What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 3 Game Thread - NY Jets at SD Chargers (1 Viewer)

It becomes the Achilles heel of your foot? :unsure:
Not that I thought it was funny, but it makes sense sort of. The Achilles heel just simply means what can cause you the most problems, so in an odd way, in their conversation of talking about toe injuries, the toe is the achilles hell of the foot.I understand it, didn't find it amusing and thought they talked a little long on it.
um not to sidetrack and derail this thread but isn't the achilles the achilles heel of the foot?? :confused:
Yes it is, if you're strictly talking about the anatomy. However, Achilles heel is also a phrase people use when talking about someone or something's weakpoint.The way I understood Tony K, he didn't mean the anatomy but rather the phrase when speaking about the toe. I think he thought the twist in words by using Achilles heel to describe the foots ultimate weakness was funny, I didn't.Another Farve pick.....
:goodposting:Finally someone with some brains in here. Beat me to it! Nice work :thumbup:

Enjoy all these passing Td's now because in the 2nd half of the season when the Chargers are pressing for the playoffs, LT will be carrying the load. I hope they rest him for most of the 2nd half, get this toe rested up. He could be in for a monster 2nd half of the season.

The other night I was at my kid's football game. I was just about to walk into the mens room and this old dude shuffles past me "'scuse me! scuse me!". Then he semi-duck walks into one of the stalls. The noise that came from that stall can best be described as if somebody gave a goose a mud-filled trumpet and told it to play 'Flight of the Bumblebees'.I would rather listen to that for 3 hours straight than listen to Kornheiser for 10 seconds.
Seriously, Officer Pete?
Seriously, PizzaDelieverGuy

The other night I was at my kid's football game. I was just about to walk into the mens room and this old dude shuffles past me "'scuse me! scuse me!". Then he semi-duck walks into one of the stalls. The noise that came from that stall can best be described as if somebody gave a goose a mud-filled trumpet and told it to play 'Flight of the Bumblebees'.I would rather listen to that for 3 hours straight than listen to Kornheiser for 10 seconds.
:goodposting:

LT getting arm tackled on a clear path to the end zone = f'n weak. Your owners say thanks for your whopping 3 yds/carry, enjoy your 2nd half on the bench while Sproles breaks all the runs you can no longer break.

I'm pissed watching his effort and I'm not even an LT owner. :confused: :goodposting:

:confused:
:goodposting:

LT getting arm tackled on a clear path to the end zone = f'n weak. Your owners say thanks for your whopping 3 yds/carry, enjoy your 2nd half on the bench while Sproles breaks all the runs you can no longer break.I'm pissed watching his effort and I'm not even an LT owner. :confused: :goodposting:
Amen, career over. He'll be with Shaun Alexander next year at this pace.

It becomes the Achilles heel of your foot? :unsure:
Not that I thought it was funny, but it makes sense sort of. The Achilles heel just simply means what can cause you the most problems, so in an odd way, in their conversation of talking about toe injuries, the toe is the achilles hell of the foot.I understand it, didn't find it amusing and thought they talked a little long on it.
um not to sidetrack and derail this thread but isn't the achilles the achilles heel of the foot?? :confused:
Yes it is, if you're strictly talking about the anatomy. However, Achilles heel is also a phrase people use when talking about someone or something's weakpoint.The way I understood Tony K, he didn't mean the anatomy but rather the phrase when speaking about the toe. I think he thought the twist in words by using Achilles heel to describe the foots ultimate weakness was funny, I didn't.Another Farve pick.....
:goodposting:Finally someone with some brains in here. Beat me to it! Nice work :thumbup:
:whoosh:I think you guys are missing the humor here... but alas, i'm too lazy to elaborate.

LT getting arm tackled on a clear path to the end zone = f'n weak. Your owners say thanks for your whopping 3 yds/carry, enjoy your 2nd half on the bench while Sproles breaks all the runs you can no longer break.I'm pissed watching his effort and I'm not even an LT owner. :confused: :goodposting:
So in your opinion you're upset at his lack of effort? That if he tried running a little harder he'd probably do better?

Goosefrabbah

So in your opinion you're upset at his lack of effort? That if he tried running a little harder he'd probably do better?
Hester in...LT out. One of the worst 1st overall picks ever.

Enjoy all these passing Td's now because in the 2nd half of the season when the Chargers are pressing for the playoffs, LT will be carrying the load. I hope they rest him for most of the 2nd half, get this toe rested up. He could be in for a monster 2nd half of the season.
:goodposting: Considering the injury I think he looks better this week than last. Im very encouraged.

LT getting arm tackled on a clear path to the end zone = f'n weak. Your owners say thanks for your whopping 3 yds/carry, enjoy your 2nd half on the bench while Sproles breaks all the runs you can no longer break.I'm pissed watching his effort and I'm not even an LT owner. :shrug: :confused:
Yes. Yes I am. And yes he would. Thanks for asking. :excited:

The bye week is really going to help the Jets. Farve and the receivers just aren't in sink and San Diego is playing solid on defense. I know I shouldn't feel this way but I kind of feel bad for Farve, in a sad way.

I hate to see a guy with his kind of career go out like this. I've never even been close to a Jets fan but I hope they somehow finish 8-8 so it doesn't get brutal in the New York media. I guess he deserves what he gets as ultimately it was his decision to come back and I'm sure if he let me glimpse at his bank account I wouldn't feel so sorry I just don't like to see the great ones in any sport go out on a negative note.

Achilles is a figure in Greek Mythology - at birth he was dipped in waters that guaranteed his invincibility - but his Dad dipped him by the heel

He was later shot in the heel by an opposing archer, leading to his ultimate demise - and hence the phrase "Achille's Heel" became a description of one's weak point.

Kornholer's "Achilles Heel" is his mouth

Why run LT out there with 5 seconds until half :confused: Someone overreacts WAY too much. You could have taken Brady. At least you know when Tomlinson is healthy in a week or two he is going to tear it up.
At least with Brady you know he's out. With LT, you get the enticing "questionable" tag with a lousy performance. Just break a leg already and let us move on.

LT getting arm tackled on a clear path to the end zone = f'n weak. Your owners say thanks for your whopping 3 yds/carry, enjoy your 2nd half on the bench while Sproles breaks all the runs you can no longer break.I'm pissed watching his effort and I'm not even an LT owner. :shrug: :confused:
Yes. Yes I am. And yes he would. Thanks for asking. :excited:
I think he's trying as hard as he can. I know that LT wants to play, but Norv needs to be able to step in and put him on the bench to rest this thing up if it looks like they've got this wrapped up.You've got the Patriots 2-1 minus Brady, the Jags 1-2, the Colts 1-2 and Steelers only 2-1. This is going to be a long and very interesting season, got to get No. 21 healthy. The way the passing game looks for SD, this could be their year if LT can get healthy.Yes, the Broncos are 3-0 but they're beatable as they should have already lost to SD and the Saints gave them everything they wanted as well. At this point, I'd be more surprised that the Bolts don't make the playoffs than if they did sitting at 0-2.

Why run LT out there with 5 seconds until half :confused: Someone overreacts WAY too much. You could have taken Brady. At least you know when Tomlinson is healthy in a week or two he is going to tear it up.
At least with Brady you know he's out. With LT, you get the enticing "questionable" tag with a lousy performance. Just break a leg already and let us move on.
:excited:

Please stop.

I think he's trying as hard as he can. I know that LT wants to play, but Norv needs to be able to step in and put him on the bench to rest this thing up if it looks like they've got this wrapped up.
I hope Norv rests him for the night too. :confused: I have my FF game locked up and I know thats all Norv cares about. Lets rest him and play him at hopefully 90-100% next week.

LT is unreliable. He is not the same back he once was. The writing has been on the wall. If you drafted him in the #1 slot or failed to dish him during the offseason, this is what you get.

Please stop.
:shark:

LT is unreliable. He is not the same back he once was. The writing has been on the wall. If you drafted him in the #1 slot or failed to dish him during the offseason, this is what you get.
LT looks like Eddie George in his last couple of years. He can't run over 5 yards until he flops to the ground.Look at that....Sproles makes something happen. LT can't do a damn thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think we could see this coming since that gutless (non)performance in the playoffs last year.

LT looks like Eddie George in his last couple of years. He can't run over 5 yards until he flops to the ground.Look at that....Sproles makes something happen. LT can't do a damn thing.
now sproles rips 2 big ones too.

15 carries first half, and 1 so far in second half (despite worries of the toe stiffening up at half-time. GO LT!9 yard catch LT. as I edit this.
So let's see. LT has 16 carries with a maximum rush of 5 yards. Sproles comes in and immediately carries 20+ yards. Screw LT's tiny 1 yard TD run, Sproles is the guy now.

short TD or no short TD, look at how much flat out better sproles looks than LT... running, catching, across the board. just more dangerous. we used to say that about LT. not anymore. too many "2 yards and then fall down" plays.

Damn, I thought Sproles was going to score on that. Such an exciting player. :shark:

But a TD there sure would have been nice... :confused:

Dang - Thre are a lot of folks in here over reacting to this LT thing. I took him #1 overall. It is what it is and oh yeah i though this was the game thread. There is a venting thread for those who want to go over there and ##### about how LT is done.

ETA - I will probably get beat up for saying that. I guess this is the shark pool.

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys are ridiculous with your Sproles fanboy-ism. He's a terrific change of pace back. LT is The Man in San Diego. Period. And when he heals up that toe, he'll get his. Even hurt, he's doing fine tonight in fantasy points.

Dang - Thre are a lot of folks in here over reacting to this LT thing. I took him #1 overall. It is what it is and oh yeah i though this was the game thread. There is a venting thread for those who want to go over there and ##### about how LT is done.ETA - I will probably get beat up for saying that. I guess this is the shark pool.
Right here is fine.

Dang - Thre are a lot of folks in here over reacting to this LT thing. I took him #1 overall. It is what it is and oh yeah i though this was the game thread. There is a venting thread for those who want to go over there and ##### about how LT is done.
It is painful watching him (game related). He isn't even averaging 3 yards per carry. He makes absolutely zero cuts at. He runs straight forward, hits a guy and falls down. Offensive linemen have better moves than he has right now.

Users who are viewing this thread