What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What song are you listening to right now? (1 Viewer)

Troggs - Summertime

"Summertime"

I like the summertime when the girls wear their dresses so low
You can see the sun on their t-t-t-t-t-t tan skin
I like the summertime when the girls wear their dresses so high
You can see the sun on their f-f-f-f-f-f faces
Well it's oh so good, it's oh so fine in the summertime

I like the discotheque when the music get heavy and the girls get hot
And the suntanned bodies start sh-sh-sh-sh shaking
I like the slow ride home when the girl sat beside me but she's so tired
that she can't stop me from f-f-f-f-f feelin'
Well it's oh so good, it's oh so fine in the summertime​

Rolling Stones - Let it Bleed.

Not sure how one album gets 3 of the greatest songs of all time, but it did.
An interesting sidebar is that even though it contains several iconic songs, none were released as singles in either the U.S. or the U.K.

Honkey Tonk Woman backed with You Can't Always Get What You Want was released as single in the US, would qualify as iconic songs IMO.

It is true that neither Gimme Shelter ot Midnight Rambler saw a single release (although got tons of FM airplay).

Joy Zipper - 1

How did I miss this? Seriously? It was apparently used in a Cigna commercial (but I didn't see that either).

Someone on the Twitters called it "the perfect pop song" and I don't think that is hyperbole.

Cheating... but I really enjoyed listening to the Fluxblog 1991 playlist on Spotify yesterday. I'll hit 1992 tomorrow.

3 AM by the Yawpers.

Damn. I just went through a divorce after a long marriage. If I could have written a song that captures my emotions these past few months, this would be it.
sorry to hear it brohan take that to the bank

I ran across this layered power pop, fuzz pop gem when it came out in 2020 and just rediscovered it.

Dead Stars - Dreams Don't Come True (2020)

It’s just a gap, blind spot, what have you. Their only album I’m familiar with to any extent is Siren.

When I first quoted you, I used the term "blind spot" but thought that was too pejorative a usage. Binky was surprised I hadn't listened to Roxy Music either. Speaking of blind spots, I recently found out that the The Saints were a punk rock blind spot of mine over at the Steve Hoffman forums. I'm sort of a newbie, so i was in the punk rock threads and listed a bunch of albums that had songs that made my countdown over here. I had a Saints song, but confessed to not really having heard any of the albums. It was interesting to hear the responses and think about things that we once missed for some reason.

In not-so-related news, I'm listening to

Little Girl In Bloom - Thin Lizzy right now. Love that song. Such feeling and poetry behind it.

That and Wamp Wamp (What It Do) by Clipse ft. Slim Thug

The first Roxy Music album, Been meaning to check it out for years.

If There Is Something is incredible.

Roxy Music - Angel Eyes (1979)

Original LP track, not the later re-recorded lame disco version. This track has more punch with a raw Manzanera guitar.

From my favorite Russians - Leonid and Friends covering Stormbringer by Deep Purple

https://youtu.be/9nv145Y_-lc

Covering Vehicle by Idea of March

https://youtu.be/fX8g_JEJol8

But wait there's more! With a letter perfect cover of Steely Dan's My Old School (they even got the Jeff "Skunk" Baxter guitar parts right).

Leonid & Friends - My Old School (2021)

From my favorite Russians - Leonid and Friends covering Stormbringer by Deep Purple

https://youtu.be/9nv145Y_-lc

Covering Vehicle by Idea of March

https://youtu.be/fX8g_JEJol8

But wait there's more! With a letter perfect cover of Steely Dan's My Old School (they even got the Jeff "Skunk" Baxter guitar parts right).

Leonid & Friends - My Old School (2021)

Pretty interesting group as they have members from Kiev and Russia.

I’m not a big Chicago fan, but they nail Old Days also.

That surprises me. Not that I'm a Roxy Music aficionado. You just seem like a retro seventies king. @Binky The Doormat got me to listen to them recently. Good stuff.
Tonight I listened to the second Roxy album, For Your Pleasure, for the first time.

This song doesn't seem to get much mention but it scratches my itch: The Bogus Man

That surprises me. Not that I'm a Roxy Music aficionado. You just seem like a retro seventies king. @Binky The Doormat got me to listen to them recently. Good stuff.
Tonight I listened to the second Roxy album, For Your Pleasure, for the first time.

This song doesn't seem to get much mention but it scratches my itch: The Bogus Man

Cool. It didn't do it for me for about two minutes in, so my attention span sort of negged it. Probably because I'm not in an abstract mood. I'll have to revisit Roxy Music, though.

Martin Gore - Compulsion

Love this song!

The LP was called "Counterfeit" because it was all cover songs or songs not written by Martin Gore (I assume because he didn't want to be accused of saving the best Depeche Mode material for his own LP).

I started the day with Alexa playing the Carpenters, my favorite female singing voice. I worked out this morning and needed some motivation and called on Slayer - Reign in Blood. The vocals are not for everyone but the guitar work adds a tremendous amount of melody. I’m always amazed at how heavy but how melodic the guitars are on this album. Brilliance.

I’m always amazed at how heavy but how melodic the guitars are on this album.

Slayer is probably the heaviest melodic band I can think of. Reign In Blood probably isn't nearly as melodic as South Of Heaven and Seasons In The Abyss, but you can see the seeds of it. I love Tom Araya's voice. Perfect for metal.

I have Slayer, despite my reservations about their worldview, as at least a top ten all-time metal band, and my favorite thrash metal act this side of Suicidal Tendencies, who were also masters of melodic, crunching guitars.

Leon Russell & Marc Benno - Tryin' To Stay 'Live (1971)

From LP Asylum Choir II

Leon Russell could Rock And Roll with the best of them when he wanted to. If only if he had continued in this direction.

Last edited:
Bob Mould - Next Generation

Users who are viewing this thread