What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What's Been The Best Album This Decade - Since 2007 (Optional?) (1 Viewer)

Radiohead - In Rainbows

Spoon - Ga ga ga ga ga

Kasabian - West Ryder Pauper Lunatic Asylum

Black Keys - Brothers

Arcade Fire - Suburbs

Mumford and Sons - Sigh No More

Iron & Wine - Kiss each other clean

fun. - Some nights  :bag:

Jack White - Blunderbuss

Although most of these would not be in my wheelhouse of music taste--if one were to try to try to come up with a general consensus for the best album of the last 10 years--it'd be hard to keep artists like Adele, Drake, Kendrick Lamar, and Kanye out.  

Although most of these would not be in my wheelhouse of music taste--if one were to try to try to come up with a general consensus for the best album of the last 10 years--it'd be hard to keep artists like Adele, Drake, Kendrick Lamar, and Kanye out.  
I agree with this, especially Kanye West and Kendrick Lamar. 

But I think Kanye's last great album was Graduation, in my own humble opinion (and it is humble but for the fact that I just want to talk about it).

Radiohead - In Rainbows

Spoon - Ga ga ga ga ga

Kasabian - West Ryder Pauper Lunatic Asylum

Black Keys - Brothers

Arcade Fire - Suburbs

Mumford and Sons - Sigh No More

Iron & Wine - Kiss each other clean

fun. - Some nights  :bag:

Jack White - Blunderbuss
This. I almost put in In Rainbows. Another consideration, Nick Cave - Push the Sky Away.

My favorites:

My Morning Jacket - Circuital

Band of Horses - Mirage Rock

Arcade Fire - Suburbs

Fleet Foxes - self titled

Heartless Bastards - Arrow and Restless Ones

Radiohead - In Rainbows

So much other great stuff: Car Seat Headrest, Father John Misty, Greensky Bluegrass, M. Ward, Of Monsters and Men, The National, LCD Soundsystem, Phish, Ray LaMontagne, War on Drugs, Shins, Spoon

Cage the Elephant - Melophobia

The Civil Wars - Barton Hallow

The Darkness - Last of our Kind

Of Monsters and Men - My Head is an Animal

Wolf Alice - My Love is Cool

Last edited by a moderator:
My favorites:

My Morning Jacket - Circuital

Band of Horses - Mirage Rock

Arcade Fire - Suburbs

Fleet Foxes - self titled

Heartless Bastards - Arrow and Restless Ones

Radiohead - In Rainbows

So much other great stuff: Car Seat Headrest, Father John Misty, Greensky Bluegrass, M. Ward, Of Monsters and Men, The National, LCD Soundsystem, Phish, Ray LaMontagne, War on Drugs, Shins, Spoon
Way to narrow it down dude

rockaction said:
T. Swift?  
Yes.  I was really impressed with the WHOLE 1989 album.  A lot of albums are a few good songs with filler, not the case for this one.

1989 was solid from start to finish and even had a 'bonus track' I really liked that was released as a single... "New Romantics" which sounded like Pet Shop Boys.

There were a lot of 80's influences you could hear through the album, and since I grew up on 80's music I really enjoyed it. 

Yes.  I was really impressed with the WHOLE 1989 album.  A lot of albums are a few good songs with filler, not the case for this one.

1989 was solid from start to finish and even had a 'bonus track' I really liked that was released as a single... "New Romantics" which sounded like Pet Shop Boys.

There were a lot of 80's influences you could hear through the album, and since I grew up on 80's music I really enjoyed it. 
Sure, was just wondering if that's what you were referring to.  

In before the hipsters say Ryan Adams version

In before the hipsters say Ryan Adams version
I used to have the Whiskeytown CD Strangers Almanac and I listened to every song many times over many years ago.  I am fan of Ryan Adams and thought it was incredibly flattering of him to cover 1989.  I listened to maybe 2 full songs of his 1989 cover, and several song clips and it was pretty cool, but I didn't like it THAT much.  I do think it was awesome that he did it though.

I've spent a coupla days now listening to y'all's pix to make sure - lotta decent "best we got"'s but nothing that says "we're searing this into your brain and you will never be the same" (which is the point of r&r, after all) - but the correct answer is Sufjan Stevens's Age of Adz. 

Closest this century has to a Sgt Pepper but pretty damn far at that. More ideas in one album than any twenty 21st C albums and some truly poignant song moments, but still more tropes than songs. It is a flat, frikkin sin that someone hasn't gotten to SS and convinced him of the obligation to society which his genius demands. That he has yet to offer himself up to the counterpoints, contradictions, containments & contexts of contrasting talents necessary to turn his canoodling onanism into the masterworks which could move the world is more wrong than Trump. Were i to encounter the lad, he'd get the Jesse-Pinkman-in-Uncle-Jack's-compound treatment from me til he came to his senses.

And, since i'm an old man with no cred, little harm can be done to my rep by nominating tUnE-yArDs Whokill, Jamie Cullum's The Pursuit & Paul Simon's So Beautiful So What along with Stevens' Carrie & Lowell as supplementary entries.

I used to have the Whiskeytown CD Strangers Almanac and I listened to every song many times over many years ago.  I am fan of Ryan Adams and thought it was incredibly flattering of him to cover 1989.  I listened to maybe 2 full songs of his 1989 cover, and several song clips and it was pretty cool, but I didn't like it THAT much.  I do think it was awesome that he did it though.
I think Adams' self-titled album from 2014 is his best from the past decade.

wikkidpissah said:
I've spent a coupla days now listening to y'all's pix to make sure - lotta decent "best we got"'s but nothing that says "we're searing this into your brain and you will never be the same" (which is the point of r&r, after all) - but the correct answer is Sufjan Stevens's Age of Adz. 

Closest this century has to a Sgt Pepper but pretty damn far at that. More ideas in one album than any twenty 21st C albums and some truly poignant song moments, but still more tropes than songs. It is a flat, frikkin sin that someone hasn't gotten to SS and convinced him of the obligation to society which his genius demands. That he has yet to offer himself up to the counterpoints, contradictions, containments & contexts of contrasting talents necessary to turn his canoodling onanism into the masterworks which could move the world is more wrong than Trump. Were i to encounter the lad, he'd get the Jesse-Pinkman-in-Uncle-Jack's-compound treatment from me til he came to his senses.

And, since i'm an old man with no cred, little harm can be done to my rep by nominating tUnE-yArDs Whokill, Jamie Cullum's The Pursuit & Paul Simon's So Beautiful So What along with Stevens' Carrie & Lowell as supplementary entries.
This. Carrie & Lowell was an amazing album as well. I actually preferred it, but it's not the multi faceted amazeballs record that Age was.

Since Halcyon, Rainbows, ‘Burbs are mentioned already I’ll add An Awesome Wave by Alt J.   Somewhere down the line I mistakenly played this through three times and now it has its hooks in me. Headphones recommended.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since Halcyon, Rainbows, ‘Burbs are mentioned already I’ll add An Awesome Wave by Alt J.   Somewhere down the line I mistakenly played this through three times and now it has its hooks in me. Headphones recommended.
was thinking of this one too.. definitely broke a mold putting this out- such a distinct and different sound.

Yo @rockaction when is the poll? I am thinking of doing an aughts battle of the bands
Great idea. But the poll might be flawed if I do it now. Let's open up the floor for nominations. I'll look at those which were mentioned by more than one poster and do it in a few days. 

Feel free to start an aughts battle. We can handle more than one...

Great idea. But the poll might be flawed if I do it now. Let's open up the floor for nominations. I'll look at those which were mentioned by more than one poster and do it in a few days. 

Feel free to start an aughts battle. We can handle more than one...
I was thinkng bands,  not albums. I actually did a very large Battle of the Bands like 10 years ago on here. Had a 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s regions. I just chose the bands on my own and did rankings randomly since I figured people would always disagree. I know Beatles (60s) beat LZ (70s) in the finals. 

I was thinkng bands,  not albums. I actually did a very large Battle of the Bands like 10 years ago on here. Had a 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s regions. I just chose the bands on my own and did rankings randomly since I figured people would always disagree. I know Beatles (60s) beat LZ (70s) in the finals. 
Yeah, I caught that, I think. 

I actually just looked and am not sure how to add a poll question to an already existing topic. I'll check it out more and do a rough sketch.  

Users who are viewing this thread