What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 1 Questions for Bloom (2 Viewers)

Would you hold onto West/Forsett or pick up Spiller or Robert Kelly?  

Lineup up wise.  

Need 1 at the flex:  Decker, C. Michael, R. Jennings

At te:  Ebron or Allen (worried about Ebron's injuries and Allen having to block due to the terrible Ind. o-line

At flex need 1:  Lockett, Michael Floyd. John Brown, Crowell

Thanks Bloom

Hey Sig, 

FOOTBALL BAAAACK!!!

should I stick with Stafford based on his week 1 matchup and run the risk or someone else picking up Rivers 

or drop Stafford for Rivers and endure Rivers' week 1 matchup with KC?

thanks 

Would you hold onto West/Forsett or pick up Spiller or Robert Kelly?  

Lineup up wise.  

Need 1 at the flex:  Decker, C. Michael, R. Jennings

At te:  Ebron or Allen (worried about Ebron's injuries and Allen having to block due to the terrible Ind. o-line

At flex need 1:  Lockett, Michael Floyd. John Brown, Crowell

Thanks Bloom
spiller and forsett

decker in ppr jennings in non

allen

floyd

Are you ready for some football, Sig? Season non-ppr / TD heavy - Maclin or Baldwin, or Marvin Jones? Maclin is rated a tad higher, but me thinks Baldwin? Will plug in J Gordon later if necessary. Rank those four after suspension.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Bloom!  

Need a TE this week from the wire (i waived V Green; didn't like the match up :unsure: )

.5 ppr :Witten, Ebron, J. Cook.  I cant believe Witten is still there so I was leaning him; figured all 3 had a better match up than Virgil

.5 ppr B Marshall or Marv Jones?

Stafford or C Palmer? 

And if you see this before kick off I'm sitting Demaryius Thomas in favor of Crabtree and S Ware in the flex; .5 ppr  yeah or nay?  

Love your On the Couch podcasts; I look fwd to it all week. Keep up the good work.  Thanks!

Newton, Winston or Tyrod Taylor.  

CJ Anderson or Gore in standard scoring?

Thanks. 

Who to start in flex: (ppr league, we do get points for kick returns and punt returns)

Latavius Murray(have him in right now because of saints matchup) 

Demaryius Thomas 

DeMarco Murray

Tyler Lockett

Hey Sigmund, thanks for firing this up again.

Doubtful you'll get to this tonight but no worries, let me know what you think about the other three choices.

Full PPR, need to start one of these:

• Devin Funchess @ Denver
  • Michael Thomas v. Oakland
  • Will Fuller v. Chicago
  • Eli Rogers @ Washington
Thought process:

1. Funchess might see increased targets with Benjamin on a snap count, but I already have Olsen going. Not crazy about starting two Panthers.
  2. Now listed as a starter by a beat writer. Limited in practice (ankle) and listed as questionable.
  3. Great boom bust play, but my #1 pick was Hopkins. Still...
  4. Sneaky thought, but probably want to see something from him first.
Whatchagot?

Hey Bloom!  

Need a TE this week from the wire (i waived V Green; didn't like the match up :unsure: )

.5 ppr :Witten, Ebron, J. Cook.  I cant believe Witten is still there so I was leaning him; figured all 3 had a better match up than Virgil

.5 ppr B Marshall or Marv Jones?

Stafford or C Palmer? 

And if you see this before kick off I'm sitting Demaryius Thomas in favor of Crabtree and S Ware in the flex; .5 ppr  yeah or nay?  

Love your On the Couch podcasts; I look fwd to it all week. Keep up the good work.  Thanks!
cook

marshall

staff

thomas> crab

thanks!

Hey Sigmund, thanks for firing this up again.

Doubtful you'll get to this tonight but no worries, let me know what you think about the other three choices.

Full PPR, need to start one of these:

• Devin Funchess @ Denver
  • Michael Thomas v. Oakland
  • Will Fuller v. Chicago
  • Eli Rogers @ Washington
Thought process:

1. Funchess might see increased targets with Benjamin on a snap count, but I already have Olsen going. Not crazy about starting two Panthers.
  2. Now listed as a starter by a beat writer. Limited in practice (ankle) and listed as questionable.
  3. Great boom bust play, but my #1 pick was Hopkins. Still...
  4. Sneaky thought, but probably want to see something from him first.
Whatchagot?
lean fuller or thomas if he's ok tomorrow

Ppr, get rtn stats

Pick 2

Lockett vs mia

Or

Djax vs pitt

Or

Maclin vs sd

Bloom!  Excited football is back...

Need 1 of these guys - 

Jarvis Landry, Michael Floyd, Michael Thomas (assuming he plays).

Non-PPR league.

Thanks so much!

Hey Sig got a trade question, 14 team PPR league start 1QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 WR/RB flex

MY Team

QB: Brees, Flacco

RB: David Johnson, Rawls, Powell, Forsett

WR: Keenan Allen, Fitz, Lockett, Michael Thomas, Sharpe

TE: Thomas, Vance

Other team

QB: Big Ben

RB: Latavius Murray, Doug Martin, Sims, C-Mike

WR: Decker, Floyd, Sneed, Funchess, Coates

TE: Gronk, Cameron

they sniped C-Mike from me in the draft, offered Forsett for C-Mike they said no looking more for WR help but Also know they might trade Murray for Rawls.

Would you trade Rawls for Latavius?

Thanks Sig!

0.5 PPR league.

* K. Allen @ KC -- Rivers with horrible track record. TD probability low, but could get garbage points. See a decent floor, lousy upside.

OR

* M. Jones @INDY -- Great matchup in what should be a high scoring affair. That said, there is risk of the unknown with Jones and Boldin could steal thunder.

Get cute with Marvin or stand pat with Allen?

Thanks

0.5 PPR League.

* L. Murray @NO -- Great matchup, should get touches, but game script could go the wrong way if Brees and company get up quick. Not feeling the love across the expert landscape despite what looks to be a good spot for the OAK offense.

OR

* R. Jennings @DAL -- Decent matchup. Workhorse. DAL could limit opportunities with clock killing.

Which?

Thanks

4 pts per TD pass, 6 pts per TD rush. Otherwise standard QB scoring.

* M. Stafford @INDY -- A universal great play this week per like everyone.

OR

* T. Taylor @BALT -- Revenge game, lousy BALT back end, rushing points, etc.

Which?

Thanks

Hey Sig,

In a PPR league, who do you like more for RB2:

Foster (@ SEA), Bernard (@ NYJ) or Crowell (@PHI)

and do you like any more than M. Thomas (vs. OAK) for FLEX?

Keep up the good work on the podcasts - I listen to them every week. Thanks!

Hey Bloom, hope you had a great off season. By the way, thanks for all the great content this summer. I had no intention of doing a zero RB draft but the way it fell I couldn't pass up the WRs that were on the board. Really glad I had done some reading on this strategy so I could position myself well. You guys saved me big time.

Today I have a question about my flex for my 14 team 0.5 PPR league

Current lineup:

• QB: R. Wilson
  • RB: D. Williams
  • RB: S. Ware
  • WR: AJ Green
  • WR: D. Bryant
  • Flex: J. Maclin / D. Jackson / M. Thomas
  • TE: T. Kelce
After listening to the preview pods it sounds like you'd go Jackson. I was leaning that way too just because I also had Ware and Kelce.

Thoughts? Thanks in advance!

Hey Sig got a trade question, 14 team PPR league start 1QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 WR/RB flex

MY Team

QB: Brees, Flacco

RB: David Johnson, Rawls, Powell, Forsett

WR: Keenan Allen, Fitz, Lockett, Michael Thomas, Sharpe

TE: Thomas, Vance

Other team

QB: Big Ben

RB: Latavius Murray, Doug Martin, Sims, C-Mike

WR: Decker, Floyd, Sneed, Funchess, Coates

TE: Gronk, Cameron

they sniped C-Mike from me in the draft, offered Forsett for C-Mike they said no looking more for WR help but Also know they might trade Murray for Rawls.

Would you trade Rawls for Latavius?

Thanks Sig!
can you get deandre washington. inclined to say do it

0.5 PPR league.

* K. Allen @ KC -- Rivers with horrible track record. TD probability low, but could get garbage points. See a decent floor, lousy upside.

OR

* M. Jones @INDY -- Great matchup in what should be a high scoring affair. That said, there is risk of the unknown with Jones and Boldin could steal thunder.

Get cute with Marvin or stand pat with Allen?

Thanks
allen

0.5 PPR League.

* L. Murray @NO -- Great matchup, should get touches, but game script could go the wrong way if Brees and company get up quick. Not feeling the love across the expert landscape despite what looks to be a good spot for the OAK offense.

OR

* R. Jennings @DAL -- Decent matchup. Workhorse. DAL could limit opportunities with clock killing.

Which?

Thanks
murray

4 pts per TD pass, 6 pts per TD rush. Otherwise standard QB scoring.

* M. Stafford @INDY -- A universal great play this week per like everyone.

OR

* T. Taylor @BALT -- Revenge game, lousy BALT back end, rushing points, etc.

Which?

Thanks
staff

Hey Sig,

In a PPR league, who do you like more for RB2:

Foster (@ SEA), Bernard (@ NYJ) or Crowell (@PHI)

and do you like any more than M. Thomas (vs. OAK) for FLEX?

Keep up the good work on the podcasts - I listen to them every week. Thanks!
foster and bernard. thanks for the kind words!

Hey Bloom, hope you had a great off season. By the way, thanks for all the great content this summer. I had no intention of doing a zero RB draft but the way it fell I couldn't pass up the WRs that were on the board. Really glad I had done some reading on this strategy so I could position myself well. You guys saved me big time.

Today I have a question about my flex for my 14 team 0.5 PPR league

Current lineup:

• QB: R. Wilson
  • RB: D. Williams
  • RB: S. Ware
  • WR: AJ Green
  • WR: D. Bryant
  • Flex: J. Maclin / D. Jackson / M. Thomas
  • TE: T. Kelce
After listening to the preview pods it sounds like you'd go Jackson. I was leaning that way too just because I also had Ware and Kelce.

Thoughts? Thanks in advance!
jackson for sure

Hey Sig--stoked about this season & thanks for all you do for us!

PPR redraft:  Eli Rogers or Tyrell Williams?

Awesome, thanks man.

One other quick question, any RBs with upside that I should be snagging off the WW for a possible week 3 starter? I have D. Booker and J. Forsett. Prosise was just dropped too.
i like carrying alf and deandre washington

Users who are viewing this thread