What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 11 Weather Alerts - Buffalo game moved to Detroit (1 Viewer)

Why did the Bills not go yesterday? Cancelling practice today and it will probably be a challenge to leave tomorrow. They may end up having to travel Sunday morning for a 1pm game 😕
I would imagine plan B is to charter busses through Canada, no?

Or maybe fly out of Rochester?

Should have just moved it to Tuesday. Never understood why they move games to other areas.
Bills plays at noon Thanksgiving - this game was always being played at 1 pm Sunday.
Thanksgiving day game could have been pushed back.. People would have gotten over it.

Honestly, they could have moved the game to 4 or even 7PM and they probably would have been ok playing in Buffalo on Sunday.

Should have just moved it to Tuesday. Never understood why they move games to other areas.
Bills plays at noon Thanksgiving - this game was always being played at 1 pm Sunday.
Thanksgiving day game could have been pushed back.. People would have gotten over it.

Honestly, they could have moved the game to 4 or even 7PM and they probably would have been ok playing in Buffalo on Sunday.

Just watched a local Buffalo weather forecast. Looks grim. Looks like it may let up a bit Saturday, but then another wave is coming Sat night/early Sunday morning. Could be limited open window to get the heck out of there.

Why did the Bills not go yesterday? Cancelling practice today and it will probably be a challenge to leave tomorrow. They may end up having to travel Sunday morning for a 1pm game 😕

Apparently there's a driving ban in the county so that could be a problem.
The whole county? I hadn't heard that. The Northern parts of the county aren't getting hit.

Just watched a local Buffalo weather forecast. Looks grim. Looks like it may let up a bit Saturday, but then another wave is coming Sat night/early Sunday morning. Could be limited open window to get the heck out of there.
Could we then be talking about the Browns game being cancelled Sunday and pushed ahead to a different week? Interesting dynamic if that happens. Play on a Thursday? Watson back for Cleveland? hmmm...

Looks horrible now

It's lake effect snow - anyone saying they know what's going to happen doesn't. The models indicate that's the most likely outcome, but all it takes is a subtle shift in wind and Orchard Park just gets flurries while Eden a few miles south is a white out (or vice versa). The one thing we do know? Real stupid of Buffalo not to leave last night.

Apparently there's a driving ban in the county so that could be a problem.
The whole county? I hadn't heard that. The Northern parts of the county aren't getting hit.
The northern most towns don't have a driving ban at the moment. All the towns/cities not bordering Niagara County do have a driving ban.

Bone chilling 65 this morning on the tennis courts here in Palm Beach
I had to put on a light jacket and a hat
Time to pull out the wool socks
Not sure why lots of people seem to think that these types of jokes about snowstorms are just fine when similar jokes regarding droughts or hurricanes or earthquakes or tornados would be understood by everyone to be in poor taste.

Might have to commandeer some snowmobiles from the Bills Mafia just to get the coaches & players to the airport
Seems crazy that the Bills didn’t at least rent out hotel rooms near the airport and have the entire team stay at there last night. Trying to organize one trip out for everyone is easier than your entire organization trying to figure out how to get from their houses to the airport or buses.

Bone chilling 65 this morning on the tennis courts here in Palm Beach
I had to put on a light jacket and a hat
Time to pull out the wool socks
Not sure why lots of people seem to think that these types of jokes about snowstorms are just fine when similar jokes regarding droughts or hurricanes or earthquakes or tornados would be understood by everyone to be in poor taste.
Understood but when I read too many people upset the game was moved, just assumed there was a humorous lane somewhere in here. I didn't know lives were in jeopardy, I just assumed like we do in Hurricanes, everyone locks the door and pops open a couple can s of their favorite adult beverage.

I make Hurricane jokes and I'm a 3-0-5 native, not sure why that topic is so taboo or causes feelings to be hurt but so be it, duly noted.
No more weather jokes...

Might have to commandeer some snowmobiles from the Bills Mafia just to get the coaches & players to the airport
It's happened before.

2014?

Last time they moved a game to Detroit they gave away tickets. Still only drew 56K.

That was a non-televised MNF game v 2-9 NYJ team so maybe they’ll be able to sell tickets this week.
No, I wasn't talking about the 2014 move. There was a game in the Mario Williams era where fans/volunteers were taking snowmobiles to pick up players and take them to the stadium.

It's happened before.

2014?

Last time they moved a game to Detroit they gave away tickets. Still only drew 56K.

That was a non-televised MNF game v 2-9 NYJ team so maybe they’ll be able to sell tickets this week.
No, I wasn't talking about the 2014 move. There was a game in the Mario Williams era where fans/volunteers were taking snowmobiles to pick up players and take them to the stadium.

yeah that's right I have a vague recollection about that

curious so I Googled - was the same week but it was to get the players to practice

If the gametime temp is 40 and the gametime wind chill factor is 35 how does that add up to 19mph winds? Doesnt seem right.

A good approximation of the wind-chill temperature can be found by multiplying the wind speed by 0.7 and then subtracting that value from the air temperature.

19 x 0.7 = 13.3

My Wunderground app says 1pm air temp 38 wind chill 28 wind 19 mph for Foxborough

If the gametime temp is 40 and the gametime wind chill factor is 35 how does that add up to 19mph winds? Doesnt seem right.

A good approximation of the wind-chill temperature can be found by multiplying the wind speed by 0.7 and then subtracting that value from the air temperature.

19 x 0.7 = 13.3

My Wunderground app says 1pm air temp 38 wind chill 28 wind 19 mph for Foxborough
Yeah that makes sense.....I knew40/35 with19 mph winds didnt sound right.

I went to the Vikings Giants game in Detroit (actually only game I've gone to at Ford Field), the roads were covered with ice, took about 90 minutes to go 30 miles.

They did give season ticket holders a window to buy first. I went in and looked, it was $30 for the best seat in the house. I decided against doing the drive.

They did give season ticket holders a window to buy first. I went in and looked, it was $30 for the best seat in the house. I decided against doing the drive.
I can’t imagine too many fans from the affected area buying tickets. while it’s a short term PITA for the Bills, playing in Detroit is a pretty good solution, since next week will basically be a home game logistically for them now.

I can’t imagine too many fans from the affected area buying tickets. while it’s a short term PITA for the Bills, playing in Detroit is a pretty good solution, since next week will basically be a home game logistically for them now.
I agree in general, but there are many Bills fans in southern Ontario who should be mildly affected by the storm, and fans in the Buffalo northtowns could conceivably take one of the northern bridges and cross through Canada with relative ease. They'd probably need to leave ASAP though as the snow band has just shifted north of the city.

I agree in general, but there are many Bills fans in southern Ontario who should be mildly affected by the storm, and fans in the Buffalo northtowns could conceivably take one of the northern bridges and cross through Canada with relative ease. They'd probably need to leave ASAP though as the snow band has just shifted north of the city.
I live in a snow belt also, they can be very tricky as a wind shift can really mess things up. Be safe.

They did give season ticket holders a window to buy first
Not really. All you needed to do is enter the code. I joined the queue at 1:58 and already had 2000+ people ahead of me. That, and considering how fast tickets were hitting the secondary market, it is pretty clear the scalpers had no problem cutting in line.

Any Buffalo locals have a read on Bills getting out of dodge?
The airport's open, Bills Mafia has snow mobiles, and the wind shift has opened the window for SE Buffalo for at least several hours - they'll get there...eventually.

It's the humidity.

2.5 hours from Cleveland, just over 4 hours from Buffalo via Canada

Longer due to road conditions/storm, worst imaginable travel weather rn so not bloody likely eh

2.5 hours from Cleveland, just over 4 hours from Buffalo via Canada

Longer due to road conditions/storm, worst imaginable travel weather rn so not bloody likely eh
Well, it seems to be sold out, so people are going.

I'll be driving 2.5 hours to go, but my situation is an anomaly. It's a 7 or 8 hour drive to Orchard Park, so this is actually very convenient for me.

Users who are viewing this thread