What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 7 waiver wire pickups (1 Viewer)

MCguidance said:
Daniel Thomas as a stash?
Realize this is because Moreno is out, but Daniel Thomas is terrible. Damien Williams maybe but not Thomas.
Not disagreeing, but Thomas has the benefit of being more familiar with the offense.
Dolphins have a new OC this year. Thomas not really a benefit there.
What about keeping an eye on LaMichael James? Just checked and looks like he's still on the Miami practice squad. Any homers have any insight? Or updates?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thoughts on TEs for pickup? I know it's an AC-like question, but with Ertz on the BYE and Jimmy hurt, I need to pick someone up (half PPR dynasty, if it matters).

Options include:

Harbor

Chandler

Gresham

Kendricks

Ford

Hill

I'm personally leaning to Hill, Harbor or Ford.

What's the thoughts on Jared Cook? Better option than Jace Amaro?
Graham owner, and I'm going Cook/Amaro for the Wednesday morning WW run.

Cook has 4.6 rec/game, 23/42 overall, no TD's. TD's will come with time (I hope), and Cook has 42 targets (including the bye), ranking him tied for #33 overall in targets.

Amaro has 4.0 rec/game and 24/29 overall, 1 TD so far. Amaro is more consistent with the targets he gets, with a huge spike in volume week 6, ranking him tied for #74 overall in targets.

I think Amaro is higher ceiling, and Cook is higher floor based on volume. I'm going with the volume (standard scoring) with Cook, and praying Graham gets better sooner rather than later.

Which JAX/OAK receiver looks to be the real deal? It seems to be 'throw a dart' with them. :shrug:

If Colston has been dropped I think it's time to pick him up. He's been the receiver to get extra targets when graham is out/injured. It's never the back up tight end

Thoughts on TEs for pickup? I know it's an AC-like question, but with Ertz on the BYE and Jimmy hurt, I need to pick someone up (half PPR dynasty, if it matters).

Options include:

Harbor

Chandler

Gresham

Kendricks

Ford

Hill

I'm personally leaning to Hill, Harbor or Ford.
id go harbor. hes done pretty well the last 3 weeks. chandler has gotten a lot of looks too, but he has a track record of mediocrity.

At some point the Rams want to see what they have in Mason, right? They already know what they have with the other two running backs. With their QB position being in limbo for several seasons, why would they want to keep their running back position in limbo too? I'd think they would be more inclined to start to increase his workload over the next 2-3 weeks. If he has some success, he'll only start to solidify his position on the team.

Gunning for crowell in one league where he is still somehow available

Targetting wr help in another for a spot start this week in the order of

Holmes

Lafell

Also getting randle in the league I have murray. Don't care that he doesn't want to pay for underwear

Bottle of cologne and underwear... Then admitted that if he knew he was going to get arrested he would have just ran.. SMH lol

I see a lot of ppl going for LaFell. I'm just not sold buy this guy and his stone hands. Gonna zig where others are zagging so I'm going to grab Tyms. They booted Thompson and kept this guy for a reason.

I am not convinced on Rueben Randle getting a bump with Cruz out. Randle has already being getting a lot of targets but has turned those targets into very mediocre production. I really wouldn't expect his targets to go up. Also, he now will likely draw opposing teams top corners and the Giants have a string of tough matchups for receivers ahead and a bye next week. IF Randle has a medicore game against the Cowboys I bet he gets dumped again in alot of leagues on his bye week. Then after the bye he faces the Colts(who have been tough on WR's),Hawks,49ers and Cowboys again. I actually think Preston Parker might get the biggest bump due to Cruz's injury followed by Beckham and then Randle.

Randle is 15th in the NFL in targets with 49 but has only translated that into 247 yards. That is brutal production and now that he will face more top corners I don't think that his production will go up just because Cruz is gone.

IMO, Rueben Randle is a sell high right now.

If you can afford to wait a month and have an extra roster spot, now is the time to grab Charles Sims. Especially if you can put him in IR. More so in a PPR league, but even in standard I would chance it. Martin has shown next to nothing and they didn't draft Sims to hold Rainey's jock. He'll get his shot around week 10.

Yahoo waivers haven't even run yet. I usually scour the free agent list for a bit before work every Wednesday.

Annoying.
Now's the best time to look. Players that don't have a claim on them are FA and you can grab them immediately. Players that do have a claim on them will show as on Waivers. You can then place a claim on them if you want.

Right now I'm looking at taking a flyer on one of the NE backs or Mason....can't decide. Bolden seems to be the consensus expert pick...but it's also the most boring one. Hillman was also the most boring pick as well and that worked out fine though.

Awesome, was able to get both Tre Mason and Andre Holmes in my 10-teamer where we keep 2 Vets and 1 Rookie each year. Tre Mason definitely looked like he was worth the stash on MNF.

Percy Harvin, enjoy free agency.

Yahoo waivers haven't even run yet. I usually scour the free agent list for a bit before work every Wednesday.

Annoying.
Now's the best time to look. Players that don't have a claim on them are FA and you can grab them immediately. Players that do have a claim on them will show as on Waivers. You can then place a claim on them if you want.
Except it's not always that easy if there's only one player on your roster that you want to drop. I'm waiting to see if I get the player I really want through waivers, and dropping player X. If I don't land the guy I really want, then I would drop player X for a Free Agent. But I have to wait until waivers run. I don't want to cancel my claim to pick up a FA, because I would lose my chance at getting the better player.

Annoying.
Except it's not always that easy if there's only one player on your roster that you want to drop. I'm waiting to see if I get the player I really want through waivers, and dropping player X. If I don't land the guy I really want, then I would drop player X for a Free Agent. But I have to wait until waivers run. I don't want to cancel my claim to pick up a FA, because I would lose my chance at getting the better player.
Exactly. I'm in dire need of running back with McCoy, Martin on bye and ridley and Moreno dead. I have to pick up two RBs to start this week and have claims for two. If I miss on one or both, I want to have first crack at free agents. I'm usually up early so I can do this and get ahead.

I see a lot of ppl going for LaFell. I'm just not sold buy this guy and his stone hands. Gonna zig where others are zagging so I'm going to grab Tyms. They booted Thompson and kept this guy for a reason.
I've been watching Brandon Lafell for years. He'll pull out a game or two, but soon he will be back to himself, dropping every good pass that comes his way. He's fools gold, imo

Annoying.

Right now I'm looking at taking a flyer on one of the NE backs or Mason....can't decide. Bolden seems to be the consensus expert pick...but it's also the most boring one. Hillman was also the most boring pick as well and that worked out fine though.
You cannot do that.

Annoying.

You cannot do that.
Actually that is EXACTLY how our league is set up. Waivers run around 1:00 am Wednesday. Once waivers are done, it is a free for all until Sunday morning with first come first served. The caveat is any players that were dropped in the add/drop run on Thursday morning are on waivers as opposed to being available for immediate pickup. So several of our owners, who apparently don't need sleep, start making claims around 2:00 am Thursday mornings. They get whoever they want that is available. And since it is a add/drop as opposed to a waiver claim they can make as many add/drops as they want, not restricted by the weekly waiver limit of 3 players. Screwy, but that is how it is set up.

Annoying.

You cannot do that.
Actually that is EXACTLY how our league is set up. Waivers run around 1:00 am Wednesday. Once waivers are done, it is a free for all until Sunday morning with first come first served. The caveat is any players that were dropped in the add/drop run on Thursday morning are on waivers as opposed to being available for immediate pickup. So several of our owners, who apparently don't need sleep, start making claims around 2:00 am Thursday mornings. They get whoever they want that is available. And since it is a add/drop as opposed to a waiver claim they can make as many add/drops as they want, not restricted by the weekly waiver limit of 3 players. Screwy, but that is how it is set up.
I'm confused about why you quoted me and then stated that.

What I said is that right now in this period of limbo on Yahoo if you look at the player list and see players who are on waivers because the league's waivers have not yet run and somebody has a claim on them, you cannot add a claim to that player.

Annoying.

You cannot do that.
Different situation. We're talking about the glitch where Yahoo waivers haven't ran yet. They are a couple of hours late. Unclaimed players have switched to FAs, but players with claims in are locked and still on the wire. In this case you cannot put a new claim in on one of the locked players.

Jarvis Landry especially in return leagues...

Derek Carr in deeper or 2QB leagues, he looks legit now that they let him throw downfield, rookie or not.

Annoying.
If you drop your player the day before waivers run, you can claim multiple players

Daniel Thomas. :o
Something happen recently where he's an instant add?!
Yeah, we hopped into a time machine back to 2011, right before everyone found out that he sucked. To be completely honest though, I was watching him run vs. KC and OAK and what I witnessed didn't exactly look like a plodder. Sample size is super small but on 9 touches he's had gains of 10, 15, 21 and 25. Personally, I'm still not expecting MIA to increase Miller's carries so between D. Williams and Thomas there's probably some long shot value in deeper leagues.

IDK I mean Moreno was out during that time period, and he wasn't getting many looks. Now Moreno is not coming back but other than no longer expecting his return, what's changed?

IDK I mean Moreno was out during that time period, and he wasn't getting many looks. Now Moreno is not coming back but other than no longer expecting his return, what's changed?
Thomas hadn't been practicing with the team once he was released (obviously) so had a little catching up to do. His first week back he played vs. KC got 3 touches, the next week vs. OAK he saw 6 touches and then the team went on bye. Moreno came back after the bye so he found himself inactive. In that same time span, he (Thomas) out touched D. Williams however (9:7), which I find odd for obvious reasons.

Anyway, my point is that even with Moreno out of the picture, Miller only saw himself handling ~60% of the teams offensive snaps through weeks 2-6 with the rest being split between Williams, Thomas and Darkwa. If someone can emerge as the clear cut #2 they'll probably find themselves with a relevant # of snaps/touches in deeper leagues. I don't know, I see that Thomas totaled 109 yards on 9 touches in his first two games back and it's peaked my interest. MIA clearly wanted to get him involved before Moreno came back and now Moreno is out of the picture. Oof, I can't believe I typed all of this for Daniel Thomas. :lmao:

Users who are viewing this thread