What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 6 Waiver Wire Pickups (1 Viewer)

how much is Zac Stacy worth in BBID Waivers? (assuming $100 Budget) ?

I have a little over 60 dollars left and thinking about spending more than half of that...
Way too much for a guy who might be second or third on the depth chart after the next week AND look at their schedule and where you think you can use him .... I wouldn't go over $20+

Questions:

Jonathan Stewart - After googling, several sources are saying he's "on track to return week 7". Do you think he'll be of much value? Will he share carries with Williams in a full RBBC? (Barner also returns this week or next)

Andre Brown - He is able to return week 10...but should we expect him back then? Will the bone be healed?

...paging Dr Bremel I suppose.

Questions:

Jonathan Stewart - After googling, several sources are saying he's "on track to return week 7". Do you think he'll be of much value? Will he share carries with Williams in a full RBBC? (Barner also returns this week or next)
Barner already returned and just had one catch (and a dropped pass). I think he'll be used a little more going forward, but I'm not expecting him to take a big chunk of the offense.

Reports are saying that Stewart is running, but the week 7 statements that have been floating around haven't been verified by anyone in the organization. I think it's a possibility he'll be back, but with Deangelo playing really well and Tolbert getting more involved, I think he'll just be a situational flex play at best. The only hope is that they get him involved in the passing game like they did a few years back, but Shula hasn't really shown a propensity to call a lot of screen plays.

I think he's worth picking up just a speculative add though. It isn't like there are other quality running backs readily available.

Last edited by a moderator:
Terrence Williams has a great schedule coming up and in the playoffs. If he ends up the #2 WR regardless of Miles, he could be huge. Obviously Keenan Allen as well.

Who would you rather pickup, though? I have Vincent Brown and Romo already. I'm putting in claims for both as I think both can be great. Allen more consistent perhaps, but Williams more upside?

Terrence Williams has a great schedule coming up and in the playoffs. If he ends up the #2 WR regardless of Miles, he could be huge. Obviously Keenan Allen as well.

Who would you rather pickup, though? I have Vincent Brown and Romo already. I'm putting in claims for both as I think both can be great. Allen more consistent perhaps, but Williams more upside?
I'm very happy to have picked up both in Terrence Williams and Keenan Allen in the last two weeks. I think both are matchup plays, and probably both have seen their season ceiling already. But still very good WR3/flex plays going forward.

I'm very happy to have picked up both in Terrence Williams and Keenan Allen in the last two weeks. I think both are matchup plays, and probably both have seen their season ceiling already. But still very good WR3/flex plays going forward.
Yea, I want both, but I'm not sure who to prioritize. I think Williams given that I have Romo and Vincent Brown though.

austin pettis? fools gold? seems to be the #1 target in STL
After two weeks on my bench I am going to be starting him. On a side note, Ted Ginn Jr. may also be for real.
Ginn looks like a different man. No longer just a deep go route guy. He seems to have developed an intermediate route tree. He's getting the ball more in space and using his jets to get YAC. Getting way more involved in the Panthers game plan than I ever could imagine. I missed out on him in my leagues. I saw get picked up off waivers and I scoffed: "Ted Ginn? Seriously?" But what I saw of the Panthers game really looked promising for Ginn.

Garrett Graham. He's the primary TE in Houston now with Daniels out a few weeks. Already has a few solid games as a TE2...could be a good bye week filler. Playing at home vs a terrible Rams team week 6
Agree with this. He should be a nice pickup for anyone whose TE has been disappointing (Cook, Myers, Rudolph, etc.) or Clay and Gonzalez owners with them on bye. My bigger point there is that he's probably worth using a claim on of you need him, as there are probably at least 3-4 teams in every league who could use a good TE option for this week. Might not get him if you try to save your claim and get him through FA.

Yea, I want both, but I'm not sure who to prioritize. I think Williams given that I have Romo and Vincent Brown though.
I was lucky enough to grab both Williams and Allen for pennies in my bigger league and have pondered this as I've highlighted both in numerous threads over the past couple of weeks. I've come to the conclusion, simply based on opportunity, that I'd want Allen long-term in redraft this year if I had to choose. Aside from me believing him to be more talented, the dynamics in SD are likely set for the remainder of the season where as there is a decent chance that Austin returns eventually, making target distribution in Dallas harder to decipher. Even without Austin, Williams was only targeted 4 times in a shootout vs. DEN which was a bit disconcerting. Ultimately I believe Allen to have the higher floor and ceiling (becoming an obvious RZ target).

With the Julio news, I'm sure many will be looking for a WR.

Here are some options in order of what I'm sure are available on many WW.

V. Brown

J. Simpson

T. Ginn

T. Williams

H. Douglas

That's how I'd rank them. V. Brown is the target in my league.

donkshow said:

V. Brown

J. Simpson

T. Ginn

T. Williams

H. Douglas

Seems like a pretty decent list. I am thinking of targeting Simpson in hopes that the Vikings will open up the offense some under Freeman, once he is ready to take over.

Ted Ginn vs Vikings = :moneybag:
Good post. Discounting week 1 where CAR wasn't aware that he was actually worth using, he's been utilized around 6 times a game. I don't need to tell you that he's very boom/bust but I also don't need to tell you that MIN is very susceptible through the air. The only thing that's a bit disconcerting is that MIN hasn't allowed very many big plays through the air this year. Still, if your desperate you could likely do worse.

Geno Smith anyone?

Also:

Bolden (again)

Don Brown

Greg Jennings

Da'Rel Scott/Michael Cox

Foles

Jeff Cumberland

Jordan Reed

ETA: Harry Douglas

Harry douglas and Donald Brown are my 1 and 2 this week.

Harry is going to prove people wrong and have a solid second half to the season if Julio misses the rest it.

I'm hearing a lot on fantasy sites talk about K. Allen from SD... Does everyone believe the hype or is he just another E. Royal bust??

I have Kerley on my bench and not sure if he is worth a swap? How much would you spend in a BBID WW??

Thanks!!

Stuck on K Allen or now H Douglas now. Wasn't planning on looking at McGahee, but he's out there now as well. :loco:

I'm hearing a lot on fantasy sites talk about K. Allen from SD... Does everyone believe the hype or is he just another E. Royal bust??

I have Kerley on my bench and not sure if he is worth a swap? How much would you spend in a BBID WW??

Thanks!!
Allen was WR9 last week on a offense that is slingin it. I'm not saying expect 120 and a td every week, but he has a lot of upside w/ rivers back again. I played him last week over tompkins and will continue to flex him in a 14 team league till he proves me wrong. v brown will have his weeks also moving forward IMO. SD looks like FF gold w/ a D that is giving up lots of points and rivers throwing it over 40x a game.

For those curious about Allen, he's the real deal. Soft hands, good burst in tight spaces, great body control in the air are just some of his tangibles. He's picked up essentially all of Floyd's snaps and targets, has a very healthy amount of RZ targets and is apart of one of the leagues most high powered passing offenses.

This isn't a Royal type fluke and after some quick analysis (check out the Allen hype thread or the thread pertaining to SD's WRs) and it becomes very apparent. Obviously, there will be bumps along the ride as he is a rookie and Rivers likes to spread the ball but he's very much worth a flier.

For those curious about Allen, he's the real deal. Soft hands, good burst in tight spaces, great body control in the air are just some of his tangibles. He's picked up essentially all of Floyd's snaps and targets, has a very healthy amount of RZ targets and is apart of one of the leagues most high powered passing offenses.

This isn't a Royal type fluke and after some quick analysis (check out the Allen hype thread or the thread pertaining to SD's WRs) and it becomes very apparent. Obviously, there will be bumps along the ride as he is a rookie and Rivers likes to spread the ball but he's very much worth a flier.
Song - you like d. Hopkins or Allen better long term. In a rookie keeper league and thinking of dropping Hopkins for Allen.

Curious what you think about V. Brown vs. K. Allen. Both Chargers...Brown has gone for 17/158/0 over the past 2 weeks. Allen has gone for 11/195/1. I dropped Brown in a couple leagues after his 8 catches in 3 games to start the year. Is he worth picking back up, or is Allen the better play here?

Curious what you think about V. Brown vs. K. Allen. Both Chargers...Brown has gone for 17/158/0 over the past 2 weeks. Allen has gone for 11/195/1. I dropped Brown in a couple leagues after his 8 catches in 3 games to start the year. Is he worth picking back up, or is Allen the better play here?
I like Vincent Brown slightly more and put in waiver bids in the order V. Brown, A. Jeffery, K. Allen.

donkshow said:

V. Brown

J. Simpson

T. Ginn

T. Williams

H. Douglas

Seems like a pretty decent list. I am thinking of targeting Simpson in hopes that the Vikings will open up the offense some under Freeman, once he is ready to take over.
I think now that Royal's 5 minutes of fame is over, we'll see Brown and Allen completely take over the passing offence with Gates and some Woodhead. Though I really like Simpson and with Freeman at the helm and other threats like Jennings and AP, he could continue to play well.

Tough to say there. Might just grab both.

Song - you like d. Hopkins or Allen better long term. In a rookie keeper league and thinking of dropping Hopkins for Allen.
That's a really tough one as I feel like Hopkins and Allen have flashed the most out of all rookie WRs. Both have similar upside IMO (I don't project either to be "elite" but admit Allen has a better shot then Hopkins) but I also believe Hopkins will take longer to develop. I read reports in the off season that Allen could "hop right into the NFL" and to be honest, he really does look very polished. Personally, I'd go Allen for the aforementioned reasons plus a myriad of others but it's almost too close to call.

For redraft purposes however, Allen is the no brainer choice.

I like Vincent Brown slightly more and put in waiver bids in the order V. Brown, A. Jeffery, K. Allen.
It's Jeffrey, Allen then brown. Jeffrey is cutlers top option at the moment. Just watch Allen, he's more talented and better in the red zone.

Allen is over hyped. Rivers spreads the ball. One week it's royal one week it's brown and one week it's Allen. Allen didnt do jack until raiders went into a soft shell. Also Allen was matched up against Hayden a lot. Raiders r awful against the pass. Allen is fools gold. When's the last time rivers had a consistent number 1? Vjackson?

Allen is over hyped. Rivers spreads the ball. One week it's royal one week it's brown and one week it's Allen. Allen didnt do jack until raiders went into a soft shell. Also Allen was matched up against Hayden a lot. Raiders r awful against the pass. Allen is fools gold. When's the last time rivers had a consistent number 1? Vjackson?
Allen saw the field more than any other WR for the Chargers. Is that coincidence too?

Allen saw the field more than any other WR for the Chargers. Is that coincidence too?
He was going against another rookie. Raiders are awful porter and Jenkins lol come on bro. Lets see what happens when he's lined up against a legit corner I will bet my last doller he ain't doing anything against a a legit corner.

That's a really tough one as I feel like Hopkins and Allen have flashed the most out of all rookie WRs. Both have similar upside IMO (I don't project either to be "elite" but admit Allen has a better shot then Hopkins) but I also believe Hopkins will take longer to develop. I read reports in the off season that Allen could "hop right into the NFL" and to be honest, he really does look very polished. Personally, I'd go Allen for the aforementioned reasons plus a myriad of others but it's almost too close to call.

For redraft purposes however, Allen is the no brainer choice.
thanks for the post and I missed this last night but ended up swapping out Hopkins for Allen. Like them both but Allen definitely gives me more ammo this year as SD is a total passing offense while the Texans are imploding at the QB position. Also, Andre Johnson is still the target hog and they've used the TE's a lot more than I thought they would so Hopkins is 3/4 in the pecking order while Allen is 1/2.

We'll see...I think it's too early to write the book on him. He's a talented rookie who's still learning while Royal is who he is at this point. The last time Rivers had a consistent #1 was the last time he had a good wr. If Allen turns out to be a good wr, he'll get the ball. Also, like that he's a red zone target so some of those targets that went Royals way early in the year are now going his way as he learns the ropes more and more.

Also, I have Gordon, Blackmon, AJ Green and Cobb ahead of him so there's no chance he sees the field. It's all about upside and trade value. If he has a couple more solid weeks of 100+ yards and / or a few TDs he'll be a great chip to upgrade at another position down the stretch. If not, I'll move him for another guy who looks to have some good upside/momentum.

We'll see...I think it's too early to write the book on him. He's a talented rookie who's still learning while Royal is who he is at this point. The last time Rivers had a consistent #1 was the last time he had a good wr. If Allen turns out to be a good wr, he'll get the ball. Also, like that he's a red zone target so some of those targets that went Royals way early in the year are now going his way as he learns the ropes more and more.
This..

See Danario Alexander down the stretch last season.

Deep leagues Jonathan Stewart and Shonn Greene? Both probably back from injuries in the next couple of weeks, could offer some appeal. I'm scraping the bottom of the barrel with some rb injuries.

Yes, he was the last WR that Rivers had that wasn't consistently hurt. In fact, he was the only WR Rivers has ever had that wasn't consistently hurt. It's hard to be a #1 when you aren't on the field.

Users who are viewing this thread