What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What to do with the Texans WR group (2 Viewers)

footballpanda

Footballguy
They can’t sustain 3 WRs but it looks like a profitable group for fantasy. Who is the odd man out? Is this going to turn into a weekly gamble for the flavor of the week?

Nico Collins 3rd round pick in 2021. 6’4” no combine 40 but 4.45 at pro day. 15 catches 260 yards 1 TD.
Tank Dell 3rd round pick in 2023. 5’8” ran 4.49 at combine. 15 catches 251 yards 2 TD.
Robert Woods age 31, 6’0”. 15 catches 165 yards no TD.

They can’t sustain 3 WRs but it looks like a profitable group for fantasy. Who is the odd man out? Is this going to turn into a weekly gamble for the flavor of the week?

Nico Collins 3rd round pick in 2021. 6’4” no combine 40 but 4.45 at pro day. 15 catches 260 yards 1 TD.
Tank Dell 3rd round pick in 2023. 5’8” ran 4.49 at combine. 15 catches 251 yards 2 TD.
If I am rostering them, it has to be in that order whether it be redraft or dynasty. Looks like a special team!

Why not?

They throw a ton and it looks like the TE isn't involved.

I have no idea but have 3 teams and traded for Collins in one and grabbed Dell in the other 2. Surprisingly (to me at least) they are putting up nice stats so I’m buying ownership where I can.

Both former Rams that the Titans had are fine veterans on Detroit and Houston. They were never capable of being "the man" and somehow get overstated often. They're good, they're fine.
The Texans are figuring that out. That's all.

Woods will get a few catches on third downs and as the young WRs improve he'll get less

Think Nico and Tank are full-time good plays on this style of offense. 3 to 4 WRs at all times with a crappy tight end who is just a chain mover. Feels like Sutton and Jeudy- tall guy vs. shifty guy. Think Nico will kill it in Man coverages (like Pittsburgh next week- blowup game). Tank will kill it in Zone.

Any hope for Metchie or is he buried now?
Metchie had something like 18 months away from football I believe. He's really trying to get back into playing shape and it may take him awhile to regain his previous form. For now he's far behind those three.
Yeah - both knee and leukemia, IIRC. I'm holding in dynasty and not thinking short-term. Ourlads has him behind Woods as the slot WR and he's 31 so at least he's not blocked by Nico & Tank on the outside.

ROS I would rank them Nico-Tank-Woods, but especially with a rookie QB there will be some ups and downs, some weeks where you start the wrong guy, and some weeks where the answer is "none of them". Still, definitely worth holding some shares of the top two -- but not both on the same roster -- wherever you can. I wouldn't bother with Woods outside of bye-week fill-ins because his ceiling is so low

I know it's the wr thread, but I just wanted to state how disappointing Schultz has been. Thought he was at least gonna be a red zone threat.
Very disappointing he seems to be lost and his hands can't handle Stroud's throws. With Jordan getting the TD and worked out with Stroud off season that's not promising for Schultz.

musical chairs with the WRs don't believe a 165lb WR lasts as the #1. Nico is the guy to have.
Tank is too fast for defenders his weight is a positive in today's NFL.
Tank is the clearly the guy to have and a player Stroud lobbied to get drafted. He's lined up outside and slot already. He can't be stopped.

Robert Woods (80%) is leading both Nico (66%) & Dell (63%) in snaps played.

I want to say I read somewhere that Woods is a pretty decent blocker, which might lean him into getting more snaps but only where he's not actually going to score any fantasy points?

Users who are viewing this thread