What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 17 2022 who should I start thread **OFFICIALLY UNOFFICIAL** (1 Viewer)

Half ppr
4 pts per pass TD, 6 pts rush/rec TD

QB (Hurts owner, assuming he doesn't play): Minshew v NO or HomeGoff v Chi

TE: Kmet @ Det or Taysom @ Phi

Need 2 RB & 1 flex from:

Akers @ LAC
Allgeier v Ari
Robinson v Cle
Kamara @ Phi
Walker v NYJ
G. Wilson @ Sea
M. Williams v LAR
Godwin v Car

TIA!!

Half ppr

TE
: Kmet @ Det or Taysom @ Phi

Need 2 RB & 1 flex from:

Akers @ LAC
Allgeier v Ari
Robinson v Cle
Kamara @ Phi
Walker v NYJ
G. Wilson @ Sea
M. Williams v LAR
Godwin v Car

TIA!!

Have the exact same decision and currently going with Goff, though wobbling a bit

Tell me if I'm an idiot or not. Currently starting Chark (vs Chi) at flex over CPat (vs AZ) and Juju Smith Schuster (vs Den). No PPR, but there are yardage bonuses if you go ham and get over 150.

I'm feeling good about this choice but with it being the championship, I'm well past 2nd guessing and somewhere like 7th guessing now. Am I making a mistake, FBGs ranked Juju well ahead of Chark.

Half ppr

Need 2 RB & 1 flex from:

Akers @ LAC
Allgeier v Ari
Robinson v Cle
Kamara @ Phi
Walker v NYJ
G. Wilson @ Sea
M. Williams v LAR
Godwin v Car

TIA!!
Goff, by a lot
Taysom if you're opponent looks likely to put up a lot of points, Kmet if you're favored. Taysom has huge variance but can also post huge games IMO, depends on what this particular game calls for.

For the last one, Akers, Allgier, Robinson, and Kamara are the best bets this weekend. I think I'd sit Kamara actually, maybe Akers. I'd narrow it down to those 4 and then stress over it lol.

Tell me if I'm an idiot or not. Currently starting Chark (vs Chi) at flex over CPat (vs AZ) and Juju Smith Schuster (vs Den). No PPR, but there are yardage bonuses if you go ham and get over 150.

I'm feeling good about this choice but with it being the championship, I'm well past 2nd guessing and somewhere like 7th guessing now. Am I making a mistake, FBGs ranked Juju well ahead of Chark.
I think you've got it right... basically a coin toss for me between Chark and Juju. I could see KC getting up early and sit the starters.

Currently starting Chark (vs Chi) at flex over CPat (vs AZ) and Juju Smith Schuster (vs Den)

JuJu is ranked quite a bit higher than Chark in most places I look. He would seem to have a safer floor than the boomier/bustier Chark.

I'm personally rolling with Chark this week over Cordarrelle Patterson, who only saw nine touches last game and has had his workload greatly replaced by Tyler Allgeier the past two weeks. Now, does that trend hold? I don't know. But Chark should get 3-6 targers with significant air yards against a suspect secondary.

Juju will see a Denver team that could be everywhere from super inspired to super not inspired and playing out the string. It's a wildcard what he faces. He's still, I think, safer than Chark and ranked about ten-twenty spots higher.

I personally really like watching Chark, so that's always a tough one for me. I may play Sutton over him this week. FBG has Sutton rated higher, the Athletic goes with Chark.

.5 ppr

Need 2 RB, 1WR, 1FLX

Barkley vs IND
Stevens vs MIA
Etienne @ HOU
Dobbins vs PIT
Z Moss @ NYG
Waddle @ NE....who will QB?
Z Jones @ HOU
Sutton @ KC
Pickens @ BAL
Apologies, not doing deep dives this week; #### going on.

Barkley, Stevens, Etienne IMO are the 2 RBs & Flex.

Personally I worry about the Jags rolling the Texans but I worried the same when they played the Cowboys & Chiefs so:
Zay>Waddle

Thanks everyone for being so active in here.

When this started last season (people think I started this thread but all props to @Helaire-ious who actually started the first thread) I put a lot of effort into making it a place where people came for well reasoned, if not always (or often) accurate advice.

It makes me very happy that so many of you come here and consistently offer to help your fellow FBGs with lineup advice.

I was feeling down this week because I was in unable to be here during crunch time (life happens) but checking in now makes me love this community even more than I already do. Yes, I love you all, even @Dr. Octopus who blocked me for no reason ;)
Great job everyone!!! Thank you from me and thank yourselves.

God bless, or Flying Spaghetti Monster bless (whatever :shrug: ) and may you all win Championships.

Have a great New Year.

~Chaka

P.S. the above was posted entirely sober...but I am working on changing that right now.

Thanks, Chaka, for genially leading well-reasoned discussions about who to start and who not to. It sharpens me just reading it. I hope life hasn't come at you too hard and that you can enjoy the New Year and its festivities.

Peace!

Dionte Johnson Vs Ravens
Jahan Dotson Vs Cleveland
David Montgomery Vs Lions (Herbert is back)
Jerrick McKinnon Vs Den (Hardman is back)

Which “ 1 “ goes to the bench?

Ppr. Start 2 RBs
Walker vs NYJ
Dobbins vs PIT
Moss at NYG
Cook at CIN

Walker seems locked in, Dobbins is due for a 2 TD game. So talented..

Pick 1
Njoku at WAS
Waller vs SF (Stidham🤦🏻‍♂️)

And kicker Myers v NYJ or Succop v CAR. Both home in a dome and probably favored.
Edit, both home but as pointed out, lumen field has an open roof and as I’ve read, 1.5 point dogs from what I saw on ESPN. And Raymond James is also not a dome . Learning things…

Last edited:
Both home in a dome and probably favored.

Seattle's no dome.

Your pick 'ems are very difficult. I'd go Walker and Dobbins due to volume certainty alone, never mind their talent.

WAS is tough against TEs. They're about 3rd toughest to score on in fantasy at the TE position. But watch to see if Kam Curl is out at S. They're less impressive against TEs when he's not there. Jack Del Rio came out and said so this week. Yikes.

Stidham inspires no confidence. But he looks like a check down artist, which means those inexperienced guys who like to check down like TEs in the seam or running their intermediate routes. So you could snag a catch or two that way.

I'd roll out Njoku if Curl isn't playing.

Half ppr

Need 2 RB & 1 flex from:

Akers @ LAC
Allgeier v Ari
Robinson v Cle
Kamara @ Phi
Walker v NYJ
G. Wilson @ Sea
M. Williams v LAR
Godwin v Car

TIA!!
I'm going Minshaw based on the scoring system. Just check FBGs and they agree, Minshaw 5th, Goff 11th

Agreed with the earlier poster...Kmet if you are the favorite, Hill if you are the dog.

My gut said

Godwin - Since week 5 he hasn't seen under 8 targets. He's Brady's security blanket.
Wilson - Seattle D is weak. Check out his numbers with White.
Walker - High floor, very high ceiling. He's the most likely of the above to score two TDs. I'd rather lose with him having an off game than watching him blowup on my bench.

If I was a huge underdog I might try to squeeze in Mike Williams. Something tells me that hebert tries to get him on track before the playoffs.

FBGs says

Godwin 12
Allgeier 11
Akers 12
Wilson 13
Robinson 12
Kamara 13
Walker 14

Williams 11

Ppr. Start 2 RBs
Walker vs NYJ
Dobbins vs PIT
Moss at NYG
Cook at CIN

Pick 1
Njoku at WAS

And kicker Myers v NYJ or Succop v CAR. Both home in a dome and probably favored.

Definately Walker

FBGs has it Moss, Cook, and Dobbins from 10.8 to 9.8 points. That said I think Deon is a better back than Moss and Indy is a mess. My only concern about Dobbins is both Huntley and Edwards will get the same amount of carries. Stupid thought here but I like having a bullet left on Monday night. Maybe if I'm a big dog I sneak in Cook over Dobbins.

Nioku by a mile, two miles on Sunday.

Succup in on the road in open air, ditto Myers. Boyh myself and FBG like Succop.

Superflex QB (pick 1) :

Mike White @ SEA
Geno Smith vs NYJ
Mac Jones vs MIA
Gardner Minshew vs NO

————-

PPR, TE Premium (2 PPR), return yards (0.1 PP yard)

Last offensive flex (pick 1) :

Devin Singletary (RB) @ CIN
Rashid Shaheed (WR + returner) @ PHI
Darius Slayton (WR) vs IND
Juwan Johnson (TE) @ PHI

Personal gut reaction is Minshew + Shaheed but might be close, so wanted other opinions.

Superflex QB (pick 1) :

Mike White @ SEA
Geno Smith vs NYJ
Mac Jones vs MIA
Gardner Minshew vs NO

————-

Juwan Johnson (TE) @ PHI

Personal gut reaction is Minshew + Shaheed but might be close, so wanted other opinions.
I agree with your gut.
See mine, comment 148 in this thread.

What do you think for my WR3 in PPR:

Zay Jones vs Houston (potentially limited time)
Romeo Doubs (w Watson out) vs Vikings
Richie James (NYG) vs Indy

0.5 PPR flex, need 1
J Dotson, DJ Chark, G Davis, Z Moss, Jamaal Williams

Defense, need 1
Giants (vs Colts), Chiefs (vs Broncos)

I think I prefer Dotson of your first group. Wentz will always make me nervous, but their early season numbers were good and he’s been hit lately. Only other consideration in the group is Chark for me, but he feels more boom/bust than Dotson. Third is probably Davis but I don’t like his matchup this week.

I think I’d take the Giants for your defense. The Colts feel like they’ve given up and the Giants DL should probably secure a few sacks.

Thanks for thoughts on mine!

With my top 2 out Thursday, my last RB spot is down to one of these choices:

Zach Moss @ NYG
Lat Murray @ KC
K. Herbert @ Detroit

Need a qb - 1 per 25 and 2 point bonus for tds over 40 yards. Qb options (Hurts is my QB1 but hes out):
  • White @ Sea
  • Bridgewater @ NE
  • Wilson @KC
  • Mac Jones vs Mia
  • Baker vs Bolts
  • Picket @ Balt
  • Wentz vs Clev
  • Purdy @ LV
Also wondering if you would replace any of these guys (D Adams with new QB or M Sanders) with any of the following (.5 ppr and same bonus for long tds):
  • B Robinson vs Clev
  • Pickens @ Balt
  • Fournette vs Car

Need a qb - 1 per 25 and 2 point bonus for tds over 40 yards. Qb options (Hurts is my QB1 but hes out):
  • White @ Sea
  • Bridgewater @ NE
  • Wilson @KC
  • Mac Jones vs Mia
  • Baker vs Bolts
  • Picket @ Balt
  • Wentz vs Clev
  • Purdy @ LV
Also wondering if you would replace any of these guys (D Adams with new QB or M Sanders) with any of the following (.5 ppr and same bonus for long tds):
  • B Robinson vs Clev
  • Pickens @ Balt
  • Fournette vs Car
I think for the QB I like White. He could hit the bonus on a G Wilson breakaway against a weaker SEA D. Wentz would be my second.

I don't think you can take out Adams or Sanders. If I had to, I might swap Adams for Robinson... but hard for me to sit Adams even with new QB.

• White @ Sea
  • Bridgewater @ NE
  • Wilson @KC
  • Mac Jones vs Mia
  • Baker vs Bolts
  • Picket @ Balt
  • Wentz vs Clev
  • Purdy @ LV
  • B Robinson vs Clev
  • Pickens @ Balt
  • Fournette vs Car
I think for the QB I like White. He could hit the bonus on a G Wilson breakaway against a weaker SEA D. Wentz would be my second.

I don't think you can take out Adams or Sanders. If I had to, I might swap Adams for Robinson... but hard for me to sit Adams even with new QB.
Looks like someone dropped Minshew so I grabbed him. Still deciding between Minshew and White.

One more request - Need three RBs from this group in .5 ppr, 2 point bonus on tds over 40 yds:

• Akers vs Bolts
  • N Harris at Balt
  • B Robinson vs Clev
  • Dillon vs Det

Harris has the toughest matchup and did not do much in week 15 vs Balt.

• White @ Sea
  • Bridgewater @ NE
  • Wilson @KC
  • Mac Jones vs Mia
  • Baker vs Bolts
  • Picket @ Balt
  • Wentz vs Clev
  • Purdy @ LV
  • B Robinson vs Clev
  • Pickens @ Balt
  • Fournette vs Car

Looks like someone dropped Minshew so I grabbed him. Still deciding between Minshew and White.
Hmmm that's a close one. Minshew has better weapons, that White/Wilson combo looks good this weekend, both are looking for a big win IMO... I think I give the slight nod to Minshew

Half ppr

Need 2 RB & 1 flex from:

Akers @ LAC
Allgeier v Ari
Robinson v Cle
Kamara @ Phi
Walker v NYJ
G. Wilson @ Sea
M. Williams v LAR
Godwin v Car

TIA!!
I'm going Minshaw based on the scoring system. Just check FBGs and they agree, Minshaw 5th, Goff 11th

Agreed with the earlier poster...Kmet if you are the favorite, Hill if you are the dog.

My gut said

Godwin - Since week 5 he hasn't seen under 8 targets. He's Brady's security blanket.
Wilson - Seattle D is weak. Check out his numbers with White.
Walker - High floor, very high ceiling. He's the most likely of the above to score two TDs. I'd rather lose with him having an off game than watching him blowup on my bench.

If I was a huge underdog I might try to squeeze in Mike Williams. Something tells me that hebert tries to get him on track before the playoffs.

FBGs says

Godwin 12
Allgeier 11
Akers 12
Wilson 13
Robinson 12
Kamara 13
Walker 14

Williams 11
My opponent in our 14 team dynasty just traded a late 2nd Round Pick to get Minshew to start against me. He had either LJackson or Wentz. Good move by him.

14 team Standard scoring dynasty .. 5th straight year in championship .. lost previous 4 so I am over analyzing everything

Do I:

1. Start Chubb

2. Trade AJones for Conner and start Conner over Chubb

I also have CMC, Barkley, Chubb and Henry on my roster

14 team Standard scoring dynasty .. 5th straight year in championship .. lost previous 4 so I am over analyzing everything

Do I:

1. Start Chubb

Start CMC or Barkley.

Also :lol: ...are your league mates your pets and house plants?

Do I:

1. Start Chubb

Start CMC or Barkley.

I am starting CMC and Barkley, but can do either of the following scenarios for my FLEX:

1. Start Chubb

No house plants or pets in the league, but some just like to donate $ each year :)

Do I:

1. Start Chubb

Start CMC or Barkley.

I am starting CMC and Barkley, but can do either of the following scenarios for my FLEX:

1. Start Chubb

No house plants or pets in the league, but some just like to donate $ each year :)
Well let's get the rest of the lineup. You have 5 1st/2nd round picks (re-draft value) on your roster just at RB.

Based on this week's FBG rankings you have RB 1, 2, 6, 8, and 17 in a 14 teamer. Congrats.

Personally I don't trade Jones for Conner.

0.5 PPR flex, need 1
J Dotson, DJ Chark, G Davis, Z Moss, Jamaal Williams

Defense, need 1
Giants (vs Colts), Chiefs (vs Broncos)
Feels kinda wrong, but I think Dotson is the play there with Wentz back.

I'd go with KC's defense. They were a great play last time they faced Denver, and now they are at home.

1pt PPR Flex, need 1

Zay Jones
Foreman
Sutton
Being PPR, I'd go with Zay Jones. Been more consistent, barring a bad weather game last week.

PPR, pick 2 (only one can be RB)
Bam Knight
Swift
Dortch
Olave
Taysom (only considering if Kamara doesn't play, but still probably not)

I'm the underdog by 14 estimated points. Right not I'm leaning
Olave (if healthy)
Dortch if nuk sits
Swift
Knight
Dortch if nuk plays
Taysom

0 confidence in that order outside of probably Olave at the top.
I'd go with Swift and Olave.

Half ppr

Need 2 RB & 1 flex from:

Akers @ LAC
Allgeier v Ari
Robinson v Cle
Kamara @ Phi
Walker v NYJ
G. Wilson @ Sea
M. Williams v LAR
Godwin v Car

TIA!!
QB: Goff against the Bears indoors is as good a matchup as it gets for Goff.

TE: I'd go Kmet in the highest point totaled game this week.

RB: Kamara and Robinson would be my calls, maybe a pivot to Walker if we get bad news on Kamara.

Flex: Wilson, love the matchup with White back.

I wouldn't call you crazy, but I go Juju pretty confidently. I don't really see KC taking it easy or pulling starters.

Half PPR. I need 2 out of:

Christian Kirk @ Houston
Amari Cooper @ Wasington
Drake London v Arizona
Kirk is a lock in my eyes, the other one is a tough call, but I say dance with who brung ya, and that's Cooper. Arizona is also the rare team of late, that might not force Atlanta into a pass heavy gamescript.

If Watson (hip) doesn't go, do I go with DJ Chark or Samuel? I'm leaning Chark, Full PPR.
I'd go Chark over Samuel. Samuel gets a bonus from Wentz being back, but its not a huge one.

Dionte Johnson Vs Ravens
Jahan Dotson Vs Cleveland
David Montgomery Vs Lions (Herbert is back)
Jerrick McKinnon Vs Den (Hardman is back)

Which “ 1 “ goes to the bench?
I'd sit Dotson. He's just the least involved of that group.

Ppr. Start 2 RBs
Walker vs NYJ
Dobbins vs PIT
Moss at NYG
Cook at CIN

Pick 1
Njoku at WAS

Edit, both home but as pointed out, lumen field has an open roof and as I’ve read, 1.5 point dogs from what I saw on ESPN. And Raymond James is also not a dome . Learning things…
Walker and Dobbins are easy calls in my opinion.

I'd lean Njoku with Carr out.

I'd go Myers at K. Just attached to a better offense, but one that may have to settle for FGs against a good defense.

Superflex QB (pick 1) :

Mike White @ SEA
Geno Smith vs NYJ
Mac Jones vs MIA
Gardner Minshew vs NO

————-

Juwan Johnson (TE) @ PHI

Minshew and Singletary would be my picks.

What do you think for my WR3 in PPR:

Zay Jones vs Houston (potentially limited time)
Romeo Doubs (w Watson out) vs Vikings
Richie James (NYG) vs Indy
I'd go Zay Jones. Not really worried about the Jags resting guys at all.

With my top 2 out Thursday, my last RB spot is down to one of these choices:

Zach Moss @ NYG
Lat Murray @ KC
K. Herbert @ Detroit
I know it sounds wrong, but I really trust Moss to see 15-20 carries, and have a 50-50 TD shot.

• White @ Sea
  • Bridgewater @ NE
  • Wilson @KC
  • Mac Jones vs Mia
  • Baker vs Bolts
  • Picket @ Balt
  • Wentz vs Clev
  • Purdy @ LV
  • B Robinson vs Clev
  • Pickens @ Balt
  • Fournette vs Car
I'd roll with Mike White. He's had the best track record this year, and Jets are playing for their playoff lives.

With Gibson out, I'd start Robinson over Sanders. Still think Adams is a target hog with Stidham.

.5 PPR need 2 of these 3:
AJ Dillon/Pacheco/Godwin
Godwin and Pacheco.

One more request - Need three RBs from this group in .5 ppr, 2 point bonus on tds over 40 yds:

• Akers vs Bolts
  • N Harris at Balt
  • B Robinson vs Clev
  • Dillon vs Det

Harris has the toughest matchup and did not do much in week 15 vs Balt.
I'd sit Dillon who is playing Minnesota not Detroit. Smallest workload, and not exactly known for his 40-yard TD runs.

standard scoring
Stevenson or Allgeier at flex?
I'd say Stevenson pretty easily. He's a top-5ish RB against Miami in my eyes.

PPR, still need to choose between Kenneth Walker vs Jets or Garrett Wilson at Seattle. Any last-minute insight? Thanks.
Great problem to have, it being PPR, I'd go Wilson.

Do I:

1. Start Chubb

I'd just start Chubb. Jones is worth more than Conner in dynasty, and while I do like Conner a ton this week, its not like Chubb is chopped liver.

Need 1 QB. typical yardage and 6pt all td

Kenny Pickett / at Balt
Carson Wents / Cleveland
Deshaun Watson/ Wash (side not I have Chubb)
Teddy Bridgewater/ at NE (side note I have Waddle)

Thanks in advance...

.5 ppr - Higbee (currently starting for me but late injury this week ) vs any of these:

Conklin @ Sea
Fant vs NYJ
Hurst vs Buff
Everette vs Rams

Users who are viewing this thread