What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 7 waiver wire pickups (1 Viewer)

Why do people think Ryan's line will get better? Convince me he isn't a sell high basically
Ryan isn't a sell high after two lousy performances. You aren't getting much if you trade Ryan right now. That's why I am holding Ryan and just deciding which QB off the WW to add as another option.

On the subject of Cousins, is there ANY concern he will be benched if/when RG3 comes back?
Why wait for RGIII to come back? Already talk in D.C. about benching Cousins for Colt McCoy. LOL

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/10/13/talk-in-washington-of-benching-kirk-cousins-for-colt-mccoy/

Last edited by a moderator:
Would you cut Kendall Wright for A. Holmes or Beckham

which do you rank higher..

more of a TD heavy league with extra points for long tds
I'd heavily consider Wright for Holmes because of the league being more TD heavy and extra points for long tds. That's Holmes' strength.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say people will be going crazy over Crowell in leagues he isn't owned in.

Also Tim Wright for those who need TE help.
These are guys that were picked up in leagues weeks ago. :shrug:
Crowell is still out there in one of mine. Hope I can get him. Surprised hes still there. The smith guy from atl is there too. I think he may be starting for some teams soon

Just read a tweet by Yahoo's Brad Evans that according to the Globe Bellijerk is considering some guy named Jonas Gray with Bolden for Ridley's power back role?! Aargh! I knew I'd regret investing in the Pats' backfield!

Just read a tweet by Yahoo's Brad Evans that according to the Globe Bellijerk is considering some guy named Jonas Gray with Bolden for Ridley's power back role?! Aargh! I knew I'd regret investing in the Pats' backfield!
I think you should just stick with Vereen and not pick up any of those others. Hes got the best chance of having a big game esp with ridley gone

Would you cut Kendall Wright for A. Holmes or Beckham

which do you rank higher..

more of a TD heavy league with extra points for long tds
i like holmes the best out of that bunch and being td heavy solidifies it even more. wright is pretty useless and beckham seems to have more ppr potential.

holmes has produced well as a starter dating back to last year. presumably he will remain in that role going forward. really didnt make sense that he didnt start the season as the starter but now hes made it and i think he will prove he belongs.

Cant decide between Holmes & LaFell this week. Holmes is the better athlete and has all the tools but LaFell has Tom Brady and not a rookie QB throwing to him.

holmes is the no1 option whereas lafell can be behind gronk, edelman, and sometimes the running game. the raiders have no running game and will be playing catch up and forced to pass far more often. seems holmes has a lot more upside.

i gotta admit tho, ive been really high on the guy since preseason and drafted him on all of my best ball draft only teams and have rostered him off and on all season on my deep teams. currently have him on 3 of 6 teams with 20 man rosters.

Two guys I'm looking at:

- Brandon Bolden as Flex/RB3 (I don't think White is a threat at all based on his lackluster preseason performance. Gray will get bumped up from practice squad and may be a new goal line back; might push Bolden for carries in a few weeks. I see Bolden as less valuable than Ridley was, which isn't much, but I'll be starting him over CJ Spiller next week)

- Juwan Thompson as a stash for future RB2 value (his runs looked strong and decisive, but I have doubts about the workload he'll get, and Hillman was stronger in pass protection, which is key for Peyton, but Hillman stinks at ball handling and fumbles often).

I honestly like Thompson more than Bolden, but Bolden will play right away and Thompson may never materialize as a legit fantasy option.

Anyone with insight on Locker's injury? Looking at Whitehurst as a flex QB2 next week with Foles & Glennon on bye, but I'd feel better about the move if I knew he'd be starting.

Ridley forced out of game with knee injury...if it forces him to miss game(s) does this open the door for James White?
Bolden IMO
Agreed.
Agreed.
what kind of value are we talking about? RB2?
Prior to this week Vereen was RB31 and Ridley was RB34 in my main league. That's bye week filler material.

I'm just not seeing the gain in running out to snag Bolden or White, neither of whom are likely to get all of Ridley's touches. My guess is that Vereen is going to get some of Ridley's pie. It may not be much, but since there isn't much to begin with, Ridley's successor can't afford to lose any. If even 2-3 carries slide over onto Vereen's plate, you are suddenly very dependent upon Bolden or White scoring a TD for them to make any kind of contribution to your score. I'm not crazy about depending on any particular Patriot to score TD's for them to add value to my lineup.

Ridley forced out of game with knee injury...if it forces him to miss game(s) does this open the door for James White?
Bolden IMO
Agreed.
Agreed.
what kind of value are we talking about? RB2?
Prior to this week Vereen was RB31 and Ridley was RB34 in my main league. That's bye week filler material.

I'm just not seeing the gain in running out to snag Bolden or White, neither of whom are likely to get all of Ridley's touches. My guess is that Vereen is going to get some of Ridley's pie. It may not be much, but since there isn't much to begin with, Ridley's successor can't afford to lose any. If even 2-3 carries slide over onto Vereen's plate, you are suddenly very dependent upon Bolden or White scoring a TD for them to make any kind of contribution to your score. I'm not crazy about depending on any particular Patriot to score TD's for them to add value to my lineup.
Yeah I agree. I already have vereen, don't really want any more pats rbs. Barely want vereen to be honest

Pats homer who usually scrambles to pick up any potential RB in my 12 team deep bench league. Im choosing to not pick either up.

Ryan owner here.

How would you rank WW options of: Palmer, Flacco, Cousins, Tannehill, Hoyer and Carr?

I am last in WW priority and I can see at least 3 teams ahead of me targeting a QB, so that is why I am going 6 deep in my options.

Vereen hit our WW. ...is it worth the headache over McKinnon?
def prefer mckinnon. he just got 18 touches and seemed to take over the starting role.
I hate to agree since I like Vereen and own him but I think there is a chance for McKinnon to carve out a reliable week to week role. At this point, I just don't get what BB and company are thinking. Sad, because Vereen is averaging about 5 ypc.

Jarvis Landry looked pretty good today.
That has a bit to do with Gibson being inactive, they split slot reps.

Can someone rank these?:

Randle

Beckham

Crowell

Hill

Asiata

Storm Johnson
Crowell

Randle = Beckham

Hill

Storm

Asiata

Randle's role will remain unchanged as he was already seeing massive amount of targets and RZ looks over the past three or so weeks. Beckham sees the biggest bump but if that makes him more valuable than Randle is anyone's guess. On one hand, he's a rookie and probably doesn't have the same trust with Eli that Randle has built. On the other hand, Randle has been pretty inefficient with his targets and I'm quite confident if Beckham received some of the screens Randle has been getting for example, he could do much more with them.

White, that is. Not Bolden imo.
Isn't he kinds small and a little slow. Maybe a backup for Vereen since he's a good receiver.
No one should actively seek to join the fantasy #### show that is the NE backfield. Everyone..stay away.
Just reading the tea leaves a bit but I wonder if Coughlin punishes OBJ for his muffed punt and drops yesterday. Lord knows he started to show his frustration with OBJ's hammy. And we know how he handled David Wilson.

I'd normally see this as a perfect opportunity for OBJ to become fantasy relevant since I believe in his talent and this would create opportunity. But I don't trust Coughlin to not try and motivate Beckham by sitting him.

Can someone rank these?:

Randle

Beckham

Crowell

Hill

Asiata

Storm Johnson
Crowell

Randle = Beckham

Hill

Storm

Asiata

Randle's role will remain unchanged as he was already seeing massive amount of targets and RZ looks over the past three or so weeks. Beckham sees the biggest bump but if that makes him more valuable than Randle is anyone's guess. On one hand, he's a rookie and probably doesn't have the same trust with Eli that Randle has built. On the other hand, Randle has been pretty inefficient with his targets and I'm quite confident if Beckham received some of the screens Randle has been getting for example, he could do much more with them.

Isn't he kinds small and a little slow. Maybe a backup for Vereen since he's a good receiver.
No one should actively seek to join the fantasy #### show that is the NE backfield. Everyone..stay away.
Just reading the tea leaves a bit but I wonder if Coughlin punishes OBJ for his muffed punt and drops yesterday. Lord knows he started to show his frustration with OBJ's hammy. And we know how he handled David Wilson.

I'd normally see this as a perfect opportunity for OBJ to become fantasy relevant since I believe in his talent and this would create opportunity. But I don't trust Coughlin to not try and motivate Beckham by sitting him.
Who else do you think they are going to start at wr with Cruz out?

Can someone rank these?:

Randle

Beckham

Crowell

Hill

Asiata

Storm Johnson
Crowell

Randle = Beckham

Hill

Storm

Asiata

Who else do you think they are going to start at wr with Cruz out?
Yeah, the talent gap between OBJ and Parker/Jernigan is larger than let's say Wilson and Bradshaw of 2012. It's conceivable but unlikely.

Is malcolm floyd worth spending the number one ww pic
What are the other options? IMO Rivers loves Floyd type WRs but his floor is super low regardless of format. He's the ultimate feast or famine WR, he literally relies on 50 yard bombs. I probably wouldn't burn priority on him unless I was crazy thin at the position.

Last 4 games from Sanu in PPR

I watched the last game and Sanu had 2 other plays, one for deep yardage called back on penalties so it could have been much bigger. And now its looking like Marvin Jones is not coming back and AJ Green is hobbled, may not play next week. Call me crazy but OBJ/Randle haven't shown anything close to Sanu in consistency or ceiling. Even when AJ comes back if Jones stays out Sanu has game.

Last 4 games from Sanu in PPR

I watched the last game and Sanu had 2 other plays, one for deep yardage called back on penalties so it could have been much bigger. And now its looking like Marvin Jones is not coming back and AJ Green is hobbled, may not play next week. Call me crazy but OBJ/Randle haven't shown anything close to Sanu in consistency or ceiling. Even when AJ comes back if Jones stays out Sanu has game.
Sanu carried an outstanding camp and preseason over to the regular season. He also has gotten his bye out of the way. I'd rather have him over them as well.

Lafell and torrie smith is about it. Wide receivers are valuable in league and Calvin being out is hurting

I lost Ridley and Sproles, my 2 bench RBs and still have Matthews on my bench. How would you rank the RBs available..Bolden, Juwan, Mason, Cunningham, Pierce, CJnoK, White, Helu. I'm not looking forward to grabbing any of them but I need something.

Brian Tyms...I know the snaps aren't there yet, but he has insane measurables and has shown he can win jump balls(if you count preseason as well). I think they find a way to get him on the field moving forward.

Randle or Beckham if available. Cruz looks like he's gonna be out quite a while with the patellar tendon.
Beckham has to be #1.

He's got stud WR talent and now he's playing every snap.
it's Coughlin,he passionately distrusts rookies...

Beckham is reportedly moving to the slot..Randle is the guy you want, he's Eli's security blanket. Randle had been targeted 10 times/gm last 3 weeks,until Eagles game, when he was targeted 9 times..those numbers should easily climb to roughly 13-15 targets/gm from now on, if not more..

Tre Mason - I'm happy I can finally say this after being a Mason-backer during training camp and preseason..

McKinnon

Michael Floyd if available, if not, trade for him now!

Carson Palmer

As a Ryan owner, I'll be targeting QBs.

Flacco, Palmer, Tannehill, Cousins, Hoyer and Carr are all out there.

Am I right in thinking Palmer > Flacco > Cousins.... although Hoyer has a very good matchup against TB when Ryan goes on bye.
I like Cousins much more than this. For me, Cousins and Palmer are splitting hairs, but I rank Cousins first. Palmer over Flacco by a decent amount.

I think this is the most vibrant WW of the season.

Depending on availability, it seems to me, for redraft:

RB:

1. McKinnon- far and away

2. Bolden - he might start

3. Mason

4. Crowell

5. Randle

Mason and Crowell are behind starters, now but in a week or two or three maybe they're starting. Bolden plays for BB who could give him 20 carries or give Vereen the work or Gray or White or just not run the ball.

QB:

Davis

Carr

Hoyer

WR:

Hunter

Holmes

LaFell

Adams

TE:

Amaro

Just read an article on ESPN Boston talking about how Bolden is a core special teams player with a lot of responsibility on all 4 special teams units.. Should we be looking at White or Gray instead?

Just read an article on ESPN Boston talking about how Bolden is a core special teams player with a lot of responsibility on all 4 special teams units.. Should we be looking at White or Gray instead?
Could be, but good good luck guessing who will get the most carries from week to week - and that's not even factoring in the presence of Vereen.

Could be, but good good luck guessing who will get the most carries from week to week - and that's not even factoring in the presence of Vereen.
I think vereen gets a big bump. But what do I know

Mason looked great last night but his schedule against the run in the next month or so contains:

vs SEA

@ KC

@SF

@Ari

vs Den

@SD

If you can hold him until week 13 against Oak that would be a good start and then @ Wash may be ok.

Love the way he looked last night but I am passing since I need help sooner rather than later.

My team is getting a wake up call this week. Far too many guys with name recognition who have just been terrible so far.

Percy Harvin, say hello to free agency. Keenan Allen, you're next if I can't trade you for some pocket lint.

I'm going after Andre Holmes from Oakland.

Everyone seems to agree he's easily the best WR on the team and he's showing it. Considering how much they throw as long as the coaches recognize this he could be a real nice asset for the rest of the season.

Just put in my claims for tomorrow morning. For WRs, I went Holmes, Adams, LaFell. I figure Holmes has the best chance to blow up and Adams, even though he's the No. 3 option, seems to be developing good chemistry with Rodgers (plus Cobb/Nelson could easily get hurt again). LaFell has looked good the past few weeks, but he's still a guy who couldn't make his mark on one of the worst receiving rosters in the NFL over the past few seasons.

Only remaining decision (probably moot since they won't last to my second claim) is whether to drop Storm Johnson for either Mason or Bolden. They're all basically lottery tickets at this point, which is all I really need. I feel like Johnson has the best opportunity, Bolden has the best offense and Mason has the most talent. But they all have significant roadblocks that could easily prevent them from becoming fantasy relevant. I figure when in doubt, bet on talent, so I'll probably put in a claim on Mason and ignore Bolden (since I would choose Johnson over him).

Users who are viewing this thread