What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What your team needs vs what your team has acquired - happy? (1 Viewer)

How as a WAS fan could I not be happy. New owner gets top rated GM who then gets a solid head coach who then gets competent coordinators. We will have a new QB. We filled key positions on both sides of the line. We let go of underperforming players. And we did it without totally blowing our salary cap, which leaves room to do smart re-signings in the future. We need a LT and only the brain trust knows if the QB will be Daniels or Maye. We need another WR and CB. But we have picks to get players. I don't know if the result will be playoffs this year, but the direction we are headed is A+

Packers fan…almost amazed they were active day one.

Excited about the additions of Jacobs and Mckinney.
Wished they would have done better with Aaron Jones and found a way to keep him.

We let go of underperforming players
Point of fact, Curl was one of the best safeties in the NFL.
Yeah. I meant more the salary cap cuts like Leno, Gates and L Thomas. But given how cheap Curl went for (2 yrs for $13M), leadership probably didn't want him back for whatever reason. It's not like they didn't have the cap space to re-sign him. Maybe he doesn't fit well in Quinn's D scheme.

We let go of underperforming players
Point of fact, Curl was one of the best safeties in the NFL.
Yeah. I meant more the salary cap cuts like Leno, Gates and L Thomas. But given how cheap Curl went for (2 yrs for $13M), leadership probably didn't want him back for whatever reason. It's not like they didn't have the cap space to re-sign him. Maybe he doesn't fit well in Quinn's D scheme.
They signed a couple of other safeties from what I recall. Writing was on the wall.
Rams got themselves a nice player.

Totally mixed feelings.

Sam Darnold possibly starting for the Vikings makes me feel ill.

I liked the other moves the Vikings have made so far. Added two good defensive players and a quality RB, which I was not expecting. The RB carousel has been a bit of a surprise.
Same. Though I had no issue with the Darnold move, my mixed feeling revolves around a possible overpay for McCarthy. That I don’t love.

Totally mixed feelings.

Sam Darnold possibly starting for the Vikings makes me feel ill.

I liked the other moves the Vikings have made so far. Added two good defensive players and a quality RB, which I was not expecting. The RB carousel has been a bit of a surprise.
Same. Though I had no issue with the Darnold move, my mixed feeling revolves around a possible overpay for McCarthy. That I don’t love.
From a rational perspective I know these QB tend to play better when they get into their late 20s and that could include Darnold.

From a subjective perspective based on what I saw of Darnold I have no hope of that happening or being enough for Darnold to be allowed anywhere near playing in actual football games.

As far as the Vikings trading up any price will ultimately be worth it if they pick the right QB. That's the key and trading up higher may be necessary to get the QB they believe in.

Users who are viewing this thread