What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What % chance would you say D'Andre Swift becomes the clear-cut #1 RB for PHI now? (1 Viewer)

What % chance would you say D'Andre Swift becomes the clear-cut #1 RB for PHI now?

• Total voters
He's not going to play WR or RB for contract reasons alone. If or... let's be real, when he is cut loose, any team from KC, BAL, MIA, SF, ATL, PHI could design some fun looks for him.

He is who he is. He showed it in Seattle
Sit this one out.
You’re a Penny fan? Believe he’s lived up to his potential?
Your post insinuated he showed in Seattle he was not good. His issue was injuries. He's literally one of the most efficient RB's on a per carry basis in entire history of the NFL.
When you’re lazy, fat and out of shape you get hurt more. You also sit out when you’re sore but not injured. Penny is soft both mentally and physically.

He didn’t live up to his potential in Seattle. That’s a fact. The most games he’s played in a season was 14 as a rookie when he gained 419 yards. His other seasons he has played 10, 10, 5 and 3 games. He’s gained less than 3,000 yards in his career as a 1st round pick. Efficiency don’t mean **** without volume.

He also looked slow, out of shape and unprepared in his first action as an Eagle. Didn’t think I’d find a Penny defender in here but carry on. Not a hill I would die on.
Like I said earlier.

He's not going to play WR or RB for contract reasons alone. If or... let's be real, when he is cut loose, any team from KC, BAL, MIA, SF, ATL, PHI could design some fun looks for him.

Sit this one out.
Your post insinuated he showed in Seattle he was not good. His issue was injuries. He's literally one of the most efficient RB's on a per carry basis in entire history of the NFL.
When you’re lazy, fat and out of shape you get hurt more. You also sit out when you’re sore but not injured. Penny is soft both mentally and physically.

He didn’t live up to his potential in Seattle. That’s a fact. The most games he’s played in a season was 14 as a rookie when he gained 419 yards. His other seasons he has played 10, 10, 5 and 3 games. He’s gained less than 3,000 yards in his career as a 1st round pick. Efficiency don’t mean **** without volume.

He also looked slow, out of shape and unprepared in his first action as an Eagle. Didn’t think I’d find a Penny defender in here but carry on. Not a hill I would die on.
Like I said earlier.
So you agree he didn't live up to his potential in Seattle? Or do you disagree that he looked fat, slow and unprepared when Gainwell went down? Facts are facts. You can be an apologist all you like, argue if you like, but he's done what he's done. He is who he is.

Sit this one out.

He didn’t live up to his potential in Seattle. That’s a fact. The most games he’s played in a season was 14
Aside from the contention that he was fat (I never heard that about Penny btw) that is literally the exact same book on Swift coming into this season.

Soft physically & mentally, didn't live up to his potential in Detroit, never played more than 14 games.

Sit this one out.

What? lol.

Maybe he's those things in Philly, but strictly talking about his time in Seattle, he was not lazy, fat, and out of shape? And his injuries weren't exactly ones where he was "just sore and could have played through it if he wasn't soft"

Awful take man, awful take.

Sit this one out.

What? lol.

Maybe he's those things in Philly, but strictly talking about his time in Seattle, he was not lazy, fat, and out of shape? And his injuries weren't exactly ones where he was "just sore and could have played through it if he wasn't soft"

He's soft or there's something else wrong with him, fact is, he doesn't produce or hasn't produced and he looked terribly unprepared for a fresh start in Philly. Excuses are like assholes... Sorry if you're a fan,

Sit this one out.

What? lol.

He's soft or there's something else wrong with him, fact is, he doesn't produce or hasn't produced and he looked terribly unprepared for a fresh start in Philly. Excuses are like assholes... Sorry if you're a fan,
Not a fan for or against Penny. But the point you made was about his time in Seattle. Which is what I was discussing.

Sit this one out.

What? lol.

Not a fan for or against Penny. But the point you made was about his time in Seattle. Which is what I was discussing.
How would you describe his time in Seattle? Just unlucky or a bad fit or something more?

Sit this one out.

Like I said earlier.
So you agree he didn't live up to his potential in Seattle? Or do you disagree that he looked fat, slow and unprepared when Gainwell went down? Facts are facts. You can be an apologist all you like, argue if you like, but he's done what he's done. He is who he is.
R Penny has the highest rushing Yards Per Attempt, wait for it, .... drum roll ..... .... .... IN THE HISTORY OF THE NFL!!!! You had no idea, did you?

Sit this one out.

What? lol.

How would you describe his time in Seattle? Just unlucky or a bad fit or something more?
He was a fine fit an amazing one actually. He averaged 5.7 yards/carry, dude can play. He had an ACL in 2019 and a broken tibia in 2022.

You're conflating the 12 games he missed with soft tissue injuries in 2018, 2019 & 2021. With serious injuries that no RB could come back from.

Sit this one out.

Like I said earlier.
R Penny has the highest rushing Yards Per Attempt, wait for it, .... drum roll ..... .... .... IN THE HISTORY OF THE NFL!!!! You had no idea, did you?
With less than 3,000 rushing yards in over 5 seasons. I’ll say it again….drum roll…efficiency is meaningless without volume.

Sit this one out.

Like I said earlier.
With less than 3,000 rushing yards in over 5 seasons. I’ll say it again….drum roll…efficiency is meaningless without volume.
You realize your starting point was that Penny was slow & out of shape and had a history of being the same in Seattle.

I'm happy to settle on unreliable, as he has missed so much time, but the premise that he has a history of being slow, lazy & out of shape is flat wrong.

Sit this one out.

Like I said earlier.
You realize your starting point was that Penny was slow & out of shape and had a history of being the same in Seattle.

I'm happy to settle on unreliable, as he has missed so much time, but the premise that he has a history of being slow, lazy & out of shape is flat wrong.

The Penny thread must be so far down the page that we don't even bother going in there now. LOL!

Whatever Penny was, he doesn't appear to be that guy anymore.

Swift looks so much better than any of the other backs on the Philly roster right now.

Was traded basically for a 2025 4th Rd pick from Detroit
-Contract year, he is an UFA and will likely find a decent 2nd contract if he can stay on the field this year.

45 carries over 2 games
332 yds with almost ALL of IT coming on the ground, he does have 7 targets and 5 catches but minimal yds, he's done most of his damage running thru wide open lanes

Whatever Penny was, he doesn't appear to be that guy anymore.

Swift looks so much better than any of the other backs on the Philly roster right now.
Based on 3 carries I'm not willing to call Penny anything ATM.

But Swift absolutely looks like he's playing at another level, that's for sure.

He looked absolutely mediocre in the preseason as well. He looked slow.
Okay, maybe he's cooked.

Then again, the Raiders looked competent in the preseason so...

Was traded basically for a 2025 4th Rd pick from Detroit
-Contract year, he is an UFA and will likely find a decent 2nd contract if he can stay on the field this year.

45 carries over 2 games
332 yds with almost ALL of IT coming on the ground, he does have 7 targets and 5 catches but minimal yds, he's done most of his damage running thru wide open lanes
At this rate he’ll eclipse last years’ totals in two weeks, lol. Heard someone on the radio say that last game he ran for 100 yards before contact. That oline is just mauling people. If you watch the all 22 of his hurdle-run there’s a 20 foot wide chasm with big green bodies on both sides throwing the TB Dline around.

I said earlier in this thread and in his player thread before the season started, behind this oline and with his receiving ability he can be a top 10 RB. Scary thing is, he isn’t even doing much in the passing game yet.

Users who are viewing this thread