What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 17 2023 who should I start thread **OFFICIALLY UNOFFICIAL** (1 Viewer)

D question:

* CHI vs ATL -- Chicago unimpressive last week after a string of solid games. ATL will want to pound, but that's CHI's strength. Heinecke an upgrade over Ridder, but he can give the ball away. ATL dome team travelling to cold Chicago. Maybe a little wind.

* DEN D vs LAC -- Stick looked ok actually while the DEN D looked unimpressive against the NE offense of all things. DEN turning to Stidham at QB. Maybe that provides a spark. LAC still have Ekeler.

* LV @Indy -- Is the LV D that good? Or KC offense that bad? LV looked like world beaters on xmas day. Minshew was terrible last week. Pittman being in or out could be the difference.

Which?

Thanks
Tough call. I think I'm off the Broncos after benching Wilson while they are still in the playoff race. Too much uncertainty with how the players respond.

The Raiders have been red hot over their last three games and if Pittman is out it's a great opportunity. But I don't love how so much of their production comes from defensive scores. Over the last five they have remarkably similar production as the Bears.

The Bears have 14 INTs in their last five games and Heinicke can certainly throw them in bunches. It's also a home game while the Raiders are in the road.

It's a total coin toss but I think I prefer the way the Raiders defensive line is disrupting ATM.

Final opinion for this season?!
FFPC scoring:
Assuming Keenan Allen is a no go,I need TWO flexes:

D.Singletary vs Tenn
Z.Flowers vs Mia
A.Thielen @ Jax
D.Goedert vs AZ
R.Shaheed @ TB
I think Singletary for volume (if Stroud plays) and probably Thielen for the same reason and the Jaguars are a pass funnel defense.

I would also consider Flowers here but he has a low floor.

This one is killin' me. Two-QB league with 6pt passing tds. My other QB is Dak- I guess I'd prefer a safe floor if that's even possible. Really I'm just trying to avoid a points hole.

Flacco vs Jets TNFB- tough matchup- but Njoku could get tds...?
Mullens vs Green Bay SNFB- would likely be a no-brainer with healthy Hockenson/Addison

Or a free agent option (gulp):
Heinicke @ Chicago
Rudolph @ Seattle
Jarrett Stidham vs LAChargers
Personally I like Flacco a little against his old team. He's been red hot and, it seems possible that he shows up again to remind the Jets to put him back on speed dial next season.

Mullens can compile stats but is he even the starter this week? And if he is how long of a leash will he be on? There is a little more uncertainty but he does seem capable of putting up stats. If you're hesitant on Flacco I can easily see rolling with Mullens. If he's a late scratch maybe grab Heinicke and cross your fingers.

ETA: @GPS Mullens benched for Jaren Hall. Hall is intriguing relative to guys like Heinicke Stidham & Rudolph but I take Flacco over any of those guys.

Last edited:
Reactions: GPS
Need two from the following, non-ppr, std scoring (6pt TD):

Higgins @KC
Lockett vs PIT
Shaheed @ TB
Godwin vs TB
I think Higgins gets one spot for me for opportunity.

The second option is a lot more difficult. Godwin has been getting opportunities lately but his efficiency is only okay and he seems like the clear second fiddle to Evans.

Shaheed's opportunities are less locked in so he's more of your home run play.

Lockett has been mostly disappointing this year. You just have to hope this is somehow a TD game for him.

Yeah I don't like these options but I probably end up starting Lockett and crossing my fingers.

This one is killin' me. Two-QB league with 6pt passing tds. My other QB is Dak- I guess I'd prefer a safe floor if that's even possible. Really I'm just trying to avoid a points hole.

Flacco vs Jets TNFB- tough matchup- but Njoku could get tds...?
Mullens vs Green Bay SNFB- would likely be a no-brainer with healthy Hockenson/Addison

Or a free agent option (gulp):
Heinicke @ Chicago
Rudolph @ Seattle
Jarrett Stidham vs LAChargers
Personally I like Flacco a little against his old team. He's been red hot and, it seems possible that he shows up again to remind the Jets to put him back on speed dial next season.

Mullens can compile stats but is he even the starter this week? And if he is how long of a leash will he be on? There is a little more uncertainty but he does seem capable of putting up stats. If you're hesitant on Flacco I can easily see rolling with Mullens. If he's a late scratch maybe grab Heinicke and cross your fingers.

ETA: @GPS Mullens benched for Jaren Hall. Hall is intriguing relative to guys like Heinicke Stidham & Rudolph but I take Flacco over any of those guys.
Yeah, the Vikings just made that decision easier. Rollin' with Joe as long as Cooper is active.

Good luck to everyone playing in the championship!

Need a QB where they get 4 per passing TD. Murray (vs Phi) or Geno (vs Pit). Would I be crazy to add and go with Darnold (vs Was) if Brock sits?

Ekeler (vs De) at the flex or pick up one of Reed (vs Min) or Pickens (vs Sea). Half PPR.
I lean Murray. Rushing upside, Philly D is more fantasy friendly for QB's. Philly will score a lot and could/should be a game where Kyler has to throw a lot.

I'm not playing Ekeler again. They may give half the carries to Spiller/Kelley. I think between the 2 WR's, I'd take the upside of Pickens and hope Rudolph locks into him.

Another team (albeit for the "Toilet Bowl") has me contemplating the following: 6pt TDs, .5pt PPR for runners....

Zamir White (if Jacobs out again) v. Indy
Zeke Elliot (w/Rhamondre officially on IR, but also with "the poops", or somethin') v. Buffalo
Edwards-Helaire (if Ike is officially out, which seems to be where he's trending, but ALSO with "the poops", or whatever) v. Cin

Need to start one of those fine gentleman along side Etienne, if their apparent "intestinal discomfort" cooperates. White has the best matchup (on paper) if Jacobs can't go, while Elliot is probably the guy with the best chance at dominating snap shares (unless Hobo Hoodie decides to start giving younger guys reps, just because he can). CEH is....a guy I have no idea why I even bother with. He could be all alone in the Chiefs' backfield and I wouldn't feel good about starting him. Guy is the epitome of a JAG, so perhaps he isn't even worth talking about in my case. <shrug>

Championship match
PPR, 5 pt bonus at 150 yds rushing or receiving

Need 2 RB and 1 Flex
Listed in descending order of projections
Number in parentheses is opposing defense's rank in points allowed to the position (high number = favorable matchup)

Bijan Robinson @ CHI (25)
Gibbs @ DAL (10)
Etienne vs CAR (28)
Swift vs ARI (32)
Godwin vs NO (8)
Higgins @ KC (5)

Planning on the top 3 for now, but Swift is interesting. I am a 33-point favorite.

12 team .5ppr/ppfd start 3WR

I have to obviously start Jayden Reed (if healthy practice all week) over Noah Brown vs Ten and Demarcus Robinson vs NYG?

Also in a .5ppr ten team do I start Mostert or Walker in the flex? Thanks

Jaren Hall v GB
Heinicke @ Chi
Rudolph @ Sea
Brisset v SF
Levis/Tannehill @ Hou
Stidham v LAC

Are any of these guys worth starting? I am intrigued by Hall as a 25 year old rookie with some mobility. He has great receiving options and the Packers suspended Jaire Alexander for this game.

Another team (albeit for the "Toilet Bowl") has me contemplating the following: 6pt TDs, .5pt PPR for runners....

Zamir White (if Jacobs out again) v. Indy
Zeke Elliot (w/Rhamondre officially on IR, but also with "the poops", or somethin') v. Buffalo
Edwards-Helaire (if Ike is officially out, which seems to be where he's trending, but ALSO with "the poops", or whatever) v. Cin

Need to start one of those fine gentleman along side Etienne, if their apparent "intestinal discomfort" cooperates. White has the best matchup (on paper) if Jacobs can't go, while Elliot is probably the guy with the best chance at dominating snap shares (unless Hobo Hoodie decides to start giving younger guys reps, just because he can). CEH is....a guy I have no idea why I even bother with. He could be all alone in the Chiefs' backfield and I wouldn't feel good about starting him. Guy is the epitome of a JAG, so perhaps he isn't even worth talking about in my case. <shrug>
Obvious injury disclaimer vis-a-vis Jacobs & Pacheco.

IDK I think they are similar options. Zeke has an edge as he has an insane 25 targets in his three starts with 21 receptions and 126 yards (42/g). But, I'm still skeptical as it is a tough matchup that I think the Patriots lose handily. I don't love playing guys from potentially weak offenses. But it's not entirely prohibitive and an average of 8 points from receptions & receiving yards per start he needs to be considered.

CEH and the Chiefs should beat the Bengals and CEH should be the lead back and see about 15-18 opportunities. But what's his target upside? Four?

Zamir has a very solid matchup, on paper, and is in line for a lot of touches and the Raiders certainly could win this game. But he doesn't seem to be much of a factor in the passing game.

IDK and I can't suss it out anymore. My gut/hope says Zamir but it's based on nothing.

:shrug:

Last One just for fun

Hunt v Jets
Z White @ Indy
J Hill v Mia
J Wilson @ Bal
C Brown @ KC

Thanks Again
ATM it has to be Hunt IMO. I like Zamir more if Jacobs is out (he was DNP again today IIRC) but I like Hunt a lot more than the other three so you have to consider your risk aversion, which is probably different than mine. I think Jacobs plays.

Championship match

Need 2 RB and 1 Flex
Number in parentheses is opposing defense's rank in points allowed to the position (high number = favorable matchup)

Gibbs @ DAL (10)
Etienne vs CAR (28)
Swift vs ARI (32)
Godwin vs NO (8)
Higgins @ KC (5)

Planning on the top 3 for now, but Swift is interesting. I am a 33-point favorite.
This is difficult for me as I have Bijan, Gibbs & Swift all starting for me so I feel biased towards them.

If I were to sub one it would probably be Bijan for Etienne because of the matchup, but he's been so inefficient and his usage hasn't been great so I don't think I would.

But I am way too close to this and my bias is probably blinding me.

Jaren Hall v GB
Heinicke @ Chi
Rudolph @ Sea
Brisset v SF
Levis/Tannehill @ Hou
Stidham v LAC

Are any of these guys worth starting? I am intrigued by Hall as a 25 year old rookie with some mobility. He has great receiving options and the Packers suspended Jaire Alexander for this game.
Starting over who?
More of a thought experiment. Say as a SF over a flex player type (WR 3/RB 3).

Are you starting any of them over say Zamir (if Jacobs is out? Or Jerome Ford? Jayden Reed? Singletary? Zeke? Ridley? Etc.

What about Higgins, Rice, Swift? Montgomery?

Last edited:
PPR, please help me pick one.

Ridley v. CAR
Hopkins v. HOU.
Yeah with Lawrence trending poorly I'm not sure how much I trust Ridley. The hope is Beathard views him as a safety blanket and peppers him with high percentage targets. But in his 15 attempts last week Engram saw 8 to 4 for Ridley.

If Levis plays I like Hopkins a bit but only a little. The hope is Levis and Stroud get into a game of "anything you can do, I can do better"

But, is that really something to base a championship hope upon?

Maybe. I think I lean Hopkins.

I am hanging on by a very thin thread at WR here at the end. Now Waddle is probably out so I'm down to

Nico Collins vs Tenn
and
1 of :
Noah Brown vs Tenn
Odell Beckham vs Mia.

Or the following are available free agents:

Cedrick Wilson @ Bal
Pickens @ Sea
Dionte Johnson @ Sea
KJ Osborn vs Green Bay
any Giants Receiver vs LAR
and a bunch of the usual guys

Who would you pick at WR to play alongside Collins. (Not sure if CJ Stroud will play)
Pickens for me.

Deciding between the following (4pt pass tds/6pt non-passing .5 ppr)

QB:
Murray v Phi or...
Methuselah Flacco v Jets

Two of these RBs:
Helaire(if Pacheco out) v Cin
Elliot v Buf
Conner v Phi
Chandler v GB
White v NO

Currently leaning Murray, White and...Chaaaandler(question mark) right now? Elliot maybe the play with White if Rhamondre remains out given the passing down work hes been getting. Probably like Conner the best to pair with White, but hate his matchup.
White is a lock.

I think it's between Conner and Zeke. Chandler has been really inefficient and doesn't get a ton of passing game work. He could break a few big plays, but if they get behind early he may not do much. Zeke is also super inefficient, but gets a ton of passing game work. Conner is actually pretty efficient and gets decent passing game work. The Cardinals aren't amazing, but I feel better about Kyler Murray moving the ball down the field than Bailey Zappe.

Joe mixon against the chiefs or James cook against the patriots?
Cook. He's been hot. Tied to a much better QB, and their offense has been looking to run it a lot more of late.

Mixon's had a few really good games since Burrow's injury, but he's also had some duds. Chase Brown seems to keep getting more involved.

I’m a massive underdog so it probably doesn’t even matter, but I need to choose 2 of the 5 RBs from this poopoo platter:

.5 PPR, start 1 QB/2 RB/3 WR or TE

Mixon vs KC
Elliot vs Buf
Pollard vs Det
N. Harris vs Seattle
CEH vs Cin

I literally just picked up CEH off waivers and if Pacheco is out, I think I may lean towards Mixon and CEH?
Pollard and Mixon. Probably the 2 best backs of the group.

Dallas will likely be in a shoot out.
Cincy will need to score points--can they? Mixon has had some solid weeks catching the ball when the team was playing catch up.

Championship match

Need 2 RB and 1 Flex

Gibbs @ DAL (10)
Etienne vs CAR (28)
Swift vs ARI (32)
Godwin vs NO (8)
Higgins @ KC (5)

Bijan, Gibbs and ETN for me. I'd feel really good with those 3.

Jaren Hall v GB
Heinicke @ Chi
Rudolph @ Sea
Brisset v SF
Levis/Tannehill @ Hou
Stidham v LAC

FBG has Stidham ranked the highest. Good matchup vs LAC.

Hall has upside for the reasons you noted.

All of them could wind up turning it over a ton.

Unusual one: SF Guillotine League, The final is a 3 team faceoff over 2 weeks. Would love to get as many responses as possible.
0.75 PPR for RB's, 1 PPR For WR's, 1.5 PPR for TE's

I'm down 0.6 points after the 1st week. I'm projected score the most this week. I'm 12 points ahead of the 3rd place team and projected to outscore him by 18 points. I'm projected to outscore the guy in 1st by 35 points. All 3 teams are fairly stacked, but I do feel like I have the best overall roster.

In the last flex spot: pick 1

Barkley vs LAR
Bijan @ Chicago
Kupp @ NYG
McBride @ Philly
Olave @ TB

I *think* I lean Olave. He's been white hot. TB gives up the 4th most fantasy points to WR's (including 10 for 172 to Drake London).
McBride would be the other option given the TE premium. Just a little less in love after last week's dud despite a + matchup.

Rest of the roster in case you think I should sit someone else:

QB: Hurts
RB: ETN
RB: Kamara
WR: Hill
WR: AJ BRown
WR: ARSB
TE: Kelce
Flex1: Justin Jefferson
Flex 2: ?????
SF: Mahommes

PPR

Pick 1:
DJ Moore
N Collins

Pick 2:
Barkley
Bijan
D Montgomery
DJ Moore / N Collins (whoever not chosen above)

Pick 1:
Baltimore D (Miami)
Denver D (LA Chargers)

PPR

Pick 1:
DJ Moore
N Collins

Pick 2:
Barkley
Bijan
D Montgomery

Pick 1:
Baltimore D (Miami)
Denver D (LA Chargers)
Nico—Sounds like Stroud is good and TN doesn’t scare anyone

Barkley
Bijan
Two best backs. Monty: have to worry about Gibbs taking the passing game work when it becomes a shoot out.

Denver—Allen not practicing. Even if he plays, I’d rather target Stick and Keenan than Tua and Tyreke

Unusual one: SF Guillotine League, The final is a 3 team faceoff over 2 weeks. Would love to get as many responses as possible.
0.75 PPR for RB's, 1 PPR For WR's, 1.5 PPR for TE's

I'm down 0.6 points after the 1st week. I'm projected score the most this week. I'm 12 points ahead of the 3rd place team and projected to outscore him by 18 points. I'm projected to outscore the guy in 1st by 35 points. All 3 teams are fairly stacked, but I do feel like I have the best overall roster.

In the last flex spot: pick 1

Barkley vs LAR
Bijan @ Chicago
Kupp @ NYG
McBride @ Philly
Olave @ TB

I *think* I lean Olave. He's been white hot. TB gives up the 4th most fantasy points to WR's (including 10 for 172 to Drake London).
McBride would be the other option given the TE premium. Just a little less in love after last week's dud despite a + matchup.

Rest of the roster in case you think I should sit someone else:

QB: Hurts
RB: ETN
RB: Kamara
WR: Hill
WR: AJ BRown
WR: ARSB
TE: Kelce
Flex1: Justin Jefferson
Flex 2: ?????
SF: Mahommes
Look, you have great options and there isn't a lot you can do to distinguish among them. Olave is pretty locked and if you like him this week then you should start him.

I am having a lot of trouble making a choice but I keep coming back to Kupp who is also locked in with a good matchup.

With players of this caliber you will get defensible arguments for each of them.

What I will say is if McBride is a scratch after last week and facing a pass funnel Eagles defense, why is Kelce a lock to start after last week?

Over the last five games Kelce sees 7.2 targets/game for 5-65 with 0 TDs, McBride is seeing 8.8 targets for 7-65 with one TD. It's a very small distinction and Kelce is at home but that's a little over a 3 PPG edge for McBride over the last five in TE premium formats.

Not sure I would have the stones to do it but it bears considering.

PPR

Pick 1:
DJ Moore
N Collins

Pick 2:
Barkley
Bijan
D Montgomery

Pick 1:
Baltimore D (Miami)
Denver D (LA Chargers)
Probably Collins but it's close and I prefer the Barkley & Bijan in PPR format.

Denver definitely has the better matchup and maybe they rally after benching Wilson. But I have deep concerns about benching your starting QB while still in the playoff race. What message did that send to everyone on the roster? "We're cleaning house and you're all possibly looking for jobs next year." Seems like a possible interpretation.

I probably risk it with the Ravens.

One decision now that Cooper didn't play...

Flex
McLaurin vs SF
Diontae @SEA

0.5PPR
I think, ultimately I prefer McLaurin. His target share seems more consistent and he seems to have a higher target ceiling. The Commanders also have a lesser run game (30th in attempts, 1st in pass attempts) and are more likely to be trailing on the scoreboard.

PPR league. Need one in the flex.

* R. Mostert @BALT -- Bad matchup. Still getting the TDs, but don't expect high yardage totals. Achane will get his touches and it looks like J. Wilson is in the mix now. Another concern is his health. Definitely banged up but McDaniel saying he'll play. Risk of re-injury.

* D. Montgomery @DAL -- Wont be surprised to see DET pound Monty to start, but as a 5.5 point underdog playing Dallas at home could see this being more of a Gibbs game with Dallas as usual playing lights out at home and getting a lead. Note: I'm also starting J. Gibbs. Could fall into the endzone though.

* C. Edwards Helaire vs CINCI -- This is assuming Pacheco is out. Reports as of now are that Pacheco is practicing Friday so he may have a chance. If he's out, CEL is getting all the touches. He's a marginal talent, but this could be a get right game against a lousy CINCI D. KC seems a bit fired up too and J. Chase is pouring gasoline on the fire with some trash talk.

Who?

Thanks

Super Flex, PPR

Operating under the assumption that Josh Jacobs misses this week would anyone play

Zamir @ IND
Bijan @ CHI
Jaren Hall v GB

Last edited:
Made it to Final 4 in local High Stakes League, Championship in Week 18, this week's H2H matchup is huge, and I'm down 0-22 after my opponent got 12 from Breece Hall and 10 from Browns D/ST last night. He also has Mahomes, who, my gut tells me, is very likely to rebound massively this week vs the Bengals.

He'll also start Singletary and DMontgomery, for sure...and everyone's kicker darling of the week, Fairbairn.

Lucky for me, he just lost Waddle, and it looks like Sutton and CWatson might not be available to him, leaving him thin at WR (Thielen, Chark, Beckham, Shaheed, must start 3), and his TE room is TayHill/JuJohnson, which isn't awe-inspiring.

I'll be starting Dak, CMC, Lockett, Cooks, LaPorta, Moody, Broncos, for sure, as well as one of KAllen or Kincaid, depending on KAllen status. Lost Cooper for the week, last night.

Standard Scoring: if they don't hit 80+ yards rushing OR receiving (not combined, 3 at 80, an additional 3 at 100, 3 for every 50 thereafter), or score TD's (6 for rush TD, 9 for receiving TD)...they get zero.

CMC is my RB1

Choose 2 from these 4:

Pollard vs Lions
Gibbs @ Cowboys
Chandler vs Packers
Zeke @ Bills

Thanks, any and all, for your input, and good luck!

PPR league. Need one in the flex.

* R. Mostert @BALT -- Bad matchup. Still getting the TDs, but don't expect high yardage totals. Achane will get his touches and it looks like J. Wilson is in the mix now. Another concern is his health. Definitely banged up but McDaniel saying he'll play. Risk of re-injury.

* D. Montgomery @DAL -- Wont be surprised to see DET pound Monty to start, but as a 5.5 point underdog playing Dallas at home could see this being more of a Gibbs game with Dallas as usual playing lights out at home and getting a lead. Note: I'm also starting J. Gibbs. Could fall into the endzone though.

* C. Edwards Helaire vs CINCI -- This is assuming Pacheco is out. Reports as of now are that Pacheco is practicing Friday so he may have a chance. If he's out, CEL is getting all the touches. He's a marginal talent, but this could be a get right game against a lousy CINCI D. KC seems a bit fired up too and J. Chase is pouring gasoline on the fire with some trash talk.

Who?

Thanks
I definitely see the issue here. I can't bring myself to start CEH over Mostert, I just can't. Montgomery is a little more difficult of a proposition vis-a-vis Mostert. They both face tough defenses on the road and you have to wonder if Baltimore has a letdown after an emotional Monday night game or if the Dolphins continue they can't beat winning teams on the road. Their four road wins came against teams with a combined record of 19-37 (excluding losses to the Dolphins). The Ravens have a solid rush defense 1st in rush TD allowed (5), 4th in attempts but only 12th in yards allowed and 22nd in y/a. It's hard to look at that and convert it into meaningful conclusions.

The Cowboys seem to simply smash at home. The Lions are good enough to beat anyone, anywhere and I don't think they crumble like they did against Baltimore. In fact their three other losses came as mostly a surprise against average teams (v Sea, v GB & @ Chi). They can go into Dallas and control the LoS...maybe. The Cowboys are middle of the pack against the run across the board so there is an opportunity. Over his last five games Monty is averaging just under 18 opportunities per game for 72 yards (1.6 receptions) with 3 TDs. That includes two solid games against Min & Chi who have objectively better rush defenses than the Cowboys.

What does it all mean? It means you have a heck of a difficult decision.

I probably start Montgomery but I can see backing off at the last minute for Mostert. Which, of course means CEH will have the best game.

Sorry, wish I could be more helpful.

Made it to Final 4 in local High Stakes League, Championship in Week 18, this week's H2H matchup is huge, and I'm down 0-22 after my opponent got 12 from Breece Hall and 10 from Browns D/ST last night. He also has Mahomes, who, my gut tells me, is very likely to rebound massively this week vs the Bengals.

He'll also start Singletary and DMontgomery, for sure...and everyone's kicker darling of the week, Fairbairn.

Lucky for me, he just lost Waddle, and it looks like Sutton and CWatson might not be available to him, leaving him thin at WR (Thielen, Chark, Beckham, Shaheed, must start 3), and his TE room is TayHill/JuJohnson, which isn't awe-inspiring.

I'll be starting Dak, CMC, Lockett, Cooks, LaPorta, Moody, Broncos, for sure, as well as one of KAllen or Kincaid, depending on KAllen status. Lost Cooper for the week, last night.

Standard Scoring: if they don't hit 80+ yards rushing OR receiving (not combined, 3 at 80, an additional 3 at 100, 3 for every 50 thereafter), or score TD's (6 for rush TD, 9 for receiving TD)...they get zero.

CMC is my RB1

Choose 2 from these 4:

Pollard vs Lions
Gibbs @ Cowboys
Chandler vs Packers
Zeke @ Bills

Thanks, any and all, for your input, and good luck!
I have great difficulty benching Gibbs at this point. I think he should probably be viewed in the unbenchable category. He gets plenty of usage in positive & neutral game scripts and arguably more in negative game scripts. He is by far your best player, like not even remotely close, and has the highest ceiling and a good floor too.

The Packers have a vulnerable run defense for sure and you have to think the Vikings will want to shield Hall as much as possible with the running game. But, eight touches last week does make me nervous. What was that all about?

Zeke is seeing a lot of action, surprisingly in the passing game too but you are not in a PPR league and Zeke doesn't seem like a great yardage option. Decent shot at a TD but there isn't a bunch to get excited about.

Pollard has been shockingly disappointing this season and has a tough rushing matchup. But even when the Cowboys win big at home he isn't seeing a ton of efficiency or TDs. How can you trust this guy at this point? But what are the consequences if you don't?

I might risk it all with Chandler but I wouldn't do it with much hope or confidence.

Well, I sat Flacco and Ford last night and obviously got that wrong. Here is my new week 17 championship dilemma.

Non-ppr league and I need to start two of these players:

Hubbard vs JAC - getting 65% snap share
Pittman vs LV - Hard to sit and looks like he cleared protocol
D. Smith vs ARI - Has been on a tear lately
Z. White vs IND - If Jacobs sits, he is inline for the lions share
CEH vs CIN - Looks like he will start a Pacheco has one less day to clear protocol

My waiver moves served me well in this 10-team league, but now have quite the dilemma.

Any an all, please chime in....

Well, I sat Flacco and Ford last night and obviously got that wrong. Here is my new week 17 championship dilemma.

CEH vs CIN - Looks like he will start a Pacheco has one less day to clear protocol

My waiver moves served me well in this 10-team league, but now have quite the dilemma.

If Pittman plays you start Pittman. After that I would go White then Smith (assuming JJ doesn't play). If he does i would reverse that decision

In a non-PPR it is more complicated (PPR Pittman is an auto start).

If Josh Jacobs is out, I start White and don't really look back.

Devonta Smith is probably your other best option. The Cardinals are technically a run funnel defense but they are 28th in the league in pass TDs allowed (27).

But, is that enough to start him over a volume guy like Hubbard? IDK, particularly as the rushing defense is the strength of the Jaguars.

I also have trouble recommending CEH in non-PPR formats but, I know many people think the Chiefs will smash this week. He could easily be the winner out of this group but I have the least confidence in him.

Starting Pittman in a non-PPR is fraught but he does seem like a good bet to hit the 80 yard mark. It's tougher to predict the TDs as Minshew isn't very prolific and the Raiders have been playing solid defense of late.

All that is to say I see a bunch of coin tosses. I probably land on Zamir* then Devonta & Hubbard. Tough calls. Good luck.

If Pittman plays you start Pittman. After that I would go White then Smith (assuming JJ doesn't play). If he does i would reverse that decision
Do you feel that way about Pittman in non-PPR formats?

Do you feel that way about Pittman in non-PPR formats?

Over Smith yes...Pittman has a solid floor as there is. Especially lately. White has the best chance at a td. Smith doesn't get a ton of targets.

I'd have to go against the Rookie on the road, Chaka.

Before they nodded off on the road in Atlanta, the Colts D rang up a pretty nice string of stats from Weeks 9-15. I don't see why, at home vs AO'C, they can't get back on track.

Minshew shouldn't have to play outside the game script in this one. Colts should run successfully, play stout defense, and get the W.

Ppr

Monty vs Dallas

Or

Zeke vs Buf

?
In a PPR Zeke may have the edge here but I don't see a very high ceiling unless you truly believe the Patriots can win this game.

I think if you need a little more juice I may risk it with Montgomery because I do think the Lions could, maybe, possibly win this game, or at least keep it competitive. They are 6-2 on the road but did get crushed by the Ravens in Baltimore and they don't have a "signature win" on the road this year. That opening game at KC doesn't look nearly as impressive in retrospect and it was a loooong time ago. But they are a strong offense with a punchers chance at least. Montgomery should see 15-18 opportunities and that should be enough to outshine Zeke IMO.

Ridley (vs Car) or Reed (vs Min) in half PPR? Thanks!
I honestly have no idea how to view this but my gut is steering me clear of Ridley this week. Maybe the inconsistency issues go away with Beathard, likely, under center but if not it's hard to think he didn't hit his high note last week (and GB him for it because he was a late addition to my lineup). But the guy has been all over the map and, in very limited action Beathard sent 8 of 15 targets to Engram and 4 to Ridley. That may still translate to 10 or so this week but are we supposed to assume every retread new starter at QB is going to throw for 300+ yards and a couple or three TDs? Maybe, after all I am sincerely considering benching Bijan for Jaren Hall myself. But I can't count on it for the WRs who may, or may not, benefit from it.

Either way, if Reed is healthy he has shown enough ability to match Ridley this season, if not be simply better. Considering Carolina is a run funnel defense and Minnesota leans towards being more vulnerable to the pass I think I lean towards Reed.

Users who are viewing this thread