What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Weird things women say and do with each other, that men never would. (1 Viewer)

Irish3

Footballguy
Wife and I are chilling in bed watching TV (Yellowstone) and the wife of a couple that's great friends of ours, texts her after we haven't talked for awhile and says, "I miss your face." I say,"Is there something happening that I should know about?"

I mean, guess it's kinda funny, but would you text another dude that you miss his face and mean it seriously?

Wife and I are chilling in bed watching TV (Yellowstone) and the wife of a couple that's great friends of ours, texts her after we haven't talked for awhile and says, "I miss your face." I say,"Is there something happening that I should know about?"

I mean, guess it's kinda funny, but would you text another dude that you miss his face and mean it seriously?
Options:
1) start hiding money now
2) “I’m not sure what the exact pronunciation is, but I believe it’s ménage a trois.”

I spent 20 minutes trying to think of a 3rd option but none seemed as appropriate as the first two.

Then I asked my wife and she said “it’s odd, but I have a few lifelong friends who might say that. Is it like her best friend or something?” She also thought my responses were completely unhelpful. Which to me made my responses even more valid.

My teenage kids overheard this and both said “wtf?”

And no, there is zero chance I text that to any of my friends.

I long gave up trying to figure out the vagaries of women.

I wouldn't stress it at all. Perhaps her friend was emotive or under duress.

I've seen this expression used tangentially on social media and the like. Apparently it's some kind of indication that the sender of the message misses the other person. The phrasing is awkward and almost creepy, IMO, but maybe that's the allure. :shrug:

Another obvious thing I can think of is why do women need to go to the bathroom in pairs?
When was the last time, if you're a dude, did a guy in your group say I gotta take a piss, be right back, did you or any other guy say, I'll go with you.

Another obvious thing I can think of is why do women need to go to the bathroom in pairs?
When was the last time, if you're a dude, did a guy in your group say I gotta take a piss, be right back, did you or any other guy say, I'll go with you.
My guess is there are a few social roots to that:
- safety in numbers
- single women used to need chaperones to go out with single men so you can’t leave them left alone with a man
- men dominating talk and not letting women talk or talk about “women’s topics” so that was a chance for their conversation
- it was normal in social gatherings for after dinner, the sexes separate anyway

I have told multiple friends that I miss their face. I have also told lots of dudes that I love them.

Not my brother though. He is my best friend and favorite person who isn't my wife or kid in the world. And I'm his. And I've called him an ******* way more times than I've told him I love him. And he has never told me nor really ever said anything nice to me.

So I guess I get both sides.

I have also told lots of dudes that I love them.

Not my brother though. He is my best friend and favorite person who isn't my wife or kid in the world. And I'm his. And I've called him an ******* way more times than I've told him I love him. And he has never told me nor really ever said anything nice to me.

Same here.

Good on you for your relationship with your brother, but if it bothers you so, tell him. If it would just make things suck, then don't, but if it seems like something you've been meaning to do, tell him how much you would miss him if he weren't there or tell him how much he means to you in a masculine way. Even something as stupid as a nonsensical phrase like "word is bond" gets the message across.

Huh, while I’ve never done it, I’ve heard dudes say “I miss your face” to other dudes before. I think it’s just a fad expression.

That said, I agree with things like women only go to the bathroom together and will call each each other “just to talk” (I had a buddy call me once just to talk bc his wife told him to connect more with his friends and it was the most awkward thing ever).

I’ve also noticed that women tend to make identical purchases as each other whereas men don't seem to do this.

Huh, while I’ve never done it, I’ve heard dudes say “I miss your face” to other dudes before. I think it’s just a fad expression.

That said, I agree with things like women only go to the bathroom together and will call each each other “just to talk” (I had a buddy call me once just to talk bc his wife told him to connect more with his friends and it was the most awkward thing ever).

I’ve also noticed that women tend to make identical purchases as each other whereas men don't seem to do this.
If there's a hot fishing lure men will do this. Of course, they will also try to keep the information from each other

I trust a buddy of mine implicitly with certain types of purchases, one being motor vehicles. He had been a Subaru-aholic for decades but switched to Kia mid-2020 or so. I was in the market for a car and trusted his research and my own liking of the brand/model, and ended up buying the exact same year/model as he did (he got 4x4 being in Colorado, though). Even got the same color. :lol:

I have told multiple friends that I miss their face. I have also told lots of dudes that I love them.

:goodposting: no brother in the mix for me, but have told people that I have missed their faces and told dudes that I love them.

"I miss your face" is pretty common from the younger women I'm friends with.

Guy friends, who purposely try to make things awkward and creepy, are more likely to go with "I miss your musk."

"I miss your face" is pretty common from the younger women I'm friends with.

Guy friends, who purposely try to make things awkward and creepy, are more likely to go with "I miss your musk."
Yeah I’ve heard that too. I find it similarly odd but get that it’s just a fad thing people are saying.

Obvious answer - gp to a drag show. Can’t imagine pairs of guys going, but women definitely would.
I've been to a drag show with a gay male friend. Also went to a burlesque show with my wife, which included performers in drag. In both cases I found it a waste of time.

"I miss your face." I say,
But I did kinda clip your jaw with that left hook.
>>> Rimshot

One thing I've never gotten about women is the topic that seems to fascinate many women...
Serial killers.
I've never understood that fascination but noticed many women light up if it is ever brought up in conversation.

Users who are viewing this thread