What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 2 Waiver Wire picks (1 Viewer)

Devery Henderson took a pretty big hit. Could there be a WR bump up in deeper leagues for the #4 guy?

Maybe Stephen Hill if you need WR help. McCluster.....

And a pre-emptive one would be Nick Foles. Vick was so brutal today. They wouldn't bench him without an injury but that could happen too.

I am going to put a claim in for McCluster in my PPR league. With dual eligibility he will be much more valuable than Evan Royster for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
People in my league hate the Redskins' RB situation. Helu was drafted, so was Royster, but I cut Royster on Saturday night.

Alfred Morris was not. He will be picked up. And promptly get two carries next week.

I liked Cobb in the preseason.

Stephen Hill? Who thought the Jets could actually throw the ball?

Gotta consider Sanchez after his day, especially if you've got a weak backup QB. If you're dominant at other positions and need someone who may get you solid numbers all year, gotta look at Alex Smith as well.

Gotta consider Sanchez after his day, especially if you've got a weak backup QB. If you're dominant at other positions and need someone who may get you solid numbers all year, gotta look at Alex Smith as well.
People overlook he was quietly QB9 last year.

How about Turbin for SEA? I didn't get to see the split between him and Lynch, or how either ran.

I got him in the 19th rd this year. Not sure why people hate the guy. :shrug:
Because one week he goes for 30, the next he goes off for 10. He's wildly inconsistent, you have to ride it, and that can hurt.

Jeffrey

McCluster

Cobb

Those 3 would be great PPR pickups, especially Cobb if you rewarded for return yards

There's NO reason that Spiller should've been sitting on the WW heading into this season in any league.

After all the hits Vick took today I say grab Nick Foles now because it's only a matter of time before Vick gets knocked out somehow. Once he gets hurt you may not get your chance.

Is Mccluster for real guys?Drop Criner for him if I cant get Ogletree?..anybody know what hes listed at in FGPC/FFPC?I could use him at wr but not neccesarily rb..Baldwin didnt even have a TARGET!

Drafted Jimmy Jones as 'Mr.Irrelavent"..hoping he got traded..glad I did.Problem is hes just so damn inconsistent

Obviously he's not going to score a punt return TD every week, but Randall Cobb is going to be interesting this year....He's kinda like the WR version of Sproles...a lot of short passes, occasionally lining up in the backfield- they're just trying to get him the ball in space...He's an awesome KR/PR, so Cobb will be MONEY in return yard leagues

First year in a yahoo league and thanks to someone above realized McCluster is rb and wr in the settings, so I just picked him up. Might be a good bye week filler :thumbup:

This was mostly due to his six rushing TDs. I'm not sure that will happen again.Titus didn't do much, I could see people picking up Nasty Nate if he's on your WWs.Brandon Gibson is intriguing in deeper leagues.Mercedes Lewis if you missed out on the TE boat, I forgot the stripper even played still.I also agree with a lot of peoples choices here like McCluster, Donald Jones and Jeffry (only available in one of my leagues).Cobb isn't available in any of my leagues.

I had Cobb on my bench in a PPR/Return yardage league as a potential flex or bye week guy.

Now I may have to decide if he is in my weekly lineup.

Alrick Robinson was getting a lot of love (as in targets) from RGIII after Garcon left. Worth a grab in case Garcon's foot injury causes him to miss any time, IMO.

I had Cobb on my bench in a PPR/Return yardage league as a potential flex or bye week guy. Now I may have to decide if he is in my weekly lineup.
He's probably going to be a Must Start in return yardage leagues after a few weeks
That's what I am thinking now too. Last season with the return yardage he only averaged a bit over 8 pts per week. If heis going to be used in this fashion now consistently I will get him in my lineup for sure.

I had Cobb on my bench in a PPR/Return yardage league as a potential flex or bye week guy. Now I may have to decide if he is in my weekly lineup.
He's probably going to be a Must Start in return yardage leagues after a few weeks
That's what I am thinking now too. Last season with the return yardage he only averaged a bit over 8 pts per week. If heis going to be used in this fashion now consistently I will get him in my lineup for sure.
You guys have to remember though, Rodgers wasn't exactly allowed to get into rhythm with SF's secondary dictating the flow of the game. They were all over Jennings and Jordy, the performance being akin to how DAL manhandled Nicks and Cruz. I almost feel Rodgers had no choice but to check down to Cobb on a bunch of those plays. I'm not saying this is an absolute fluke of a PPR performance, but expectations should be tempered.

Be on the look out to see if anyone drops Royster or Helu in your league. Also, there is a chance someone jumps in the gun in 10 or 12 team leagues and drops Hillis. All of those guys are solid pick ups.

Be on the look out to see if anyone drops Royster or Helu in your league. Also, there is a chance someone jumps in the gun in 10 or 12 team leagues and drops Hillis. All of those guys are solid pick ups.
two carries for helu, two for royster. look, if you are in a dynasty league or a league with 25-man plus rosters, they are probably worth holding on to.but in a 2-team, 10-man roster like most of us are in, they aren't. seriously, though, i dropped royster saturday night to get down to my roster limit. i just didn't want the shanahan headache.

two carries for helu, two for royster. look, if you are in a dynasty league or a league with 25-man plus rosters, they are probably worth holding on to.but in a 2-team, 10-man roster like most of us are in, they aren't. seriously, though, i dropped royster saturday night to get down to my roster limit. i just didn't want the shanahan headache.
But as we saw today...it's certainly worth it when it pays off.

you will be alright without him. at 28 carries and 3.4 YPC I seriously doubt Morris gets this workload again anytime soon. The Skins were in clock killing mode as they did not want Brees to have the ball and rightfully so. Next week we will be bashing Shannahan again. Dont fall for it.

'Lavachebeadsman said:
'bweiser said:
'Lavachebeadsman said:
sure it's worth it if you can guess which player is the one to have each week. and it could change in the middle of the first series, so unless you are willing to play all 3 guys it's a coin flip.

'49er fan said:
'johnnyboy8102 said:
I prioritized Cobb in both of my return yardage league drafts this year.Made a judgment call to drop him to the wire in the one league where I can only start 2 WRs weekly figuring he would never crack my lineup and that is stock wouldn't likely rise in a matchup against the 49ers defense. So much for that logic. (Actually started him at flex today in the other league... worked out wonderfully.)

Users who are viewing this thread