What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Weekly Waiver Wire Pick Ups - **CHAMPIONSHIP WEEK** Week 17 starts on Page 30 (1 Viewer)

L. Treadwell

Shenault tested positive.

He's been getting steady targets and his production has been stable the last few weeks.

Yup. Crappy offense, but JAX should be able to run the ball against the Jets and Treadwell seems to be the guy. Could be a sneaky 6 - 75 - 1.

Not bad for the desperate.

Yeah...I think I have the #1 waiver spot. 

The downside is trying to determine who I am dropping.  Not sure I can grab both of those guys.  Penny likely my drop (or Mattison...but playing the Cook owner...Id like to hold him as long as possible so he if something happened in practice this week, he can't grab him and start him against me)  

Smart man! 

Wow, that's unlucky for you. I bet a lot of AJ Brown owners didn't make the playoffs. 

Still, you have a good play with Mattison now, and the Rams D on short rest. 

Cam Akers activated. Obviously no one is starting him tomorrow, but do you think there's any chance he could show enough this week to make himself valuable for next week? My gut says no. They will ease him back in with the hope that they get something for the playoffs. Maybe they give him the start Week 18 if their playoff slot is locked in.u

ETA: Never mind, he’s not even traveling with the team for tomorrows game. So no way he could be startable next week

Last edited by a moderator:
Cam Akers activated. Obviously no one is starting him tomorrow, but do you think there's any chance he could show enough this week to make himself valuable for next week? My gut says no. They will ease him back in with the hope that they get something for the playoffs. Maybe they give him the start Week 18 if their playoff slot is locked in.u

ETA: Never mind, he’s not even traveling with the team for tomorrows game. So no way he could be startable next week
Ekeler owners might

Josh Palmer?

No futon and no Williams and no ekeler. 

On defense no Bosa and maybe no James.

Palmer Could be the defacto Wr2 and second passing option on a high power offense

CanaBuc said:
Josh Palmer?

No futon and no Williams and no ekeler. 

On defense no Bosa and maybe no James.

Palmer Could be the defacto Wr2 and second passing option on a high power offense
ESPN has him projected for 9 points. 

My opponent is starting Herbert. I may use this dude. 

Yeah, PPR.  Well half.
He did well in a game with Allen it but he played the slot role. Don't know what happens when the 2 outside receivers in Guyton and Williams are out. And Parham.

Think  Herbert passed about 38 time per game. Those 3 out represent about 12.5 targets per game. Palmer was averaging 2 per game. His season high was 7 where her had 5 catches for over 60 yards and a touch down without Allen.

If even only 5 or the 12.5 targets go his way he sees 7 targets from Herbert.

He is averaging about 8.6 ypt.

So if he sees his averages that would be about 5 catches for 60 yards as his average and a chance of a score.

So who oversees everyone's top 3 until they get covid? Eying D Williams here
i grabbed McKenzie, then realized that Gabe Davis and Beasley will be back, so probably hunting for another WR3. thought about DPJ, but just read how he likely will be losing some snaps to try some other WRs out on the team.

I am playing berrios over mclauren, we get a point for every 40 return yards which makes his floor even higher. Hoping for a bunch of returnable kicks with Tampa scoring and junk time 🤞 
great call. here. i made a horrible one looking for TE. sat Higbee and Uzmah and went with Moreau because of his yards and targets over the last 2 weeks. got his first target today with 58 seconds left in the 4th Q  :bag:

Patterson, Michel, Penny appreciation thread. Last 5 weeks of season, Penny & Michel were RB2 and RB3

If you rode Patterson most the year then swapped to either Michel/Penny the last few weeks of year.....yeah that's good 👍

A lot of waiver wire RB helped win championships (of the top 13 PPR finishers this week so far, at least 7 of them were on most waiver wires this year)

Last edited by a moderator:
Week 18!

I have a few that run right thru Week 18, wasn't a surprise when I Drafted, I knew what I was getting into. Most of these leagues I was woeful early in the year and got hot about Mid-Season and worked the waiver wire effectively, 16 man rosters you don't have a ton of wiggle so guys appear and you gotta grab them quickly and sometimes it's a leap of faith. 

Trey Lance: I actually already have him and was dumb enough to play him over several other top QBs, he outperformed Stafford technically, doesn't mean that is the right call this week as they face off H2H, I'm not that impressed with him to be honest but San Fran has a lot to play for and he could be the guy that has to lead them, he's had all year to study and take notes, can't say that I've seen the fruits of that labor just yet but I'm going to keep an open mind this week. 

Braxton Berrios: Strong week this past Sunday, solid the previous 2 weeks as well. 

Kristian Wilkerson: Not going to pretend to know because I don't. Miami doesn't seem like an ideal match up but who knows?

Cyril Grayson: I like what i see and Tampa Bay needs someone to try and be the next Marvel Superhero at WR, he might be called upon next. 

What cha got?

Users who are viewing this thread