What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Well, that was odd... (1 Viewer)

Moderation around here is pretty ridiculous. These threads getting deleted and locked is all good, but this isn't something that's done even remotely consistently. It makes for a poor product.

Moderation tends to pick up during the offseason. And yeah the rhyme or reason is sometimes not very clear.

Goodbye, US Airways thread. Was nice to have known you.
It's going to be fun watching the genie get put back in the bottle. This could be a time period in the FFA that is talked about for years to come. Much like the Great Purge.

It's going to be fun watching the genie get put back in the bottle. This could be a time period in the FFA that is talked about for years to come. Much like the Great Purge.
Naw I think this is just the usual offseason we got nothing better to do clean up. I mean look how long that thread was up even with some of the borderline comments. This thread is still here. When they are going all dark ages these threads get killed quickly.

Naw I think this is just the usual offseason we got nothing better to do clean up. I mean look how long that thread was up even with some of the borderline comments. This thread is still here. When they are going all dark ages these threads get killed quickly.
We'll see. The way Joe talked, it sounded like he was going to try and take it back to the good ol' days.

We'll see. The way Joe talked, it sounded like he was going to try and take it back to the good ol' days.
He better have nothing else to do.

BTW I missed the thread where Joe talked about this anyone got a link?

Last edited by a moderator:

I don't know, but he #####-slapped me for calling Tim nutty. Probably the nicest name Tim has been called all year.

I don't know, but he #####-slapped me for calling Tim nutty. Probably the nicest name Tim has been called all year.
And yet threatening gun violence is a-ok.

Gee Wilikers - I'm just here for jolly old good time, rated G of course of course. Anyone in the mood to discuss the benefits of recycling?

I saw that and had about 3 different responses to Joe typed out that I deleted. Not sure what why or how he decided to jump on that.

I disagree with the heavy-handed, uneven, random moderation policy, on the other hand count me as supporter of the frequent banning of jon_mx policy.

Same as day 1

I saw that and had about 3 different responses to Joe typed out that I deleted. Not sure what why or how he decided to jump on that.
Joe set out trying to have a thread discussing a sensitive topic where everyone played nice. I did not really consider nutty an attack, but I understand his point. But it was like getting arrested for jaywalking when on the next street over there are rapes and murders occuring.

The biggest inconsistency to me is that we're not allowed to say naughty words even with a filter in place to pick them up, the reason being it keeps things work and family safe, while at the same time every other thread is a who's hottest thread with linked pics of half naked women.

Note, I'm not advocating banning Who's Hottest threads. I'm advocating the opposite. Loosen the grip a bit and let people judge for themselves what's work safe or not. For example, I know not to click on a link in a thread titled "Connect the Butts" (a great thread, btw) if I'm at work. Trust that we have common sense in those situations.

I'm not gonna argue against getting slapped on the wrist for personal attacks though. That's the kind of stuff that really derails topics.

I thought a timeout was the equivalent of a warning point.
Warning points are usually tied to timeouts, but not neccessarily. It is the descretion of the moderater.
I had a timeout for 5 days worth 3 warning points :thumbup:

I currently have 5 points, so I'm averaging about 1 a year, I'm due.

Who has the most? Anyone still a member over 10?
I think Dr. Detroit and Mad Sweeney each confessed to 9 points. I think at 10 points they DeSean Jackson you. I have not heard from Mad Sweeney in a while. :oldunsure:

I thought a timeout was the equivalent of a warning point.
Warning points are usually tied to timeouts, but not neccessarily. It is the descretion of the moderater.
I had a timeout for 5 days worth 3 warning points :thumbup:

I currently have 5 points, so I'm averaging about 1 a year, I'm due.

Who has the most? Anyone still a member over 10?
I think Dr. Detroit and Mad Sweeney each confessed to 9 points. I think at 10 points they DeSean Jackson you. I have not heard from Mad Sweeney in a while. :oldunsure:
Is Sweeney banned? :thumbup:

johnjohn a Sweeney alias? :thumbdown:

This was where he said it.

This is the new direction of this website, things were getting murky and are getting cleaned up.

Don't expect things to remain this strict. People and threads are being made examples of to set a precedent.

You always have :e: to run to if you want to show your wild side. But overall, we have a new Football Season starting soon once the draft rolls around and the new authority needs to be established.

Thanks for reading,

Em

Last edited by a moderator:
This is kind of like when reason's H&R got cleaned up to remove awful trolls that were destroying the web site and irritating everybody on there, except in reverse.

This is the new direction of this website, things were getting murky and are getting cleaned up.

Don't expect things to remain this strict. People and threads are being made examples of to set a precedent.

You always have :e: to run to if you want to show your wild side. But overall, we have a new Football Season starting soon once the draft rolls around and the new authority needs to be established.

Thanks for reading,

Em
You are a Joe Bryant alias? That would explain why you are still allowed to post here.

Thanks for reading,

Em
Ok come on, who are you really??

Thanks for reading,

Em
And some of you want this guy to leave?

Thanks for reading,

Em
Kissass

Thanks for reading,

Em
Kissass
When you threaten to sue FBG and then make a false threat about ending your life, sometimes you have to swing the pendulum the complete opposite way to mend fences.

Users who are viewing this thread