What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

We're picking one of our Footballguys Premium Subscribers to co-own a FFPC Main Even Team - $1Million Grand Prize (1 Viewer)

Joe Bryant

Guide
Staff member
Anyone interested in co-owning an @FFPC Main Event Team with me? For Free?
🔹Grand Prize is $1,000,000
🔹Entry value is $2,150
🔹Zoom call 9/9 to talk strategy
🔹Collaborate on Waivers each week
🔹If we win anything, you get all the money

We'll be picking a winner from one of our annual Premium Footballguys Subscribers on Thursday.

Details to enter tomorrow.

Update: If you've purchased an annual Footballguys Premium subscription for this year, enter here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdkWdNF4XEZAFmxdDemXzCZgc3jpcVQ9VQumme2Yd_dGhkRpg/viewform

Last edited:
Really cool. I hope a good article comes of this afterwards....as in I hope you lean on this winner to provide some content from their perspective.

You think my adult kids who I haven't seen since the holidays would understand me cancelling my trip out to draft a FF team?

Hey Joe... If I'm lucky enough to get picked and I'm already in Vegas... we could probably skip the Zoom call and strategize over a couple beers!!!

I think my 30 minute conversation would be like “You are the expert and you have the data, so I defer to you, but I’d wait on kickers. Can you spend the next 29 minutes teaching me how to improve my regression analysis skills?”

I think my 30 minute conversation would be like “You are the expert and you have the data, so I defer to you, but I’d wait on kickers. Can you spend the next 29 minutes teaching me how to improve my regression analysis skills?”
well now he's NOT going to pick you :P

LOL. I'm super interested in getting to know the person. I think lots of times people really into stuff (like most everyone here is) underestimate how much they know. I wouldn't be at all surprised if it wind up doing this the other way around and deferring to the other person. I want to do what they want to do.

My stuff is pretty much out there already for the world to see in how we rank players with Draft Dominator. I just want to make sure the winner gets their input in there. Should be super fun.

This is a really cool promotion. 👍

Thank you GB. I was super hesitant about doing it as I thought it sounded pretentious to have the prize be getting to have a team with me. But the reality is the prize, is getting a $2,150 entry into a contest with a grand prize of $1,000,000 and I'll give you all the money if we win. ;) I get it.

I do think it'll be super fun though. Looking forward to it.

LOL. I'm super interested in getting to know the person. I think lots of times people really into stuff (like most everyone here is) underestimate how much they know. I wouldn't be at all surprised if it wind up doing this the other way around and deferring to the other person. I want to do what they want to do.

My stuff is pretty much out there already for the world to see in how we rank players with Draft Dominator. I just want to make sure the winner gets their input in there. Should be super fun.
All kidding aside, it is really cool that you are doing this.

Hey Joe... If I'm lucky enough to get picked and I'm already in Vegas... we could probably skip the Zoom call and strategize over a couple beers!!!
For ffpc? @lakerstan same question?
Actually going for The Stadium Tour on Friday night and leaving for vegas in about 12 hours :) It took me too long to convince my wife I needed to spend $825 on a High Stakes league and live draft in vegas..... by the time she finally, reluctantly, green lighted me to get a team the $825 leagues like Super Bracket or Bare Knuckles were all full :(

I love the main event when you can go live. Especially fun when you have people on either side of you that talk. 2013, drafted 4th and both the guys at 3 and 5 were fun, talkative people. The most enjoyable draft of the main events I have done.

When I took Shady at #4, overall, the guy drafting 5th let out a frustrated yell. He ended up with Trent Richardson. What a difference one pick made that year :shades:

I was super hesitant about doing it as I thought it sounded pretentious to have the prize be getting to have a team with me. But the reality is the prize, is getting a $2,150 entry into a contest with a grand prize of $1,000,000 and I'll give you all the money if we win. ;) I get it.

There are lots of fantasy contests out there with 7-figure prizes these days. I actually think the whole "co-managing the team with Joe Bryant" angle is what makes this so cool. I'm sure it'll be a blast for whoever wins, regardless of how well the entry finishes.

This is a really cool promotion. 👍

Thank you GB. I was super hesitant about doing it as I thought it sounded pretentious to have the prize be getting to have a team with me. But the reality is the prize, is getting a $2,150 entry into a contest with a grand prize of $1,000,000 and I'll give you all the money if we win. ;) I get it.

I do think it'll be super fun though. Looking forward to it.

Super cool Joe. Hate to be that guy, but you may want to tweak the I give you the money to the I give you the money after taxes or just put the team in the name of the winner. You don't want to personally be looking at $400K tax bill next April hen you win this thing. At least spend 5 minutes with your tax guy if you already haven't.

On another note @Joe Bryant , I get the feeling that you're really into this upcoming fantasy season, more so than the last few years. What I mean by that statement is that the dial has turned from a 9 to a 10. Tons of changes around here and it seems like you are trying to improve anything you can get your hands on this year and also really engaging with the folks in the shark pool.

On another note @Joe Bryant , I get the feeling that you're really into this upcoming fantasy season, more so than the last few years. What I mean by that statement is that the dial has turned from a 9 to a 10. Tons of changes around here and it seems like you are trying to improve anything you can get your hands on this year and also really engaging with the folks in the shark pool.

Thank you for noticing and saying that. I am more excited than ever about Footballguys. Thank you for being a part of it.

There are lots of fantasy contests out there with 7-figure prizes these days. I actually think the whole "co-managing the team with Joe Bryant" angle is what makes this so cool. I'm sure it'll be a blast for whoever wins, regardless of how well the entry finishes.

Thank you GB. I think it'll be fun for me too!

Super cool Joe. Hate to be that guy, but you may want to tweak the I give you the money to the I give you the money after taxes or just put the team in the name of the winner. You don't want to personally be looking at $400K tax bill next April hen you win this thing. At least spend 5 minutes with your tax guy if you already haven't.
As a tax guy, I would say 1099 it through to the other owner. Boom. Problem solved.

FWIW, I'm happy just to do something like this. This would be a blast. Still hoping you are picking "Thursday". :wink:

As a tax guy, I would say 1099 it through to the other owner. Boom. Problem solved.

FWIW, I'm happy just to do something like this. This would be a blast. Still hoping you are picking "Thursday". :wink:

How awesome. The creativity and humor here never ceases to amaze me. Good luck Thursday.

Users who are viewing this thread