What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 09 2023 who should I start thread **OFFICIALLY UNOFFICIAL** (1 Viewer)

.5 ppr

Need 1 RB and 1 Flex out of this bunch

Z Moss @ CAR
Robinson @ NE
Hunt vs ARZ
Stevenson vs WAS
Lockett @ BAL
Cooper vs ARZ
I'd go Stevenson and Moss

Here’s a weird one:

PPR flex: R. White (vs. MIN) or Pitts (@HOU and assuming London sits)

White isn’t doing anything in the running game but heavily in the passing game. If London sits, have to think Pitts will finally get more involved in the passing game.

Leaning White for more guaranteed volume, but it’s closer than it should be based on the lackluster Tampa running game.
I think I'd stick with White. In theory Pitts should be more involved, but I feel like he's more in an I'll believe it when I see it category.

1.0PPR, 6/TD

I have K. Allen (LAC) currently in my lineup, but the jets matchup has me spooked... to the point I'm considering putting in T. McLaurin (WSH) instead. Would I be crazy for sitting a stud going up against Sauce?
I wouldn't bench Keenan Allen if he were facing prime Revis, and Sauce isn't THAT good.

So I am trying to corner the market on 2nd half WR that goes off

Need 2 - .5 PPR

Watson v LAR
Rice v Mia
D Douglas v Wash
Gabe at Bengals
Shaheed v Bears

Plus QJ, JSN neither of who I am going to start
I'd go Davis and Douglas.

Jahan Dotson against the patriots or jakobi Meyers against the giants?
I'd roll Meyers and hope the offense rebounds in a solid matchup.

Puka @ GB
OR
Ford vs. AZ

Flex spot, PPR, Bonuses @ 100 yards rec and rush, Bonuses for long TDs. thanks
Its close, but I think Ford would be my call here.

Flex Spot Full PPR
Henderson v GB
Singletary v TB
TIA for the help.
I think Singletary is the call here. This is his shot to make a run at the starting job in my opinion.

1/2 Pt PPR- bottom of barrel as McCaffrey on bye, Achane and Herbert on IR.
my choices are..
McKinnon vs Miami
Ahmed vs KC
Dowdle vs Philly

yes gross…hoping for a TD
McKinnon

Need a WR. PPR league.

* J. Njigba @BALT -- Not a great matchup. Lockett and Metcalf cleared for takeoff. That guy Bobo in the mix as well.

* W. Dale Robinson @LV -- D. Jones back. Not sure if that's good or bad. Had eyes for Robinson before getting hurt. With D. Waller out, there could be a volume opportunity for Robinson. LV statistically tough against the pass. Could be a lot of Barkley here.

* K. Shakir @Cinci -- Had 6 for 90+ last week. Surprise. D. Knox being out clearly had something to do with it, but it could also be a shift in philosophy of throwing short and taking what the D gives you. No idea if this is the start of a trend or just a blip on the radar.

Honestly, I'd love 10+ points out of one of these guys.

Note: I'd have to drop J. Njigba for one of the other two.

Which one?

Thanks!
I think I'd stick with JSN.
Thanks. On JSH, just read this on the matchup. In short, not good:

WR JAXON SMITH-NJIGBA, SEATTLE SEAHAWKS VS. CB ARTHUR MAULET, BALTIMORE RAVENS

First-round rookie slot receiver Jaxon Smith-Njigba has played very well in recent weeks, but D.K. Metcalf’s (79.0 PFF receiving grade, hip/ribs) return to the lineup signals a 70.0%-plus receiving-snap matchup against Baltimore’s lockdown slot defensive back tandem. Baltimore cornerback Arthur Maulet (62.7 PFF coverage grade) and safety Kyle Hamilton (76.1 PFF coverage grade) render Smith-Njigba a shaky half-PPR WR4/5.

Smith-Njigba ran routes at a 45.8% slot pre-snap alignment rate with Metcalf out of the lineup in Week 7 (63.6 PFF receiving grade, 2.74 yards per route run), but his 72.7% slot rate in Weeks 6 and 8 accurately reflect his intended role in head coach Pete Carroll’s offense.

While Smith-Njigba’s play has significantly improved since Weeks 1-5 (50.1 PFF receiving grade), he has yet to rise to a matchup-proof level.

The table below ranks in parentheses Maulet's and Hamilton's slot receiver-coverage data among 31 defensive backs with at least 50 slot coverage snaps.

Arthur MauletKyle Hamilton
PFF Coverage Grade55.9 (No. 18)62.6 (No. 12)
Catch % Allowed66.7% (T-No. 11)66.7% (T-No. 11)
Yards Allowed Per Coverage Snap1.19 (No. 10)0.69 (No. 1)
15-Plus-Yard Allowed %1.8% (No. 4)0.0% (No. 1)

Smith-Njigba should be left on Week 9 fantasy football benches.
You seem very concerned with this play. I hope you make the right call.

I stand by my original suggestion.
Yeah, I am.

This data is compelling. Just don't see much of a ceiling here. Think I'm going to flip a coin on the other two.

Flex decisions this week. .5 ppr

Team 1:

Hunt v. Stevenson

Team 2:
Pachecho v. Nacua
The Commanders defense is definitely not good and they got worse. I wonder what the mood is in the locker room after dealing Sweat & Young. Who knows, they may have been locker room cancers. Still it does present an opportunity for Stevenson. The problem is, how can you trust that guy at this point? He has had an objectively bad year. Over his last four games he's averaging barely 14 opportunities (rush+targets) for 57 yards and 0.25 TD/game. It's hardly inspiring. We can make the argument with the loss of Bourne & Parker the Patriots will lean on the running game more. Sure, that makes sense and if we know it then the Commanders know it too. The best thing going for the Patriots is the Commanders have the 31st scoring defense so maybe they can put up some points. Maybe this is Rhamondre's return to form and maybe, maybe, maybe. We just have no clue.

Hunt isn't particularly interesting on the surface but he is the Browns GL back (4 carries inside the 5 to 2 for Strong and 1 for Ford) and, since it looks like Clayton Tune is starting the Browns could be presented with multiple scoring opportunities. He isn't being used so much as a pass catcher but over the last three games, with Ford in the lineup, he is getting 14 opportunities for 56 yards and has 4 total TDs.

He may not have Stevenson's upside (does Stevenson have upside?) but he seems to have a similar floor and a better chance to find the end zone.

If you need to target a big day then I guess I would go with Stevenson but I think that objectively
Hunt>Stevenson

I mean
Pacheco>Puka
Right? I'll take the lead back in a Mahomes led offense in a big game over the Rams #2 WR with Brett Rypien at QB. If it was full PPR I may, possibly reconsider but, no.
That is basically where I'm living on Stevenson. Does he REALLY have upside? I dunno....

Ike vs. Puca is, indeed, a full point per reception. I thought I included it in the post. I currently have Ike starting, but kinda wanted someoneto talk me out of it. 🫠

Flex decisions this week. .5 ppr

Team 1:

Hunt v. Stevenson

Team 2:
Pachecho v. Nacua
The Commanders defense is definitely not good and they got worse. I wonder what the mood is in the locker room after dealing Sweat & Young. Who knows, they may have been locker room cancers. Still it does present an opportunity for Stevenson. The problem is, how can you trust that guy at this point? He has had an objectively bad year. Over his last four games he's averaging barely 14 opportunities (rush+targets) for 57 yards and 0.25 TD/game. It's hardly inspiring. We can make the argument with the loss of Bourne & Parker the Patriots will lean on the running game more. Sure, that makes sense and if we know it then the Commanders know it too. The best thing going for the Patriots is the Commanders have the 31st scoring defense so maybe they can put up some points. Maybe this is Rhamondre's return to form and maybe, maybe, maybe. We just have no clue.

Hunt isn't particularly interesting on the surface but he is the Browns GL back (4 carries inside the 5 to 2 for Strong and 1 for Ford) and, since it looks like Clayton Tune is starting the Browns could be presented with multiple scoring opportunities. He isn't being used so much as a pass catcher but over the last three games, with Ford in the lineup, he is getting 14 opportunities for 56 yards and has 4 total TDs.

He may not have Stevenson's upside (does Stevenson have upside?) but he seems to have a similar floor and a better chance to find the end zone.

If you need to target a big day then I guess I would go with Stevenson but I think that objectively
Hunt>Stevenson

I mean
Pacheco>Puka
Right? I'll take the lead back in a Mahomes led offense in a big game over the Rams #2 WR with Brett Rypien at QB. If it was full PPR I may, possibly reconsider but, no.
That is basically where I'm living on Stevenson. Does he REALLY have upside? I dunno....

Ike vs. Puca is, indeed, a full point per reception. I thought I included it in the post. I currently have Ike starting, but kinda wanted someoneto talk me out of it. 🫠
My opinion on Pacheco v Puka doesn't really change in full PPR (you indicated it was 0.5 in your OP). Pacheco is seeing 3.8 targets and 3.5 receptions over the last four games as part of his 17 opportunities, with 2 total TDs.

Puka could definitely outperform him but Pacheco, IMO, is the "right" call. YMMV and you should go with your gut.

Kareem Hunt or Brian Robinson Jr? PPR
I'll go with Hunt. Robinson's utilization has been trending down and I don't quite trust the Commanders on the road in New England, particularly their [in]ability to run the ball.

Hunt looks to have some opportunities at the goal line and is getting a similar number of overall opportunities as Robinson recently.

Hunt>Robinson

PPR

Rashee Rice vs Mia
or
lockett vs Balt?
I'm very high on Rice ATM, I think he may be something special in this offense but I can't bring myself to start him over a guy like Lockett who is consistently seeing more utilization and putting up better numbers.

Lockett>Rice

PPR

Kyle Pitts vs min

or

Logan Thomas vs NE?
No idea but, at this point Pitts should have to prove himself before getting into your lineup. Thomas has simply been better and is in a much higher volume offense.

Thomas>Pitts

.3 PPR with scaled bonuses for long TD's 6-15 pts and yardage only 2 for 50-74, 3 for 75-99, 6 for 100-124 etc...so TD's rule
Please pick 2
Brian Robinson vs Patriots
Christian Watson vs Rams
Rashid Shaheed vs Bears (already leaning towards starting him)

Thank you

Standard scoring w/ full PPR.

RB x1

(who to pair w/ Mostert)
Robinson
Stevenson

TE x1
Kincaid (leaning)
Trey Mcbride

Flex x1
Josh Downs (was planning to roll w/ him but not sure w/ the later game)
RB or TE not selected above

Thank You

4.5 Pt passing TDs, .5 PPR

At QB2 in SuperFlex I need to pick between AOC or Rypien.

Or I could flex an additional RB2 from this list. (One has to actually start in my RB2 slot)

Gus Edwards
Kareem Hunt
D Henderson

.3 PPR with scaled bonuses for long TD's 6-15 pts and yardage only 2 for 50-74, 3 for 75-99, 6 for 100-124 etc...so TD's rule
Please pick 2
Christian Watson vs Rams

Thank you
Since there's long TD's I'd go Watson and Shaheed. B Rob seems majorly capped right now.

Chaka with Goff/Lawrence on bye, its my swing for the fences week at QB (6 pts per TD), who do you suggest:

B. Rypien vs Packers (if Stafford inactive)
Or
C.Tune vs Browns

I'm leaning Rypien once we know inactives as the Brown's defense is a killer...thoughts?

Please pick 2
Christian Watson vs Rams

Thank you
I'm not interested in Brian Robinson this week. Maybe the Commanders finally remember they are allowed to run the ball but until I see them actually do it Robinson seems like a low floor/middling ceiling kinda guy.

Between Robinson & Shaheed you're hoping for a big play and I agree with your conclusion. The advantage seems to be with Shaheed.

Shaheed>Watson>Robinson

Standard scoring w/ full PPR.

RB x1
(who to pair w/ Mostert)
Robinson
Stevenson

TE x1
Kincaid (leaning)
Trey Mcbride

Flex x1
Josh Downs (was planning to roll w/ him but not sure w/ the later game)
RB or TE not selected above

Thank You
Which Robinson? Brian or Bijan?

Bijan>Stevenson
Stevenson>Brian

Mostly because I expect New England to maybe win this game.

I'm not starting McBride with Clayton Tune getting his first start at Cleveland.

Kincaid>McBride

I haven't been tracking Downs's injury closely. Is there really a chance he doesn't play? I am reading he is expected to play

Downs>Br.Robinson>McBride

4.5 Pt passing TDs, .5 PPR

At QB2 in SuperFlex I need to pick between AOC or Rypien.

Or I could flex an additional RB2 from this list. (One has to actually start in my RB2 slot)

Gus Edwards
Kareem Hunt
D Henderson
Rypien has a lot more experience, a great offensive coach and two excellent WRs. He is probably the smart play.

I expect O'Connell to be pretty okay as well and he has Davante & Jacobs. I think he is a more interesting option with a good matchup and the expectation of a post McDaniels bump. But I wonder if that is simply because we know so little about him as a player?

It's a roll of the dice either way and I think they end the day with similar numbers so

O'Connell>Rypien

RB comes down to Gus or Hunt. They're both on run centric teams. And both get GL opportunities. Hunt has the much better matchup but maybe a little more competition.

They're truly very similar options so I think, IMO the matchup is the deciding factor.

Hunt>Gus

Chaka with Goff/Lawrence on bye, its my swing for the fences week at QB (6 pts per TD), who do you suggest:

B. Rypien vs Packers (if Stafford inactive)
Or
C.Tune vs Browns

I'm leaning Rypien once we know inactives as the Brown's defense is a killer...thoughts?
Rypien for sure. More experience, better coaching, better receivers, better matchup

Rypien>Tune

4/passing TD, PPR, pick one, need floor with Henry in the bank and Tua sucking so far:

Hall @ Falcons
Allgeier vs Vikings
Smith vs Vikings

Also quick PPR sanity check, assuming Stafford is out we go Hubbard vs Colts over Nacua (questionable) @ Packers?

2 QB league with 6pts/passing tds...

is it even worth considering starting Sam Howell @ Patriots over Justin Herbert @ NYJets?? Or am thinkingcrazy thoughts?

Last minute decision
Jerome Ford vs ARZ or Darrell Henderson @GB. 1ppr, 1pt per 5 carries, 1pt per 10 yd rush, 6pt TD, 1pt per 10 yd rec

Don't know why, but I'm struggling with my RB2 decision (full PPR):

C Hubbard vs IND
J Cook @ CIN
J Ford vs ARI

Leading Cook, although my gut keeps suggesting Hubbard...

Standard Scoring - 6 pts per TD

D Watson vs Arizona

or

Mayfield vs Houston?

My only other option is D Jones vs Las Vegas :sick:

Have ton's of leagues with some variation of Jerome Ford vs Darrel Henderson vs Demario Douglass. All PPR.

Anyone stand out for anyone good or bad?

4/passing TD, PPR, pick one, need floor with Henry in the bank and Tua sucking so far:

Hall @ Falcons
Allgeier vs Vikings
Smith vs Vikings

Also quick PPR sanity check, assuming Stafford is out we go Hubbard vs Colts over Nacua (questionable) @ Packers?
Really it's gotta be Hall. Too much downside to the others and too much potential ancillary production at the QB spot. He has the safer floor and higher ceiling.

Hall

2 QB league with 6pts/passing tds...

is it even worth considering starting Sam Howell @ Patriots over Justin Herbert @ NYJets?? Or am thinkingcrazy thoughts?
I get it but it's overthinking IMO. Howell absolutely could outperform Herbert, but even if he does Herbert is the call.

Herbert>Howell

Reactions: GPS
Last minute decision
Jerome Ford vs ARZ or Darrell Henderson @GB. 1ppr, 1pt per 5 carries, 1pt per 10 yd rush, 6pt TD, 1pt per 10 yd rec
I'll roll the dice on Ford. The injury wasn't as bad as feared and he was the crunch time RB in the fourth quarter last week. I think his job is secure and he has a great matchup.

Ford>Henderson

Hall @ Falcons
Allgeier vs Vikings
Smith vs Vikings

Forgot about Hubbard.

I guess he has safer touches but he still hasn't been very good. I could see Puka have a decent PPR game even with Rypien. It's a coin flip IMO.

Without confidence I lean
Hubbard>Nacua

Don't know why, but I'm struggling with my RB2 decision (full PPR):

C Hubbard vs IND
J Cook @ CIN
J Ford vs ARI

Leading Cook, although my gut keeps suggesting Hubbard...
Gonna copy paste what I said a few posts above

I'll roll the dice on Ford. The injury wasn't as bad as feared and he was the crunch time RB in the fourth quarter last week. I think his job is secure and he has a great matchup

Standard Scoring - 6 pts per TD

D Watson vs Arizona

or

Mayfield vs Houston?

My only other option is D Jones vs Las Vegas :sick:
Watson has a great matchup but I don't trust the shoulder or his heart if I'm being honest.

Baker is all heart and may not have Watson's ceiling (if Watson even has one anymore) but he seems like he's good for at least 220 & 1.5 with room for more considering the Bucs weak run game.

I like Jones in fantasy because of his mobility but I don't trust his neck.

Mayfield>Watson

Have ton's of leagues with some variation of Jerome Ford vs Darrel Henderson vs Demario Douglass. All PPR.

Anyone stand out for anyone good or bad?
Ford stands out to me gonna quote my post from above

I'll roll the dice on Ford. The injury wasn't as bad as feared and he was the crunch time RB in the fourth quarter last week. I think his job is secure and he has a great matchup.

Full PPR for WR, Half PPR for RB

Need two:

Christian Watson vs. LA Rams
Rashid Shaheed vs. Chicago
Demario Douglas vs. Washington
Darrell Henderson vs. Green Bay

I'm thinking Shaheed>Watson>Douglas>Henderson

Douglas is too risky a play, IMO. Talk me into the guy the rankings guys have ahead of Watson.

Do I start Singletary or Demario in a 12 team .5 ppr. Already had to start Spears since I wasn’t sure I’d reclaim Singletary.

Full PPR for WR, Half PPR for RB

Need two:

Christian Watson vs. LA Rams
Rashid Shaheed vs. Chicago
Demario Douglas vs. Washington
Darrell Henderson vs. Green Bay

I'm thinking Shaheed>Watson>Douglas>Henderson

Douglas is too risky a play, IMO. Talk me into the guy the rankings guys have ahead of Watson.
I like Shaheed over Watson. It's not chasing points IMO because bothe guys are really all about the big play and Shaheed has been doing it regularly, four games with a 40+ yard reception, 3 games with a TD, while Watson has not.

In a PPR against what looks like a bad defense that got worse Douglas should have some appeal for no other reason than he is kind of the last man standing. But, even though he could out perform Watson, I wouldn't start him over Watson.

Henderson is probably going to get a decent amount of work but, no I'm not terribly excited about starting him.

Ultimately Watson just has too much talent even with Love at QB.

Shaheed>Watson>Henderson>Douglas

Do I start Singletary or Demario in a 12 team .5 ppr. Already had to start Spears since I wasn’t sure I’d reclaim Singletary.
Pretty much a coin toss and I don't have a ton of faith in either.

I guess I lean Singletary because I don't trust a sixth round rookie WR whose only strength is being the last man standing.

Singletary>Douglas

Herbert or Stroud? 6pt TD
I don't see this as even remotely a debatable position.

Herbert>Stroud
:frown:
Week ain't over.

Ultimately it's a game of incomplete information and stuff happens, it doesn't mean you made the wrong decision.

Anyone who tells you they saw anything close to a 450+ 5 TD performance coming is trying to sell you something.

Stroud manager in our league is gonna lose by about 6 bc he started LJax

10/10 the right call, it happens

Users who are viewing this thread