What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

what "upgrade" was worth it? (1 Viewer)

ABSOLUTELY!  

Wife went "Costco Brand"....  wiping goes right thru!   :eek:
Kirkland TP is awesome...Soft, thick..VERY high quality.  And you get sooooo much more for the price

Same with Kirkland paper towels.  I don't know what your wife bought or from whre, or how long ago maybe?  But we only buy kirkland tp and paper towels.  The quality and price just cant be beat anywhere

Kirkland TP is awesome...Soft, thick..VERY high quality.  And you get sooooo much more for the price

Same with Kirkland paper towels.  I don't know what your wife bought or from whre, or how long ago maybe?  But we only buy kirkland tp and paper towels.  The quality and price just cant be beat anywhere
upside: you can buy them 576 rolls at a time.

Nothing worse than a ####ty can opener.  I'd rather spend $20-30 on one that does the job and lasts a few years than spend $5-10 on one that sucks and breaks in six months.  Usually, I'm the opposite.  For example, I'll take the $150 vaccuum cleaner over the higher end ones every time, even if it means buying a new one every few years.  

talk to me, Goose

what makes this great. my wife might need one.
You literally put the opener on the top of the wine bottle and press a button. It does everything else. (After you have cut off the foil - still have to do that.)

You press the button and it digs into the cork and then lifts it out. Once its out, you press the button in the other direction and it gets the cork off the screw.

Its unbelievably simple. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Paper towels are great!  The TP is too flimsy compared to Charmin.  Takes several more sheets to do the job!

Last two times I've flown, the TSA Pre line was longer than the regular line.  Still worth it to not have to strip halfway down but they're going to need to start adding more TSA pre lanes soon.  

Global Entry is perfect because one of my biggest pet peeves is coming back from an international trip and seeing 3 of 20 booths open and five incoming flights worth of people waiting in line.  

Spending $1700 on a suit, two shirts, and two ties....I wasn't paying much attention after a while!
Every so often I think about getting into private practice. Then I remember the clothing would eat any increase in income. Not to mention dry cleaning. 

You literally put the opener on the top of the wine bottle and press a button. It does everything else. (After you have cut off the foil - still have to do that.)

You press the button and it digs into the cork and then lifts it out. Once its out, you press the button in the other direction and it gets the cork off the screw.

Its unbelievably simple. 
Sounds cool, but there's something primally macho about using a corkscrew.

Not really.

Last two times I've flown, the TSA Pre line was longer than the regular line.  Still worth it to not have to strip halfway down but they're going to need to start adding more TSA pre lanes soon.  

Global Entry is perfect because one of my biggest pet peeves is coming back from an international trip and seeing 3 of 20 booths open and five incoming flights worth of people waiting in line.  
That's the best part of traveling!

Spending $1700 on a suit, two shirts, and two ties....I wasn't paying much attention after a while!
You spend that much on a suit, I'd like to think it would come with free tailoring.  Reminds me of the sole time I was able to fly first class and they still wanted me to pay $10 for the wifi.   

A few years ago, there was a TV show that featured the Costco Purchasing Agent and they highlighted the process of how they have this made to be one of the best out there.  I hate it when we run out and don't have Kirkland.

Without a doubt - first class/business on a flight. 

Domestically, its anywhere from $200-400 more per flight. Its worth it. So much easier to work. Depending on what you do, can definitely make it up in the air by working.
Private Jet over commercial first class.

You filthy animals.

Kirkland TP is a big upgrade over other brands that generate a lot of that TP dust.

Global entry

Better seats at concerts or sporting events

YouTube premium with no ads {includes their music app}

Better vacation destinations.  Like no one would choose Mexico or the Dominican if they had the money and knew how much better Barbados or Turks and Caicos is.

Anything that skips lines or eliminates waiting.

Tell me more about LASIK. Contacts aren’t that tremendous a PIA, but then again LASIK might be nice. I’m just concerned about being in that small percentage of people whose procedures doesn’t go well. Why screw with your vision. Seems like an unnecessary risk. 

Does Lasik over contacts count?   Best money I've ever spent.    Certainly my mountain bike if we're comparing it to something you'd get from walmart.   My lawn tractor without a doubt over a push mower if they're both in the same category.   

Lasik for sure. Don’t know why I waited it is such an amazing quality of life jump. 

Says literally everyone that's had it done.   What an amazing medical technology.   
Put me down for being in total agreement.   It was tremendous improvement in 5 minutes.  I was amazed at the immediate difference it made.
I've been contemplating lasik for a couple of years.  You guys are really helping with my decision.  :thumbup:  

Definitely agree with some of the stuff posted in here.  

Cologne-- most cheap colognes are repulsive and have an alcohol odor.   A decent cologne is well worth it. 

Hair cair products--definitely worth it to spend a bit more and get nice products.  I understand the appeal of getting a gallon of dep gel or an aerosol bottle of hair spray the size of a fire extinguisher for $5---but it's definitely worth spending a bit more to get nicer products. I like the Paul Mitchell Tea Tree collection a lot . 

Can Opener--I'm not even necessarily saying to get one of the crazy expensive motorized ones.  Even a nice quality manual one is such a luxury compared to the really low end ones

Tell me more about LASIK. Contacts aren’t that tremendous a PIA, but then again LASIK might be nice. I’m just concerned about being in that small percentage of people whose procedures doesn’t go well. Why screw with your vision. Seems like an unnecessary risk. 
this is always been my viewpoint also why take the risk and contacts only bother me when I'm doing water sports.

But boy it would be nice to be able to see without them at night

I’ve also been struggling with this decision for the past 10 years

I got it done in 2001 when it was still new-ish and they still used a blade to cut a flap in your cornea. I had some extra scarring around that cut than normal and it definitely makes night driving a bit more difficult because there are halos around lights...and I’d still choose to do it 100 out of 100 times. One of the best things I’ve ever done. It was unreal going into the procedure basically being blind and being able to see virtually crystal clear IMMEDIATELY after the procedure. 

Only thing I really didn’t expect was the oddness of smelling the laser burning my eyeballs. That was weird.

ETA: I do think that how bad your eyesight is may play a part. For me, I seriously couldn’t make out anything more than a foot in front of my face. If I didn’t put glasses on as the first thing I did in the morning, I would hurt myself trying to get around the room blindly.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve also been struggling with this decision for the past 10 years
My eyes are very sensitive to light, and I'm told that Lasik would make that even worse, so there's no way I can do it. But, boy, it would be nice. Lasers do scare me, though.

Users who are viewing this thread