What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What kind of beer is everyone drinking tonight? (10 Viewers)

Also...all I have to say is: I hope you like hops. All but one beer in the box is hop forward. The only thing better than unboxing a trade is actually drinking the beer...but its almost a toss up!
The more hops the better, can never have too many hops!

Enjoying...and I mean thoroughly enjoying...my first ever Pliny the Elder. Yeah, its pretty good. ;)

Eta: could this be any smoother? Wow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty nice tasting today. Some highlights:

- Wicked Weed BA French Toast Stout (fantastic BA)

- Fremont Triple Trifecta (excellent Triple IPA)

- Rapp Gose (courtesy of Wingnut, good)

- Westbrook Weiss Weiss Baby (ok, nice Berliner)

- Cycle Crank (courtesy of Wingnut, love this beer)

- Three Palms Galaxy Rye'd (courtesy of Wingnut, this beer tastes like yayo. Really interesting)

- Firestone Walker XVII

- Breakside IPA

- Thomas Hardy's Ale 1989 (wow that's old)

- Sam Adams Utopias 2009 (really good. Reminded me of good tawny port. Very cool to try and would def try again)

Few others mixed in, cheers

Pretty nice tasting today. Some highlights:

- Wicked Weed BA French Toast Stout (fantastic BA)

- Fremont Triple Trifecta (excellent Triple IPA)

- Rapp Gose (courtesy of Wingnut, good)

- Westbrook Weiss Weiss Baby (ok, nice Berliner)

- Cycle Crank (courtesy of Wingnut, love this beer)

- Three Palms Galaxy Rye'd (courtesy of Wingnut, this beer tastes like yayo. Really interesting)

- Firestone Walker XVII

- Breakside IPA

- Thomas Hardy's Ale 1989 (wow that's old)

- Sam Adams Utopias 2009 (really good. Reminded me of good tawny port. Very cool to try and would def try again)

Few others mixed in, cheers
Lol that Galaxy Rye'd is interesting...but much better straight out of the tap, it loses something in the Crowlers I think. I'm having a Wicked Weed Lusus Naturae, a DIPA brewed w/brett and wet hops (cascade). This is one interesting beer. The label says drink fresh for hoppy goodness, or lay it down to bring out the funk. Might have to try to get another to cellar for a bit.

Its really good, ridiculous drinkability for an 8.4% beer...bright, hoppy, citrusy, a little bit funky...I've never had a Brett beer that was this hop forward. Thanks man!

So much for no beer tonight...its my last night off til next Friday, so I had a few.

Just finishing a NoDa Hop Cakes after having a Pliny. Both excellent.

Woah...just cracked a 750ml of Pisgah's Oak Aged Pale Ale from palmersteel... This is the first beer I've had from this brewery...I really like it, its more like a sour than a Pale Ale IMO, which isnt a bad thing because I love sours. Not sure how this can be called a Pale Ale, but I'd buy this of I could...perfect for a warm Florida night. Not a whole lot of oakiness, especially since I'm used to White Oak Jai Alai, but I'm a fan of this one.

Nice pick, palmer, this ones right up my ally.

:thumbup:

The UPS guy brought me these today..I am SO gonna drink 2 of em tonight, been wanting to try this beer for a looong time.

http://i.imgur.com/3TGYsFL.jpg

:pickle: :banned:
I ran out of these tonight.....will be driving up to Russian river tomorrow for some lunch and to re load....very nice only being 30minutes from the brewery.
Living close to great breweries rules. I'm 35 min from Cigar City and within an hour of no less than 3 other great ones as well as 4 or 5 newer or up-and-comers...it also sucks because I can't help but spend money at all of em. Lol

Great trio of big beers tonight;

Firestone Walker Sucaba

Avery Uncle Jacob's Stout

Alaskan Hopothermia imperial IPA

Tried a sweetwater happy ending stout. Not a fan.

### clown dark choc and sea salt stout...mutsa, mutsa.

Onto the old yeti stand by,..

Courtesy of Wingnut yesterday

NoDa Hop Cakes - Excellent, was a bit leery since it's got maple syrup but I really liked it

Coppertail Free Dive - Excellent loved how much citrus was in this one.

Funky Budha Hop Gun - Very good, not as much citrus as the Free Dive

Will break into the Crank tonight or tomorrow most likely....can't wait!

Courtesy of Wingnut yesterday

NoDa Hop Cakes - Excellent, was a bit leery since it's got maple syrup but I really liked it

Coppertail Free Dive - Excellent loved how much citrus was in this one.

Funky Budha Hop Gun - Very good, not as much citrus as the Free Dive

Will break into the Crank tonight or tomorrow most likely....can't wait!
You've got more will power than me...I always drink the one I anticipated the most first.Free Dive is barely known around here, but not for long, IMO.

The Hop Gun was something I came across that I had never seen in bottles so I had to try...I think its good but nothing special...needs more hops IMO.

Hop Cakes is pretty much Hop Drop & Roll on steroids. Similar flavor...I was surprised how little the maple comes through, but dangerously drinkable at 10+% ABV.

I'm fresh out of Crank at the moment, and won't get to Cycle til next Monday...withdrawals imminent. On the plus side, just got a box of 8 Westbrook Gose, I can't get enough of that beer lately...especially since temps are back in the 80s here. :P

Fresh surly abrasive

:wub:
Getting knocked on my ### from a horrific cold so my 4 pack is in the fridge untouched along with some excellent beer from Florida.
That suuuuucks. You definitely dont wanna drink those beers while sick.What's left? Crank, Last Snow...anything else? Those are the best 2 of the bunch IMO.
Yeah it does GB. I have Crank and Last Snow and I think one each of the Jai Alais left....plus the Surly I have is calling me as well. :kicksrock:

NoDa Hop Cakes

Now a Wicked Weed Oblivion (sour red ale aged in wine barrels with blackberries and dates).

Man, the WW beers I'm revisiting...Im liking em much better this time. I liked all of em the first time I had em, but I'm really loving them now. If you like sours, you'll love Wicked Weed. If you don't like sours, you'll love their Freak of Nature DIPA. If you haven't had any WW beers, I recommend trading for some.

Thanks again, palmersteel...great box-o-beers! Also...did you drink the homebrew? Was it carbonated? If so, what did you think? Keep in mind it was maybe my 3rd batch ever, extract brewing, and my first original recipe. I don't expect a glowing review, if it was drinkable, I see that as a win. Lol

Users who are viewing this thread