What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 2 Waiver Wire Gem (1 Viewer)

flapgreen said:
Hester, especially if you have Roddy.
I'm not sure picking him up for that reason is the only one but Hester is looking like a WR3 and could be supplemented in your lineup as such. If roddy goes down that would elevitate him to a low WR 2 high WR3

Last edited by a moderator:
flapgreen said:
Hester, especially if you have Roddy.
If Roddy couldn't go that'd be interesting but he played on 28% of the snaps last week. The only time I see him replicating anything close to 5/99 on 28% snaps is the next time Ryan throws for 400+ yards. I don't think he holds any stand alone value.

I think it was Yahoo that stated about 17 WR's had huge week 1's in 2012 and 2013 - all 17 failed to be in the top 24 WR's by end of season.
That can't be accurate. I know AJ Green and D. Thomas had monster week 1's last year.

There may have been 17 guys who had big week 1's who didn't finish as top 24 WRs, but there certainly were some who did.

I think it was Yahoo that stated about 17 WR's had huge week 1's in 2012 and 2013 - all 17 failed to be in the top 24 WR's by end of season.
That can't be accurate. I know AJ Green and D. Thomas had monster week 1's last year.

There may have been 17 guys who had big week 1's who didn't finish as top 24 WRs, but there certainly were some who did.
There were some big WR's with terrible week 1's last year that would skew that, since they finished high overall but not week one (standard)

Calvin: 3.7 points

Dez: 2.2 points

Roddy: 1.9 points (most people started him week 1, we didn't realize yet he lied about his ankle injury and was actually just a decoy)

I had the above three all on one team and it was a bad week 1. I had the #1 overall seed by season end, lost semi finals by 2 points, won 3rd place game

There were some big WR's with terrible week 1's last year that would skew that, since they finished high overall but not week one (standard)

Roddy: 1.9 points (most people started him week 1, we didn't realize yet he lied about his ankle injury and was actually just a decoy)

I had the above three all on one team and it was a bad week 1. I had the #1 overall seed by season end, lost semi finals by 2 points, won 3rd place game
Sure, plenty of studs didn't have great week 1's, but I'm reading his post to mean that none of the 17 guys who had huge week 1's in 2012 and 2013 ended up being top 24 WRs by end of season. I know that is incorrect.

Sure, plenty of studs didn't have great week 1's, but I'm reading his post to mean that none of the 17 guys who had huge week 1's in 2012 and 2013 ended up being top 24 WRs by end of season. I know that is incorrect.

Exactly, the stat was misleading.

Besides being in love with Isaiah Crowell, I think if you need a what-the-hell flex WR you won't find many more into ing than Mohammad Sanu. Sure, his hype train was barreling after Jones' injury, but I could see him being on plenty of waver wires what with the explosion of WW WRs that had (much) better Week One performances. Eifert's injury means those TE targets will go somewhere, Sanu may be a player to watch if Hue Jackson can find a way to get him the ball further than 5 yards out.

Harry Douglas is the guy to keep an eye on for the Falcons not Hester. Douglas played only one fewer snap than Roddy & Julio and is the clear #3 WR on a team that looks like they are going to be throwing a ton this year.

If you're super pressed at RB this week and in PPR, go grab Tolbert off the waivers.
Over Crowell or Jeremy Hill?
If the question is which to grab off of waivers, it'd be Hill, Crowell, Tolbert in that order IMO. Tolbert is a mere stopgap with DWills doubtful to play. If the question is which to start this week however, it's a lot closer than many would think. Tolbert gets GL work and targets in the passing game.

Get Latavius Murray now if available and if you have roster room. You won't be sorry.

I'm starting McFadden this week with semi-confidence over Miller and Crowell (drafted with 2nd to last pick), but I suspect Murray gets at least 5-10 chances (if the Raiders don't get behind too big too quick) and earns more PT and touches quickly starting this week.

Get Latavius Murray now if available and if you have roster room. You won't be sorry.

I'm starting McFadden this week with semi-confidence over Miller and Crowell (drafted with 2nd to last pick), but I suspect Murray gets at least 5-10 chances (if the Raiders don't get behind too big too quick) and earns more PT and touches quickly starting this week.
Isn't MJD's hand a short term issue? You think Murray can take a majority of touches from the vets?

Isn't MJD's hand a short term issue? You think Murray can take a majority of touches from the vets?
Not with Allen as the coach. Dude is more concerned with playing it safe than winning games.

Not with Allen as the coach. Dude is more concerned with playing it safe than winning games.
I see your point, but yes, Murray is a strong physical runner with speed and good vision and footwork. I'm saying he will start to earn more carries after this weekend. I went to camp twice and I thought MJD looked OK, but DMC looked better (IMHO) and Murray looked the most explosive. IF the Raiders pull their head out and do some straight ahead running behind their mammoth, and slow, OL, DMC and Murray will perform well tomorrow. Again, I'm only saying if you have a decent size or better bench and some space eaters with low ceilings you're willing to drop, this is a good time (tonight before WW closes) to pick up Murray. IF he gets the chances tomorrow, he will look good and be a WW top pick next week.

How much time could this potentially cause Peterson to miss?
This would most likely fall under the new domestic violence clause so potentially 6 games, right? McKinnon is intriguing if ADP is out for an extended period of time, but ultimately I envision a committee of Asiata, McKinnon and Cordarelle lessening the value/upside. Any Vikings homers have a different spin?

NE

@NO

ATL

@GB

The value is there for a RB to have significant value over the next month in Minnesota. Good bet Asiata is going see a lot of action with McKinnon sprinkled in.

This would most likely fall under the new domestic violence clause so potentially 6 games, right? McKinnon is intriguing if ADP is out for an extended period of time, but ultimately I envision a committee of Asiata, McKinnon and Cordarelle lessening the value/upside. Any Vikings homers have a different spin?
Vikings will be the ones doling out the punishment. There could be a chance he gets released if pics become public.

Vikings will be the ones doling out the punishment. There could be a chance he gets released if pics become public.
The pics were already released by TMZ.

Word this AM is that both CHI WRs Jeffrey and Marshall are 75% likely to miss tonight's game. Santonio Holmes moves to the top of the list and could get 10+ targets in Trestman's offense. Even thoough playing SF, seems to be an excelent plug in flex play.

Word this AM is that both CHI WRs Jeffrey and Marshall are 75% likely to miss tonight's game. Santonio Holmes moves to the top of the list and could get 10+ targets in Trestman's offense. Even thoough playing SF, seems to be an excelent plug in flex play.
Word on the street is actually 75.5 but yeah.

I see your point, but yes, Murray is a strong physical runner with speed and good vision and footwork. I'm saying he will start to earn more carries after this weekend. I went to camp twice and I thought MJD looked OK, but DMC looked better (IMHO) and Murray looked the most explosive. IF the Raiders pull their head out and do some straight ahead running behind their mammoth, and slow, OL, DMC and Murray will perform well tomorrow. Again, I'm only saying if you have a decent size or better bench and some space eaters with low ceilings you're willing to drop, this is a good time (tonight before WW closes) to pick up Murray. IF he gets the chances tomorrow, he will look good and be a WW top pick next week.
So are you saying you'd drop MJD if you had him and pick up Murray for the long term?

So are you saying you'd drop MJD if you had him and pick up Murray for the long term?
No. MJD doesn't have a low ceiling. He could still hit. I did draft very Murray late in a couple drafts, rather then mid/late round for MJD.

Bump Andrew Hawkins today with Cameron out? Browns likely playing from behind and somebody has to catch the ball.

Usually the 1st week of WW / free agency in FF is the most important, but I just don't see the players emerging this early this year to make a serious dive.

Bradshaw seems like potentially the bets long term RB. For Crowell - Tate may come back in 2-4 weeks and there's West. Forsett could give way to Taliaferro or even Pierce.

WRs - Hurns stands out but he disappeared after his big start and he's still dealing with Henne, Shorts and Lee.

TE's - Allen and Donnell, maybe Kelce.

QB's - Tannehill, Locker, Cassel

But are any of these true "Gems"???
Great take. I would also add Allen Robinson to the problems facing Hurns.

I personally would consider Bradshaw, Kelce and maybe Donnell gems (speaking redraft).

Users who are viewing this thread