What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 17 2022 who should I start thread **OFFICIALLY UNOFFICIAL** (1 Viewer)

Thanks for doing this this year Chaka! greatly appreciated!

In Standard:

Need 1 RB and 2 flex from:

Stevenson vs Miami
Pollard @ Tenn'
Swift vs Chicago
Dobbins vs Pittsburgh
R. White vs Carolina

Need 2 WR --

Zay Jones @ Hou
DJ Chark vs Chi
DPJ @ Wash
Jameson Williams vs Chicago

Defense:

Lions vs Chicago
Giants vs Indy

Somehow hobbled along to the big dance with some ugly dance partners.

SF:
Need 2 of Brady, Watson, Mike white, Darnold, Dalton or foles. White at Seattle seems a fair choice, Brady vs Carolina is okay, Watson vs Washington might be the safe route to 12-20 points. Currently have white and Watson in.

Pick a dart throw (ppr): Chris Moore, Campbell, Pierce, McKenzie, woods

Then if Henry doesn’t play pick one of those at flex, or Haskins or Z Knight.

:bag:

LCG

12 team IDP PPR, 1-QB

Pick 2 of the following 3 for WR3 + Flex

Stevenson vs MIA, Sutton @ KC, Gabe Davis @ Cinci

Currently have Stevenson + Sutton
:oldunsure:

FBG has Gabe Davis higher than Sutton.
I’m struggling with this one a little.

I really don’t want to have to watch the Broncos play. 🤢

Dulcich might be out (hammy)

I’ve decided Stevenson is my ride or die, so WR3 Sutton or Davis?

help me win my championship
ppr

start qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flex, k, def

pick a qb
hurts vs NO, Minshew vs NO, Lawrence @ HOU
leaning Philly qb whoever starts
kinda like TLaw @ HOU if Hurts is out. NOS is a pretty solid pass defense, and HOU is playing for the #1 pick.
2 Wr are set
Chase vs Buf
AJ Brown vs NO
Yes I would leave that be.
Pick 2 RB
k walker vs NYJ
Stevenson vs MIa
A. Jones vs MIN
Sanders vs NO
All these guys burned me last week. Got Walker and Stevenson in right now.

I’d go Stevenson + Jones, if Jones is healthy.
Jets D is legit. Sanders is hit & miss, and again, Saints D is legit.

If AJones practices are limited all week maybe pivot to Walker.
pick a flex out of all above (no QB) and J Waddle
leaning Waddle
It’s Waddle.
kicker
Dicker vs LAR
I dont sweat kickers but I guess hes a good one this week

DEF
Phili vs NO
I have rolled with them all year and dont see any reason not to again

thanks will answer yours
GL GB :hifive:
Agree with everything @Hot Sauce Guy wrote except I might just go with Walker over Jones because Dillon's production means they might not give him as many rushes/receptions since he is not healthy. It is really a coin flip.

LCG

12 team IDP PPR, 1-QB

I expect Davis to be in a shootout and an exciting game so I would lean towards him based on his upside. It will also be a more enjoyable game for you to watch. GL!

Had some decent luck at RB. Need to pick two out of these three (using Garrett Wilson at flex so can't use all three) in a PPR.

Cam Akers at Chargers
K. Walker vs Jets
Fournette vs Panthers

Or should I ditch Wilson and use all three? Any advice appreciated. Thanks.
Sit Walker. Fournette has been great in PPR.
Agree with this. Akers is the focal point of the offense now and has a juicy matchup against a poor run D. Fournette slightly over Walker but it's close.
Since the bye, Fournette has 6-6-4-9 receptions, huge in PPR.

LCG

12 team IDP PPR, 1-QB

I expect Davis to be in a shootout and an exciting game so I would lean towards him based on his upside. It will also be a more enjoyable game for you to watch. GL!
My opponent has Knox/Logan Wilson
I’ll (potentially) have Higgins/Bass/Davis

That’s how I have it set at the moment. Looking at targets, Davis has 6 in his last 2 games, so Sutton’s 7 isn’t that far off.

Thanks - I’m 97.7% sure I’m rolling with Davis unless someone can make a more compelling case for Sutton.

SF:
Need 2 of Brady, Watson, Mike white, Darnold, Dalton or foles. White at Seattle seems a fair choice, Brady vs Carolina is okay, Watson vs Washington might be the safe route to 12-20 points. Currently have white and Watson in.
White + Darnold is something I never thought I would be recommending this time of year. If you can’t stomach Darnold, I have Brady/Darnold as something of a coin flip.
🤢

Probably Moore. Or put them all on flash cards, drink a soda & play spin the bottle to pick. :shrug:

Dear god man. The horror.
Probably Knight.

PPR. Need one of the following for my flex (currently in order of how I have them ranked). Just pick one, or if you'd like to give a ranking, maybe just the top 3 or 4?

Z. Jones, WR, JAC @ HOU (penciled-in starter, on fire lately and last week's dud was due to weather)
Z. Moss, RB, IND @ NYG (got the vast majority of touches over Deon last week, but their offense as a whole is terrible)
J. Smith-Schuster, WR, KC v DEN (already starting Mahomes and Kelce if that matters, Denver normally has a good D but Juju scored 22 against them 3 weeks ago, many mouths to feed on KC's O)
J. Dotson, WR, WAS v CLE (3 straight great games, but Cleveland's pass D is solid and QB switching to Wentz this week)
C. Sutton, WR, DEN @ KC (scored double-digits the last 4 games he's played including last week's debacle, they'll need to keep up with KC)
J.K. Dobbins, RB, BAL v PIT (don't like how they cap him at 12-15 touches, barely played the 2nd half last week)
Z. Knight, RB, NYJ @ SEA (put up 2 straight duds, but Seattle's D is easier, Mike White back in at QB)

Thank you!

Thanks for doing this this year Chaka! greatly appreciated!

In Standard:

Need 1 RB and 2 flex from:

Stevenson vs Miami
Pollard @ Tenn'
Swift vs Chicago
Dobbins vs Pittsburgh
R. White vs Carolina

Need 2 WR --

Zay Jones @ Hou
DJ Chark vs Chi
DPJ @ Wash
Jameson Williams vs Chicago

Defense:

Lions vs Chicago
Giants vs Indy
Stevenson, Pollard, Swift, Zay, Chark, Giants D. If Pollard is out due to injury, White.

SF:

Brady and White. Moore. If Henry is out, Knight.

LCG

12 team IDP PPR, 1-QB

Sutton over Davis. Sutton has double digit PPR points in 4 straight games (not counting the ones he missed with injury), and they'll most likely have to keep up with KC. Davis only has 1 double digit game in his past 5. And CIN has a better D than KC. KC gave up 3 TD to Jeudy three weeks ago, a game Sutton missed.

Last edited:
PPR. Need one of the following for my flex (currently in order of how I have them ranked). Just pick one, or if you'd like to give a ranking, maybe just the top 3 or 4?

Z. Jones, WR, JAC @ HOU (penciled-in starter, on fire lately and last week's dud was due to weather)
Z. Moss, RB, IND @ NYG (got the vast majority of touches over Deon last week, but their offense as a whole is terrible)
J. Smith-Schuster, WR, KC v DEN (already starting Mahomes and Kelce if that matters, Denver normally has a good D but Juju scored 22 against them 3 weeks ago, many mouths to feed on KC's O)
J. Dotson, WR, WAS v CLE (3 straight great games, but Cleveland's pass D is solid and QB switching to Wentz this week)
C. Sutton, WR, DEN @ KC (scored double-digits the last 4 games he's played including last week's debacle, they'll need to keep up with KC)
J.K. Dobbins, RB, BAL v PIT (don't like how they cap him at 12-15 touches, barely played the 2nd half last week)
Z. Knight, RB, NYJ @ SEA (put up 2 straight duds, but Seattle's D is easier, Mike White back in at QB)

Thank you!
This is tough - too many choices.
Sutton > JJSS > Zay > Moss

At this point I'd say go with your gut. It makes zero difference that you're starting Mahomes, as what you need is a high scoring QB (check) and a high scoring receiver (irrelevant if it's your QB throwing them the ball) - but psychologically it can be fun to get a double TD.

I wouldn't consider Dobbins or Knight. Too many better PPR options.

LCG

12 team IDP PPR, 1-QB

Sutton over Davis. Sutton has double digit PPR points in 4 straight games (not counting the ones he missed with injury), and they'll most likely have to keep up with KC. Davis only has 1 double digit game in his past 5. And CIN has a better D than KC. KC gave up 3 TD to Jeudy three weeks ago, a game Sutton missed.
Ugh. Ya gotta go and make it difficult for me. I was all settled on Davis.
:(

(lol - j/k, thanks for the input)

Need two of the following in 0.5 PPR, one must be WR. Some are on my roster and some I can grab off the wire right now.

RB - Pacheco vs DEN. My opponent does have Mahomes but small chance he would throw any TDs to Pacheco as far as using him to offset Mahomes.
RB - Allgeier vs ARI. He definitely is coming on as of late and got 22.1 vs Saints and 13.7 vs Ravens. This seems like a much easier matchup in the two where he has already done pretty well.
RB Z. Moss at NYG. Will he continue to get a bulk of the work or was the Jackson mostly benching last week due to his tirade that week as punishment?
WR - London vs ARI. Being targeted a ton by Ridder.
WR Aiyuk at LVR. Even though Samuel is out he just isn't targeted much by Purdy. WIth Raiders benching Carr perhaps 49ers have TOP even more for more chances or they take foot off the gas earlier in the game.
WR - Sutton at KC. I dropped him a few weeks back and have a hard time trusting him. Expecting DEN will have to be throwing a ton to try and keep up but that may not matter as bad as they look.

FBGs like Aiyuk and Pacheco. I really like Allgeier. ALso like London since he seems to be the only WR Ridder wants to throw it to but they definitely don;t throw much and two Falcons are a litttle scary.

ALso I have to choose between Lawrence and Goff at QB. I read somewhere that JAX plans to play like any other game rather than resting for week 18 against TEN so that has me leaning Lawrence but if he took a big hit might they decide to take him out early?

Thank you!
I would put both Smith-Schuster and Dotson above Jones. I am worried about the passing game in the Jax game. Houston is very beatable by the run. Plus how motivated is Jax to play? This means little to them. I could easily see the up or down by two scores and they pull their starters. Zay is risky, and I am trying to decide whether to play him or not. But I don't have as good of options as JSS or Dotson. I would lean JSS out of those two.

12 team
4 pt pass TD, .25 yard passing yards

Need a QB to replace Tua:
Minshew or Daniel Jones (both motivated to win this game)

Last edited:
Standard Scoring .. No PPR

Pick 1 Flex: Chubb or Higgins
Pick 1 K: Tucker (sounds like no Lamar) or Patterson
Pick 1 D/ST: Chargers vs Rams or Giants vs Indi - Benching Bills at Cinci

Rest of team: Mahomes, CMC, Barkley, ARSB, Kelce

Thanks.

Guess, I'll start:

Super-Flex PPR:
Rolling my Lions because they're home against Chicago.
Goff, Swift, Jamaal & ARSB also Justin Jefferson & Christian Watson (assuming he plays)

Need a Flex (QB eligible)
Lamar v PIT
Huntley v PIT
Latavius @ KC
Gus v PIT
J.Cook @ CIN
Marquise Brown @ ATL
Jameson Williams v CHI

I don't check my league standings in season so I'm not sure if I have anything to play for, doubt it after the Lions came up small last week. Thinking of saying what the heck and adding Jameson Williams.
Lamar if he plays. I know Huntley has sucked, but just hard to not start a QB over the rest of that crew.

Fields or Cousins? 4 points for passing TDs

Have rode with Cousins for the last 3 weeks and hate to change now, but hard to ignore Fields last game against the Lions

Have rode with Cousins for the last 3 weeks and hate to change now, but hard to ignore Fields last game against the Lions
Fields as he wants the qb rushing record.
I heard that last week too :wink:

Buffalo did what I have been expecting teams to do for weeks now. They had a spy on him and every time he ran, there were multiple players there to tackle him. My only concern this week is the Lions actually watch the game tape of the Buffalo game and say "hey, why didn't we think of that"

.5 ppr

Need 2 RB, 1WR, 1FLX

Barkley vs IND
Stevens vs MIA
Etienne @ HOU
Dobbins vs PIT
Z Moss @ NYG
Waddle @ NE....who will QB?
Z Jones @ HOU
Sutton @ KC
Pickens @ BAL
Barkley and Etienne as RB. Waddle wr and I'd lean towards Dobbins at flex.
I have Barkley and Etienne as well. Barkley is a no brainer but are we sure that Etienne won’t be sat, or even worse, limited with only week 18 really mattering for the Jags?

.5PPR

Andrews vs PIT

Higbee vs LAC

Njoku vs WAS

and

PHI vs NO

NE vs MIA (Bridgewater)
Uggg.

I would stick with Andrews. He did great with Huntley last year, so hopefully they figure it out. Just the best player of the group and I think Higbee was a fluke week because Denver just gave up.

Defense is dependant on your league scoring. In a league where all points are sacks/turnovers, I would go with the Pats. If you get points based on keeping the score/yardage low, I would go Philly

12 team
1 ppr
Need a QB to replace Tua:
Minshew or Daniel Jones (both motivated to win this game)

Rest of lineup
Justin Jefferson
Ja’maar Chase
Amon Ra
Saquon
James Connor
Njoku
Tucker
Dallas

I find it utterly bizarre that someone, when asking a straight "this QB or this QB" question, includes completely irrelevant information like the complete list of his starters, the number of teams in the league, and that it is PPR, but doesn't tell us the points per passing TD when that might actually be relevant to the decision. Jones in a vacuum

Thank you!
I would put both Smith-Schuster and Dotson above Jones. I am worried about the passing game in the Jax game. Houston is very beatable by the run. Plus how motivated is Jax to play? This means little to them. I could easily see the up or down by two scores and they pull their starters. Zay is risky, and I am trying to decide whether to play him or not. But I don't have as good of options as JSS or Dotson. I would lean JSS out of those two.
The jags better not have that Mindset against a team that has dominated them. They need to learn how to win also.

.5 ppr

Need 2 RB, 1WR, 1FLX

Barkley vs IND
Stevens vs MIA
Etienne @ HOU
Dobbins vs PIT
Z Moss @ NYG
Z Jones @ HOU
Sutton @ KC
Pickens @ BAL
I have Barkley and Etienne as well. Barkley is a no brainer but are we sure that Etienne won’t be sat, or even worse, limited with only week 18 really mattering for the Jags?
Starting with confidence

.5 ppr

Need 2 RB, 1WR, 1FLX

Barkley vs IND
Stevens vs MIA
Etienne @ HOU
Dobbins vs PIT
Z Moss @ NYG
Z Jones @ HOU
Sutton @ KC
Pickens @ BAL
Jags say they’re not resting anyone.

.5 ppr

Need 2 RB, 1WR, 1FLX

Barkley vs IND
Stevens vs MIA
Etienne @ HOU
Dobbins vs PIT
Z Moss @ NYG
Z Jones @ HOU
Sutton @ KC
Pickens @ BAL
but that doesn't mean they won't be pulled early

.5 ppr

Need 2 RB, 1WR, 1FLX

Barkley vs IND
Stevens vs MIA
Etienne @ HOU
Dobbins vs PIT
Z Moss @ NYG
Z Jones @ HOU
Sutton @ KC
Pickens @ BAL
but that doesn't mean they won't be pulled early
Facts

Thank you!
I'd cut out the bottom two for sure.
If Sutton got the same points as last week, would you be happy with that? Because I think that's probably his floor with Russ. If you need more upside, you have them ranked pretty accurately imo.

If you switch to Fields, and he flops, will you feel worse than if you stuck with Cousins and HE was the wrong move? Sometimes it's the decision that you can live with that's the right one for you.

My biggest decisions in PPR are (2) of the following to pair with Lamb/K. Allen/CMC

Stevenson v Miami
Hopkins @ ATL
Godwin v Carolina
DK Metcalf vs Jets

I’m also contemplating Maher vs Titans not trying. Might go Gould

DST - Giants/Eagles/Chargers decision.

Another league - PPR (2) needed

Sutton/R. White/Olave/Christian Watson/M. Brown

My biggest decisions in PPR are (2) of the following to pair with Lamb/K. Allen/CMC

Stevenson v Miami
Hopkins @ ATL
Godwin v Carolina
DK Metcalf vs Jets

Stevenson/Godwin
Gould
Sutton/Watson or Olave, whoever is healthy

Stevenson v Miami
Hopkins @ ATL
Godwin v Carolina
DK Metcalf vs Jets

I like Stevenson/Godwin here.
I like Gould. Niners might not have to score much to win this one. I could see fewer 4th and short attempts/more FGs.

I like the Giants there - Foles is a pick machine. I could see Foles tossing a gift to Love that goes for 6 the other way. If he was that bad at home, NY in December isn’t gonna be a cakewalk.

No bad choices here, but Mayfield has been shockingly competent for LAR. So I’d go Eagles or Giants. No bad choice there. Eagles are a better defense.

Any D facing Foles has to be licking their chops though.

Watson isn’t practicing, so I’m assuming he’s on the doubtful side of questionable for now. If that changes, he’s a nice start.

So probably Sutton/Olave.

If you switch to Fields, and he flops, will you feel worse than if you stuck with Cousins and HE was the wrong move? Sometimes it's the decision that you can live with that's the right one for you.
Interestingly, this is the matchup in my LCG. I have Fields, my opponent has cousins.

Most rank them 5-6, 6-7, etc. this week.

It’s probably a coin flip, best decided by league scoring. If passing yards are washed out like .1/25 or .1/30 and 4 point PaTD, then Fields is several tiers above Cousins.

.1/20 and 6 pt TDs, it brings it pretty close to even. But Fields cheat code legs can rack up points a lot faster than Cousins’ arm.

Too many moving parts this week to do this. Here's a whine. I got to the finals of a dynasty full-IDP PPR league with Davante Adams, Christian Watson, and Ezekiel Elliott, among others. Now I might have to sit all three because of motivation factors. Week 17 is too early. We should have finals Week 16. My two cents. This is happening too often lately.

Too many moving parts this week to do this. Here's a whine. I got to the finals of a dynasty full-IDP PPR league with Davante Adams, Christian Watson, and Ezekiel Elliott, among others. Now I might have to sit all three because of motivation factors. Week 17 is too early. We should have finals Week 16. My two cents. This is happening too often lately.
Ok, so
1. EE - Cowboys can get a 1-seed by TCOB, and losses by PHI. They’ll play. Start EZE

2. Davante Adams - yikes.

3. Watson’s hip is doing you no favors.

Hey, 1 out of 3 ain’t bad? :shrug:

Sorry man. 🥹

Non-ppr flex:

Lockett vs NYJ - This is obviously contingent on him playing; First game back against a tough DEF
Dillon vs MIN - Been on a TD tear as of late but still splits carrier

Non-ppr flex:

Lockett vs NYJ - This is obviously contingent on him playing; First game back against a tough DEF
Dillon vs MIN - Been on a TD tear as of late but still splits carrier
Dillon.

AJones is banged up, and Minny has given up like 7 rushing TDs the last couple games.

Jets pass D is legit.

Users who are viewing this thread