What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 12 2022 who should I start thread **OFFICIALLY UNOFFICIAL** (1 Viewer)

Chaka

Footballguy
This is where we ask questions and offer help. And thank you to all the posters who come here to offer that help.

A couple notes:

I attempt to give well considered responses to all questions posted. I can't get to everything, but I'll try.

1) This only works if people participate. If you ask for help it is good form to offer help to someone else.

2) It helps if you post the matchup. e.g. Mayfield vs Den or Matt Ryan @ Mia

3) Please post important league scoring considerations (e.g. PPR, super-flex etc).

4) Please go easy on the nicknames, save that for other threads. We can't help if we don't know who you are talking about.

View this as an exercise to help focus your thoughts about teams in general. Players you own may not be involved in these WDIS questions but certainly you will own players on many of these teams. Analyzing other players will help you identify things you may have otherwise not considered.
Let's kick off Week 12!

I always post results of my head-2-head choices for the previous week and keep a season long tally. I compare those results to the results if I used a coin toss instead.

I don't keep a tally when asked to choose between more than two players because I'm not sure how to score it and don't want to get into fractions to keep the tally.

Last Week:
I went 27-37-3 in my calls and it was a rough week for the coin toss with 31-33-3

On the season I am: 228-184-23 and the coin toss is 195-217-23

On to Week 12!

Okay Super-Flex, PPR:

Is it worth keeping Jared Goff in as my Super-Flex QB?

Need 2 Flex (QB optional) starters in bold green.

QBs:
Lamar Jackson @ JAX
Jared Goff v BUF

RBs"
Jamaal Williams v BUF
D'Andre Swift v BUF
Kenyan Drake @ JAX
Gus Edwards @ JAX
Elijah Mitchell v NOS
Latavius Murray @ CAR
James Robinson v CHI

WRs:
Justin Jefferson v NEP
ARSB v BUF
Christian Watson @ PHI
Courtland Sutton @ CAR
Kararius Toney v LAR

RB/WR/Flex (Pick 6)
Locks:
Diggs
Adams
Chase---> If he plays
Etienne

Need 2 from:
CeeDee Lamb
Jeff Wilson JR
Tony Pollard

If Chase doesn't play--> I will just play all 3

RB/WR/Flex (Pick 6)
Locks:
Diggs
Adams
Chase---> If he plays
Etienne

Need 2 from:
CeeDee Lamb
Jeff Wilson JR
Tony Pollard

If Chase doesn't play--> I will just play all 3
PPR? (also, if you don't mind, in the future please include the matchups. it makes life a lot easier on us).

Tough call, and it looks like a great problem to have. I would be wary about Chase for sure, the problem is you have to make a decision by Thursday. Because of that, I would go with CeeDee & Pollard, both are great options. The Giants have had a terrible run defense and they Adoree Jackson is out. I think this is the point in their season where, if it's going to happen at all, they run out of gas.

The good news is you can keep Wilson in reserve in case the practice reports for Chase are sketchy. And, frankly, you may want to wait a week on Chase regardless considering Miami has such a great matchup at home.

ppr

WR, pick 3
ARSB vs Buf
Olave vs SF
Aiyuk vs NO
JuJu vs Rams (if active)
Pickens vs Ind

Flex, pick 1
Same WR above
D Pierce vs Mia

Right now leaning ARSB, Olave, Aiyuk, D Pierce

The good news is I have a lot of options, the bad news is now playing the match up game.

Thanks as always Chaka --

Standard ;

Need 1 RB and 2 flex out of :

Stevenson @ Minny
Pollard vs NYG
Patterson @ Wash
R. White @ Cleve
Foreman vs Denver
Swift vs Buff

TE - Shultz or Knox?

Def: Bills or Steelers?

ppr

WR, pick 3
ARSB vs Buf
Olave vs SF
Aiyuk vs NO
JuJu vs Rams (if active)
Pickens vs Ind

Flex, pick 1
Same WR above
D Pierce vs Mia

Right now leaning ARSB, Olave, Aiyuk, D Pierce

The good news is I have a lot of options, the bad news is now playing the match up game.
Okay, I started looking at it and my first impression was exactly the same as yours. Then I decided to look a little deeper and it provided little clarity. Like zero.

ARSB is all but a lock to receive the most looks, they won't be the best quality looks but when the other QBs are Pickett, Dalton & Garoppolo beggars can't be choosers. Mahomes is part of the reason I have to consider JuJu, and I also like the matchup against a fading Rams team but I am not sure who I would bench to get him in the lineup. Probably Olave just because a cross country roadie against that defense isn't doing him any favors. But the semi-emergence of Pacheco puts a bit of a damper on the JuJu option.

Look, I can probably make an argument for any of these guys but they are all very close. ARSB for volume and Aiyuk because he really seems to have a nose for the end zone and he has been on a bit of a tear too. After that it seems like Olave is the best bet for opportunity and production. I would like to say Pickens but it concerns me when they throw 42 times and he only gets six targets. They are going to try and keep their pass attempts under 30 against the Colts, and they may be able to pull that off. So...

WR:
ARSB>Aiyuk>Olave>JuJu>Pickens

For flex I think you go with the RB, particularly against a middling to bad run defense. This week with only 10 carries and 3 targets is definitely concerning and they may be breaking in a new QB. But I view this week as a mulligan, Pierce is that offense and he has been playing very well so far this season. I could definitely see substituting JuJu for him, particularly as it's a PPR (and a great matchup). But ATM I agree with you:
Flex:
Pierce>JuJu>Pickens

PPR & 4pts for passing TD, etc.
Carr at Seattle
Tannehill vrs. Cinnci
D. Jones at Dallas

Need something with K. Murray being out probably.
Thanks!

after convincing a bunch of people to roll out Greg Dulcich last week I think I’m retiring fm the WDIS side gig lol

QB: (Murray likely out again)
Mariota @ WAS
Tannehill v CIN
Jones @ MIN
Ryan v PIT
(Dalton, Darnold, Wilson are other options)

Full PPR Flex (W/R/T)
Jahan Dotson v ATL
DeMarcus Robinson @ JAX
James Cook @ DET
Kyren Williams @ KC
Engram v BAL

(4 WRs Q - looking at worst case)

Standard ;

Stevenson @ Minny
Pollard vs NYG
Patterson @ Wash
R. White @ Cleve
Foreman vs Denver
Swift vs Buff

TE - Shultz or Knox?

I fear this is going to be one of those situations where I write a lot and don't say much. But, let's give it a go.

I think benching Swift is probably the right decision. He's healthy, and has been for a couple weeks. There is something more to his limited usage than health. Personally I think it has to do with him freelancing too much and not even trying to follow plays as called. Justin Jackson got more snaps and opportunities than him last week. He is heavily TD dependent, to be fair he has scored in 5 of 7 games but I think that is a lot to hope for and the notion that the Lions will eventually "unleash" him doesn't bump up against the fact that they're on a three game winning streak. Why would they change what has been working?

As much as I hate to do it, it's tough to roll Foreman against that Denver defense...on paper. They're still a great scoring defense and they're still playing very hard but the season has collapsed for them. I guess you have to consider that, at some point they start to lose heart. That's just speculation, until it happens they're a great defense that one should consider better options against. One could also wonder if the Panthers have already lost heart. I love Foreman, think he's a very good talent that had a very bad break, but this week doesn't feel great, does it?

Cordarrelle is the lead back for the Falcons but what does that really mean? 12 opportunities last week and I think a low volume split is the reality. If your league rewards kick returners for their scores then maybe he gets a bump, heck in standard formats he deserves a bump regardless as he has managed a TD (at least one) in 4 of 7 games played. But he has only scored in one of three games since returning from injrury and Washington isn't an easy out. They may also get a bump from the possible return of Chase Young.

White is the real wild card here. If he really is the starter I think you have to start him in a nice matchup. It being standard and not PPR takes the shine off a bit, however relative to Patterson, Foreman & Swift I don't see that as a deal breaker as they are low volume either overall or in the passing game specifically. If the news this week plays out with White being the starter and/or Fournette being limited in practices then I think he is very intriguing and, IMO worth the risk.

Stevenson is still a must start IMO, he loses some shine in standard vs PPR leagues but, even though it seems Harris may be supplanting him after a nice game vs the Jets I don't think it really plays out that way. Rhamondre is too valuable to what the offense is built to do and, despite Harris's nice game he still only saw 24% of the snaps to 74% for Rhamondre. I think we have to operate under the presumption he is the lead back until we see it play out differently on the field.

Pollard should start on most rosters in most formats. At the very worst he is a flex play, at best he is a high end #1 RB

Pollard>Stevenson>White>Patterson>Foreman>Swift

For TE, it seems to me that Knox gets more looks, more consistently. Either has solid TD potential but the Lions have not been very good v opposing TEs while the Giants have been good, better than their ranking (15) honestly because Mark Andrews had a massive game against them and, pretty much no one else has.

So:
Knox>Schultz

For Defense Buffalo has been better & more consistent but the Steelers are a different defense with TJ Watt and Minkah Fitzpatrick on the field and they are both available now. The Colts have been a great matchup so far, skewed by the Patriots game, but they also gave up big games to Jacksonville & Tennessee. The Lions also gave up a big game to the Patriots (Colts were worse) and Dallas had a pretty good game, but they have been surprisingly (actually it shouldn't be surprising as their offense really hasn't been their problem). Being Thursday isn't great and Goff is capable of a multi turnover day, that really isn't his M.O. Outside the Dallas game he has four games with 0 turnovers and 5 games with only one INT.

Pittsburgh>Buffalo

Okay Super-Flex, PPR:

QBs:
Lamar Jackson @ JAX
Jared Goff v BUF

RBs"
Jamaal Williams v BUF
D'Andre Swift v BUF
Kenyan Drake @ JAX
Gus Edwards @ JAX
Elijah Mitchell v NOS
Latavius Murray @ CAR
James Robinson v CHI

WRs:
Justin Jefferson v NEP
ARSB v BUF
Christian Watson @ PHI
Courtland Sutton @ CAR
Kararius Toney v LAR
Don’t think I would put Swift anywhere near your starting lineup. I would roll with Lat Murray, who will have the backfield to himself.

At flex, I might consider rolling with the hot Watson over Goff. Against Philly, Rodgers will probably need to air it out.

.5 ppr
2RB 3WR 1Flx

Kamara @ SF
Jacobs @ SEA
Stevenson @ MIA
J Wilson @ HOU

Aiyuk vs NO
G Wilson vs CHI
Pickens @ IND

DPJ vs TB
Sutton @ CAR

Bolded in lineup now.

Standard ;

Stevenson @ Minny
Pollard vs NYG
Patterson @ Wash
R. White @ Cleve
Foreman vs Denver
Swift vs Buff

TE - Shultz or Knox?

I fear this is going to be one of those situations where I write a lot and don't say much. But, let's give it a go.

I think benching Swift is probably the right decision. He's healthy, and has been for a couple weeks. There is something more to his limited usage than health. Personally I think it has to do with him freelancing too much and not even trying to follow plays as called. Justin Jackson got more snaps and opportunities than him last week. He is heavily TD dependent, to be fair he has scored in 5 of 7 games but I think that is a lot to hope for and the notion that the Lions will eventually "unleash" him doesn't bump up against the fact that they're on a three game winning streak. Why would they change what has been working?

As much as I hate to do it, it's tough to roll Foreman against that Denver defense...on paper. They're still a great scoring defense and they're still playing very hard but the season has collapsed for them. I guess you have to consider that, at some point they start to lose heart. That's just speculation, until it happens they're a great defense that one should consider better options against. One could also wonder if the Panthers have already lost heart. I love Foreman, think he's a very good talent that had a very bad break, but this week doesn't feel great, does it?

Cordarrelle is the lead back for the Falcons but what does that really mean? 12 opportunities last week and I think a low volume split is the reality. If your league rewards kick returners for their scores then maybe he gets a bump, heck in standard formats he deserves a bump regardless as he has managed a TD (at least one) in 4 of 7 games played. But he has only scored in one of three games since returning from injrury and Washington isn't an easy out. They may also get a bump from the possible return of Chase Young.

White is the real wild card here. If he really is the starter I think you have to start him in a nice matchup. It being standard and not PPR takes the shine off a bit, however relative to Patterson, Foreman & Swift I don't see that as a deal breaker as they are low volume either overall or in the passing game specifically. If the news this week plays out with White being the starter and/or Fournette being limited in practices then I think he is very intriguing and, IMO worth the risk.

Stevenson is still a must start IMO, he loses some shine in standard vs PPR leagues but, even though it seems Harris may be supplanting him after a nice game vs the Jets I don't think it really plays out that way. Rhamondre is too valuable to what the offense is built to do and, despite Harris's nice game he still only saw 24% of the snaps to 74% for Rhamondre. I think we have to operate under the presumption he is the lead back until we see it play out differently on the field.

Pollard should start on most rosters in most formats. At the very worst he is a flex play, at best he is a high end #1 RB

Pollard>Stevenson>White>Patterson>Foreman>Swift

For TE, it seems to me that Knox gets more looks, more consistently. Either has solid TD potential but the Lions have not been very good v opposing TEs while the Giants have been good, better than their ranking (15) honestly because Mark Andrews had a massive game against them and, pretty much no one else has.

So:
Knox>Schultz

For Defense Buffalo has been better & more consistent but the Steelers are a different defense with TJ Watt and Minkah Fitzpatrick on the field and they are both available now. The Colts have been a great matchup so far, skewed by the Patriots game, but they also gave up big games to Jacksonville & Tennessee. The Lions also gave up a big game to the Patriots (Colts were worse) and Dallas had a pretty good game, but they have been surprisingly (actually it shouldn't be surprising as their offense really hasn't been their problem). Being Thursday isn't great and Goff is capable of a multi turnover day, that really isn't his M.O. Outside the Dallas game he has four games with 0 turnovers and 5 games with only one INT.

Pittsburgh>Buffalo
Wow --thanks for taking the time with this! I agree with all -- re going with Knox, think the OU is like 54, right now so should be plenty of offense to go around - plus, it seems safe if Allen (who I'm starting) is still a little hesitant to throw deep --

PPR & 4pts for passing TD, etc.
Carr at Seattle
Tannehill vrs. Cinnci
D. Jones at Dallas

Need something with K. Murray being out probably.
Thanks!
For me this is a situation where I just go with Carr. He's had two true dud games but, for the most part you can rely on him for 250 & 2 TDs. Seattle is a middle of the pack, to below average team against most passing metrics. If what I believe is true, hardly a certainty as it is total speculation, then the biggest problem with the Raiders offense has been adjusting from four years of Gruden's scheme to McDaniels's scheme, which is arguably the most complicated in the league. Personally I think the offense looks much better next season and I think they may be capable of some impressive offensive performances down the stretch. Mind you they could also #### the bed, again, but I think you can rely on a very steady output from Carr.

Tannehill is all over the map. The Titans have two games with over 30 pass attempts (the Raiders have two games under 30) so Tannehill is all about efficiency, his TD% this season is 4.8 (Carr's is 4.3). His end of season numbers (per game) will be similar to Carr for TDs on a per game basis but Carr will still have more. And Tannehill has 0 or 1 TD in 4 of 8 games played, Carr has 3 in 10 games. I don't really buy into game scripts and I see nothing in this matchup that couldn't be said about Seattle vs the Raiders D, which is terrible.

Jones has the most upside because dude can run. He averages 193 passing and 45 rush yards per game. He has a rush TD in 3 of 10 games and two total TDs in 6 of 10 games (2 games with 0 TDs). But Dallas is a difficult test and part of me wonders if the Giants may finally be running out of steam (total speculation so don't apply too much weight to that thought). I guess I simply like everything about this game less than what the Raiders are dealing with. But Jones is your higher ceiling play.

Carr>Jones>Tannehill

Need 3 WRs - PPR:

Collins @ MIA
Jeudy @ CAR
London @ WAS
Metcalf vs. LV
DJ Moore vs. DEN
Pittman vs. PIT
Slayton @ DAL

Thinking Metcalf, Pittman and London.

Normally wouldn’t consider London, but may be in line for a lot of volume (well, in Falcons terms) with Pitts out.

after convincing a bunch of people to roll out Greg Dulcich last week I think I’m retiring fm the WDIS side gig lol

QB: (Murray likely out again)
Mariota @ WAS
Tannehill v CIN
Jones @ MIN
Ryan v PIT
(Dalton, Darnold, Wilson are other options)

Full PPR Flex (W/R/T)
Jahan Dotson v ATL
DeMarcus Robinson @ JAX
James Cook @ DET
Kyren Williams @ KC
Engram v BAL

(4 WRs Q - looking at worst case)
Tell me about it. When the mob comes for me with their torches and pitchforks they're going to be wearing their AJ Dillon jerseys for sure.

I guess I agree on QB. Mariota is generally very efficient and, of your options he will improve his end game numbers with his running. I worry about the low volume but, again, his legs neutralize that concern a bit.

If you were to go in a different direction then I may consider Matt Ryan. The Colts are definitely going to try and rush more with Reich gone, and they have done so the past two games, but the Steelers with TJ and Fitzpatrick are talented and well disciplined and I think they have the ability to force Ryan to pass more than they would like. Even if they don't, it is still likely Ryan throws more passes than Tannehill, Mariota & Jones. He has a talented WR corps too. But, it's tough to get too excited for him ATM.

I guess I can make an argument for Mac Jones but do I really want to? I am giving Minnesota a partial mulligan on last week after a very tough and draining win in Buffalo. They aren't as good as their 9-1 record indicated, Dallas proved that, but they are still better than all that. Jones hasn't had a multi-TD game all year either. Maybe he blows up but why try and bank on that?

If Russell Wilson can't put up 250 yards or a TD at home against the terrible Raiders pass defense, how can we like him on the road? Even with an okay matchup?

Mariota>Ryan>Tannehill>Jones

For the Flex: What happened to Cam Akers, or Kyren Williams, that would lead you to start the latter? Looks like more of a hunch than anything to me.

If you are going to do any kind of speculating then I think you need to look at DeMarcus or Cook. Robinson is probably chasing points but it's not like there is a deep WR corps in Baltimore and Jacksonville represents a solid matchup. It's certainly a very winnable game.

And Cook is more of a closer but he did get a bit of action (7 opportunities IIRC) while the game was one score. He is coming off a nice game and is facing a game with an O/U around 54 apparently. The Lions have been playing better for sure, hope they win personally, but they're still a solid matchup for opposing offenses in any given week.

I don't have any interest in Engram and I would like to see Dotson do something with Heinicke at QB before considering him.

Robinson>Cook>Kyren>Dotson>Engram

Okay Super-Flex, PPR:

QBs:
Lamar Jackson @ JAX
Jared Goff v BUF

RBs"
Jamaal Williams v BUF
D'Andre Swift v BUF
Kenyan Drake @ JAX
Gus Edwards @ JAX
Elijah Mitchell v NOS
Latavius Murray @ CAR
James Robinson v CHI

WRs:
Justin Jefferson v NEP
ARSB v BUF
Christian Watson @ PHI
Courtland Sutton @ CAR
Kararius Toney v LAR
Don’t think I would put Swift anywhere near your starting lineup. I would roll with Lat Murray, who will have the backfield to himself.

At flex, I might consider rolling with the hot Watson over Goff. Against Philly, Rodgers will probably need to air it out.
Thanks. If I bench Swift entirely I still need 2 flex players (1 if I go with Watson). Swift or Goff? Or someone else?

Okay Super-Flex, PPR:

QBs:
Lamar Jackson @ JAX
Jared Goff v BUF

RBs"
Jamaal Williams v BUF
D'Andre Swift v BUF
Kenyan Drake @ JAX
Gus Edwards @ JAX
Elijah Mitchell v NOS
Latavius Murray @ CAR
James Robinson v CHI

WRs:
Justin Jefferson v NEP
ARSB v BUF
Christian Watson @ PHI
Courtland Sutton @ CAR
Kararius Toney v LAR

Thanks. If I bench Swift entirely I still need 2 flex players (1 if I go with Watson). Swift or Goff? Or someone else?
Oh right - then I would say Goff over Swift. At least with Goff you know you’ll get some points even against the Bills D. If Swift doesn’t break a long one and/or score on limited touches, it’s going to be a barren output.

For the Flex: What happened to Cam Akers, or Kyren Williams, that would lead you to start the latter? Looks like more of a hunch than anything to me.

Henderson released, Kyren ran well last week, has a role as the third down back

Agree on Cook, he is getting touches (+ nice matchup) but Singletary still dominating snaps

Kyren outsnapped Cam in a negative game script, which is likely the case again this week.

Standard scoring, need just 1 from the following bunch for flex

E.Mitchell vs Saints - not really thinking to use but he gets plenty of touches generally
D.Foreman vs Broncos - better matchup this week than last, not much competition for touches
G.Edwards @ Jags - Shaky start due to rust and difficult to trust RB usage in this team
K.Drake @ Jags - only a consideration if Edwards is inactive again. Hard to trust this Ravens run game though.
T.Lockett vs Raiders - nice matchup
C.Watson @ Eagles - 5 tds in 2 games, Packers will surely be throwing a bit
M.Brown vs Chargers - only assuming active obviously

Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving!

Last edited:
.5 ppr
2RB 3WR 1Flx

Kamara @ SF
Jacobs @ SEA
Stevenson @ MIA
J Wilson @ HOU

Aiyuk vs NO
G Wilson vs CHI
Pickens @ IND

DPJ vs TB
Sutton @ CAR

Bolded in lineup now.
It's tough to say but I think I agree about benching Kamara. He's not the weekly must start that he has been in the past. 4 TDs in one game and 0 in 7 other games. He gets close to 100 yards a bunch and has exceeded that mark in 4 of 8 games and he has only one game with fewer than 3 receptions, but that would be more valuable in a full PPR. It's also a brutal matchup and your other three guys seem more poised this week to, at least not crater. Although I assume Stevenson @ Miami was a typo, he's at Minnesota on Thursday.

For WR I agree completely IF Joe Flacco gets the nod for the Jets. If Zach Wilson starts I absolutely start DPJ over Wilson (Sutton isn't really an option IMO). If Mike White starts for the Jets...I'm honestly not sure what to think and maybe DPJ is still a better option but it's more of a coin toss than anything.

@Wrigley Mike White is starting for the Jets this weekend. Really not sure how to handicap him. He was all over the map last year (405 yds, 3 TD, 2 INT, 82% - 95 yards, 1 TD, 64% & 251 yards, 0 TD, 4 INT, 55%). Chicago presents as a decent matchup but... yeah no idea. I guess G.Wilson v DPJ depends on your taste for risk.

ETA 2.0: @Wrigley I was just looking up some Michael Carter data from last season and it looks like I misinterpreted it a little bit. In his 95 passing yard game he started but apparently left late in the first quarter. So he put up that 95 yards on 11 attempts (8.6 y/a) in a little less than a quarter. That was actually a good start. Still have no idea what to think here but it's probably back to a coin toss.

For me, I think still:
DPJ>Wilson

Last edited:

Henderson released, Kyren ran well last week, has a role as the third down back

Agree on Cook, he is getting touches (+ nice matchup) but Singletary still dominating snaps

Kyren outsnapped Cam in a negative game script, which is likely the case again this week.
Just saw the Henderson news too, and that Williams received a 55% snap share last week vs 39% for Akers.

It's an interesting development but, is it enough to move the needle? IDK. Is that offense really going to produce any kind of meaningful RB value RoS? Particularly this week if Stafford is out again?
Okay Super-Flex, PPR:

QBs:
Lamar Jackson @ JAX
Jared Goff v BUF

RBs"
Jamaal Williams v BUF
D'Andre Swift v BUF
Kenyan Drake @ JAX
Gus Edwards @ JAX
Elijah Mitchell v NOS
Latavius Murray @ CAR
James Robinson v CHI

WRs:
Justin Jefferson v NEP
ARSB v BUF
Christian Watson @ PHI
Courtland Sutton @ CAR
Kararius Toney v LAR

Oh right - then I would say Goff over Swift. At least with Goff you know you’ll get some points even against the Bills D. If Swift doesn’t break a long one and/or score on limited touches, it’s going to be a barren output.
I hope so. It's usually a no-brainer to go with the QB but Goff has put up 0, 11, 9, 7 & 3 fantasy points over the last five games (and only 2 points @ NE before the bye).

Swift has has only played 4 games in that span but has 13, 6, 7 & 11

I hope so. It's usually a no-brainer to go with the QB but Goff has put up 0, 11, 9, 7 & 3 fantasy points over the last five games (and only 2 points @ NE before the bye).

yeah I'd stay away from Jared for now. might get interesting again once Jamo is getting significant snaps.

Swift got outsnapped and outplayed by Justin Jackson in New Jersey. No substantive reason to think he's a good play this week.

Fair point - I should have looked at Goff’s stats. He’s done a bit better in my league scoring where you get 1 point per 5 completions (don’t ask), but hasn’t exactly lit it up overall.

Maybe Sutton is the play if Jeudy is still out.

Need 3 WRs - PPR:

Collins @ MIA
Jeudy @ CAR
London @ WAS
Metcalf vs. LV
DJ Moore vs. DEN
Pittman vs. PIT
Slayton @ DAL

Normally wouldn’t consider London, but may be in line for a lot of volume (well, in Falcons terms) with Pitts out.
The only one I would consider an argument for is Slayton without Wan'Dale in the lineup but I hate that matchup.

DK v LV is a no brainer IMO.

Pittman is just too good relative to your other options, particularly in PPR.

And who else is Mariota going to throw the ball to.

Yeah, I agree with you 100%

Need 3 WRs - PPR:

Collins @ MIA
Jeudy @ CAR
London @ WAS
Metcalf vs. LV
DJ Moore vs. DEN
Pittman vs. PIT
Slayton @ DAL

The only one I would consider an argument for is Slayton without Wan'Dale in the lineup but I hate that matchup.

DK v LV is a no brainer IMO.

Pittman is just too good relative to your other options, particularly in PPR.

And who else is Mariota going to throw the ball to.

Yeah, I agree with you 100%
Thanks - was also on the fence about Slayton. Also have Barkley, who’s obviously a no-brainer, but don’t see the Giants putting up a lot of points on Dallas.

Trade question in a redraft league...

Playing one week at a time here needing victories. Currently been rolling with J. Fields and now he's either out or runs into the NYJs D. Don't love that either way.

Think I have an opportunity to upgrade the QB position this week. Target: Geno Smith vs LV.

Great matchup. Coming off a bye. Geno has been super consistent with 2+ TDs in four straight. Could also prove useful if Fields is out an extended period of time. The Geno owner has Hurts as his #1 QB and has been sucking it with DJ Moore as his #1.

What I'd give up: C. Watson.

I'm not playing him this week @PHI and I've got decent WR depth in JuJu (hoping out of protocol), Pittman (great matchup vs PIT), Aiyuk (on fire), and J. Chase just may be coming back. With five TDs in two weeks, this feels like a sell high moment.

Now I could sit tight at QB. There is a smorgasbord of QBs available at the moment such as Carr, Tanny, Brisset, Ryan, Heinicke, Goff, and Mariota. That said, Geno seems like he's in a tier above that crew.

Deal for Geno?

Are hang onto the rook and play roulette with either a compromised Fields or other?

Thanks

Standard scoring, need just 1 from the following bunch for flex

E.Mitchell vs Saints - not really thinking to use but he gets plenty of touches generally
D.Foreman vs Broncos - better matchup this week than last, not much competition for touches
G.Edwards @ Jags - Shaky start due to rust?
T.Lockett vs Raiders - nice matchup
C.Watson @ Eagles - 5 tds in 2 games, Packers will surely be throwing a bit
M.Brown vs Chargers - only assuming active obviously

Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving!
Interesting choices.

Personally, on my roster I have Edwards, Mitchell & Watson and I'm virtually certain I am going with Watson. But don't fall into the trap of thinking they will have to throw. We thought the same thing with Indy @ PHI last week.

Foreman's matchup isn't much better this week and it's really a question of which team has quit the most. I love Donta but this could be a tough game, particularly as he is likely the top defensive priority for the Broncos.

Because you are not playing PPR Lockett is a little less exciting. But he does still put up 60+ yards a game has a TD in his last three games (a hairs breadth away from 3 in one game) and, despite what the Raiders managed in Denver they have a terrible defense.

Do we think Marquise is close? And with Colt McCoy (just read where Arizona may wait until Murray is truly 100%), is he that interesting? Pass.

Agree about Mitchell, even if it does really look like the 49ers are committed to not abusing McCaffrey.

Gus is interesting and if he practices in full, you have to consider him in a standard format. He has a reasonable TD probability. My concern is the Ravens simply aren't committed to a single RB. Even healthy he may only see 12 carries, and he's not involved as a receiver.

For me it comes down to touches vs stability vs upside.

My magic 8-Ball says:
Lockett>Watson>Foreman

But I'm really on the fence, particularly between Watson & Foreman.

Should a. Jones or stevenson start over waddle, sanders, or walker?
In a PPR I can absolutely see both Jones & Stevenson over Sanders..
In a standard league, however, Aaron Jones does certainly have solid TD upside, however, since it's a roadie for the Packers (and the Pats), I tentatively prefer Sanders.

Presuming you're talking Kenneth Walker that is.

Pick 2 QBs:

Mariota @ WAS
Russ Wilson @ CAR
Tannehill vs CIN
Heinicke vs ATL
Can I hit my hand repeatedly with a hammer instead? No? Okay

I think definitely Mariota because he can run well and, even though he is generally low volume he has pretty good TD efficiency.

Flip a coin in the other. My impulse is Heinicke because my lizard brain says the is more of a a passing offense than in Tennessee. But that's not necessarily the case. The Commodores are definitely committed to the run, even if they don't have a real lead back. Heinicke throws about 4 more passes per game but Tannehill is a better QB by most metrics (TD% and Y/A in particular).

You never know when Henry is going to take over a game but his presence in the stadium (heck, in the State) makes Tannehill's life easier by a wide margin.

If Wilson can't throw for 250 yards or a TD at home against the Raiders why would we trust him to do anything.

Mariota>Tannehill>Heinicke>Wilson

yeah I'd stay away from Jared for now. might get interesting again once Jamo is getting significant snaps.

Swift got outsnapped and outplayed by Justin Jackson in New Jersey. No substantive reason to think he's a good play this week.
So, if I stay away from Goff & Swift I need a RB and two flex. Latavius & Watson are probably the calls if I don't go with Swift & Goff but who's the third?
D'Andre Swift v BUF
Kenyan Drake @ JAX
Gus Edwards @ JAX
Elijah Mitchell v NOS
Latavius Murray @ CAR
James Robinson v CHI

Christian Watson @ PHI
Courtland Sutton @ CAR
Kararius Toney v LAR
I feel like both D'Andre & Goff are in the conversation with Gus (if he exits the injury report) & Sutton.

Kyren, who you now have me considering, is also available. As is Marquise Brown.

Alas! Loving my team on Labor Day, feels like a fever dream.

Great job as always.
FFPC scoring.
Need a final flex:

B.Aiyuk vs N.O.
C.Watson @ Phi
Not a terrible problem. Heck, it's a good problem.

They are both in a similar range for targets but Aiyuk seems to be a far more efficient WR. He's catching 82% of his targets since McCaffrey arrived with three TDs in his last three games. Watson, over his two game eruption is catching 57% of his targets.

New Orleans is pretty close to Philadelphia in most pass defense metrics except INTs, where PHI leads the league with 13 to 2 for the Saints. Overall PHI is 2nd in forcing TOs and NO is 31st. I think that is significant in this discussion.

Then we are talking about home v road games.

We can posit that Green Bay will have to throw more but: 1) we said the same about Indy @ Phi last week (didn't happen) 2) winning teams (SF) score more (23.6 ppg - 28.5 PPG since McCaffrey) than losing teams (GB - 18.6 PPG - 24 PPG during Watson's 2 game stretch).

I love banking on the upside of the shiny new rookie but Aiyuk is also very talented, has good TD upside and all the logical signs point to:

Aiyuk>Watson

Kyren, who you now have me considering, is also available. As is Marquise Brown.

Kyren - it's a good matchup for RBs, they're thin, and the game script should favor him

IDK what is going on in ARI. Watched KK news conferences the last few weeks, I can't believe they extended him, Kyler and the GM through 2027. They are imploding and dang you would think regression/law of averages but they really are bad in the second half every single season. I'm super skitterish about firing up Hollywood; last week I had three players get hurt on their very first touch and never returned (Warren, Mike Williams and Rondale.) I also have Jameson stashed on IR so I need one or two of these WRs to start producing.

Playing one week at a time here needing victories. Currently been rolling with J. Fields and now he's either out or runs into the NYJs D. Don't love that either way.

Think I have an opportunity to upgrade the QB position this week. Target: Geno Smith vs LV.

Great matchup. Coming off a bye. Geno has been super consistent with 2+ TDs in four straight. Could also prove useful if Fields is out an extended period of time. The Geno owner has Hurts as his #1 QB and has been sucking it with DJ Moore as his #1.

I'm not playing him this week @PHI and I've got decent WR depth in JuJu (hoping out of protocol), Pittman (great matchup vs PIT), Aiyuk (on fire), and J. Chase just may be coming back. With five TDs in two weeks, this feels like a sell high moment.

Now I could sit tight at QB. There is a smorgasbord of QBs available at the moment such as Carr, Tanny, Brisset, Ryan, Heinicke, Goff, and Mariota. That said, Geno seems like he's in a tier above that crew.

Deal for Geno?

Are hang onto the rook and play roulette with either a compromised Fields or other?

Thanks
I understand the sell high logic. As a Watson manager I hope you're wrong, but it's difficult to argue that we haven't seen peak C.Watson.

It's also hard to argue that Geno isn't the QB we have seen over the first 10 games (even if we instinctively holding our breath waiting for the wheels to fall off).

My only hesitation relates to overall resources acquisition value. Is holding onto Watson more valuable than the dropoff from Geno to Carr or Mariota? In my league Geno is averaging 13.3 PPG to 11.3 for Carr & 11.5 for Mariota. I can argue both sides of that dropoff but it really depends on how that dropoff plays out in your league.

+2 points/week in your lineup RoS seems worth the risk of trading Watson. And I think there is a concern, albeit small, Fields gets shut down longer term.

But is +2 points/this week only worth it? I'm not so sure and consider that the stream of Carr/Mariota & Fields, if he doesn't get shut down, may be better long term.

Green Bay & Seattle play Sunday so maybe you have a couple days to see how Fields is trending and also see if you can package Watson for an upgrade at another position.

Sorry, I'm sure you have had this exact thought process already but this is the best I can do, I think, with the info we have.

Deal for Geno?

Thanks
I understand the sell high logic. As a Watson manager I hope you're wrong, but it's difficult to argue that we haven't seen peak C.Watson.

It's also hard to argue that Geno isn't the QB we have seen over the first 10 games (even if we instinctively holding our breath waiting for the wheels to fall off).

My only hesitation relates to overall resources acquisition value. Is holding onto Watson more valuable than the dropoff from Geno to Carr or Mariota? In my league Geno is averaging 13.3 PPG to 11.3 for Carr & 11.5 for Mariota. I can argue both sides of that dropoff but it really depends on how that dropoff plays out in your league.

+2 points/week in your lineup RoS seems worth the risk of trading Watson. And I think there is a concern, albeit small, Fields gets shut down longer term.

But is +2 points/this week only worth it? I'm not so sure and consider that the stream of Carr/Mariota & Fields, if he doesn't get shut down, may be better long term.

Green Bay & Seattle play Sunday so maybe you have a couple days to see how Fields is trending and also see if you can package Watson for an upgrade at another position.

Sorry, I'm sure you have had this exact thought process already but this is the best I can do, I think, with the info we have.

Appreciate the feedback.

I get the "is it really worth +2 points" with Geno, but another question I have is, where am I going to start Watson over the next three weeks? Existing WRs:

* J. Chase -- KC with a sweet schedule remainder of the regular season...assuming he's back.
* JuJu -- Should clear protocol minus Hardman and probably Toney. He could roll ROS.
* B. Aiyuk -- Targets getting splattered all over but Aiyuk is definitely part of the game plan in a high powered offense.
* M. Pittman -- Tough matchups, but he is getting peppered with targets and is a high floor at minimum.

That leaves Watson. I'm sitting him this week @PHI, he could be an option next week @CHI, and they he has a bye.

Not in a rush to do this for sure. Need to watch practice reports. And as an aside, waivers ran and Carr is still sitting there.

Deal for Geno?

Thanks

Appreciate the feedback.

I get the "is it really worth +2 points" with Geno, but another question I have is, where am I going to start Watson over the next three weeks? Existing WRs:

* J. Chase -- KC with a sweet schedule remainder of the regular season...assuming he's back.
* JuJu -- Should clear protocol minus Hardman and probably Toney. He could roll ROS.
* B. Aiyuk -- Targets getting splattered all over but Aiyuk is definitely part of the game plan in a high powered offense.
* M. Pittman -- Tough matchups, but he is getting peppered with targets and is a high floor at minimum.

That leaves Watson. I'm sitting him this week @PHI, he could be an option next week @CHI, and they he has a bye.

Not in a rush to do this for sure. Need to watch practice reports. And as an aside, waivers ran and Carr is still sitting there.
Yup. That's why I tried to distinguish how you feel about Geno this week only vs Geno RoS.

If you are worried about Fields RoS then I make that deal easily, for peace of mind.

If you think Fields is going to be fine then Geno would also remain firmly on your bench RoS like Watson.

In the latter situation it's probably easier to find a stream QB for Fields than find a potential WR to replace Chase or JuJu if they continue to miss time.

Personally, I am a little concerned about Fields status RoS. I have nothing concrete but a lingering shoulder injury may inhibit his decision making when he runs. Or instinct takes over and he keeps exposing himself to further injury (I don't buy into the whole "He can't make it worse" argument).

But, absent any definitive info on Fields, you're in a tough spot. Ultimately I think it's close enough that you should feel comfortable with whichever decision you make.

Need 4
0.5 ppr

R. Stevenson @ Vikes (Thurs night)
J. Connor vs LAC
J. Wilson vs Texans
Waddle vs Texans
M. Evans @ Browns
ARSB vs Bills (Thurs)

Need 4
0.5 ppr

J. Connor vs LAC
J. Wilson vs Texans
Waddle vs Texans
M. Evans @ Browns
ARSB vs Bills (Thurs)
Tough, tough, tough. No matter who you choose there is going to be lots of second guessing.

My impulse is to play it a little cautious with Stevenson. He is still the clear lead RB in New England, 21 opportunities, 78% snap share last week, but I have the slightest concern that Harris may have earned a bit more PT and possibly the goal line work. But it's tough to bench a guy who has a minimum of 5 targets in 7 of 9 games since Ty Montgomery went down.

Conner is another consideration for the bench. But the Chargers look to have one of the worst rush defenses in the league (5.5 y/a, 148 ypg, 11 rush TDs) and even though I think he isn't a very good runner Conner is versatile, has little competition and sometimes, maybe has a real nose for the end zone.

Maybe Evans can ride the pine this week? His snap count and targets took a surprising dip last game but that most likely had to do with their first 100+ rush yard game since week 1. Considering the Browns also have a terrible rush defense, maybe the Bucs don't pass as much? Predicting game scripts is a lesson in futility but you don't have much else to go on with these choices.

I guess the Bills could shut down the Lions but I'm not sure I am going to bank on that. They gave up 10 or fewer points in 3 of their first 5 games but 20 or more in 6 of their last 8. The Lions have the #8 scoring offense despite scoring a combined 6 points in two games (@ NE, @ DAL). They average just under 31 points in their 8 other games, with only one game under 21 points and five games over 30 points scored. Bottom line is I have trouble benching ARSB in any kind of PPR format, even in a tough matchup. I don't think he will be your highest scoring player but I do think he, possibly has the safest floor with good upside.

Waddle has to be a consideration as well, maybe he should be at or near the top of the list. I don't predict game scripts but I do predict winners and losers. It will be a shock if Miami loses this game. The plus side of that is winning teams (as in teams that win regularly, like Miami @ 25.2 ppg) score more points than losing teams (like Houston @ 15.9 ppg) so Waddle will have opportunities. But everyone is going to have opportunities and maybe Tua doesn't need to go to his studs nearly as often as he would in a tight matchup. This sets up as an easier win and possibly a lower volume game for Waddle.

I don't bench Wilson against that Houston rush defense. I just don't.

I honestly don't think I can help you much but I think maybe possibly I bench in this order:

Waddle>Stevenson>Evans>Conner>ARSB>Wilson

1 PT PPR
MCarter or JMeyers or Sutton?

Want to avoid Sutton…Meyers facing a beaten up secondary but on Thurs…Carter with a new QB.

DST, pick 1 (scoring is based only on sacks, turnovers, blocks, and DST TDs)

Dal vs NYG
KC vs LAR

Kickers, pick 1

Folk vs Min
McPherson vs Ten
Myers vs LV

(yes, I stocked up on DST and K to block opponents in need this week)

Need 4
0.5 ppr

J. Connor vs LAC
J. Wilson vs Texans
Waddle vs Texans
M. Evans @ Browns
ARSB vs Bills (Thurs)
Tough, tough, tough. No matter who you choose there is going to be lots of second guessing.

My impulse is to play it a little cautious with Stevenson. He is still the clear lead RB in New England, 21 opportunities, 78% snap share last week, but I have the slightest concern that Harris may have earned a bit more PT and possibly the goal line work. But it's tough to bench a guy who has a minimum of 5 targets in 7 of 9 games since Ty Montgomery went down.

Conner is another consideration for the bench. But the Chargers look to have one of the worst rush defenses in the league (5.5 y/a, 148 ypg, 11 rush TDs) and even though I think he isn't a very good runner Conner is versatile, has little competition and sometimes, maybe has a real nose for the end zone.

Maybe Evans can ride the pine this week? His snap count and targets took a surprising dip last game but that most likely had to do with their first 100+ rush yard game since week 1. Considering the Browns also have a terrible rush defense, maybe the Bucs don't pass as much? Predicting game scripts is a lesson in futility but you don't have much else to go on with these choices.

I guess the Bills could shut down the Lions but I'm not sure I am going to bank on that. They gave up 10 or fewer points in 3 of their first 5 games but 20 or more in 6 of their last 8. The Lions have the #8 scoring offense despite scoring a combined 6 points in two games (@ NE, @ DAL). They average just under 31 points in their 8 other games, with only one game under 21 points and five games over 30 points scored. Bottom line is I have trouble benching ARSB in any kind of PPR format, even in a tough matchup. I don't think he will be your highest scoring player but I do think he, possibly has the safest floor with good upside.

Waddle has to be a consideration as well, maybe he should be at or near the top of the list. I don't predict game scripts but I do predict winners and losers. It will be a shock if Miami loses this game. The plus side of that is winning teams (as in teams that win regularly, like Miami @ 25.2 ppg) score more points than losing teams (like Houston @ 15.9 ppg) so Waddle will have opportunities. But everyone is going to have opportunities and maybe Tua doesn't need to go to his studs nearly as often as he would in a tight matchup. This sets up as an easier win and possibly a lower volume game for Waddle.

I don't bench Wilson against that Houston rush defense. I just don't.

I honestly don't think I can help you much but I think maybe possibly I bench in this order:

Waddle>Stevenson>Evans>Conner>ARSB>Wilson

Much appreciated. Need a win and these guys are pretty bunched up on the flex rankings this week. Some good matchups though so I'm hoping for the best.

1 PT PPR
MCarter or JMeyers or Sutton?

Want to avoid Sutton…Meyers facing a beaten up secondary but on Thurs…Carter with a new QB.
I have no problem avoiding Sutton but in a full PPR he still managed 5-80 which, in most PPR formats puts him around 10-13 points. That is probably close to his floor if Jeudy remains out.

In this situation Meyers is probably closer to a 6 target guy than a 10 target guy. But the upside is there because Minnesota does give up a lot of receiving yards and receptions. Not a terribly exciting option but, none of your choices really is.

Carter also has a really nice matchup. The Bears rush defense is giving up a ton of yards and have allowed 18 rush TDs this season. That's a crazy number. I don't know how Mike White will impact this game but 1) I don't think he can be any worse than Zach Wilson and 2) See 1. Carter did get a bunch of targets in White's limited time last season, he hasn't seen very many since Wilson took over so it's tough to speculate but maybe that changes with White?

I think if I am throwing a dart in this situation I probably hope it lands:
M.Carter>Meyers>Sutton

.5 PPR

Pick 3:

Montgomery @ NYJ
Jeff Wilson vs HOU
Damien Pierce @ MIA
Najee Harris @ IND
I have no problem benching Montgomery against that Jets defense. He's not a particularly dynamic player, Fields may be limited which will make defending him a whole lot easier. And the Jets defense is top 10 in most relevant metrics.

I may consider benching Pierce but I still think all of the offense flows through him and he has a better matchup, so I am more hesitant to do so.

I don't bench Najee or Wilson in this group. That seems pretty clear.

Najee>Wilson>Pierce>Montgomery

Users who are viewing this thread