What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 1 waiver targets (1 Viewer)

Chasing any Raven back right now is brave. We've seen this movie before.
Agreed, but it might make sense to let your leaguemates fawn over Hill/Edwards and then grab Gordon for nothing. They haven't shied away in the past from using guys that are long in the tooth but still turn out to be productive for them.

Is Keaton Mitchell out for the year - they put him on IR but was unsure if it is a season ender.

He is the ravens back to own if healthy, in my opinion.

Keaton is eligible to return after week 4.

Chasing any Raven back right now is brave. We've seen this movie before.
Agreed, but it might make sense to let your leaguemates fawn over Hill/Edwards and then grab Gordon for nothing. They haven't shied away in the past from using guys that are long in the tooth but still turn out to be productive for them.

Is Keaton Mitchell out for the year - they put him on IR but was unsure if it is a season ender.

He is the ravens back to own if healthy, in my opinion.

Keaton is eligible to return after week 4.
Can anyone give a scouting report on Mitchell? Seems like a real longshot, but you never know these days.

For me, this week 1 is going to make it a lot harder to stay patient on Likely's upside / opportunity assuming that Andrews returns.
That whole Likely buzz before week 1 was pretty weak stuff, IMO. Lamar had thrown to his TEs, yeah.

That was one offensive coordinator, one OBJ, and a Zay Flowers ago. Plus a healthy Bateman
Finally, even if most of his touches were in “garbage time”, newsflash, this won’t be the only week the Bears find themselves in that game script.

There were a lot of offenses with down days, but CHI looked like a mess kind of all over. Playcalling, blocking, everything. I'm not dying for Bears right now.
Flowers got so much attention over the middle that I'm now questioning Andrews.

Often there's only one target eating over the middle (well enough for FF).
Andrews wasn't there TO eat over the middle.

Gainwell now dealing with a rib? Is it just going to be Penny this week on the short week and Swift still is the passing down back who doesn't get work?
The whole world is going to chase Gainwell in waivers now. Probably #1 pickup.

Now he wont play.

Watch Penny get some run. He becomes the #1 waiver.

Swift...Gainwell...Penny...all of them.

I knew I wanted to avoid this.
Where did it say that?
Thanks. That's a lot different than "won't play".

Gainwell now dealing with a rib? Is it just going to be Penny this week on the short week and Swift still is the passing down back who doesn't get work?
The whole world is going to chase Gainwell in waivers now. Probably #1 pickup.

Now he wont play.

Watch Penny get some run. He becomes the #1 waiver.

Swift...Gainwell...Penny...all of them.

I knew I wanted to avoid this.
Where did it say that?
with luck his injury means people will avoid.
I need a #3 RB so if he misses week 2 its not the end of the world for me.

As a Kupp owner, what percent of my FAB should I spend to get Puka Nacua?

As a Kupp owner, you should have picked him up when it was clear Kupp wasn't going to play, for now, idk?
Captain Obvious with the assistance from hindsight... I appreciate your help.

I play in a league with shallow rosters and thought I had the fire power without rostering a 5th round flier on a team nobody thought would do s _ _ t. Alas, injuries being what they are - I have some spots coming available on my roster. Any insight on amount of FAAB I should throw at Nacua or would you prefer to wait until he is picked up and give me the answer?

J.Kelley just went for $87 of $100 FAAB in my 16 team league today....wow.

Next closest bid was $21..
Wow. It only takes one I guess. I run my faab money like I run my personal money. Cheaply. Maybe twice a year I bid 20 of the 100. Mostly I bid 2 bucks. I'm cheap.

Any value in River Cracraft for Braxton Berrious, as a Tyreek owner with an extra spot for a hand-cuff? Watching the game, it certainly seemed like Cracraft in particular was the Hill fill-in when he got winded.
No, I don’t think I would waste my time on those guys.

Any value in River Cracraft for Braxton Berrious, as a Tyreek owner with an extra spot for a hand-cuff? Watching the game, it certainly seemed like Cracraft in particular was the Hill fill-in when he got winded.
No, I don’t think I would waste my time on those guys.
Agreed. Having said that. Shout out to Braxton Berrios. My spot start of the century a few years back with the season on the line. Fist bump buddy. I'll never forget u .

For me, this week 1 is going to make it a lot harder to stay patient on Likely's upside / opportunity assuming that Andrews returns.
That whole Likely buzz before week 1 was pretty weak stuff, IMO. Lamar had thrown to his TEs, yeah.

That was one offensive coordinator, one OBJ, and a Zay Flowers ago. Plus a healthy Bateman
Finally, even if most of his touches were in “garbage time”, newsflash, this won’t be the only week the Bears find themselves in that game script.

There were a lot of offenses with down days, but CHI looked like a mess kind of all over. Playcalling, blocking, everything. I'm not dying for Bears right now.

I know

I know
Ok. Just weird that you'd question Andrews, do you see Balt doing something different with him when he returns?

For the low-rollers who want what's likely to be a free add, I'd look at Jake Ferguson. Where the spend-y adds at TE will definitely be Hurst and Henry (and maybe even Trautman); I think Ferguson is the sneaky play. He saw more targets than anyone on the team this week, and while I wouldn't expect that to be the norm, I do think he has a decent chance of being the number 2 look behind Lamb. Dak has a history of feeding tight ends, he/the coaches/and cowboys beats have been pumping him this offseason, and now he came out week 1 with 7 targets. For a free add, I think you can put a solid low end TE1 candidate on the bench. And with a lot of more highly drafted TEs suffering from being dinged up or underperforming (or just not being used *cough pitts cough*), wouldn't be shocked if he's starting in your lineups in another couple weeks.

I play in a league with shallow rosters and thought I had the fire power without rostering a 5th round flier on a team nobody thought would do s _ _ t. Alas, injuries being what they are - I have some spots coming available on my roster. Any insight on amount of FAAB I should throw at Nacua or would you prefer to wait until he is picked up and give me the answer?
it's going to take 50% minimum IMO. Ran waivers last night at halftime. $53 bought him each team has $100 for the season.
good luck & tell us what he went for.

As a Kupp owner, you should have picked him up when it was clear Kupp wasn't going to play, for now, idk?

I play in a league with shallow rosters

I don't know how shallow is shallow, that term varies from owner to owner, but if I'm drafting a 30+ year old wide receiver who missed half of the last season through injury, then got banged up in pre season, and there is a receiver on the same team who has got consistently great reports for the entirety of everything since the Senior Bowl, I'm not going into the 1pm games without Nacua on my roster. I took him in my dynasty draft in May, it's not captain hindsight, if you're asleep at the wheel it's on you

it's going to take 50% minimum IMO. Ran waivers last night at halftime. $53 bought him each team has $100 for the season.
good luck & tell us what he went for.
Concur, well tbh he was already owned in almost all my leagues. Even shallow rosters he was either drafted late or nabbed off waivers after the Kupp injury. But I'd imagine anywhere he's available it'll be a minimum 50% bid needed to get him. He's the epitome of the early season waiver add league winner. It's been my experience the people who spend big the first 2-3 weeks do much better than the ones who pinch pennies until late in the season. I'm sure everyone has their own experiences on that front though.

I know
Ok. Just weird that you'd question Andrews, do you see Balt doing something different with him when he returns?
I've just got a long history of being burned in FF with two targets over the middle on a team. I hope he shifts to be more outside when Andrews returns

Damn. Just raised my bid to $51 for Kyren. As an Akers owner.

I’ve also got Akers* and I’m a little worried as he was #15 on my DD rankings for RB. Will you walk me through your logic here? I ask because I’m reluctant to get too invested in one backfield where only one of the players might be useful to me. I don’t see starting them both.

*Fortunately he’s my RB3 behind CMC and Pollard. But I’m also going to make a strong play for Puka Nicua.

Michael Carter seems to me to be a guy to be traded soon. Colts maybe? who else needs a RB?
Michael Pittman will continue to shine as long as Indy has no RB to speak of.
SHH, I know he gets hurt a lot - but Logan Thomas is about to go nuts at the TE position. quietly had himself a good game, and Bienemy is really good ct calling plays to the TEs.
Tyjae Spears is only going to see his workload increase.
IS there a quality backup QB in Chicago?? this Fields nonsense cannot continue. he's just simply one of the worst starting QBs in the NFL.
Sam LaPorta

Do we prefer Williams or Kelley for the LA (albeit different teams) RBs?

I like Williams because he looked better than Akers. But Mcvay is notoriously odd when it comes to RB usage.

Kelley obvious second fiddle to Ekeler but Ek's ankle injury could open up huge usage for Kelley on a better offense.

25% for Williams and 35% for Kelley?

Do we prefer Williams or Kelley for the LA (albeit different teams) RBs?

I like Williams because he looked better than Akers. But Mcvay is notoriously odd when it comes to RB usage.

Kelley obvious second fiddle to Ekeler but Ek's ankle injury could open up huge usage for Kelley on a better offense.

25% for Williams and 35% for Kelley?

I have cascading bids for all them with JSS as the drop so only one will clear.

Nacua $53 (of $100)
Kelley $29
Williams $23

I don’t know if these are the right amounts.

For context…I have Akers as my RB3 (behind CMC and Pollard) and JWilliams as RB4 and JTaylor as RB5 so I’m already pretty strong here and I can play three as one is a Flex. I’m very weak at WR1/WR2/WR3 hence my priority to get Nacua where “overpaying” is less problematic from my perspective.

I welcome my thinking to be challenged.

Last edited:

Nacua $53 (of $100)
Kelley $29
Williams $23

For context…I have Akers as my RB3 (behind CMC and Pollard) and JWilliams as RB4 and JTaylor as RB5 so I’m already pretty strong here and I can play three as one is a Flex. I’m very weak at WR1/WR2/WR3 hence my priority to get Nacua where overpaying is less problematic from my perspective.

Nacua is a league winner if Kupp is out for more than 4 weeks, which I think is 50-50. Looking back I wish I would have bid $61. good luck & tell us what they went for.

Nacua $53 (of $100)
Kelley $29
Williams $23

For context…I have Akers as my RB3 (behind CMC and Pollard) and JWilliams as RB4 and JTaylor as RB5 so I’m already pretty strong here and I can play three as one is a Flex. I’m very weak at WR1/WR2/WR3 hence my priority to get Nacua where overpaying is less problematic from my perspective.

Nacua is a league winner if Kupp is out for more than 4 weeks, which I think is 50-50. Looking back I wish I would have bid $61. good luck & tell us what they went for.

Can you not change the bid amount…?

Damn. Just raised my bid to $51 for Kyren. As an Akers owner.

I’ve also got Akers* and I’m a little worried as he was #15 on my DD rankings for RB. Will you walk me through your logic here? I ask because I’m reluctant to get too invested in one backfield where only one of the players might be useful to me. I don’t see starting them both.

*Fortunately he’s my RB3 behind CMC and Pollard. But I’m also going to make a strong play for Puka Nicua.
My other RBs are CMC, Akers, Gibson, Mitchell, Achane and Tucker. So none of them really startable. I wouldn’t start both Akers and Kyren. I’d like to have one of them be startable. I thankfully picked up Puka in that league on Thursday. I also had Kyren last season in my IR spot and am still wondering why I drafted Akers this season after watching him last season.

One league waivers ran last night. Puka went for $21 ($100 cap). Next closest bid was $16.

Grab Mingo while everyone fights over puka. He has a big opportunity this year with a bunch of bums around him.

Young missed him on a 99 yard TD or he would be talked about on every single waiver article.

I highly doubt anyone in my leagues will bid for Mingo - I could drop Thielen for him.

I'm also strongly considering dropping Thielen for Shaheed or Puka and getting away from this WR corps altogether.

some of us picked up van jefferson, the supposed #1 wr instead.
To act like the Rams offense was a certainty and a "why didn't you draft Puka" with 4 bench spots or whatever your roster makeup is ridiculous. Let me completely ignore all logic and dive into this 5th round flier, is ridiculous. If you came into this season thinking Puka Nacua was going to have the best rookie WR performance, put your 2 weeks in and go get a job selling fantasy advice.

Nobody saw this coming week 1.

Not even the great @titusbramble regardless of what he will tell you.

One league waivers ran last night. Puka went for $21 ($100 cap). Next closest bid was $16.
Thanks man! Very appreciated... @titusbramble would like your league-mates cell phone number to reach out and ask why they didn't draft him in the first place.

Would you drop Ty Chandler for Roschon? I feel like the situation (if he were to get meaningful snaps/touches) is better on the Vikings but the nearer term path to relevance is of course with Roschon.

still wondering why I drafted Akers this season after watching him last season.

Akers was RB #15 on my DD draft board. Seemed like a reasonably safe bet on draft night. FBG now has him at RB #36 for the rest of the year. Seriously? I realize his yardage was light but he‘s tied for the lead in carries at 22.
Yeah, but look at when those carries came..... garbage time.
when the game outcome was still in doubt Kyren Williams got the carries.
Akers got about half his carries the last 2 drives of the game when everyone in the stadium knew they were gonna win.
that does not show that the coach believes in you. and the rumour last year was that he was in the doghouse. if true, this gives McVay all the reason he needs to give the starting role to someone else.
its not by any means a lock, but I do think his value has dropped for sure.

TE Premium PPR league and I’m likely going to put Trautman on the top of my list with Dulcich out multiple weeks and his history with Payton.

Next is probably Xavier Gipson since return yards are in play as well. Almost grabbed him last week and I should have. Something tells me he’ll find his way onto the offense some this year too and could become flex-able between those two.

still wondering why I drafted Akers this season after watching him last season.

Akers was RB #15 on my DD draft board. Seemed like a reasonably safe bet on draft night. FBG now has him at RB #36 for the rest of the year. Seriously? I realize his yardage was light but he‘s tied for the lead in carries at 22.
Yeah, but look at when those carries came..... garbage time.
when the game outcome was still in doubt Kyren Williams got the carries.
Akers got about half his carries the last 2 drives of the game when everyone in the stadium knew they were gonna win.
that does not show that the coach believes in you. and the rumour last year was that he was in the doghouse. if true, this gives McVay all the reason he needs to give the starting role to someone else.
its not by any means a lock, but I do think his value has dropped for sure.

Well maybe so. That’s a very big fall off in one week. I wonder why FBG had him so much higher pre-season?

Some positive thoughts for Akers

One could also take the stance that grinding out the clock is something the RB who the coach has the most trust gets.

Also most RBs don’t get a ton of yards in these situations as they know the run is coming, thus lowering his YPC.

anyone remember their first time in an FAAB league? How much do people spend? It’s our first year in a 12 team and id like to gauge how much to drop for Kyren. Have a $31 and a $21 bid currently.
In our league when we started doing FAAB people were very cheap - like $10 out of $100 was a big time high roller bid. If nobody in your league has used FAAB before, then they will probably not bid very high in week 1. But if a couple members play in multiple leagues and have used FAAB before, they might be bigger spenders.

How badly do you need an RB? Kyren could be a decent low-end RB2 but not likely to win the league for you. But if you just lost Dobbins and only have 2 other RB's on the roster then you probably need to spend whatever it takes.

anyone remember their first time in an FAAB league? How much do people spend? It’s our first year in a 12 team and id like to gauge how much to drop for Kyren. Have a $31 and a $21 bid currently.
In our league when we started doing FAAB people were very cheap - like $10 out of $100 was a big time high roller bid. If nobody in your league has used FAAB before, then they will probably not bid very high in week 1. But if a couple members play in multiple leagues and have used FAAB before, they might be bigger spenders.

How badly do you need an RB? Kyren could be a decent low-end RB2 but not likely to win the league for you. But if you just lost Dobbins and only have 2 other RB's on the roster then you probably need to spend whatever it takes.
I have no real RB2 as of week 2. Akers, Gibson, Mitchell, Achane, Tucker. I have a $31 and a $51 bid in for him currently. Price went up lol.

Some positive thoughts for Akers

One could also take the stance that grinding out the clock is something the RB who the coach has the most trust gets.

Also most RBs don’t get a ton of yards in these situations as they know the run is coming, thus lowering his YPC.
Jordan Mason from last year had 6 yards a carry in such situations

I like Kyren this week. Started the game for the Rams and out snapped Akers two fold. I
Really liked his cut back and pad level on his 7 yard td run as well. Good stuff

Users who are viewing this thread