. Seattle
Seattle has a good run defense and they got stronger with the addition of Williams. However it really seems like the Ravens have committed to Gus and despite the changes to the offensive scheme the Ravens are still a run first team.

I like Dotson and he also seems to be coming on but I am curious how the team responds to having a fire sale on the defensive line. The obvious argument is worse defense = more passing. It also means less ToP. I also view the Commanders as very volatile on offense in general and a lesser team like Washington, on the road in New England still gives me pause. Even in PPR format.

Gus>Dotson

PPR league

Jerome Ford v Ari
Rashee Rice v Miami
Zay Flowers v Sea

Man, I like all three tbh.

Ford should get plenty of touches as they should roll against Zona but a worry of re-injury looms.
Rice should be in a shootout but being WR1 for KC is not like a normal WR1. Mahomes loves to spread the rock unless Kelce is on the field.
Flowers should also have a good game based on usage, but will the game get out of reach for him to hit double digits in pts.

Ford>Rice>>>Flowers.

.5 PPR need one for flex

Zay - vs Seattle
I'm going with Zay here with Stafford either very hindered in his throwing hand or on the bench entirely.

Cooks has TDs in two straight but he has been a four target guy (literally) in every game but one (seven in week two @ Arizona). He's fine but I don't see the upside and he has a low floor.

Zay has been solid and flashes occasionally. He is the #1 target on the team. The TDs are definitely a disappointment but, of your options he checks the most boxes.

Zay>Puka>Cooks

Standard scoring, need 2

Kupp @ Packers - yeah I know it's Kupp but if Stafford doesn't play...
J.Addison @ Falcons - not great matchup and no Cousins. Bench him and see how this plays out?
D.Swift vs Cowboys - Been pretty good but this doesn't feel like a good one
C.Olave vs Bears - so hard to trust, not even 1 td this year but inviting matchup
N.Collins vs Bucs - Stroud has cooled off big time it seems

At TE:

TE - start T.Hill or pickup and start Kmet? Both playing in same game.

Thanks!

12 team PPR
Mostert vs KC or Edwards vs Seattle
I think I have to go with Mostert here. He has a TD in six of eight games, three multi TD games, three 100+ yard games, three games with three or more receptions, five games over 5 ypc etc. He brings a lot of scoring consistency regardless of the matchup.

Gus has been very good recently and his usage has trended up (although his snap share really hasn't) but he hasn't brought the same consistency and I don't see the Seattle matchup as being appreciably better than KC.

I think I go with the trends here
Mostert>Gus

.5 PPR Pick 2

M. Thomas vs CHI
D. Douglas vs WAS
Puka @ GB

Defense

NYJ vs LAC
LAC @ NYJ
ATL vs MIN
I'm benching Douglas. I get it, he's the last man standing in New England. I guess I could see him outperform Puka if Stafford is out but I just have trouble relying on that to the point of benching a guy who has seen so much consistent volume and has one of the best offensive schemers in football behind him.

Thomas has been a pillar of consistency. He'll see 8 targets and get you 50-60 yards with a little TD upside. I have no idea if Douglas can even do that

Bench Douglas IMO

Flip a coin on defense. They're random number generators. Of the options I probably play the Jets because I think they have the most talent. But really, no idea.

ETA: @hamsterdam Are the Raiders available on your WW? I like the defense to have a post McDaniels bump this week, particularly if Evan Neal and Andrew Thomas both don't play (both are Q).

Last edited:
Standard scoring, need 2

J.Addison @ Falcons - not great matchup and no Cousins. Bench him and see how this plays out?
C.Olave vs Bears - so hard to trust, not even 1 td this year but inviting matchup

At TE:

Thanks!
I'm starting Swift and not regretting it. He's having a very good season, is used in the passing game a lot and plays for the highest scoring offense, by a wide margin, of all your options.

The other option is much tougher. Since it's not PPR I think you have to be wary of Kupp for sure. Addison maybe less so considering the Falcons got torched for four TDs by Levis. But I had literally never even heard of Jaren Hall before last Sunday so I just can't come up with an expectation for him.

Collins has fallen off a long with Stroud. I have been suggesting that defenses have enough film on Stroud now to scheme against him better. But that goes both ways, it's on the Texans to respond. Collins has long ball game changing ability so I wouldn't dismiss him at all. I just wish he had consistently higher volume.

Volume is definitely not an issue for Olave who is seeing 10 per game pretty consistently. He has one TD BTW. But the efficiency metrics are disappointing. Heck, they're terrible. His 57.1% catch rate is worst among the 15 receivers seeing 9+ targets/game. Garrett Wilson is more efficient, barely (57.4%) and he has Zack Wilson at QB. Derek Carr is, and has always been horrible close to the goal line, but between the 20s he has always been great. For some reason that isn't translating with Olave. With all that said Olave represents the best combination of talent, QB and matchup available to you.

It's close between Collins and Olave IMO but
Swift>Olave>Nico

Taysom should officially change his name to "Chasing Points". How many weeks has this guy ruined after his annual big game? Still, if you're up for the risk, and aren't averse to starting two Saints I think he's a reasonable risk going against this Bears team.

With zero confidence
Taysom>Kmet

.5 PPR..I’m favored by 9 points.

Tyler Lockett @ Baltimore
DJ Moore @ New Orleans

Thanks!!
In full PPR I might be tempted by Moore but he's not seeing the target share from Bagent that I had hoped so it comes down to hoping for a TD. In that situation I'll put more faith in Geno than Bagent.

Lockett>Moore

I want to start Diontae against the titans on Thursday but who do you bench?
Kupp vs Green Bay
G Wilson vs chargers MNF
Evans vs Houston

Or use him as flex over K Walker (bal), Henry (pit), ekeler (NYJ) or Barkley? (LV)?

🤷‍♂️
I don't start Diontae. Probably under any circumstance with your options but particularly not with Pickett having a rib injury that makes it difficult to torque his throws.

Why are you eager to start him?
Does your answer change at all with Rypien? Could also start Metcalf over Kupp or Diontae.
Well, Pickett allegedly is a full go tonight and Stafford has missed two straight practices, I think Rypien is now a likely start. That puts Diontae and Kupp on a similar level as they both are probably in line for double digit targets. I guess have more faith in Pickett to give Diontae slightly better targets than Rypien can for Kupp.

Diontae>Kupp

ETA: Sorry, forgot Metcalf was also an option. I think DK is just a good play most weeks even if he is having a down year so far. He's tough to figure out, as is the entire Seattle offense at this point. If you want to wait on Stafford's status DK is a great fallback option as I would definitely start him over Kupp if Rypien is playing.

Between Diontae tonight & DK, I am a little nervous about Diontae but...with very little confidence I think I stick with Diontae.
I started Diontae. 😎
So now I get to decide whether to bench kupp for Metcalf, Lockett (just traded for him), or K Walker all against Baltimore (obviously). I’m starting Garrett Wilson.
I’m favored but playing the #2 team in the league who I expect to be better than sleeper projects.

Need a WR in a PPR league.

* J. Njigba @BALT - Not a great matchup. Apparently BALT CB for slot is one of the worst matchup. Lockett and Metcalf taken off the injury report.

* K. Shakir vs CINCI -- Has done nothing all year, but minus D. Knox moved to 11 personel and went 6-92. Unclear if this is the start of a trend, but points should be scored in this game and Cinci covering the slot is a weakness.

* W. Robinson @LV -- D. Waller out so there is some volume to fill here. D. Jones back, but this offense stinks. Still, Robinson could get PPR volume.

Which?

Thanks

Pick a mediocre QB (1QB, 4pt passing TD)

G.Smith @ Bal
Z.Wilson vs LAC
D.Jones @ LV
A.O'Connell vs NYG

I think Z.Wilson has the best matchup (and isn't traveling across the country for a road game), but I'm having a hard time pulling the trigger.

Need 1 PPR flex

A. Jones - if the "cut him loose this week" is true, he is the guy
Ford- easy matchup, which one will get goal line looks and more of the 2nd half reps?
Hunt- easy matchup, which one will get goal line looks and more of the 2nd half reps?

I want to start Diontae against the titans on Thursday but who do you bench?
Kupp vs Green Bay
G Wilson vs chargers MNF
Evans vs Houston

Or use him as flex over K Walker (bal), Henry (pit), ekeler (NYJ) or Barkley? (LV)?

🤷‍♂️
I don't start Diontae. Probably under any circumstance with your options but particularly not with Pickett having a rib injury that makes it difficult to torque his throws.

Why are you eager to start him?
Does your answer change at all with Rypien? Could also start Metcalf over Kupp or Diontae.
Well, Pickett allegedly is a full go tonight and Stafford has missed two straight practices, I think Rypien is now a likely start. That puts Diontae and Kupp on a similar level as they both are probably in line for double digit targets. I guess have more faith in Pickett to give Diontae slightly better targets than Rypien can for Kupp.

Diontae>Kupp

ETA: Sorry, forgot Metcalf was also an option. I think DK is just a good play most weeks even if he is having a down year so far. He's tough to figure out, as is the entire Seattle offense at this point. If you want to wait on Stafford's status DK is a great fallback option as I would definitely start him over Kupp if Rypien is playing.

Between Diontae tonight & DK, I am a little nervous about Diontae but...with very little confidence I think I stick with Diontae.
I started Diontae. 😎
So now I get to decide whether to bench kupp for Metcalf, Lockett (just traded for him), or K Walker all against Baltimore (obviously). I’m starting Garrett Wilson.
I’m favored but playing the #2 team in the league who I expect to be better than sleeper projects.
Picking between DK & Lockett is almost impossible but I like both more than Kupp if Stafford is out even in a PPR format. Between the two my gut call is Lockett but that is said with zero confidence or true logic behind it.

Walker complicates things. I don't see him on any practice reports which makes me think he will go back to being a 20 touch guy, but I do have a bit of hesitation behind that call just because of the way he came off the report last week and what his usage was. I don't think Charbonnet is taking away his job or significant snaps if Walker is healthy I just don't have true confidence that he is actually healthy. I probably wait a week on him.

Lockett>DK>Kupp

G.Smith @ Bal
Z.Wilson vs LAC
D.Jones @ LV
A.O'Connell vs NYG

I think Z.Wilson has the best matchup (and isn't traveling across the country for a road game), but I'm having a hard time pulling the trigger.
Gotta be Geno IMO, he's just the better player and has the best supporting cast. I wish that offense were performing better and it wasn't a seemingly tough roadie in Baltimore but I can't make a reasonable argument for any of your other options over him.

Jones can run but has been awful and I am not convinced the neck injury isn't easily reaggravated.

I love Zach because of his Cinderella story but you're lucky if you even get 200 yards from him let alone multiple TDs.

O'Connell is nice and my #2 on this list. I do think the Raiders play well and take the win this week but I am not sure I can count on him to out produce Geno. It's a good matchup at home and I think the Giants defense may be a little demoralized after the team traded Leonard Williams but I am not sure that is enough to rely on. I think the Raiders win with defense and Jacobs. Davante should get peppered with a bunch of targets so maybe he can break one or two off but, again I don't think it is enough to supplant the fact that Geno is just the best player of the bunch.

Geno>O'Connell>Joones>Zach

Need 1 PPR flex

Ford- easy matchup, which one will get goal line looks and more of the 2nd half reps?
Hunt- easy matchup, which one will get goal line looks and more of the 2nd half reps?
I want to believe in Jones this week but I simply do not have confidence in his health. If he is healthy he is the clear choice but I think we saw last week that the downside is pretty significant.

I have no problem recommending Ford here because it's a great matchup and his injury clearly wasn't as bad as originally suggested. He did log a full practice yesterday and doesn't have a designation. Of course neither did Aaron Jones last week. I think an ankle is easier to recover from and play through than a hamstring injury, like Jones has, but there is still a small concern of reaggravation. People are concerned that Ford may have lost some of his role to Strong or Hunt because he got one carry on the first drive and didn't see another snap until the end of the third quarter. I view that differently. Hunt and Strong carried the load early but when it came to crunch time (the score was 20-17 CLE with 1:22 left in the third) the team went with their best back and he saw 10 of his 11 opportunities from that point forward. I think Ford is the starter and lead back.

With that being said Hunt is probably the safe bet here. There is a chance the Browns roll the Cards and maybe Ford gets some rest. Even if they don't roll them, it is reasonable to expect the Browns will have a couple scoring opportunities near the GL and I believe Hunt is their guy in that situation (inside the 5 Hunt has 4 carries to 1 for Ford). I don't think he has near the ceiling of a guy like Ford, who has two plays of 69 yards so far this season, but he has very good TD upside and is a marginally safer bet based on health.

Really your decision comes down to your risk aversion. From my perspective the best balance of risk/reward is
Ford>Hunt>Jones

I feel like this one is fairly obvious, but curious if you have a reason to go against the grain.

Godwin @HOU or Dotson @NE

Need 1 PPR flex

I want to believe in Jones this week but I simply do not have confidence in his health. If he is healthy he is the clear choice but I think we saw last week that the downside is pretty significant.

I have no problem recommending Ford here because it's a great matchup and his injury clearly wasn't as bad as originally suggested. He did log a full practice yesterday and doesn't have a designation. Of course neither did Aaron Jones last week. I think an ankle is easier to recover from and play through than a hamstring injury, like Jones has, but there is still a small concern of reaggravation. People are concerned that Ford may have lost some of his role to Strong or Hunt because he got one carry on the first drive and didn't see another snap until the end of the third quarter. I view that differently. Hunt and Strong carried the load early but when it came to crunch time (the score was 20-17 CLE with 1:22 left in the third) the team went with their best back and he saw 10 of his 11 opportunities from that point forward. I think Ford is the starter and lead back.

With that being said Hunt is probably the safe bet here. There is a chance the Browns roll the Cards and maybe Ford gets some rest. Even if they don't roll them, it is reasonable to expect the Browns will have a couple scoring opportunities near the GL and I believe Hunt is their guy in that situation (inside the 5 Hunt has 4 carries to 1 for Ford). I don't think he has near the ceiling of a guy like Ford, who has two plays of 69 yards so far this season, but he has very good TD upside and is a marginally safer bet based on health.

Really your decision comes down to your risk aversion. From my perspective the best balance of risk/reward is
Ford>Hunt>Jones
Thanks for the detailed reply. Even though I'm the #1 seed I go against the #2 seed who has great matchups vs my team with bad matchups and players dealing with horrible QB's this week. May lean Jones for the upside "if" it seems like all systems go vs not knowing which Brown RB will be the one this week.

I need 2 out of Puka, Kupp , Downs, Doubs and Osborn. Puka and Downs both Q, Stafford likely out. I have nobody to sub in for Downs in the late window.

Pretty sure I’ll start Kupp but not wild about 2 Rams with a backup QB. Actually it’s all bad or backup qb in the early group

Standard scoring non-ppr league. I need two out of this group, with at least one being an RB.
Having a balanced team is both a blessing and a curse. It helps during bye weeks, injuries, etc., but when all are healthy(ish), it makes lineup decisions tough.

A. Jones vs LAR - Jones looked great in week 1 and not the same since. Is he finally ready to take on a bigger load?
Z. Moss vs CAR - Still has a place in this offense but Taylor is ramping up; CAR is last against the run
J. Ford vs ARI - Took 1 snap and didn't play again until the 4th qtr; can he be trusted this week as the RB1?
M. Pittman vs - Still getting volume at the WR1
T. Lockett vs BAL - Had a good game last week on my bench and performed poorly the week prior when Metcalf was out. A dice roll

As of now, I'm leaning toward Jones and Moss.

Again, two from this bunch with at least 1 being a RB.
Personally, I'd go all-in on Indy with Pittman and Moss.

Here's one:
FFPC scoring:
Byes and injuries have me digging pretty low to find a final flex:
Opinions on the following,I need ONE:

S.Moore vs Mia
C.Samuel(if healthy) @ N.E.
A.Lazard vs LAC
I'd go Lazard.

10-team PPR. 5 WRs for 4 spots. Who sits?

Adams vs. NYG with AOC at QB
Addison @ ATL with Dobbs or someone else at QB
Kupp @ GB with a gimpy Stafford or someone else at QB
R. Rice vs. MIA (Mahomes!)
D. Smith vs. DAL (Hurts!)
I'd sit Rice. I think he is the least locked into targets, and even though those targets are from the best QB, I think he's the sit.

2 week question really. 1QB. 6pts any TD. Bonus for 300yd & 400yds passing. Also 40yd & 50yd TD pass. Who would you prefer for next 2wks...

Howell vs NE & SEA

Carr vs CHI & MIN

Can't hold both & if Fields ain't back, I'll need one next week also. Good QBs on bye next week & I'm too far down the waiver order to expect to get whoever I kick to the curb back. Appreciate the feedback in advance. Ranking have them close to even & figured I'd ask here before flipping a coin.
I trust Howell more than Carr.

Herbert or Stroud? 6pt TD
Herbert over Stroud regardless of opponent.

Speaking of Stroud, how about:

Stroud vs Bucs
Howell vs Pats

Stroud has been pretty mid the last 3 games (only hit 15 points once) and Howell is coming off a monster game, maybe the WFT has figured something out.

(4 pt td, 2 pt bonus for 300 yd)
I'll say Stroud here. I think he's due for a solid game.

Half ppr

Pop Douglas vs was
Rice vs Mia
I'd take a flier on Douglas

Non-PPR. Pick two
  • Brian Robinson @ NE
  • Moss @ CAR
  • Henderson @ GB
  • Freeman @ GB
Leaning BRob and Moss because I don't know if I trusted that LA situation even before Stafford went down.

Moss feels like driving a car where the gas gauge is on empty but it somehow keeps going. I've been sitting him ever since Taylor came back, and it keeps costing me. So if I start him this week it will definitely mean that Taylor is getting all the touches.

BRob has become the quintessential RB2. Doesn't really crap the bed, doesn't blow up. Just gets his 70 or so YFS and you hope he falls into the end zone.
I'd go Moss and Henderson. I think GB's defense is going to struggle even without Stafford.

In a 2 player keeper league with bye week issues (McCaffery, Mitchell, Ridley and Jameson Williams all on bye). Playing the top competition for the #1 seed. I'm stuck choosing between Jeff Wilson (vs KC) and Roschon Johnson (vs NO) in the flex, in half PPR. There are free agents like Demercado (vs Cle), Demairo Douglas (vs Was), Shaheed (vs Chi), Doubs (vs LAR) and Freeman (vs PHI)....but I feel iffy about dropping anyone for them.
I'd go with Freeman over Wilson.

Let's try this one:
FFPC scoring:
Need ONE of the following:

T.Lockett @ Balt
R.Shaheed vs Chi
D.Schultz vs TB
With Pierce and Woods out, I think Schultz is probably the play.

I need help bad this week! Playing against the #1 team (highest scorer and undefeated)

I need 2 WRs and a flex for a full ppr league, out of this mediocrity:

Puka @ GB (hammy and no Stafford)
M Thomas v CHI (NOS Offense stinks, hurt?)
Gabe Davis @ CIN (Boom or bust)
R Rice v MIA (KC O and his name isn’t Travis)
Lockett @ BAL (limited with hammy)
J Palmer at NYJ (high ceiling, maybe? loooow floor)

Tony Pollard (Philly homer- hate rooting for him fantasy wise vs my best beloved. Plus, PHI D is gonna shut him down and I can’t even count on PPR points)
100% starting Pollard over those guys.

I'd go with Puka and Lockett at WR.

Guillotine league. non-ppr, need help selecting three WRs

1. Diggs is in
  2. G Wilson also likely in
  3. C Kupp with injured Stafford or Brett Rypien.

Very short bench has only other WR Aiyuk on bye, but I could swap out Kupp or Wilson for Nico Collins or Amari Cooper.

Stick with top three or drop Kupp or Wilson for Collins or Cooper?
I'd stick with those 3.

.5 ppr

Need 1 RB and 1 Flex out of this bunch

Z Moss @ CAR
Robinson @ NE
Hunt vs ARZ
Stevenson vs WAS
Lockett @ BAL
Cooper vs ARZ
I'd go Stevenson and Moss

Here’s a weird one:

PPR flex: R. White (vs. MIN) or Pitts (@HOU and assuming London sits)

White isn’t doing anything in the running game but heavily in the passing game. If London sits, have to think Pitts will finally get more involved in the passing game.

Leaning White for more guaranteed volume, but it’s closer than it should be based on the lackluster Tampa running game.
I think I'd stick with White. In theory Pitts should be more involved, but I feel like he's more in an I'll believe it when I see it category.

1.0PPR, 6/TD

I have K. Allen (LAC) currently in my lineup, but the jets matchup has me spooked... to the point I'm considering putting in T. McLaurin (WSH) instead. Would I be crazy for sitting a stud going up against Sauce?
I wouldn't bench Keenan Allen if he were facing prime Revis, and Sauce isn't THAT good.

So I am trying to corner the market on 2nd half WR that goes off

Need 2 - .5 PPR

Watson v LAR
Rice v Mia
D Douglas v Wash
Gabe at Bengals
Shaheed v Bears

Plus QJ, JSN neither of who I am going to start
I'd go Davis and Douglas.

Jahan Dotson against the patriots or jakobi Meyers against the giants?
I'd roll Meyers and hope the offense rebounds in a solid matchup.

Puka @ GB
OR
Ford vs. AZ

Flex spot, PPR, Bonuses @ 100 yards rec and rush, Bonuses for long TDs. thanks
Its close, but I think Ford would be my call here.

Flex Spot Full PPR
Henderson v GB
Singletary v TB
TIA for the help.
I think Singletary is the call here. This is his shot to make a run at the starting job in my opinion.

my choices are..
McKinnon vs Miami
Ahmed vs KC
Dowdle vs Philly

McKinnon

Need a WR. PPR league.

* J. Njigba @BALT -- Not a great matchup. Lockett and Metcalf cleared for takeoff. That guy Bobo in the mix as well.

* W. Dale Robinson @LV -- D. Jones back. Not sure if that's good or bad. Had eyes for Robinson before getting hurt. With D. Waller out, there could be a volume opportunity for Robinson. LV statistically tough against the pass. Could be a lot of Barkley here.

* K. Shakir @Cinci -- Had 6 for 90+ last week. Surprise. D. Knox being out clearly had something to do with it, but it could also be a shift in philosophy of throwing short and taking what the D gives you. No idea if this is the start of a trend or just a blip on the radar.

Which one?

Thanks!
I think I'd stick with JSN.

I feel like this one is fairly obvious, but curious if you have a reason to go against the grain.

Yeah, Godwin does seem like the better option overall. Plenty of talent, far more consistent team, he's improving on his season averages over the last four games (trending up) and has a similar matchup.

The promise of Dotson if the Commanders offense is clicking is significant but they have been very inconsistent overall and with Dotson's usage specifically. And even if it is clicking does he really have more upside than Godwin?

Godwin>Dotson

Yeah, Godwin does seem like the better option overall. Plenty of talent, far more consistent team, he's improving on his season averages over the last four games (trending up) and has a similar matchup.

The promise of Dotson if the Commanders offense is clicking is significant but they have been very inconsistent overall and with Dotson's usage specifically. And even if it is clicking does he really have more upside than Godwin?

Godwin>Dotson
Thanks Chaka. Reality check ✔️

I need 2 out of Puka, Kupp , Downs, Doubs and Osborn. Puka and Downs both Q, Stafford likely out. I have nobody to sub in for Downs in the late window.

Pretty sure I’ll start Kupp but not wild about 2 Rams with a backup QB. Actually it’s all bad or backup qb in the early group
PPR?

If so, yes on Kupp and on only starting one Rams WR. If you're going to bank on only one it's gotta be Kupp.

If you are truly concerned about Downs not playing, I'm not, then I think Doubs is the clear option. Unfortunately not a great QB situation but Love is generally good for two TDs and even with lesser usage Doubs seems to have a decent sized role in the RZ.

I simply cannot project Minnesota this week with Hall at QB. So KJ is out in my book.

Again, if this is PPR , I prefer Downs to Doubs but you do assume an additional risk with the injury, so the question is about your risk aversion. For me Doubs is close enough to Downs to not worry too much about it. In a vacuum, however I think Downs>Doubs this week.

Kupp>Downs>Doubs>Puka>KJ

.5 ppr

Z Moss @ CAR
Robinson @ NE
Hunt vs ARZ
Stevenson vs WAS
Lockett @ BAL
Cooper vs ARZ

Here’s a weird one:

White isn’t doing anything in the running game but heavily in the passing game. If London sits, have to think Pitts will finally get more involved in the passing game.

Leaning White for more guaranteed volume, but it’s closer than it should be based on the lackluster Tampa running game.
I think I'd stick with White. In theory Pitts should be more involved, but I feel like he's more in an I'll believe it when I see it category.

1.0PPR, 6/TD

I have K. Allen (LAC) currently in my lineup, but the jets matchup has me spooked... to the point I'm considering putting in T. McLaurin (WSH) instead. Would I be crazy for sitting a stud going up against Sauce?
I wouldn't bench Keenan Allen if he were facing prime Revis, and Sauce isn't THAT good.

Need 2 - .5 PPR

Watson v LAR
Rice v Mia
D Douglas v Wash
Gabe at Bengals
Shaheed v Bears

Puka @ GB
OR
Ford vs. AZ

Flex Spot Full PPR
Henderson v GB
Singletary v TB
TIA for the help.
I think Singletary is the call here. This is his shot to make a run at the starting job in my opinion.

my choices are..
McKinnon vs Miami
Ahmed vs KC
Dowdle vs Philly

McKinnon

Need a WR. PPR league.

Which one?

Thanks!
Thanks. On JSH, just read this on the matchup. In short, not good:

WR JAXON SMITH-NJIGBA, SEATTLE SEAHAWKS VS. CB ARTHUR MAULET, BALTIMORE RAVENS

First-round rookie slot receiver Jaxon Smith-Njigba has played very well in recent weeks, but D.K. Metcalf’s (79.0 PFF receiving grade, hip/ribs) return to the lineup signals a 70.0%-plus receiving-snap matchup against Baltimore’s lockdown slot defensive back tandem. Baltimore cornerback Arthur Maulet (62.7 PFF coverage grade) and safety Kyle Hamilton (76.1 PFF coverage grade) render Smith-Njigba a shaky half-PPR WR4/5.

Smith-Njigba ran routes at a 45.8% slot pre-snap alignment rate with Metcalf out of the lineup in Week 7 (63.6 PFF receiving grade, 2.74 yards per route run), but his 72.7% slot rate in Weeks 6 and 8 accurately reflect his intended role in head coach Pete Carroll’s offense.

While Smith-Njigba’s play has significantly improved since Weeks 1-5 (50.1 PFF receiving grade), he has yet to rise to a matchup-proof level.

The table below ranks in parentheses Maulet's and Hamilton's slot receiver-coverage data among 31 defensive backs with at least 50 slot coverage snaps.

Arthur MauletKyle Hamilton
PFF Coverage Grade55.9 (No. 18)62.6 (No. 12)
Catch % Allowed66.7% (T-No. 11)66.7% (T-No. 11)
Yards Allowed Per Coverage Snap1.19 (No. 10)0.69 (No. 1)
15-Plus-Yard Allowed %1.8% (No. 4)0.0% (No. 1)

Smith-Njigba should be left on Week 9 fantasy football benches.

PPR?

If so, yes on Kupp and on only starting one Rams WR. If you're going to bank on only one it's gotta be Kupp.

If you are truly concerned about Downs not playing, I'm not, then I think Doubs is the clear option. Unfortunately not a great QB situation but Love is generally good for two TDs and even with lesser usage Doubs seems to have a decent sized role in the RZ.

I simply cannot project Minnesota this week with Hall at QB. So KJ is out in my book.

Again, if this is PPR , I prefer Downs to Doubs but you do assume an additional risk with the injury, so the question is about your risk aversion. For me Doubs is close enough to Downs to not worry too much about it. In a vacuum, however I think Downs>Doubs this week.

Kupp>Downs>Doubs>Puka>KJ
Appreciate the response. It's non-PPR fwiw. And I'm with you on KJ with a rookie backup QB. At least I know Kupp will get targets.

As I said, my only hesitation with Downs is that if he's a late scratch, I'm boned. Unless I either:
  • Pick up a FA like Marshall, Campbell or Zacchaeus (literally the top 3 projected FA WRs in the 4PM and later windows)
  • Start Downs and Doubs and bench Dalton Kincaid, and then be able to swap him back in
Well, I have another 20 hours before I have to decide.

PPR league

Jerome Ford v Ari
Rashee Rice v Miami
Zay Flowers v Sea

I'd go with Flowers. He's been a consistent target who is coming off his 1st bad week of the season.

Need 1 RB in a NON-PPR league...

Jerome Ford v Ari
D. Henderson @ GB
I'd lean toward Henderson. Just think he's a safer bet workload wise.

PPR-need one.
Dotson at NE
G. Edwards vrs. Seattle
I think you keep riding the Gus Bus.

.5 PPR need one for flex

Zay - vs Seattle
I'd go with Zay. Wouldn't be shocked if Seattle/Baltimore were a sneaky shootout.

12 team PPR
Mostert vs KC or Edwards vs Seattle
Mostert is a must start while Achane is out in my opinion.

.5 PPR Pick 2

M. Thomas vs CHI
D. Douglas vs WAS
Puka @ GB

Defense

NYJ vs LAC
LAC @ NYJ
ATL vs MIN
Puka and Thomas

Falcons D against Hall

Standard scoring, need 2

At TE:

Thanks!
Swift and Kupp would be my choices. I'd prefer if Stafford played, but Kupp is still facing an awful secondary.

I'd go Hill over Kmet. FAR higher ceiling.

.5 PPR..I’m favored by 9 points.

Tyler Lockett @ Baltimore
DJ Moore @ New Orleans

Thanks!!
I think DJ Moore is the option I'd roll with.

G.Smith @ Bal
Z.Wilson vs LAC
D.Jones @ LV
A.O'Connell vs NYG

I'd go with Daniel Jones. OL is getting healthy, and Raiders are a great matchup.

Need 1 PPR flex

Don't trust him at all, but I think Jones is worth the risk.

Yeah, no reason not to go Godwin.

Its not ideal, but I'd go with both Rams WRs. Packers D is awful.

Flex decisions this week. .5 ppr

Team 1:

Hunt v. Stevenson

Team 2:
Pachecho v. Nacua
Stevenson and Pacheco.

Injuries and byes,last three options for a final flex:
FFPC scoring:
Need ONE:

A.Lazard vs LAC
S.Moore vs Mia
C.Otton @ Hou

Flex decisions this week. .5 ppr

Team 1:

Hunt v. Stevenson

Team 2:
Pachecho v. Nacua
The Commanders defense is definitely not good and they got worse. I wonder what the mood is in the locker room after dealing Sweat & Young. Who knows, they may have been locker room cancers. Still it does present an opportunity for Stevenson. The problem is, how can you trust that guy at this point? He has had an objectively bad year. Over his last four games he's averaging barely 14 opportunities (rush+targets) for 57 yards and 0.25 TD/game. It's hardly inspiring. We can make the argument with the loss of Bourne & Parker the Patriots will lean on the running game more. Sure, that makes sense and if we know it then the Commanders know it too. The best thing going for the Patriots is the Commanders have the 31st scoring defense so maybe they can put up some points. Maybe this is Rhamondre's return to form and maybe, maybe, maybe. We just have no clue.

Hunt isn't particularly interesting on the surface but he is the Browns GL back (4 carries inside the 5 to 2 for Strong and 1 for Ford) and, since it looks like Clayton Tune is starting the Browns could be presented with multiple scoring opportunities. He isn't being used so much as a pass catcher but over the last three games, with Ford in the lineup, he is getting 14 opportunities for 56 yards and has 4 total TDs.

He may not have Stevenson's upside (does Stevenson have upside?) but he seems to have a similar floor and a better chance to find the end zone.

If you need to target a big day then I guess I would go with Stevenson but I think that objectively
Hunt>Stevenson

I mean
Pacheco>Puka
Right? I'll take the lead back in a Mahomes led offense in a big game over the Rams #2 WR with Brett Rypien at QB. If it was full PPR I may, possibly reconsider but, no.

.5 ppr

Z Moss @ CAR
Robinson @ NE
Hunt vs ARZ
Stevenson vs WAS
Lockett @ BAL
Cooper vs ARZ

Here’s a weird one:

1.0PPR, 6/TD

Need 2 - .5 PPR

Watson v LAR
Rice v Mia
D Douglas v Wash
Gabe at Bengals
Shaheed v Bears

Puka @ GB
OR
Ford vs. AZ

Flex Spot Full PPR
Henderson v GB
Singletary v TB
TIA for the help.

my choices are..
McKinnon vs Miami
Ahmed vs KC
Dowdle vs Philly

McKinnon

Need a WR. PPR league.

Which one?

Thanks!
Thanks. On JSH, just read this on the matchup. In short, not good:

WR JAXON SMITH-NJIGBA, SEATTLE SEAHAWKS VS. CB ARTHUR MAULET, BALTIMORE RAVENS

First-round rookie slot receiver Jaxon Smith-Njigba has played very well in recent weeks, but D.K. Metcalf’s (79.0 PFF receiving grade, hip/ribs) return to the lineup signals a 70.0%-plus receiving-snap matchup against Baltimore’s lockdown slot defensive back tandem. Baltimore cornerback Arthur Maulet (62.7 PFF coverage grade) and safety Kyle Hamilton (76.1 PFF coverage grade) render Smith-Njigba a shaky half-PPR WR4/5.

Smith-Njigba ran routes at a 45.8% slot pre-snap alignment rate with Metcalf out of the lineup in Week 7 (63.6 PFF receiving grade, 2.74 yards per route run), but his 72.7% slot rate in Weeks 6 and 8 accurately reflect his intended role in head coach Pete Carroll’s offense.

While Smith-Njigba’s play has significantly improved since Weeks 1-5 (50.1 PFF receiving grade), he has yet to rise to a matchup-proof level.

The table below ranks in parentheses Maulet's and Hamilton's slot receiver-coverage data among 31 defensive backs with at least 50 slot coverage snaps.

Arthur MauletKyle Hamilton
PFF Coverage Grade55.9 (No. 18)62.6 (No. 12)
Catch % Allowed66.7% (T-No. 11)66.7% (T-No. 11)
Yards Allowed Per Coverage Snap1.19 (No. 10)0.69 (No. 1)
15-Plus-Yard Allowed %1.8% (No. 4)0.0% (No. 1)

Smith-Njigba should be left on Week 9 fantasy football benches.
You seem very concerned with this play. I hope you make the right call.

I stand by my original suggestion.

PPR?

Kupp>Downs>Doubs>Puka>KJ
Appreciate the response. It's non-PPR fwiw. And I'm with you on KJ with a rookie backup QB. At least I know Kupp will get targets.

As I said, my only hesitation with Downs is that if he's a late scratch, I'm boned. Unless I either:
  • Pick up a FA like Marshall, Campbell or Zacchaeus (literally the top 3 projected FA WRs in the 4PM and later windows)
  • Start Downs and Doubs and bench Dalton Kincaid, and then be able to swap him back in
Well, I have another 20 hours before I have to decide.
I don't have much problem swapping Kincaid for either of those guys. Again, they are all very close and Doubs could easily have a better day than Downs. I just like that Downs seems to be getting consistent usage and production over his last four games. But Doubs is a fine substitute for him.

Kincaid is difficult to project after only one game without Knox and that game just seemed like a deviation from the norm for the Bills but it is tough not to be a little excited about Kincaid and I agree with taking the chance and trying to capture some magic in a bottle.

Injuries and byes,last three options for a final flex:
FFPC scoring:
Need ONE:

A.Lazard vs LAC
S.Moore vs Mia
C.Otton @ Hou
LOL! I love your posts because they really strain my ability to find logical conclusions.

Because it's FFPC I think I like Otton. He consistently gets more targets than the other two, he has a much better QB than Lazard and Skyy feels like an after thought in that offense. Cade will get 5-6 looks and catch 3-4 for maybe 50 yards and change with at least as much chance at a TD as the other two.

Lazard could break one off as Wilson will put up 50/50 balls but I don't like hoping for the big play as pretty much the sole path to relevance.

Yes Skyy could have one of those games against Miami but I don't like trying to capture it when he is, effectively the fifth read in that offense. And he only has a catch rate of 51.9%.

Otton>Lazard>Moore

Grupe or Bass? Or Dustin (he's available in my league).
In the future please include matchup information. I couldn't tell you who Grupe or Dustin play for ATM. Honestly never heard of Grupe before your post.

I think it comes down to Gurpe or Hopkins as I think Cleveland and New Orleans have good chances at winning. I am not sure if there are any weather concerns in Cleveland but Gupre plays in a dome which is a nice benefit. Hopkins is a little more accurate

Ultimately kickers are random number generators but in this case I think I'll take the guy in the dome
Guper>Hopkins>Bass

In the future please include matchup information. I couldn't tell you who Grupe or Dustin play for ATM. Honestly never heard of Grupe before your post.

I think it comes down to Gurpe or Hopkins as I think Cleveland and New Orleans have good chances at winning. I am not sure if there are any weather concerns in Cleveland but Gupre plays in a dome which is a nice benefit. Hopkins is a little more accurate

Ultimately kickers are random number generators but in this case I think I'll take the guy in the dome
Guper>Hopkins>Bass
Gotcha, sorry about that.

Guper>Hopkins>Bass
Gotcha, sorry about that.
No worries. It just makes the process a bit easier.

All good.

Users who are viewing this thread