What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 17 Celebration Thread (1 Viewer)

Won my first league championship in my 9 year history in my big money league. It was my 3rd title game appearance.$1000 prize. And the league treasurer just delivered 10 crisp $100 bills to me 20 minutes ago. Thats a quick payout. :banned: :headbang: :pickle: :moneybag: :towelwave:

Won the Toilet Bowl :bag: in my big money league (wk 16) - $300Won the Superbowl in my low-stakes league (wk 17) - Bragging Rights :yes: Could have been worse - ready for 2006!!TOADS

Won my first Superbowl!!!Had a string of awful luck. Been playing for 8 years. Always had a competitive team...just didn't get the breaks.Today was my day.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just won the DirecTV Fantasy Fours contest that you are eligible to compete in when you get the NFL Sunday Ticket Superfan package. You pick one QB, one RB, one WR and a team you think will score the most points every week. The catch is you can only use those picks once the entire season. Your overall points continue to total throughout the season. My screen name for Fantasy Fours was SnowCrash in case anyone else with DirecTV saw it in GameTracker or on the game channels Sunday morning. I was in the lead for the last 4 weeks. Just checked my scores to confirm I won after the Cowboys-Rams game. Last year they gave a trip to the Pro Bowl to the winner. I haven't seen anything advertised prominently about a prize this year though. I guess I'll hope I get something! I'll edit my post with any news of a prize. If there is a way to post a screenshot of the DirecTV GameTracker on this thread, I'll do it just in case anyone doesn't believe. :D

Here are screenshots of my DirecTV GameTracker after I won:

GameTracker Screenshot #1

GameTracker Screenshot #2

Update 1/5/06:

==========

All of the above happened on the night of the 1st of January. The regular season was over and I was excited to be the winner of their nationwide Fantasy Fours contest. As I said above, I have planned to post any news of a prize - even a congratulatory email from DirecTV. I heard nothing so by Tuesday the 3rd, I emailed them. Just now, on the night of the 5th, I have received a reply to my email. I'm posting their heartfelt email below just to show how much they appreciate all of us who have subscribed not only to their NFL Sunday Ticket package but also the SuperFan package :wall:

On 1/5/06, DIRECTV Customer Service <directvcustomercare@directv.com> wrote:

Thank you for writing. I am pleased to hear of your participation in the GameTracker application. There is no physical prize this year. I hope this will clarify your current situation. Please continue to visit DIRECTV.com for the latest news and information.

Jenn

DIRECTV Customer Service
And my reply to that was:
Jenn,

Wow. I have enjoyed the NFL SuperFan package, but this is a real let down. Last year you send the winner to the Pro Bowl in Hawaii, and this year, not even a congratulatory email. A simple cold, hard reply to the email I sent several days ago asking about winning your nationwide Fantasy Fours contest - or as you put it: "my current situation". You don't even fake being "pleased" that well. "Pleased" is such a truly exuberant way to celebrate with someone that was excited (emphasis on WAS) to win your contest. I truly believe your customer satisfaction commitment is below zero. DirecTV must have reached its subscriber goal. If so, I am PLEASED.
:rant:

I just won the DirecTV Fantasy Fours contest that you are eligible to compete in when you get the NFL Sunday Ticket Superfan package. You pick one QB, one RB, one WR and a team you think will score the most points every week. The catch is you can only use those picks once the entire season. Your overall points continue to total throughout the season. My screen name for Fantasy Fours was SnowCrash in case anyone else with DirecTV saw it in GameTracker or on the game channels Sunday morning. I was in the lead for the last 4 weeks. Just checked my scores to confirm I won after the Cowboys-Rams game. Last year they gave a trip to the Pro Bowl to the winner. I haven't seen anything advertised prominently about a prize this year though. I guess I'll hope I get something! I'll edit my post with any news of a prize. If there is a way to post a screenshot of the DirecTV GameTracker on this thread, I'll do it just in case anyone doesn't believe. :D
:thumbup: Trip to the Pro Bowl would be money. Seriously.

Won my 3rd straight in a fairly competitive friends league coming from a wild card spot. Torry Holt gets just enough yards to give me a 1 pt victory. A little too close for comfort, but I'll take it and the extra $100.

I won the championship as a number 3 seed! The funny thing is the fact that it's an auction league. After the draft I had 12 pts remaining out of the starting 100. I was taking some ribbing after that. Key players for me were L.J and Ricky W.Good job to my FBG brethren!

I actually tied in my head to head championship game which was a combo of weeks 16 and 17.I was down 18 points after last week. Things were looking good after LJ's 40 point performance, but with Carr going out early, I knew I had no chance to win. Wilford and Gore helped me out and I would have won if Gore would have gotten 2 more yards..... A tie was nice though. Overall, I will take home about $300 for spiltting the head to head championship.

15 year old, 12 team keeper league with a mixture of sharks, guppies and one clown fish.I won my third straight championship this year with the team below. Please bear in mind that I drafted most of the guys on that team as rookies and have held onto them. The MAJOR exception is Mr. Larry Johnson. I picked him up midway through the season last year and rode his stellar late season play to a championship. I had limited roster spots and had to decide between LJ and Holmes for the last one this year and swung a trade whereby I gave up some draft picks in exchange for another guy taking LJ for me. I think it worked out.Congratulations to all above and good luck repeating next year.

Super Bowl Champion here even with a weak 17 championship lineup of:Brady (played less than a quarter)Duckett (6 carries for negative yards)Cadillac GallowayHoltBennett (9 yards receiving)KasayMinnesota DefCongrats to all

Won my main money league (after 3 straight years of losing in the finals) despite some bonehead lineup decisions.Week 17 lineupKerry ColinsLarry JohnsonJamal Lewis (instead of Tatum Bell :bag: )Chris ChambersDonal Driver (benched Plaxico for him :wall: )Tony GonzalezNeil RackersSteelers DefenseI :wub: Larry Johnson

I am the champ of our 12 team league. It is the first time winning after 4 years. This was our league's 6th Superbowl.

15 year old, 12 team keeper league with a mixture of sharks, guppies and one clown fish.

I won my third straight championship this year with the team below. Please bear in mind that I drafted most of the guys on that team as rookies and have held onto them. The MAJOR exception is Mr. Larry Johnson. I picked him up midway through the season last year and rode his stellar late season play to a championship. I had limited roster spots and had to decide between LJ and Holmes for the last one this year and swung a trade whereby I gave up some draft picks in exchange for another guy taking LJ for me. I think it worked out.

Congratulations to all above and good luck repeating next year.
You have the three best RBs LT, SA and LJ, + other good RBs Davis and Jones and other stars like Vick and Harrison in a 12 team league and you expect us to believe this is a competitive league? Sounds more like a preschool league.

I know it's not the championship but I did manage to finish 3rd and in the money. I was tied with Wilkins left and he had JJones. I didn't like my chances of course, big thanks to the St. Louis DEF.

Won my 12-team money league last week for $850 and last night I won my longest-standing dynasty league -- no money, but I get the coveted D-CUP and somer serious bragging rights for the year, which is worth more than any money prize. :thumbup:

Just won my 2nd Championship (and 3rd superbowl appearances) in 7 years of playing.Thanks to Ricky Williams for a nice late season run, and to Peyton Manning/Jim Sorgi (yes, Jim Sorgi) for getting it done at QB.And of course, thanks to FBG for the best weekly analysis and VBD data around!

Ran the table in my suicide pool. Split the kitty with one other person who also survived all 17 weeks.252 entries$2500 = New plasma tv :thumbup:

Won the Toilet Bowl in the big $ league I'm in. With LJ carrying me, I finished like 7 points out of 3rd overall which would have tripled my payday. GDB Andre Johnson and Terry Glenn for Week 17.Finished 1st overall in total points in smaller $ league. Between the two leagues, got back all the money I put in this year. :D And, in a first year funsies league with 50/50 sharks/guppies, I lost in the Super Bowl to my dad. He was in his first year ever playing fantasy football at 66 years old. He drafted Brett Favre at #12 overall. :bag: But he managed to hang around and make a run through the playoffs. I didn't tank it in the SB, but I must say I'm really happy for him that he had that success in year one. And, of course, he's now an addict. :clap:

15 year old, 12 team keeper league with a mixture of sharks, guppies and one clown fish.

I won my third straight championship this year with the team below.  Please bear in mind that I drafted most of the guys on that team as rookies and have held onto them.  The MAJOR exception is Mr. Larry Johnson.  I picked him up midway through the season last year (2004) and rode his stellar late season play to a championship.  I had limited roster spots and had to decide between LJ and Holmes for the last one this year and swung a trade whereby I gave up some draft picks in exchange for another guy taking LJ for me.  I think it worked out.

Congratulations to all above and good luck repeating next year.
You have the three best RBs LT, SA and LJ, + other good RBs Davis and Jones and other stars like Vick and Harrison in a 12 team league and you expect us to believe this is a competitive league? Sounds more like a preschool league.
You missed the fact that we have a variety of starting options ranging from 3RBs and 2WRs like I start all the way to 1RB and 4WRs which is presently the most popular choice. I've traded WRs for picks that have turned into LT, Alexander, and KJ, all of which I've had since they were rookies. I took McNabb in the 2nd round as a rook, Harrison in the 1st as rook, A. Johnson in the 1st as a rook, and traded Plummer and a WR for Vick when Vick was hurt and his owner was in contention. I got DD in a trade for Larry Fitzgerald when I needed RB help. I got Holmes this off season in exchange for T. Bell and my 1st round pick. When you look at the end result the team looks good, but when you break it down with 1 1st round draft pick per year and occasionally 2 or 3 with trades, and add it to a few player for player trades, it isn't like any are one sided in my favor or all that great. Some times things just work out. I also had the #1 pick the year Manning was a rook and took Ryan Leaf instead because I thought he had a better arm. I make more mistakes than I have successes, but the last few years things have come together for me.

But of course its only because I'm playing with idiots, not a bunch of guys who I've known for the past 16 years who would rather lose a finger than see me win and only trade with me if I overpay. You believe whatever you need to help you sleep at night while I stop by the bank to deposit my check.

Won the Toilet Bowl in the big $ league I'm in. With LJ carrying me, I finished like 7 points out of 3rd overall which would have tripled my payday. GDB Andre Johnson and Terry Glenn for Week 17.

Finished 1st overall in total points in smaller $ league. Between the two leagues, got back all the money I put in this year. :D

And, in a first year funsies league with 50/50 sharks/guppies, I lost in the Super Bowl to my dad. He was in his first year ever playing fantasy football at 66 years old. He drafted Brett Favre at #12 overall. :bag:

But he managed to hang around and make a run through the playoffs. I didn't tank it in the SB, but I must say I'm really happy for him that he had that success in year one. And, of course, he's now an addict. :clap:
That awesome about your dad. Its never too late to find a new vice I always say. I think its hard to explain to a new FFer that moxy, determination and leadership aren't as valuable in FF. A guy with no heart who scores 15 TDs is better than the toughest SOB on special teams. Hopefully Favre will retire so he can get a better player with next years #1 pick. Tell him Congrats.

Won the Toilet Bowl in the big $ league I'm in. With LJ carrying me, I finished like 7 points out of 3rd overall which would have tripled my payday. GDB Andre Johnson and Terry Glenn for Week 17.

Finished 1st overall in total points in smaller $ league. Between the two leagues, got back all the money I put in this year. :D

And, in a first year funsies league with 50/50 sharks/guppies, I lost in the Super Bowl to my dad. He was in his first year ever playing fantasy football at 66 years old. He drafted Brett Favre at #12 overall. :bag:

But he managed to hang around and make a run through the playoffs. I didn't tank it in the SB, but I must say I'm really happy for him that he had that success in year one. And, of course, he's now an addict. :clap:
That awesome about your dad. Its never too late to find a new vice I always say. I think its hard to explain to a new FFer that moxy, determination and leadership aren't as valuable in FF. A guy with no heart who scores 15 TDs is better than the toughest SOB on special teams. Hopefully Favre will retire so he can get a better player with next years #1 pick. Tell him Congrats.

Took 2nd overall in in Total Points league. I'm not going to complain about 2nd considering that my 2 - 4 picks all missed considerable time (McAllister, TO, DJax), and I lost Rackers for the last part of the season.I was in 1st place from wk 4 - 16. The 2nd place team had pulled to within 1 point going into wk 17 and seeing as I had "always seemed to make the perfect moves" (thanks FBG's) proposed splitting the pot if we finished 1/2. Seeing that I was being forced to play nearly all scrubs for wk17, I jumped on the deal and appreciated it when he outscored me by 60.Without FBG's I wouldn't have lead for most of the year, and wouldn't have forced the eventual winner to come to me with the "split the pot" proposal.THANKS FBG!

I grabbed my second title in a row in the league I've been in the longest. I was 7-7, won my division via a tie breaker and stole the championship due to injuries & players sitting for the high scoring team. I won it all last year due to Gonzo's superb Week 16 & 17. It proves to me that this hobby (read: addiction) is all about luck!

Link

won the championship even though i faced both Tiki Barber and LJ, his Boller start was the key
Can you please post both teams starters? Both Tiki and LJ went off over the weekend

Did well in your league?, let us know
I feel blessed to take the crown in 2 out 3 leagues that I participated in. Kudos to the gang from football guys for lending in a hand. : My new x-mas mailing list should include: Tom Brady, Tiki Barker, Steve Smith, Neil Rackers, Joey Gallaway, Bears "D", Edge, and WarrickD. I love this game.- cant wait for my playoff draft.

Won 2 out of my five leagues (both 16 teams) ... made playoffs in 4/5 ...Thanks to everyone for their great thoughts and knowledge.

Won both of my leagues I'm in. Makeshift lineups in both championship matches, but LJ helped me in the main league. The biggest win was in the semis against the best team last week. Picking up Juluis Peppers last minute helped a lot that week.

The 2nd place team had pulled to within 1 point going into wk 17 and seeing as I had "always seemed to make the perfect moves" (thanks FBG's) proposed splitting the pot if we finished 1/2. Seeing that I was being forced to play nearly all scrubs for wk17, I jumped on the deal and appreciated it when he outscored me by 60.
A good buddy and I were matched up in the title game, and we both had starter issues, so first he proposed we split the $1500 down the middle (instead of a 1000/500 split). I said no way. Then as the week went on, I got scared and offered to split it. He said no and that it was too late and I should have taken the deal earlier.I beat him by 7 and took $1000.

Won 3 out of my 5 leagues this year. One was a $ league & I won that one w/SA & R. Moss on the bench and Brees getting me 1 point. Now I must figure out what to spend that $100 on.

Played 3 leagues this year. Money league A: Champion this year, last year and 2nd the previous year. Beat down the #1 team (12-2 with LJ and LT) from the sixth place position (7-7). Won it out of the 8th place position last year (they hate me). Big thank you to Tiki, Morency, McCown and WAS. League B: Champion this year after beating down #1 team (12-3 with LT and Gates). I was third place @ 9-6 w/4 going to playoffs. Thank you's go out to LJ, Boldin and WAS.League C: (week 16 Superbowl) Champion this year after taking down the #1 team (12-2 with LT, Barber, Boldin, Cooley and w/out Harrison). I was 3rd place @ 9-5 w/4 going to playoffs. Big thanks on the season to Manning and for the playoffs to LJ, Garrard, D Bennett, Wells and Gonzo.Great run for the last four weeks going undefeated for 12 straight head to head wins. I've won at least one of these leagues for the last five years and I couldn't have done it without the info provided by Footballguys. The pay content is just as indispensible as the shared info in the Shark Pool. Thanks again FBG's, I couldn't have done it without you.

Users who are viewing this thread