What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What kind of beer is everyone drinking tonight? (4 Viewers)

Alpha King and a lonely New Belgium Citradelic as I hunt for the lowest ABV beers in my fridge LOL. Chicken was stellar, too -- if you've never smoke-roasted a chicken or bone-in parts, do yourself a favor and try it. Seriously the best ever way to cook chicken -- and it isn't remotely close.
Totally agree on the chicken, need to brine them for ~24 hours first though. Smoke at high heat and it's awesome.

I went on a fishing trip will my wife was in Boston working.  I enjoyed beers from Heist, Wooden Robot, Ithaca brewing, NoDa, Bells and Full Point brewing.  Growlers, Crowlers, Cans and bottles just fantastic beers all around.  My wife returned with DDH Summer Ale, Melcher St and Maine Beer Peeper Ale for me.  :wub:

Couple of $8 34 oz. drafts of Zombie Dust at our local wing joint over dinner. Debating on a bomber of Disciple's Revenge now that we're home.

Pretty much running almost the entire gauntlet of 18th Street DIPAs today: Rise of the Angels, Overlord's Revenge, Disciple's Revenge, Villain, and Cone Crusher. All that is missing is Undercrown and Sinister. Mmmmm... hops.

Pretty much running almost the entire gauntlet of 18th Street DIPAs today: Rise of the Angels, Overlord's Revenge, Disciple's Revenge, Villain, and Cone Crusher. All that is missing is Undercrown and Sinister. Mmmmm... hops.
Having another Villain as I type! After a couple of Mosaic Heroes (meh) and Fresh IIPA v4 (awesome).

Love that beer too -- and Jade and Deal for their APAs. Actually, given the choice I'll buy $11 sixers of their APAs all day over bombers of DIPA...
11 dollar sixers :lmao: :lmao: 13 each here, but it's better than 22 per. It's nice to be able to get them out here though, was told that they are the only place to get their beer in Chicagoland. These guys have known Drew before he was at PW, pretty interesting.

11 dollar sixers :lmao: :lmao: 13 each here, but it's better than 22 per. It's nice to be able to get them out here though, was told that they are the only place to get their beer in Chicagoland. These guys have known Drew before he was at PW, pretty interesting.
$22 for 4, don't underplay the gouging.  :lmao:  Although I will say that Grapefruit Dead was indeed a spectacular world-class beer. Not that I'd ever buy it unless I find it on draft again.

$22 for 4, don't underplay the gouging.  :lmao:  Although I will say that Grapefruit Dead was indeed a spectacular world-class beer. Not that I'd ever buy it unless I find it on draft again.
I meant 22 per sixer, that's what grapefruit was right? He does 12oz and 22oz not 16oz right?

I meant 22 per sixer, that's what grapefruit was right? He does 12oz and 22oz not 16oz right?
It was actually $22 / 4 pack. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:  I tried it at $5 for a 16 oz. draft at Stacks (Valpo restaurant). BTW, if you're ever in Valpo for dinner, go to Stacks (worth the hour+ wait) -- food is outstanding and the beer list pushes 500...

It was actually $22 / 4 pack. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:  I tried it at $5 for a 16 oz. draft at Stacks (Valpo restaurant). BTW, if you're ever in Valpo for dinner, go to Stacks (worth the hour+ wait) -- food is outstanding and the beer list pushes 500...
Like a 4 pack of 12oz cans?!?!?! JFC. And I'll keep that in mind but the only time I am ever in Indiana is when we go to the Indy swim meet and that's about it.

Like a 4 pack of 12oz cans?!?!?! JFC. And I'll keep that in mind but the only time I am ever in Indiana is when we go to the Indy swim meet and that's about it.
Indeed. I am a HUGE 18th Street fan-boi -- and I bought zero of it except on tap and that was totally random. It seems to have sunk in, though. I've seen nothing over &14 / six since that release sat, and sat, and sat. We will see...

At Brewpub Wicks tonight. Started out on their Best Bitter, when that ran out they put their Golden Ale on.

Supposedly they have a new creation with Lemon Drop hitting the bar Tuesday or Wednesday

Indeed. I am a HUGE 18th Street fan-boi -- and I bought zero of it except on tap and that was totally random. It seems to have sunk in, though. I've seen nothing over &14 / six since that release sat, and sat, and sat. We will see...
Apparently the guys that own the bottle shop I go to that have known him before his PW days have busted his balls about his pricing. Seems that has set in and now the most expensive six pack I have seen is 12 bucks.

At Brewpub Wicks tonight. Started out on their Best Bitter, when that ran out they put their Golden Ale on.

Supposedly they have a new creation with Lemon Drop hitting the bar Tuesday or Wednesday
Not a fan of Lemon Drop hops, or at least what Deschutes did with it. :X

Hawks64 said:
Apparently the guys that own the bottle shop I go to that have known him before his PW days have busted his balls about his pricing. Seems that has set in and now the most expensive six pack I have seen is 12 bucks.
Thank them for me LOL. I actually don't really even mind paying $13 - $14 / six for a great high ABV DIPA, personally.

Don't feel bad. Nobody goes to Indiana on purpose unless they are going to Michigan (or 18th $treet or FFF). Jk. 

Looks like the prices are back to reasonable. That's good news. Thinking a run to the border will happen soon. 

Two Hearted 

Maine Lunch

Was going to play infection roulette with a 2015 BCBS but not sure yet. Might stick with hops myself. 

Also need to grab a Fresh v4. We have limited options on the dirty south side though so it will take some travel time. 

Two Hearted 

Maine Lunch

Was going to play infection roulette with a 2015 BCBS but not sure yet. Might stick with hops myself. 

Also need to grab a Fresh v4. We have limited options on the dirty south side though so it will take some travel time. 
v4 is worth it IMO.

More Western Sunrise as I smoke a batch of pork steaks. This batch is super floral and citrusy -- really, really good. They need to can or bottle this beer to reach a wider audience, it might be their best.

4 Hands Dakine Tropical IPA with Honey Pineapple and Zest, pretty tasty!

Has our GB @Wingnut been around lately? Hopefully you stay safe when Matthew hits GB!

Great American Beer Festival week is here!  The best week of beer drinking in the world.  Wahoo!  

I'm going to four beer festivals over the next five days including What the Funk?!? tonight, GABF Opening Night on Thursday, Denver Rare Beer on Friday, and GABF Members Only session on Saturday.  Huge thanks to the @TheAristocrat for hooking me up with some tickets to the GABF Members Only session!

Here is a link to my personal GABF calendar of top events going on in Denver this week.

I had a nice weekend of beer drinking the other weekend in Chicago.  My favorite place was Local Option, which had the best tap list that I saw in town.  I also went to Hopleaf, Green Lady, the Publican, Bar on Buena, Fountainhead, Dryhop Brewers, and Whiskey Business.  I found some 23 Year Old Pappy Van Winkle at Bar on Buena and had a nice pour of that, which I proceeded to spill all over the bar when I accidentally knocked my Founders Breakfast Stout over (while sober).  I lapped it up like a dog off the bartop and snorted as much as I could of the Pappy.   I figured it would probably be my only opportunity to snort Pappy, and I couldn't let those 23 years go to waste.  The combination of Pappy and Founders Breakfast Stout off the bartop was actually quite lovely.  I think the bartender pitied the depths of my depravity, so he ended up giving me another pour of Pappy for free.  I've always loved Bar on Buena.  

Hawks64 said:
4 Hands Dakine Tropical IPA with Honey Pineapple and Zest, pretty tasty!

Has our GB @Wingnut been around lately? Hopefully you stay safe when Matthew hits GB!
been a few millenia since we've had a tropical storm up here, i reckon. that said i'll do my best!

Buckfast 1 said:
Great American Beer Festival week is here!  The best week of beer drinking in the world.  Wahoo!  

I'm going to four beer festivals over the next five days including What the Funk?!? tonight, GABF Opening Night on Thursday, Denver Rare Beer on Friday, and GABF Members Only session on Saturday.  Huge thanks to the @TheAristocrat for hooking me up with some tickets to the GABF Members Only session!

Here is a link to my personal GABF calendar of top events going on in Denver this week.

Even tough you ghosted me when you were in SD, I'd be down for some beers in Denver.  Reppin' two breweries this year....

ETA: What's up with that Saturday Bottlefest at First Draft?

Last edited by a moderator:
Even tough you ghosted me when you were in SD, I'd be down for some beers in Denver.  Reppin' two breweries this year....

ETA: What's up with that Saturday Bottlefest at First Draft?
Haha.  We barely missed each other at the Pizza Port OB anniversary party.  We should definitely grab some beers in Denver this week.

I haven't been to the Bottlefest event at First Draft before, but it sounds pretty legit.  Tickets are only $10, and you get a certain number of tokens to use for pours of rare beers.  They are apparently going to have bottles from Cantillon, Drie Fonteinen, Hill Farmstead, Jester King, Casey, Tilquin, Lawson's, and more.  You can buy tickets for a particular time slot at this link:

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/bottlefest-2016-sponsored-by-tavour-tickets-27687326539

The What the Funk!? festival was great last night.  It's hosted by Crooked Stave's distribution company and features a great selection of rare sour and barrel-aged beers.  They got a lot of criticism last year for overselling the event and for beers running out quickly, but they did a great job addressing those issues, as it wasn't too crowded and nearly all of the beers poured all night. Here were some of my standouts:

Ale Apothecary Minotaur dark sour aged in bourbon and cabernet barrels with blackberries 

Allagash Avancè sour ale aged in bourbon barrels with strawberries 

Cantillon Kriek

Casey Apricot Casey Family Preserves saison aged in oak barrels with apricots 

Fonta Flora Carolina Custard wild ale with paw paw fruit

Fremont Rusty Nail bourbon barrel-aged imperial stout with cinnamon, licorice, and smoked barley

Jester King Montmorency v. Balaton barrel-aged sour with cherries

Powder Keg Fruitful Union golden sour with peaches and raspberries

Prairie Pirate Paradise imperial stout aged in rum barrels with toasted coconut and vanilla

Rare Barrel Map of the Moon golden sour aged in oak barrels with apricots 

Rare Barrel Afterlight dark sour aged in Bordeaux wine barrels 

Surly Barrel Aged Darkness imperial stout aged in bourbon barrels 

The What the Funk!? festival was great last night.  It's hosted by Crooked Stave's distribution company and features a great selection of rare sour and barrel-aged beers.  They got a lot of criticism last year for overselling the event and for beers running out quickly, but they did a great job addressing those issues, as it wasn't too crowded and nearly all of the beers poured all night. Here were some of my standouts:

Ale Apothecary Minotaur dark sour aged in bourbon and cabernet barrels with blackberries 

Allagash Avancè sour ale aged in bourbon barrels with strawberries 

Cantillon Kriek

Casey Apricot Casey Family Preserves saison aged in oak barrels with apricots 

Fonta Flora Carolina Custard wild ale with paw paw fruit

Fremont Rusty Nail bourbon barrel-aged imperial stout with cinnamon, licorice, and smoked barley

Jester King Montmorency v. Balaton barrel-aged sour with cherries

Powder Keg Fruitful Union golden sour with peaches and raspberries

Prairie Pirate Paradise imperial stout aged in rum barrels with toasted coconut and vanilla

Rare Barrel Map of the Moon golden sour aged in oak barrels with apricots 

Rare Barrel Afterlight dark sour aged in Bordeaux wine barrels 

Surly Barrel Aged Darkness imperial stout aged in bourbon barrels 
Ridiculous list of greatness. So jealous.

I ran out over lunch to restock on Villain, Rise of the Angels, and Overlord's Revenge.

Users who are viewing this thread