What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 15 Defenses (1 Viewer)

Lupe

Footballguy
Who are you targetting now and stashing for the playoffs?

Carolina (home vs. Arizona)

Dallas (home vs. Washington)

Miami (home vs. Buffalo)

thoughts? I am going to pick up my defense this week on waiver wire

;)

Cleveland against Cincy is also worth a look.

Tampa is facing Detroit and the Lions have been an awful road team.

I currently have the Cleveland and Arizona defenses, and Arizona is facing the Panthers in week 15, but it's hard for me to have any confidence in the Cards defense with how terrible their run defense has been.

Who are you targetting now and stashing for the playoffs?Carolina (home vs. Arizona)Dallas (home vs. Washington)Miami (home vs. Buffalo)thoughts? I am going to pick up my defense this week on waiver wire
I like Carolina's D @ home vs. Arizona.

Our playoffs are 15/16, I've got a spot locked up. Carolina and Dallas already rostered for weeks 15/16 respectively. Sticking to my plan of following Arizona's offense around all year. Has worked very well so far :)

Last edited by a moderator:
:goodposting: Cleveland against Cincy is also worth a look. Tampa is facing Detroit and the Lions have been an awful road team. I currently have the Cleveland and Arizona defenses, and Arizona is facing the Panthers in week 15, but it's hard for me to have any confidence in the Cards defense with how terrible their run defense has been.
Not happy about it because I've been holding the Cards for a while for the Week 15 matchup vs Carolina but the Cards are just stinking it up a bit much for me to rely on right now. Cutting them for Obomanu...

I've been holding Arizona for week 15, but they have been so terrible. I have Pittsburgh D but the NYJ matchup looked pretty bad to me. I'll probably use the Steelers instead.

One that may be available is Minnesota at home against the Bears. the Bears have moved the ball off of teams, but they are very likely to allow 3 sacks and at least one TO. Being in Minnesota makes a big difference as well

Yup, going Bucs vs. Lions week 15. Lions are terrible on the road and Stanton could be the QB.

Hawk Fan said:
I've been holding Arizona for week 15, but they have been so terrible. I have Pittsburgh D but the NYJ matchup looked pretty bad to me. I'll probably use the Steelers instead.
Same boat as you (and a fellow Hawk fan), Pitt is tasty for the title game, but holding AZ and CLE vs. CIN for Week 15. Not too excited about AZ, and with CAR at home, might be a better play to run them than AZ, but I don't think I could stomach running CAR D in the playoffs.

Using TB vs DET in week 15 and hopefully vs SEA in week 16.
Me too. I picked up TB a few weeks ago when they faced Carolina and I had GB on a bye. I've been pleased with them so far. I have been using Green Bay most of the season, but The Pats in week 15 is a bad playoff matchup. I might roll with them in week 16 vs the Giants depending on the NY WRs. TB vs Seattle in week 16 might be a better matchup.I also like Dallas' matchups. Week 15 vs Washington and week 16 @ Arizona. They are probably available on most WWs.

For week 15, I'm still liking the Cardinals, but I'm also looking at the Bucs. The Panthers pitiful offense is making me lean towards starting Arizona against them in Week 15:

1. The Panthers offense has only scored 140 points (compared to 187 for the second worst team, the 49ers)

2. They are last in the league in yardage gained at 2,851 (Cardinals are next at 2960)

3. They're tied with the Vikes for most interceptions thrown at 17

4. They are third in sacks allowed at 33 (Bears have allowed 41)

5. They are fourth in fumbles at 12 (league worst is 14)

6. The week 15 game is at home, and oddly their points scored at home is lousy: 7, 7, 6, 23, 3, 13

I'll be watching the Cardinals offense over the next couple weeks, but I'm thinking this is the right play.

The Bucs might be a good play against the Lions with a different QB, but the Lions are above average in both points scored (258 vs. 244 average) and total yardage (3770 vs. 3749 average). They are also very near the league average for turnovers (2 higher than the average). They've only been held to under 14 points two times this year, @Vikes and @Bills.

Both the Lions and Cardinals offensive performances this week should be very telling.

I just picked up SD for my week 15/16 playoff matchups...I'll play them over the Giants in the playoffs, better matchups.

As of right now, I fully intend on using Tampa week 15. I also realize that things can change rapidly in three weeks.(Yes I also lost Gore.)

Do you like Tampa better than Arizona @ CAR or Carolina vs ARI?
Like Carolina if Arizona decided to go Max Hall or even John Skelton by then to see what he offers. Hell, Arizona may want to lose to Carolina in attempt to get themselves Andrew Luck.

As of today, I'm planning to use Tampa against the Lions (Drew Stanton) based on the Shaun Hill broken finger....

for week 14, Denver vs AZ? Denver held KC to a low point total, but didn't really score many points (few turnovers). Dallas in weeks 15 & 16 looks better and better.

I just scrounged 15 pts out of a pretty average St Louis DST unit so I think anybody playing the Cards at this point deserves consideration. For me Arizona vs Carolina is a push but I'd lean towards Carolina.

What do you think about the Raiders? havent been that great since the bye but held SD to minimal pts 4 sacks and 1 TO. they got Jax, then Den and Indy at home. might be an intriguing matchups.

I like Cleveland week 15. Joe Haden is insanely good and will be mentioned in the same breath as Revis, Nnamdi and Bailey in the very near future.

With his ball skills and how turnover prone Palmer is, I could see a pick 6.

Mello said:
Can't believe it, but I'm rolling with Dallas' awful defense vs. WAS and @ARI.
Me too, definitely the best options I had available. I think they will be great for those 2 weeks :ptts:

Would anyone consider starting St. Louis Defense at home against San Francisco week 16?

I wonder how strong the correlation is between playing at home and team defense productivity. I would think it would be fairly high and would consider using it as a tie breaker among equal matchups.

I'm debating between starting Carolina D at home v Arizona week 15 or Cleveland D on the road against Cincinnati.

New England D at Buffalo week 16 could be decent. They may be available in your league. Buffalo just gave up a decent amount of fantasy points to the Vikings D which has been awful this year.

Tampa just lost CB Aqib Talib.

From Rotoworld:

"Bucs CB Aqib Talib is done for the season after tearing a tendon off his hip bone in the team's Week 13 loss to Atlanta.

It's a monster blow to the Bucs' chances of securing a playoff berth in an extremely tight NFC, let alone their outlook for advancing. Easily the team's best player on defense, Talib leads the Bucs in interceptions (6) and pass breakups (11), and is also Tampa's top cover corner by a wide margin. The downgrade to E.J. Biggers is beyond major. Talib at least will avoid surgery. He should be healthy by the start of 2011 spring workouts."

i've got pitt....so for now looking to go with them vs the jets, steelers shut down the run and sanchez is in trouble when he's forced to pass all the time...........may stick with pitt week after if i make it taking on carolina......got KC on my roster for tenn possible week 16 matchup........

I have the Rams stashed for week 16 against SF. I am picking up Oakland v Den, Car v Ari, and Cle v Cin. Gonna hoard all the defenses and pick one that week

paulbertini said:
I have the Rams stashed for week 16 against SF. I am picking up Oakland v Den, Car v Ari, and Cle v Cin. Gonna hoard all the defenses and pick one that week
The last 6 games, WAS has given up some decent points to DST's:Team Week Result Sack FR INT DefTD PA PaYd RuYd Safety KickTD FFPts

Chicago Bears 7 W 17-14 (a) 2 1 2 1 17 187 121 0 0 11.0

Detroit Lions 8 L 25-37 (a) 7 1 1 1 25 195 80 0 0 15.0

Philadelphia Eagles 10 L 28-59 (h) 2 0 3 1 28 270 105 0 0 11.0

Tennessee Titans 11 W 19-16 (a) 3 0 1 0 19 358 107 0 1 10.0

Minnesota Vikings 12 L 13-17 (h) 4 0 1 0 13 187 29 0 0 5.0

New York Giants 13 L 7-31 (a) 4 4 2 0 7 264 74 0 0 10.0

Those are some pretty gopod defenses in there though.

They close with 15. @ DAL and 16. @ JAX

One that may be available is Minnesota at home against the Bears. the Bears have moved the ball off of teams, but they are very likely to allow 3 sacks and at least one TO. Being in Minnesota makes a big difference as well
I am trying to decide between them and Dallas, Cutler did alright last week also the fact that Tavaris Jackson could be starting and throwing a pic 6 to Chicago has me a bit concerned about grabbing the Vikings.

i've got pitt....so for now looking to go with them vs the jets, steelers shut down the run and sanchez is in trouble when he's forced to pass all the time...........may stick with pitt week after if i make it taking on carolina......got KC on my roster for tenn possible week 16 matchup........
I am in the same boat, don't want to over think it and not run Pitt, only to watch them shut down the Jets. Can you really run CAR or AZ out there for the Semifinals when you got Pitt D on your pine? Tough pill to take right there. I also have CLE D, so a tough call to make.KC? Dude you got Pitt vs CAR Week 16!

Let's keep this to week 15 and summarize. Looks like for week 15 a lot of us are going with either CAR or ARI or DAL or CLE or TB (they just lost Talib). Which Defenses would you start over these?

How would you rank these 5?

Here's mine:

1. CAR

2. ARI

3. CLE

4. DAL

5. TB

Let's keep this to week 15 and summarize. Looks like for week 15 a lot of us are going with either CAR or ARI or DAL or CLE or TB (they just lost Talib). Which Defenses would you start over these?How would you rank these 5?Here's mine:1. CAR2. ARI3. CLE4. DAL5. TB
I just don't see the Panthers as the answer, no matter how bad the Arizona offense is, the Panthers defense is worse IMO. Outside of 1 week, they have allowed 20 points or more in every game. Their pass defense is ok, but their run D is putrid. Did you see how the Seattle offense tore them apart last week? I would not feel confident starting them in the playoffs.My ranking would be:1. DAL2. CLE3. ARI4. TB5. CAR

Users who are viewing this thread