What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What, in general, annoys you? (1 Viewer)

eoMMan

Footballguy
1. Getting a ticket for not wearing my seatbelt. I do wear it all of the time regardless but that's not the point. If I want to increase my risk of injuries or death due to an accident, that's my freedom to do so. I shouldn't be reprimanded for not trying to keep myself safe. It's not like I'm going to hurt others by not wearing my seatbelt.

2. Motorcycles. First, the loud ones. I'm trying to sleep and if I'm not asleep, it's still annoying not being able to hear myself think with those loud vehicles from hell. You old Harley drivers like to talk smack about the youngin's and their systems but your stupid bikes are even louder. Get a sound deadening muffler for that ####, ****. Now, the quick crotch rockets. It's still a vehicle and you still should obey the speed limit. Don't cry to me when your brother gets decapitated because he was doing 90 mph and someone pulled out in front of him due to not seeing him. Gee, maybe if he was going a little slower (and had more steel around him but that's another story...) he would have avoided the accident.

3. (placeholder)

What annoys you?

People who weave in and out of traffic and generally behave anywhere they are (could be in the stores cutting lines as well) thinking their time is more important than mine.

Werewolves in the FFA.

1) New Englanders

2) The fact that its really, really cold today

3) My office cafeteria slops some sort of sauce/mayo on EVERY SINGLE sandwich they make. At least give me the option.

4) Several of my agents

5) People who talk on their phones while driving

6) Stuart Scott's schtick

7) the studdering effect that has been showing up on Fox HD lately

8) The new ESPN.com format (although I'm getting used to it)

9) My neck is itchy

10) The guy who sits behind me is REALLY loud on the phone.

Thats all for now.

People who weave in and out of traffic and generally behave anywhere they are (could be in the stores cutting lines as well) thinking their time is more important than mine.

Werewolves in the FFA.
Good one.I hate those people that fly through empty parking lots through the empty spots. IMO, they should still go down the actual lanes and not cut through the empty spots. You can't always see the people coming. I've almost been hit because of these people.

1) Bosses who are incapable of articulating exactly what they expect.

2) People who BS when they don't know the answer and especially those who will continue to do so after you show/tell them the right or actual answer.

3) Suck ups

4) How cold this winter is

5) The Eagles (McNabb)

People that voted for someone (like George Bush) and then trying to say that they never voted for him or generally trying to distance themselves from him when the #### hits the fan.

Union workers do something similar when during tough contract negotiations. If a crappy contract passes, nobody will admit they voted for it.

Posts with a list of choices but no actual poll in the FFA.

Posts about New Englanders in the Shark Pool

Last edited by a moderator:
1. People holding up traffic in the Passing Lane.

2. Cyclists & Motorists who can't figure out how to be be courteous to one another & share the road. I'm a cyclist and a motorist. There's plenty of blame to go around to both sides.

3. Critical Mass. They do not represent cyclists.

4. People who list everything that was ever any good on every "Best Ever" list.

2) People who BS when they don't know the answer and especially those who will continue to do so after you show/tell them the right or actual answer.

3) Suck ups

5) The Eagles (McNabb)
Por que?

Any version of a Loud Eater

So many things bother me about the way some people eat. Chewing with the mouth open and making that loud "smacking noise". The "MMMMMMM" after every bite. The loud gulping swallow of liquids. There are many more... but those are the top three. Every person in my office does one (or more) of these.

It's gotten to the point that I avoid eating situations with them.

1. Getting a ticket for not wearing my seatbelt. I do wear it all of the time regardless but that's not the point. If I want to increase my risk of injuries or death due to an accident, that's my freedom to do so. I shouldn't be reprimanded for not trying to keep myself safe. It's not like I'm going to hurt others by not wearing my seatbelt.
And if your body goes through the windshield and ends up in pieces, what about the Emergency crew who have to pick up your body parts, any witnesses to your death, etc., what about then? Not to mention the extra costs to the Municipality for the cleanup, in addition to any emotional damage to everyone on the scene.So no, you wouldn't be hurting anybody. :rollseyes:

Any version of a Loud Eater

So many things bother me about the way some people eat. Chewing with the mouth open and making that loud "smacking noise". The "MMMMMMM" after every bite. The loud gulping swallow of liquids. There are many more... but those are the top three. Every person in my office does one (or more) of these.

It's gotten to the point that I avoid eating situations with them.
My Father-in-law chews, talks and laughs with his mouth open, often with bits of food flying out of his mouth.He's normally so proper about his behaviour, that him doing this really took me by surprise when I first witnessed it. Plus it's so disgusting.

Employees at oil change places trying to charge me $3.99/qt for antifreeze when I've got 2 gallons at home.

Smoke from the oven setting off smoke detectors while I'm broiling a steak

Windshield wipers that miss a large swath directly in my line of sight

And last but certainly not least: billboards, print ads, newspapers, anything official that uses 's to denote a plural. God that bugs me to no end!

3) Suck ups

5) The Eagles (McNabb)
Por que?
I think it's pourquoi...but whatever.Mcnabb...

1) He plays for the Eagles

2) His passive aggressive BS

3) The moon walk

4) His "next question" schtick

5) Cheesy grin all the time

6) You don't know about overtime....really?

7) Barfing in the SuperBowl and then denying it

8) The media love he gets

9) The sideline dance he did a few weeks back when he caught a pass from the opposing team (Acted like a fool).

10) Picking up the phone against the Giants

1. People holding up traffic in the Passing Lane.2. Cyclists & Motorists who can't figure out how to be be courteous to one another & share the road. I'm a cyclist and a motorist. There's plenty of blame to go around to both sides.3. Critical Mass. They do not represent cyclists.4. People who list everything that was ever any good on every "Best Ever" list.
adding:5. Idiots with car "sound systems" playing so loud and with so much bass that it rattles every piece of trim to the point that it sounds like the car is going to fall apart. The music is completely distorted and it makes the car seem like a total pos. In what world is this cool?

Drivers who are so incompetent that they have to drive 5 or more MPH below the speed limit to ensure they don't get a ticket. Seriously, if you don't have the driving skills to maintain the speed limit +/- 2 MPH, do everyone a favor and just park your car... permanently. And stay the f&^% out of the left lane.

And if your body goes through the windshield and ends up in pieces, what about the Emergency crew who have to pick up your body parts, any witnesses to your death, etc., what about then? Not to mention the extra costs to the Municipality for the cleanup, in addition to any emotional damage to everyone on the scene.So no, you wouldn't be hurting anybody. :rollseyes:
The same could be said of all of the deer causing accidents in USA (and all of the blood and vultures picking at deer carcasses and blood stains in the road) which I would say are many, many more than accidents where someone wasn't wearing a seatbelt and flew threw a windshield. That's life, though. Life isn't all rainbows and sugar cookies. There's some blood in life. Deal with it. And if costs are your concern, what about all of the costs associated with administering such a stupid program? Everyone from the officers writing the tickets to the staff who process them......get rid of it and you'll save some costs right there.

- Drivers who don't signal.

- Drivers who tailgate.

- Loud Bass in cars. Bass is cheap. So these guys overload their cars with bass and pretend it's a kickin setup.

- Spoilers on not-fast cars. We all know your car goes zero-60 in 12 seconds and you don't need a spoiler to keep you on the road.

People who drive around with a foot of snow on the roof of their car - take a broom and push it off you lazy douches, it takes five seconds.

The same could be said of all of the deer causing accidents in USA (and all of the blood and vultures picking at deer carcasses and blood stains in the road) which I would say are many, many more than accidents where someone wasn't wearing a seatbelt and flew threw a windshield. That's life, though. Life isn't all rainbows and sugar cookies. There's some blood in life. Deal with it.
I'm pretty sure it's about 1,000,000 times more disturbing to be picking up human body parts than cleaning up roadkill.
And if costs are your concern, what about all of the costs associated with administering such a stupid program? Everyone from the officers writing the tickets to the staff who process them......get rid of it and you'll save some costs right there.
What part of the police writing tickets and generating don't you get?That's just a totally ridiculous post all around.

Some of these were already mentioned but here are a few of my annoyances:

1. People that stay driving in the left lane (and not at a passing speed) while on the highway.

2. Drivers that don't use turn signals before coming to a complete stop and turning (changing lanes while driving w/o using a blinker doesn't bother me though)

3. People that are constantly late for stuff (we devoted a thread to this very subject a few weeks ago)

4. People that use checkbooks in grocery stores. It seems like everytime I go there lately I get stuck behind the person that needs to write a check. Just use a debit card -- the money comes out of the same place and is much easier/quicker. At the very least, they can have the checkbook out and at least have everything written out except the amount when they get to the cashier.

Polaroid Grandparents. You know the type, they come around about once every couple of months and snap 400 pictures. Then they put every single picture on display so people will assume they actually give two ####s about the kids.

4. People that use checkbooks in grocery stores. It seems like everytime I go there lately I get stuck behind the person that needs to write a check. Just use a debit card -- the money comes out of the same place and is much easier/quicker. At the very least, they can have the checkbook out and at least have everything written out except the amount when they get to the cashier.
I think I've seen one person in the past year write a check at my brocery store. It was an old lady. Thank god she restored my faith in the idiocy of people that still write checks by not having a single thing filled out on the check before the cashier gave her a total. I've always loved being behind those people. "You're total is $34.00 ma'am." "Thank you sweetie." Date... payee... number... long handed total... sign... write total in check register... give Loke dirty look when he goes all MoP on me...

1. Getting a ticket for not wearing my seatbelt. I do wear it all of the time regardless but that's not the point. If I want to increase my risk of injuries or death due to an accident, that's my freedom to do so. I shouldn't be reprimanded for not trying to keep myself safe. It's not like I'm going to hurt others by not wearing my seatbelt.2. Motorcycles. First, the loud ones. I'm trying to sleep and if I'm not asleep, it's still annoying not being able to hear myself think with those loud vehicles from hell. You old Harley drivers like to talk smack about the youngin's and their systems but your stupid bikes are even louder. Get a sound deadening muffler for that ####, ****. Now, the quick crotch rockets. It's still a vehicle and you still should obey the speed limit. Don't cry to me when your brother gets decapitated because he was doing 90 mph and someone pulled out in front of him due to not seeing him. Gee, maybe if he was going a little slower (and had more steel around him but that's another story...) he would have avoided the accident.3. (placeholder)What annoys you?
So what's your beef with placeholders? I've always thought they were useful.

The same could be said of all of the deer causing accidents in USA (and all of the blood and vultures picking at deer carcasses and blood stains in the road) which I would say are many, many more than accidents where someone wasn't wearing a seatbelt and flew threw a windshield. That's life, though. Life isn't all rainbows and sugar cookies. There's some blood in life. Deal with it.
I'm pretty sure it's about 1,000,000 times more disturbing to be picking up human body parts than cleaning up roadkill.Maybe, but that's their job. Get another job if you can't handle picking up dead people pieces. Our personal freedoms shouldn't be sacrificed because of a govt. worker not being able to handle the responsibilities of their job.

And if costs are your concern, what about all of the costs associated with administering such a stupid program? Everyone from the officers writing the tickets to the staff who process them......get rid of it and you'll save some costs right there.
What part of the police writing tickets and generating don't you get?I'm sure the police could be put to better use somewhere else....maybe patrolling areas frequented by drug dealers.

That's just a totally ridiculous post all around.
Forget it.....we're not getting anywhere with this one.

People who drive around with a foot of snow on the roof of their car - take a broom and push it off you lazy douches, it takes five seconds.
I completely agree with this one. It would be cool to see a website where people could send in pics of cars with the roof not swept off and the 1'x1' square that they cleared off of their front and back window. It doesn't snow here much anymore but I do get annoyed when I see that.

Polaroid Grandparents. You know the type, they come around about once every couple of months and snap 400 pictures. Then they put every single picture on display so people will assume they actually give two ####s about the kids.
Every couple months?If my parents or my PIL's came by every couple months, I'd tell them they were obsessed, and ask them to knock it the hell off and give us some peace for a while.

I completely agree with this one. It would be cool to see a website where people could send in pics of cars with the roof not swept off and the 1'x1' square that they cleared off of their front and back window.

It doesn't snow here much anymore but I do get annoyed when I see that.
yeah a cool website for babies

I'm adding (to an already good list above):

People who walk really slow in front of me.

People who brag about how much $ they spent on every purchase.

Every couple months?If my parents or my PIL's came by every couple months, I'd tell them they were obsessed, and ask them to knock it the hell off and give us some peace for a while.
I think it is more the hypocrisy of the whole thing that bugs me.

Users who are viewing this thread