What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What's Normal? - Ketchup or mustard on your hot dog? (1 Viewer)

Ketchup or mustard on your hot dog?

• Ketchup

Votes: 22 11.5%
  • Mustard

Votes: 92 47.9%
  • Both

Votes: 65 33.9%
  • Neither

Votes: 13 6.8%

• Total voters
Both. If given the choice of only one, then mustard.

Also, if given the choice of a whole plethora of toppings, you will barely see the dog once I am done. Need onions or pico, a little shredded cheese. Will also go mayo and sauerkraut with celery salt.

Spicy mustard and relish is my preferred - i have to time to sit down and eat the hot dog topping

If I grab one sometime during the turn - just whatever mustard they have and go on my way.

What's normal do you prefer to "cook them"?

Grilled
Boiled
Pan cooked
Microwave

I'm a boiled water fella
I prefer the grill - but for convenience, I'll boil sometimes. Microwave has never occurred to me. It's not like it takes that much more time or effort to boil it or pan fry it.

Mustard + relish, or Chili + cheese are the only two ways I ever make them at home

I love a Chicago style when I'm in Chicago though

Mustard + relish, or Chili + cheese are the only two ways I ever make them at home

I love a Chicago style when I'm in Chicago though
Best Chicago Style dog I ever had was at Home Depot. Friggin' Covid closed down the cart and my life is forever changed for the worse as a result.
I second this. And not just Chicago Style. Best bratwurst, best regular dog, best spicy sausage dog, best peppers and sausage. Those carts outside Home Depot were/are seriously legit. COVID killed most around here, but they are slowly coming back.

That said, here in Texas, we are slowly starting to get the small street carts with bacon wrapped dogs and peppers on the side that I had only seen in San Fran and Seattle. Especially outside of concerts after the show. Big potential.

Both - but clarifying that yellow mustard is awful. I only use spicy mustard - also TONS of onions. I'll pass on cheese personally.

Seems like little kids put ketchup on hot dogs. I find ketchup on hot dogs to be gross and I like ketchup. Mustard is a must on a hot dog for me and I eat them plain if only ketchup is available. Adding one or a few of these to the mustard is preferred though: onions, tomatoes, cheese and chili.

Most often it is just Ketchup. Then add relish to the ketchup. Lastly Ketchup, Mustard, and relish.

If there are no other toppings and just the condiment options I will always go with both. I prefer Sweet-Hot mustard but will go with spicy brown mustard as a second choice. If there are other toppings (cheese, chilli, onions, kraut, etc) then I may go with mustard only depending on the toppings or just the toppings. For chili cheese dogs I like to put a layer of cheese beneath the dog then add chili and more cheese/onions on top.

Prefer dogs grilled as god intended (preferable bacon wrapped).

For those who like Chicago style, this stuff is pretty good. Keep in mind that the only other Chicago style hot dog I've ever had came from Sonic, so I'm not pretending to be an expert.
Just figured out what I am buying myself for Christmas. Need that sauce and all the other ones from that site. Thanks!!

And don't knock Sonic. Those guys can do hot dogs.

For those who like Chicago style, this stuff is pretty good. Keep in mind that the only other Chicago style hot dog I've ever had came from Sonic, so I'm not pretending to be an expert.
Just figured out what I am buying myself for Christmas. Need that sauce and all the other ones from that site. Thanks!!

I've gotten a lot of stuff from Zesti. The hot sauces are great. The dill pickle, Carolina Gold and whatever it is for pizza are all great. I still think our resident FBG @Hot Sauce Guy has the best stuff around, but variety is always good.

I've gotten a lot of stuff from Zesti. The hot sauces are great. The dill pickle, Carolina Gold and whatever it is for pizza are all great. I still think our resident FBG @Hot Sauce Guy has the best stuff around, but variety is always good.
I have a Mustard Chipotle that’ll take the Pepsi challenge against anyone’s.

Never seen Zesti - looks good. I’ll have to give them a try.

You can't toss all that in a blender and expect it to taste the same, IMO. It's flavor AND texture that makes it the best to me.

How many hot dogs do you eat if you're having them for a lunch/dinner type meal (as opposed to a quick snack)?

Users who are viewing this thread