What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What kind of beer is everyone drinking tonight? (4 Viewers)

Just made a run over lunch to restock:

Prairie Somewhere, Prairie Gold, Prairie Phantasmagoria x4, Prairie BOMB!, 18th Street Jade x6, Orval x2, Weihenstephaner Vitus x2, Dark Horse Plead the 5th x2, Bruery Tonnellerie Rue, Bruery Mash 2015

Had a GreenBush Rage tonight, with 3 more in the fridge. It's a huge beer at 14.6% black Imperial IPA. Tastes nothing like an IPA. At all. It's more like a ******* child of a BA stout and a Barleywine without the sweetness or hops, exceptionally boozy. It was bitter but very odd. I will not be having another, maybe try it after it ages for another year or so, but at that point any IPA character will be gone.
I love Greenbush, live 5 min away from the brewery.  They are going to venture into distilling.  They also bought out Fitzgeralds next door and will make that a diner.  If you are ever in the Sawyer area, shoot me a PM.  Its amazing how many brewpubs there are in SW Mich now.   Haymarket will open up here in July also.

Stone 2013 IRS. Awesome. I was expecting a weak porter type beer for some reason. Nope. Fantastic.  Great work, Stone. 

Thumper IPA, which I received from being the Manager on my kids HOCKEY team (sorry Sebowski).  Pretty run of the mill stuff.  Nothing special.

Fantasy_Freak said:
Bells This One Goes to Eleven. Without a hockey game on.  Wanting a hockey game but nothing on at 1 a.m. (Good Sebowski)?
grrrrrrrrrrr. I'm not going to give hockey one second of my attention next year until the playoffs start. Just isn't worth it as a Caps fan.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't know if I'd say Prairie is the best brewery in the world (although if not, they're certainly in the conversation), but as far as aligning with my palette, they're #1 right now.  Don't think I've had a beer that they brew that is less than outstanding.

Green Bench Lot 2, a sour stout with lacto, aged in bourbon barrels with blueberries and blackberries, paired with a killer grilled ribeye topped with bleu cheese. Great pairing, the sourness and fruit in the stout cut through the richness of the steak & bleu and adds some welcome acidity.

Proof: http://i.imgur.com/reTj3qa.jpg

My anniversary trip to Boston and Maine happily turned into a beercation.  Drank some incredible beers and no surprise that Trillium(thanks WIngnut) and Maine Beer were at the top of the list.  Stoneface IPA is also delicious.  Stopped in Portsmouth and visited Earth Eagle nano-brewery and had some gruits(sours made with out hops) and several other interesting beers.  Already making plans to go back next year for our 20th as we only scratched the surface and didn't get to Tree House or Alchemy.

Also brought a suitcase of IPA's back from:

Great North
Mayflower
Newburyport
Sebago
Trillium
Maine

My anniversary trip to Boston and Maine happily turned into a beercation.  Drank some incredible beers and no surprise that Trillium(thanks WIngnut) and Maine Beer were at the top of the list.  Stoneface IPA is also delicious.  Stopped in Portsmouth and visited Earth Eagle nano-brewery and had some gruits(sours made with out hops) and several other interesting beers.  Already making plans to go back next year for our 20th as we only scratched the surface and didn't get to Tree House or Alchemy.

Also brought a suitcase of IPA's back from:

Great North
Mayflower
Newburyport
Sebago
Trillium
Maine
I'm heading to Boston in July for a week -- can't wait!  Planning on a side trip to Vermont while we're there.  Tree House, Trillium, Hill Farmstead, and The Alchemist on the short list.

And grabbed sixers of Jade and Candy Crushable from 18th Street and Short's Huma-Lupa-Licious and two bombers of Space Cake for this weekend's hockey games.

Workin on a Space Cake.  Crushable is on deck -- I'll report back.  They also have Rise of the Angels at the brewery right now -- fantastic if you're a grapefruit IPA fan.

Where is Stillwater brewery located?

Why I am I having a totally awesome draft gypsey collaboration out of Blaltimore from Stillwater then?

Any ideas?

Crushable is a very apt name.  Very solid and balanced.  Definitely getting the Simcoe, but it's restrained and there's a good malt presence as well.  Smooth.  Another beer from 18th Street that'll be welcome in my fridge.

Trillium DDH Melcher Street. I need an I.V. of this beer, cant get enough.

Workin on a Space Cake.  Crushable is on deck -- I'll report back.  They also have Rise of the Angels at the brewery right now -- fantastic if you're a grapefruit IPA fan.
Might have to go there for some Jade and Rise of the Angels tomorrow. They had something else I was interested in too, another IIPA. 

Jade.  So good.

And getting ready to fire up the grill for some dry-aged prime ribeyes from Whole Foods and some fresh asparagus from the farmer's market this morning.  Also grabbed some morels and wild ramps to sauté.  Nom nom nom...

Timed dinner perfectly -- buzz diminished, now settling in for the long haul.  Weihenstephaner Vitus goin down nicely.  Hopefully I'll be less full after this one.  :thumbup:

A growler of Half Acre Galactic Double Daisy Cutter went down waaaaayyyy to easy. This was every bit worth the hour plus wait on Friday. Half Acre knocked it out of the park. Have some Pipeline 5 (pale) and Kota (White IPA) to knock out this weekend too!

Users who are viewing this thread