What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What's Normal? - Ketchup or mustard on your hot dog? (1 Viewer)

Ketchup or mustard on your hot dog?

• Ketchup

Votes: 22 11.5%
  • Mustard

Votes: 92 47.9%
  • Both

Votes: 65 33.9%
  • Neither

Votes: 13 6.8%

• Total voters
For those who like Chicago style, this stuff is pretty good. Keep in mind that the only other Chicago style hot dog I've ever had came from Sonic, so I'm not pretending to be an expert.
You can't toss all that in a blender and expect it to taste the same, IMO. It's flavor AND texture that makes it the best to me.
I agree, but I don't usually have all of those things at home, so this stuff is good in a pinch.

When I was a young man
Me mammy said to me
Stay away from all those Yankee girls
They'll never let you be
So I went to New York City
To see what I could see
They put mustard on me hot dog, boys
They never let me be

We rarely eat hot dogs but I’ll take a good artichoke or pepper relish if available.

Mustard + relish, or Chili + cheese are the only two ways I ever make them at home

I love a Chicago style when I'm in Chicago though
Best Chicago Style dog I ever had was at Home Depot. Friggin' Covid closed down the cart and my life is forever changed for the worse as a result.
Ours still has the cart and I swing by almost every time when I go to Home Depot, which is only every few months). So good

I’m flexible. Crappy dog def gets ketchup.

A spicy mustard always works.

Anyone who voluntarily puts that yellow French’s mustard which is akin to the sweat from Satan’s taint on their dog is a madman.

Anyone who voluntarily puts that yellow French’s mustard which is akin to the sweat from Satan’s taint on their dog is a madman.

Lot of madmen* in here.**

*I'm one of them - love yellow mustard on a hotdog.
*I'm assuming that at least half if not more of the Mustard votes are thinking yellow mustard and not other mustard types. If I'm correct then the yellow mustard votes well outnumbers ketchup.

When you cannot get a grilled Dodger Dog, next best thing to me is one of those dogs you see in the cart when it's done right

When at Home:
-Take a small pot and fill it about halfway up with water, bring the water to a boil and then turn the water off as you drop the dogs in, it's OK if you drop them in and the water is still boiling but turn it off and let them set in there for about 5-7 minutes and you will have a wonderful tasting hot dog that is about as good as you could get anywhere

-I like Kayem and I also like Nathan's, the ones that are skinny and long, kind of bend and are only 6 in a pack, maybe they are skinless but they cook up nice

Chicago style is the way (celery salt, mustard, relish, onions, tomato, sport peppers, pickle spear). Or chili cheese. Those are the only two ways for me.
Bingo. With poppy seed bun please.

If not Chicago style, I'll take mustard and onions only please (alt Chicago style).

yellow mustard is ****ing disgusting, and ketchup isn't much better. though I do like ketchup if it's a half/half mix with hot sauce.

How do we feel about what to put on corn dogs? I bought a case of them a few weeks back, and on late nights at the office, I pop a couple in the air fryer and dinner is served. While I normally go yellow mustard for dipping, will branch out and have used: ketchup, BBQ sauce, chipotle aioli, Whataburger honey butter sauce, etc.

That said, here in Texas, we are slowly starting to get the small street carts with bacon wrapped dogs and peppers on the side that I had only seen in San Fran and Seattle. Especially outside of concerts after the show. Big potential.

Those carts have been in downtown LA as long as I can remember. At least back to the mid-80s. The guy outside of Crypto.com has a few options for toppings. He has a mayo infused with grilled onions. Add lettuce and tomato and it's a BLT dog. So good. I share Laker seats with a college buddy. He gets his with with onion and thick squirt of chipotle "ketchup". Also so good. Mmmm bacon.

I voted ketchup cuz y'all are so mean about it on a dog. I was raised on ketchup, mustard and relish. Tho sometimes we'd get treated to baked bean dogs. Mom knew what's up.

Usually just mustard

Will occasionally do dill relish or kraut

Chicago Style is acceptable

Coney with chili onions mustard also acceptable (I prefer grilled onions)

Pretty much any topping besides ketchup is acceptable

Lot of madmen* in here.**

*I'm one of them - love yellow mustard on a hotdog.
*I'm assuming that at least half if not more of the Mustard votes are thinking yellow mustard and not other mustard types. If I'm correct then the yellow mustard votes well outnumbers ketchup.
That stuff is terrible. Color, smell, and most importantly taste. You are better than that! Come on AAA!

Both for me.

Love that folks will happily scarf down the processed racoon guts and shoe leather in a typical hot dog, but get all food snobby if someone dares to put ketchup on it.

Both for me.

Love that folks will happily scarf down the processed racoon guts and shoe leather in a typical hot dog, but get all food snobby if someone dares to put ketchup on it.
Racoon guts are delicious, Ketchup is disgusting.

you're slummin if you do don't buy possum franks

Spicy brown mustard is the starting point. You might as well be Satan if you try and order ketchup on a hot dog in some places - especially Chicago. I like pickles or relish. Tomatoes at times. Add chili if I’m in a Tommy’s vibe

I don’t understand the Midwest’s obsessive anti-ketchup on hot dogs stance. It’s my go-to choice. But I don’t really like mustard except on soft pretzels.

Boiling hot dogs is so 70's. Grilled or air fryer is the way to go, both until the dog is blackened. Then add a little mustard and chili if you have it and yummmm!

This is right up there with ranch or blue cheese with your wings.

Do what you like. Some days I like one, other days I like the other. God has yet to strike me down for either decision.

Users who are viewing this thread