What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What's Normal? - Ketchup or mustard on your hot dog? (1 Viewer)

Ketchup or mustard on your hot dog?

• Ketchup

Votes: 22 11.5%
  • Mustard

Votes: 92 47.9%
  • Both

Votes: 65 33.9%
  • Neither

Votes: 13 6.8%

• Total voters
someone asked about brands earlier.

we have a few good butchers around us:

buds

Sonoma County Meats

For store bought:
weiss wurst
bocks
casper's
nathan's

Mustards:
ingelhoffer has a good lineup:
spicy brown and stone ground work well

also sierra nevada has a good line: porter spicy brown, stout stone ground

Last edited:
My standard dog at home is Oscar Mayer Natural Angus
Also will get local Dearborn Brand Natural Casing or 1904 dogs

Plochmans is my yellow mustard of choice

The best dog I had this year actually had cream cheese, bacon, peanut butter and strawberry jam on it.

I know, I know, but it worked.

GB, if/when you get up to Portland, we're going to hit up Killer Burger (owned by Ducks legend LaMichael James). They have a peanut butter bacon burger that is out of this world. I was skeptical, thought it would be pretty gross but a few bites in I was in love. Just a great combo!

The best dog I had this year actually had cream cheese, bacon, peanut butter and strawberry jam on it.

GB, if/when you get up to Portland, we're going to hit up Killer Burger (owned by Ducks legend LaMichael James). They have a peanut butter bacon burger that is out of this world. I was skeptical, thought it would be pretty gross but a few bites in I was in love. Just a great combo!
interesting...didn't know this. i've only been a few times.

interesting...didn't know this. i've only been a few times.

He owns the Beaverton location and just opened one in Lake O.

Peanut butter burgers are good. So is peanut butter in chili

I’ll do both if it’s some low quality hot dog like Ballpark or Oscar Meyer. If it’s a higher quality dog then I’ll go with spicy mustard and sauerkraut.

Yellow mustard is the absolute worst kind of mustard.

What's normal do you prefer to "cook them"?

Grilled
Boiled
Pan cooked
Microwave

I'm a boiled water fella
I've started cooking mine in the air fryer. Turns out similar to a grill and maybe get some splitters if you cook them long enough.

Michael Symon's choice at Happy Dog in Cleveland: chunky peanut butter, pickle relish, and siracha. And yes, it's pretty darn good.

As far as the poll, I can go any direction and be happy, but I usually go light on the condiments. If I know it's a good hot dog, then I'm more likely to go without.

Users who are viewing this thread