What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What's Normal? - Do You Primarily Fold or Crumple Your Toilet Paper? (1 Viewer)

When preparing to wipe, do you crumple up the toilet paper in a wad or do you fold/roll it neatly?

• Fold/Roll

Votes: 79 65.3%
  • Crumple

Votes: 42 34.7%

• Total voters
I have always been a folder. However on a 8 hour drive home from the Texas coast I did discover that crumping cheap toilet paper makes it feel less scratchy. It was a miserable ride home after eating the hottest wings I've ever had, but my picture made it on the wall of flame! Also if your wings are served with a latex glove, use it if you don't do the smart thing and run away. The burn just reignited with each rush of air as I cleaned under my nails. I don't remember the name of the place but I'm convinced they mixed napalm into their wing sauce.

Primarily a folder, but lately the wife has bought thicker TP which only needs one square at a time.
I’ll fold between wipes. Do the crumplers only use each once or do you crumple after the first wipe?

Depends on the quality of the TP.

If it's cheap, single-ply stuff prone to fingers breaking through and becoming soiled I make a giant wad of it and hope for the best. I also pass judgement on anyone who provides that to guests in their homes.

If it's a sturdy, multi-ply product I am much more organized, folding neatly and wiping with confidence, while appreciative of the homeowner's respect for my anus.

Sometimes I'll open with a reconnoitering crumple, but from there it's a triangular fold, usually dampened with water. Last skid mark: pre-2000.

I fold. and I'll use the last strip to fold back over and get extra wipes as needed.

I'm guessing here- but assume crumpling also uses more paper.

Fold, never even considered crumpling-seems it could lead to messy situations.
Can't stand single ply or industrial toilet paper so bring my own to work or when traveling. Always have at least a roll in my trunk

Sometimes I'll open with a reconnoitering crumple, but from there it's a triangular fold, usually dampened with water. Last skid mark: pre-2000.
never heard of this- I'm intrigued.
Wrapped around the index finger.
That might sting.
That's where the dampening warm water comes in handy.
I guess that Police joke was too invisible, son.

I fold but not to some like OCD level precise thing. Mainly to make sure the consistency is uniform throughout.

That might sting.
I guess that Police joke was too invisible, son.
Yes, embarrassing, especially since I consider myself a tantric wiper.

That might sting.

Anything more than 3 or 4 sprinkles and you’ll have a catastrophic failure and possibly a dirty digit. Can’t risk it unless preceded by no less than two clean swipes.

I did an informal survey in my college radio days and found that women were more likely to be crumplers and men more likely to be folders. I assume it’s because women have to use it for everything all the time so they said to hell with it, and men only on special occasions.

I first crumple, then wrap the crumple, turn 90°, so as the rounded wrapped side is the edge and accommodates a wide runway.

Of course, if you eat right, almost no wiping is ever necessary.

That might sting.

Anything more than 3 or 4 sprinkles and you’ll have a catastrophic failure and possibly a dirty digit. Can’t risk it unless preceded by no less than two clean swipes.
Almost never a problem: I use sturdy Scott tissue and plenty of it.

Fold, always. I opened this expecting to see 10:1 fold to crumple ratio. There way more crumplers out there that I thought. I feel like if the crumple came loose before depositing in the toilet, you'd run a real risk of stray piece of soiled papers hitting the seat or something else.

So many followup questions for future polls. I'm curious about front vs back wipe.

Most surprising response thus far? Carrying a roll in the trunk.

So many followup questions for future polls. I'm curious about front vs back wipe.

Lots of good one's for #2 clean-up procedure, but the most important, imo, is should the roll feed from the top or bottom?

Top is absolutely the right answer, but pretty much everybody in my life either feeds from the bottom or (gasp) thinks it doesn't even matter.

Lots of good one's for #2 clean-up procedure, but the most important, imo, is should the roll feed from the top or bottom?

Top is absolutely the right answer, but pretty much everybody in my life either feeds from the bottom or (gasp) thinks it doesn't even matter.
I believe this one was covered here years ago with the overwhelming majority voting top. The only legitimate "bottom" reason I've ever heard is one guy said he had a cat who used to play with a "top" roll and unravel most or all of it.

Users who are viewing this thread