What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 11 Weather Alerts - Buffalo game moved to Detroit (1 Viewer)

1. Do they honor all the BUF tickets in DET

2. If you can't make it to DET and you have a ticket....do you get a refund
Buffalo will give a refund or credit for season ticket holders. Detroit will probably sell tickets for cheap, possibly donate the proceeds.
Is that official?

I was planning on using our season tickets, but I suppose I'd come out ahead with a refund, and buying cheaper tickets sold by the Lions. It would also make it easier to get tickets with my neighbor and his son near me and my boys. What an odd way it worked out for our families here in MI.

Saw that the wind in BUF on Sunday is supposed to be in the 20- to 30-mph range. Would make for an old school running contest with hardly any passing if they actually play the game in Buffalo.
The worse the weather is supposed to be, the more I like Cleveland.

I'd be p.o'd if I was The Bills. I think they'll take it out on The Browns. Bills in a route,no mercy.

Saw that the wind in BUF on Sunday is supposed to be in the 20- to 30-mph range. Would make for an old school running contest with hardly any passing if they actually play the game in Buffalo.
The worse the weather is supposed to be, the more I like Cleveland.

Weather not a factor I presume.

Buffalo will give a refund or credit for season ticket holders. Detroit will probably sell tickets for cheap, possibly donate the proceeds.
Is that official?

I was planning on using our season tickets, but I suppose I'd come out ahead with a refund, and buying cheaper tickets sold by the Lions. It would also make it easier to get tickets with my neighbor and his son near me and my boys. What an odd way it worked out for our families here in MI.
The Bills are releasing an official statement on tickets shortly, per their Twitter.

i think there will be a lot of Browns fans making the short trip to Detroit.

i think there will be a lot of Browns fans making the short trip to Detroit.
I would surely think so, if they resell the tickets. IMO, it would be a bummer if they don't honor the Bills tickets. I'm sure a lot of fans would still drive from Buffalo to Detroit through Canada should be North of the bad weather. While boring as all get out, the drive isn't that bad.

Why would the Bills be angry about this? The prediction is for a historic storm. Even if the prediction is only half right, still a ton of snow.

I'm very intrigued to know how they'll get the equipment to Detroit. Equipment managers and truck drivers are amazing, but this is a quick turnaround with awful weather approaching. Can't imagine they would drive the more direct route through Canada, too many problems crossing the border in and out to get to Detroit. Guessing fly all the equipment there and get in on a truck in Detroit.

Why wouldn't the Bills fly home after Sunday's game? I guess it doesn't make sense if Buffalo is still a snowy mess. But otherwise they would be home by 8pm Sunday and have 2 1/2 days at home before needing to travel again.

I'm very intrigued to know how they'll get the equipment to Detroit. Equipment managers and truck drivers are amazing, but this is a quick turnaround with awful weather approaching. Can't imagine they would drive the more direct route through Canada, too many problems crossing the border in and out to get to Detroit. Guessing fly all the equipment there and get in on a truck in Detroit.
Honestly, I bet they've already left. It's not snowing yet (actually a relatively cloud-free blue sky sunset here in north Buffalo as I type this) and we've known about this potential storm for at least a week. If the Bills were planning for contingencies - which they have to have been, considering a move to Detroit doesn't happen without plenty of advance planning, I have to think the equipment staff has been working around the clock to have things ready for an early trip. If they can get out of Orchard Park before like midnight tonight, they'll be fine.

Why would the Bills be angry about this? The prediction is for a historic storm. Even if the prediction is only half right, still a ton of snow.

Why wouldn't the Bills fly home after Sunday's game? I guess it doesn't make sense if Buffalo is still a snowy mess. But otherwise they would be home by 8pm Sunday and have 2 1/2 days at home before needing to travel again.
They are staying in Detroit for the week, they play Thanksgiving there also. I was hoping they would move this to a later game, Cle-Buff is a very appealing game.

I wonder if this is their decision to move the game, or the league? It’s probably a situation where the governor closes the roads, so that is out of their control.

Can't imagine they would drive the more direct route through Canada, too many problems crossing the border in and out to get to Detroit.
I can't imagine that would be a concern. Crossing the border isn't a big deal. And, they have a ton of time. They could open the doors and let the customs folk poke around for hours if they wanted to.

Anyone who flys to DET to watch BUF CLE should get some kind of award.
It’s not often when Real pro football invades Detroit.
Well, it's still the Browns.
In 2014 tickets were free and you got refunded or credited towards next year.

Doesn’t help that the Governor said 4 days ago she was going to declare a State of Emergency. The fear began. The media ran with it thinking they’d be playing in 6 feet of standing snow.

They are staying in Detroit for the week, they play Thanksgiving there also. I was hoping they would move this to a later game, Cle-Buff is a very appealing game.

I wonder if this is their decision to move the game, or the league? It’s probably a situation where the governor closes the roads, so that is out of their control.
I actually read that their current plan is to return to Buffalo and then fly back to Detroit later in the week.

They’re also saying their current plan is to practice in Buffalo on Friday and fly out on Saturday. That seems risky to me.

I would be SHOCKED if they play this game in Buffalo. Of course they can get the field semi cleared, but the lives that would be put in danger with fan travel can't be worth it. Four feet of snow with an outside possibility of six?
Detroit ya say?
I've always found this take interesting......it is the NFL's fault and they are putting people in danger.... if people knowing the conditions .....make their own conscious decision to get in their car and drive......?
In conjunction with the local government on big events, usually the answer is....yes?
hmmmm....so if I get in my car and drive to the game and get in an accident.....It's the NFL's fault and I can sue the NFL because they didn't move the game....?...is the NFL putting me as a fan in danger or am I putting myself in danger...?

lol....I'm just kind of playing devil's advocate....I get that weather in combination with resources being pushed to the max could be a consideration for cancelling/moving a game....I'm just not on board with the "saving the fans from themselves mentality" I guess.....and I just really hate all the things that get changed when a game is relocated, especially if it goes from outdoor to indoor and you mess with the other HFA's....I mean how many BUF fans are going to be able to get to DET for the game?......tickets go to waste....with the weather they probably aren't really going travel the 255 miles to DET....is that 4.5 hour drive any safer....?....but whatever...
Yes, and if you drink and drive on your way to the game that resulting DUI is also the NFL’s fault for charging $14 for a bud light.

No jury in the world would convict you.

Actually under dram shop laws any establishment that serves alcohol can be found liable for the harmful acts of its intoxicated customers where the establishment acts negligently in serving the intoxicated customer alcohol (i.e. over-serving), and the customer then causes harm to himself or a third-party victim.
That’s… Very different than what I posted.
Yes - it is. I was just speaking generally and continuing the thought but sorry since I replied directly to you it looked like I was correcting you.

and even what I said about the law can vary in different jurisdictions.

Last edited:

I actually read that their current plan is to return to Buffalo and then fly back to Detroit later in the week.

They’re also saying their current plan is to practice in Buffalo on Friday and fly out on Saturday. That seems risky to me.

Agreed that it’s risky to wait til Saturday to travel.

Makes sense to head back to Buffalo after Sunday’s game. Why stay in Detroit when you’re a 30 minute flight from home?

Total has obviously shot back up and the spread has dropped a point. Cleveland going to try to make themselves the home team?

Total has obviously shot back up and the spread has dropped a point. Cleveland going to try to make themselves the home team?
Hope not. I hope they work out something where ticketholders can get first dibs on tickets in Det, then let the rest of them go to the public.

Nolan Bianchi

@nolanbianchi
·
1h

Bills GM Brandon Beane says presale tickets for Sunday's Bills-Browns game at Ford Field will be at 2 p.m. tomorrow, with Bills season-ticket holders and app users getting first priority. I'm not sure when general public will have access or what price point will look like.

I would be SHOCKED if they play this game in Buffalo. Of course they can get the field semi cleared, but the lives that would be put in danger with fan travel can't be worth it. Four feet of snow with an outside possibility of six?
Detroit ya say?
I've always found this take interesting......it is the NFL's fault and they are putting people in danger.... if people knowing the conditions .....make their own conscious decision to get in their car and drive......?
In conjunction with the local government on big events, usually the answer is....yes?
hmmmm....so if I get in my car and drive to the game and get in an accident.....It's the NFL's fault and I can sue the NFL because they didn't move the game....?...is the NFL putting me as a fan in danger or am I putting myself in danger...?

lol....I'm just kind of playing devil's advocate....I get that weather in combination with resources being pushed to the max could be a consideration for cancelling/moving a game....I'm just not on board with the "saving the fans from themselves mentality" I guess.....and I just really hate all the things that get changed when a game is relocated, especially if it goes from outdoor to indoor and you mess with the other HFA's....I mean how many BUF fans are going to be able to get to DET for the game?......tickets go to waste....with the weather they probably aren't really going travel the 255 miles to DET....is that 4.5 hour drive any safer....?....but whatever...
Yes, and if you drink and drive on your way to the game that resulting DUI is also the NFL’s fault for charging $14 for a bud light.

No jury in the world would convict you.

Actually under dram shop laws any establishment that serves alcohol can be found liable for the harmful acts of its intoxicated customers where the establishment acts negligently in serving the intoxicated customer alcohol (i.e. over-serving), and the customer then causes harm to himself or a third-party victim.
That’s… Very different than what I posted.
Yes - it is. I was just speaking generally and continuing the thought but sorry since I replied directly to you it looked like I was correcting you.

and even what I said about the law can vary in different jurisdictions.
And my bad - I didn’t see that there was a whole thread behind it.

The new site software does us all dirty sometimes. :)

Last week the Browns played in Miami where the temperature was 84 degrees with 96% humidity for a 'feel like' temperature of 90 degrees.
This Sunday in Buffalo the temperature is forecasted to be:
Sunday 20 November +25° with a 'feels like temperature' of +10°
An 80° difference of 'feels like' temperature.
Wow, the schedule maker must really hate the Browns.
#raiderfans have have exclusive copyright restrictions on this excuse as well as most others......try something else....
Hold the collective beer of the lowest segment of negative Browns fans who whine and complain holding ultra-exclusive rights over the field on every excuse ever created or that can be conjured.

Total has obviously shot back up and the spread has dropped a point.

I've heard of at least a couple books that have voided Over bets that were placed when the O/U was down around 41.
My bet from this morning was voided 😕
Some books voided and others didn’t, mine didn’t, so im stuck with under 41.5.
Ask them if they voided the bets of people who bet the over

Why did the Bills not go yesterday? Cancelling practice today and it will probably be a challenge to leave tomorrow. They may end up having to travel Sunday morning for a 1pm game 😕

will be strong winds (19 mph) at MetLife in Foxboro on Sunday

both Ks are on a lot of fantasy teams

Last edited:
yeah that's rough man - all flights are grounded right now, can't remember a team flying on game day before

I'm sure it's happened and it's a pretty short hop - 241 miles, less than an hour flight time - so not that big of a deal.

Why did the Bills not go yesterday? Cancelling practice today and it will probably be a challenge to leave tomorrow. They may end up having to travel Sunday morning for a 1pm game 😕

I wonder if rescheduling to some other week in the season is on the table. Isn't there a travel ban in Buffalo right now?

Users who are viewing this thread